2014 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

Renewed TV Shows 2014TVLine’s annual index of immeasurable relief and crushing disappointment known as the Renewal Scorecard has arrived!

From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return for another season… and which will join Lucky 7, Ironside and We Are Men over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we once again present you with our easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel — including, for the first time, info on back-nine pickups! — so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal grid are as follows:

♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC

America’s Funniest Home Videos: Officially renewed.
The Assets:
Officially cancelled
The Bachelor:
A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Back In the Game: Too early to tell. Officially Cancelled
Betrayal: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Black Box: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Extreme Weight Loss: Season 4 debuted May 27; Already renewed for Season 5
The Goldbergs: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Killer Women: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially Renewed.
Lucky 7: Officially cancelled
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Mind Games: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Mistresses: Officially renewed; Season 2 premieres Summer 2014
Mixology: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Motive: Season 2 finale aired Aug. 27; Already renewed in Canada; ABC airing Season 3 could go either way
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Neighbors: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Resurrection: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Revenge: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Rookie Blue: Officially renewed; Season 5 premieres Summer 2014
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Super Fun Night: Too early to tell A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Trophy Wife: Too early to tell Could go either way. Officially cancelled

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:

Two and a Half Men
    2 Broke Girls
    Mom
    The Good Wife
    Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

• Brandy says:

Modern Family is one of the highest rated comedies on tv and on abc ,it’s not getting cancelled.Americas Next Top Model has already been renewed and is making a lots of money for CW it’s not getting cancelled.

• The Simpsons has been renewed. Haha. So it’s not cancelled. And Modern Family will be renewed.

I pray that Mom and The Good Wife will be renewed. And I pray that The Millers will be cancelled. *Fingers Crossed*

• Daniel.safe.35 says:

Millers will be renewed. It’s the only comedy CBS owns.

• Noah says:

HOW COULD ANYONE WANT THE MILLERS CANCELLED??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2. Teri says:

Who else thinks Mom will get renewed over The Crazy Ones?

3. Jerry says:

What’s with people wanting to cancel Modern Family? You may find it unfunny and undeserving of the awards, but it is still performing well.

Even if you put aside ratings and rate it on quality alone, while it may not be in the “best of television” list, how can anyone justify it being in the “worst of television” list? I think it is still better than 2 Broke Girls, New Girl and even The Big Bang Theory (who kind of hit a creative slump this lately too).

4. dee123 says:

Just noticed Revenge has changed to “A Safe Bet” I don’t know when this happened bit this is good news.

5. Stinky Feet Lover says:

Celebrity Apprentice?! So when is the return date? Shoulda been announced by now.
    And what about Kitchen Nightmares & Hell’s Kitchen?!!

6. Sarahliz says:

When do you think we’ll have an official call on Intelligence? There’s only what, 4 or 5 eps left this season? Any chance CBS will put us out of our misery and let us know one way or the other sooner rather than later?

7. JJ says:

Think you are wrong about Revolution–especially if Crisis and Believe fail.

8. Denise says:

Does anybody knows if they are goimg to make a second season of The Secret Circle? I really miss that show :(

9. Denise says:

When is the secret circle season 2 coming!! I love that show and miss it. Bring back the secret circle!

10. Daniel.safe.35 says:

2 Broke Girls – RENEW
    Two and a Half Men – RENEW
    The Big Bang Theory – RENEW
    The Millers – RENEW
    Mom – RENEW
    Family Guy – RENEW
    Agents of shield – CANCEL
    The Crazy Ones – CANCEL
    The Simpsons – CANCEL
    Modern Family – CANCEL

• Jerry says:

All of them are getting renewed besides maybe The Crazy Ones. I find it weird that you are commenting on shows that are almost all getting renewed, which goes beyond any speculative value.

11. Dawn says:

I LOVE Nashville. I can’t imagine why it could go either way. My family also loves Hawaii 5-O and Intelligence. Finally, Revolution is awesome. Can’t believe it’s a long shot. Again, the networks these days just don’t give shows a chance. It seems to need to be an over the top fad (like Glee) or else it doesn’t get a chance. A darn shame. PS – I’m still not over Everwood, Jericho and Flash Forward being cancelled, so you may not want to listen to me. LOL

12. Petal says:

How on earth could CBS even think about cancelling Blue Bloods – one of the best drama series on the telly in America (without it being over-the-top fictionalized or fast-action)! Donnie Wahlberg is one of the most under-rated TV actors, as was/is the excellent Dennis Haysbert! CBS has cancelled many excellent “normal” dramas, even though their ratings can be 8 million viewers or more. No rhyme nor reason!

