2014 Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Getting Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

Renewed TV Shows 2014TVLine’s annual index of immeasurable relief and crushing disappointment known as the Renewal Scorecard has arrived!

From now until late May, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW will determine which shows are good to return for another season… and which will join Lucky 7, Ironside and We Are Men over at the MIA Network.

To help you monitor what’s staying, what’s going and what’s anxiously riding the “bubble,” we once again present you with our easy-to-browse cheat sheet.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel — including, for the first time, info on back-nine pickups! — so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates. As a reminder, the eight levels in TVLine’s reliable renewal grid are as follows:

♦ Officially renewed
♦ A sure thing
♦ A safe bet
♦ Could go either way
♦ A long-shot
♦ Essentially cancelled
♦ Officially cancelled
♦ Too early to tell

And now, the Scorecard (use these links to jump to CBS, Fox, NBC and The CW).

ABC

America’s Funniest Home Videos: Officially renewed.
The Assets:
Officially cancelled
The Bachelor:
A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Back In the Game: Too early to tell. Officially Cancelled
Betrayal: A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Black Box: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Castle: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Dancing With the Stars: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Extreme Weight Loss: Season 4 debuted May 27; Already renewed for Season 5
The Goldbergs: A safe bet. Officially renewed
Grey’s Anatomy: A sure thing. Officially renewed
Killer Women: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Last Man Standing: Could go either way. Officially Renewed.
Lucky 7: Officially cancelled
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
The Middle: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Mind Games: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Mistresses: Officially renewed; Season 2 premieres Summer 2014
Mixology: Too early to tell. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Modern Family: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Motive: Season 2 finale aired Aug. 27; Already renewed in Canada; ABC airing Season 3 could go either way
Nashville: Could go either way. A safe bet. Officially renewed
The Neighbors: Could go either way. A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Once Upon a Time: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: A long-shot. Officially cancelled
Resurrection: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Revenge: Too early to tell. A safe bet. Officially renewed.
Rookie Blue: Officially renewed; Season 5 premieres Summer 2014
Scandal: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Shark Tank: A sure thing. Officially renewed.
Suburgatory: Too early to tell. Could go either way. Officially cancelled.
Super Fun Night: Too early to tell A long-shot. Officially cancelled.
Trophy Wife: Too early to tell Could go either way. Officially cancelled

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR CBS!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Cancellations, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. carol marshall says:

PLEASE DO NOT DROP HOSTAGES!!!! I LOVE THAT SHOW AND DVR WHEN IM NOT HOME!!!!

PLEASE. DON’T DROP THE CBS SHOw HOSTAGES!!!

2. Robbie Horton says:

On A.J.
    Hammers program it said 24 is returning is this true?

3. sydney says:

abc cancels all the good shows im honestly debating over even watching these shows cause they all just get cancelled ugh. the lying game was my life. and it was awesome so stop cancelling awesome shows!

• Buffy says:

I agree with you – all good shows seem to get cancelled. The CW does the same thing and it really isn’t fair to the fans who look forward to their favorite shows.

• catelyn says:

its not like they just cancel those shows for fun. Those “good” shows don’t have the ratings they need so they get canceled. It’s a business after all.

• bob says:

abc CANCELES ALL of the GREAT drama & comedy so STUPID $#*+ like the bachelor/ette can survive!

4. StoneyFF says:

This thing is almost 2 months out of date… any change you might update it soon?

• StoneyFF says:

Make that ‘any chance’…

• Mary says:

They can’t update it if there’s no news. Are they supposed to write the networks and say “Could you please tell us what shows you are considering canceling and renewing for Fall 2014? Our readers need to know in order to go on with their daily lives”.

• StoneyFF says:

They are constantly bragging about how ‘in the know’ they are… It’s been two and a half months since any update (according to the date on the web page). They’ve heard nothing since then? There are a few changes on there, and if they are making these small changes, why not change the date so folks will know? They could at least post monthly updates and if there is absolutely no update, they could tell us that. I just read a release from them that Bones will be renewed…. why isn’t this page updated with it? It’s just frustrating,,,

• WingsStef says:

They have updated several times. The date of the article is the same thing but the show links have been updated from time to time. You just have to check the site once in a while for new updates. There is usually an article on the front page when something is updated.

5. Inger says:

I can´t understand why Beauty and the Beast is a long-shot. It´s the best show I´ve ever watched. If any show deserves a renewal it is BatB!

• Christine says:

I couldn’t agree more – Beauty and The Beast is one of the best series the CW has. BatB would definitely be renewed and given a Season 3. It’s just too good and I look forward to each new episode. Excellent series.

• Brandy says:

Because its the second or third lowest rated CW show (along with Nikita& Carrie Diaries).Shows aren’t renewed or cancelled based upon viewer perception of quality or one persons opinion but based upon rating ,how much money a show is making the network-if it makes enough money to cover it’s expenses and justify renewing it.BatB has been getting under a million viewers and a 0.3 all season,those are really bad ratings.Networks cancel (almost all) thier lower/lowest rated shows.BatB fanbase didn’t follow it to its new night & time and ratings dropped from0.5-0.6 last season to 0.3 ,under a million viewers . With these lower ratings,ad revunue(how much advertisers pay a network to run an ad during a specific show based upon said shows ratings)is also less/lower than last season.It didn’t have great ratings last season either.This season,moving away from the networks best leadin,BatB crashed in the ratings.Its W18-34 ratingsCW uses to sel ads is also lower this season.Hardly anybody with a Neilson box is watching it.It dosent get good DVr numbers either.These are why it’s a long shot.Also, after Mrch 10it goes on a indefinite hiatus with no return date,episodes left to air which usually means a show is ancelled or about to be.Thats why it’s a long shot.

• Dee