• bk says:

Nobody but old people watch those shows. Blue Bloods is not one of tv’s best shows. But I’m betting you love safe shows like this

• Sarahliz1624 says:

I’m 24 and watch that show. And it’s ridiculous that the only shows that get to stay on the air are the ones watched by young people. Ageist much??

• bk says:

Well then you’re pry this show’s youngest viewer. Only 15 perecent of it’s audience is in the demo. The average for broadcast tv is 40 percent

• Mary S says:

bk- if you do not like the show, you really need to watch more of it and learn how to grow up! It has great family values, supportive and loving characters, who are nice to each other even when they disagree. If you do not understand these things, watch it as a life-lesson! I am not certain what age group you are in, but your comment about “nobody but old people” leads me to believe that you are very young and not yet emotionally mature….trapped somewhere in the 13-15 range. If you don’t like the show, JUST DON’T WATCH IT!!! Don’t try to take it from those of us who do find it uplifting and charming.
        I still think it would be good for you to watch it as an example of proper behavior! It is a cop show, too, so you can just ignore the family stories, but it sounds to me like you need to learn respect for others’ feelings.

• vkholmes says:

Absolutely brilliant response Mary S, to bk’s very immature comment. Couldn’t agree with you more!

• bk says:

Sounds like you couldn’t handle a real show. Blue Bloods is for people who need comfort food. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones what not are for people who want mature storytelling.

• Mary S says:

I have watched both shows that you mentioned. I like variety in my entertainment. I adored Dexter, surely not a “safe” or “boring” show in any sense of either word and certainly not “comfort food” – in anyone’s world!. I loved the Borgias, which had powerful scripts and world-class actors and was, as far as the searches I did, true to history; it was cut short, though, with a terribly unsatisfactory series finale. I also love The Blacklist, The Following, and a wide variety of cop shows. That does NOT mean that I cannot like a show with strong family ties and a deep ethical and honorable storyline. I am a woman of many tastes and intellectual interests. I watch Masterpiece, news shows, travel shows, cooking shows and at least one reality show that would probably cause you to implode!
            Just because a show has violence or has drug dealers as its main characters does not mean it is “mature” storytelling. It just means it is covering the baser side of human nature, which is, in my humble opinion, more than covered on the evening news.
            There must be some kind of socially redeeming quality in a show for me to enjoy it. That does not mean I think the shows you like are bad shows or that people shouldn’t watch them OR that I will personally attack or mock or belittle those who enjoy them. Anything I watch must bring at least one smile to my face during each episode.
            You mentioned that you thought I must be old because I like Blue Bloods…You’re right, I am, compared to your juvenile attitudes. But, hey, 30 would be old compared to your mind-set.
            It is not up to me to tell you what to watch (though I do think that opening your mind to Blue Bloods would be good for you) and it is CERTAINLY not up to you to tell me what to watch or make judgments about me because of what I enjoy. I don’t think you are mature enough to handle some of the shows I watch.

• Sarahliz says:

You mean sex, violence and drug use. News flash — a good story can be told without those things,

13. Inger says:

I´m happy to see that Under the Dome and Sleepy Hollow have been renewed.

14. Inger says:

A show I really love has still not been renewed for S3. The one I´m talking about is Beauty and the Beast. It´s my absolute favorite. So sorry that CW does not take into consideration that there are lots of international viewers of the show.

But I´m happy that The Blacklist has been renewed. That show is my second best.

15. chris says:

i think the tomrwrro people and hart of dixie will get renwed dosent look good for beauty and the beast

16. Please keep revolution please its my favorite show that and once upon a time

17. And do you know when and off defiance will return I really hope so

18. Michele Sherman says:

VERY DISAPPOINTED to hear they are canceling Betrayal! I love this show!!!!!!!!!

19. fragrance u patton says:

Please don’t cancel ouat in wonderland! I actually enjoyed going back and forth watching them both. …..I am really anticipating what’s going to happen next.

20. etb says:

I sure wish they would use a current date on this post – it’s hard to tell when it’s really been updated.

21. JenInChicago says:

Raising Hope is doing some of the most original things on TV and not enough people are watching it. This saddens me.

• Shel says:

Sorry for empty message. Working with new device. I agree that Raising Hope is awesome! FOX killed that show by (1) putting it on Fridays, (2) not enough advertising, (3) scheduling actual episodes. It started later than most of the rest of Fall season (I think), then they would run episodes back-to-back as if they were trying to burn off episodes.

With Mentalist, does CBS ever think about how THEIR decision to move the show is the problem. It should have stayed in its original time slot, for one. And do they think about how football ruined the start time for most of the first half of the year? Everyone doesn’t have a DVR, and not
      everyone is willing to stay up until midnight on a Sunday night.

22. rowina says:

They seriously need to renew dracula!!!!! I’m gonna freak out if they don’t!

23. Imtired of shows like the bachelor’s and bacheloretts and watching who lost fat and who didn’t,and. The gold burgs and junk I could puke why not play once an episode each night of the week on once in wonderland every other night or some thing good I liked bones but now its geting boring and the big bang theory to me is stupid story but that’s just me under the dome was good to at 1 st cut I’m not so hep with it .I do like beauty & beast
    Reign was OK not to found of last man standing. It like it so much more then gold burgs. arrow is OK I guess I love revolution,once upon a time and once in wonderland can’t waste till defiance gets back in April ‘. Guess I should shut up huh ..

24. RM says:

RENEW CARRIE DIARIES AND HART OF DIXIE!

25. tracy says:

I watched a few episodes of wonderland on hulu so for me the time slot was not an issue. It was the horrible acting, plot and CGI.

26. Teri says:

My CBS comedy predictions
    The Big Bang Theory – Renew for season 8 (24 episodes)
    Two and a Half Men – Renew for season 12 (24 episodes)
    The Millers – Renew for season 2 (24 episodes)
    2 Broke Girls – Renew for season 4 (23 episodes)
    Mom – Renew for season 2 (23 episodes)
    Mike and Molly – Cancel
    The Crazy Ones – Cancel

27. Janice says:

The Millers is CBS’s owned comedy, I don’t see how it’s ‘could go either way’. It IS getting renewed and there is no chance of it getting cancelled.

28. Noah says:

CBS should…
    2 Broke Girls – I like it. RENEW!
    The Amazing Race – Stupid show. CANCEL!
    The Big Bang Theory – Absolutely Hilarious. RENEW!
    Big Brother – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Blue Bloods – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    The Crazy Ones – Worst show on TV. CANCEL!
    Criminal Minds – It sucks! CANCEL!
    CSI – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Elementary – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    The Good Wife – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Hawaii Five-0 – Hawaii Five-CRAP! CANCEL!
    Hostages – Does anyone like this show? CANCEL!
    How I Met Your Mother – Love it, but I know the answer. TOO LATE!
    Intelligence – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    The Mentalist – I pray it’ll die. CANCEL!
    Mike & Molly – Fat ass pricks. CANCEL!
    The Millers – Hate to see it go. RENEW!
    Mom – Great show! RENEW!
    NCIS – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    NCIS: Los Angeles – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Person of Interest – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Survivor – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    Two and a Half Men – Best show on TV. RENEW!
    Under the Dome – Very interesting. RENEW!
    Undercover Boss – Let it die. CANCEL!
    Unforgettable – Never seen it. RENEW OR CANCEL!
    We Are Men – Never seen it. CANCELLED
    Next – Fox should…

29. Janice says:

I’s very satisfying to see that you were right about Mindy and Brooklyn 99 whereas other sites (which I’m not going to mention) were sooooo far off with their predictions. now I hope your intel is right about The good wife as well (which most people predict as cancelled but if you label it a a sure thing I believe you must have your reasons…)
    I don’t understand The Millers eirther though. Besides TBBT (which is a whole other level ratings-wise) and not-returning HIMYM, it’s the highest-rated CBS comedy. As much as it hurts me to say this, it’s coming back for sure

• Noah says:

And it’s the only CBS owned comedy, which means, thankfully, it’ll be back for the 2015-16 season too.

30. Daniel.safe.35 says:

Two and a Half Men, The Millers, The Big Bang, 2 Broke Girls and Mom are the only shows I watch, I’m rooting for them

31. Stacy says:

Most of my favorites are sure things except Trophy Wife. I really need more of this show. Give it a chance ABC.

32. Stacy says:

The only two I’m really worried about are Trophy Wife and Almost Human. Fingers crossed they get a reprieve from the ABC and Fox powers that be.

33. Mathew says:

where is whodunnit? on the abc list i want to know whats the chances are for being renewed.

34. josh says:

Why is Community still too early to tell? Does it depend on the success of the midseason replacements? I figured it would be too early to tell without Donald Glover, but we are now a few episodes deep and it’s clear the show is staying strong (or at least not losing ground

35. Noah says:

A good idea, would be to renew Two and a Half Men.

36. Jane says:

I don’t understand why is this? Why when I’m only fell for Revolution, because second season is more interesting than a first was (Charlie and Bass is very cute; yes, it is, Bass is cute now :)) I see this “a long-shot”. Why? I do what I can – I watch it in time (and it is difficult now, first season was more lucky in this matter), I have been on official sites and writes (more rarely, excuse me) on the twitter. Oh my…

37. Angel says:

I hate it that Intelligence is in “a long shot” status. I really like the show!! I also hope Hawaii 5-0 will continue!!

38. Noah says:

Two and a Half Men, I hear will be renewed for a final season. So, I’d change to ‘a safe bet’, but not quite yet ‘a sure thing’. They also want Mike and Molly and Mom renewed, so 2 other ‘a safe bet’s. The Millers is CBS owned and it should be ‘a sure thing’.

39. James says:

Almost Human better get renewed…

40. lea says:

How is the good wife sure thing? Mentalist is not? The wife’s ratings hh and demo is lower.

41. Ev Lag says:

I can’t believe they would even think of cancelling a show like Nashville. I love the actors and plots. It encompasses the best and worst of people in everyday life, and people with aspirations toward bettering their lives. I hope they keep it I really look forward to watching every week.

42. Shel says:

NBC: Glad to see Grimm safe. Believe had an excellent pilot, can’t wait to see if it lives up to that promise. Hope NBC gives the new comedies a chance to find an audience before deciding their fates (About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher). The Blacklist is great. I don’t watch Chicago Fire, but Chicago PD was better than I expected.

FOX: Oh, no. Just read that Raising Hope is cancelled. :( This is a hysterical show. They put it on Friday and killed it – thanks Fox.

Also, you may love the creator of the show, Dads, but that show is never going to be good. “Could go either way” Please.

ABC: Cancelled Back in the Game too soon. These networks need to let some of these shows have more time for the buzz to grow and the audience to find them. If DWTS is a safe bet, why do they keep messing with the format? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Renew Nashville – great show, great music! Liked Resurrection’s premier – we’ll see. Hope they get some time before a decision is made.

CBS: Congrats to Survivor and Big Bang Theory – long may they reign. Surprised Mike & Molly is on the bubble. Hope Mom makes it – great characters, great acting. Person of Interest absolutely deserves renewal. Under the Dome: methinks CBS may have ruined a good thing. It was created as a mini series with a set beginning and end and the show was already heading to the end by the time it was “renewed.” They should have left it alone and produced a different summer mini series for 2014. How long can they realistically stay in the bubble?? I’ll be watching, but I’m afraid they probably ruined the show…we’ll see.

• Shel says:

PS For FOX, should have mentioned Almost Human. That show hit the ground running and never stopped. It absolutely should be renewed. I recommend it highly. Seriously, FOX, I’m not too impressed with the decisions you are making……..

• Shel says:

Another PS: I would like to see The Mentalist (CBS) come back again. I just like the show and the characters. It reminds me of my parents – it is a show they would have loved to watch.

And, finally (I hope! lol), a salute to How I Met Your Mother. Love this show, sorry to see it go, am loving this last season. I was worried when I read what they were planning to do, but they have pulled it off beautifully. Great ending – so far! lol

43. Maggie Ames says:

Why would they cancel Hart of Dixie? It’s the only clean, fun and interesting show on air right now! All of the “Reality Shows” on now are all stupid! No one watches them but for a few.

• Brandy says:

HoDs ratings aren’t very good.But it’ll most Likley be renewed for syndication.

• Mary says:

I’m with you in hoping that HoD gets renewed but I don’t know if I’d call it a “clean” show. It’s all kinds of soap opera with various people switching up partners. Sure, there’s no violence or bad words but there’s a lot of sex (off screen) on it. And unfortunately, reality shows get much higher ratings (ex. Bachelor) than scripted shows like HoD.

44. ANTOINETTE says:

well my family and i really love watching the show’s like almost human,the tomorrow people, killer women, intelligence, Chicago PD and the mentalist there all go shows and they need to leave them on they put good ones on and you really start loving it and puff there off the air, and they kept some really dumb ones . these ones i put on here are better then some of the ones that didn’t get the ax. there funny there exciting . wish they would put back the other csi;s and leverage now those were good. just my thought..

45. Digikaye says:

Big concerns:
    – Last Man Standing
    – Revolution
    – Beauty and the Beast

46. Daniel.safe.35 says:

LONG LIVE TWO AND A HALF MEN!!

47. Richard says:

What about Siberia? That was heads and tails better than Under the Dome.

48. Zafar says:

Bring back the secret circle

49. Justin says:

Tv has gotten bland, formulaic, derivitive and boring. Too much reality shows and cop/procedual shows and comedies that aren’t that funny. At least Person of interest was renewed.

50. Brandy says:

I see you upgraded Nashville to “safe bet”,thanks you!You made my day!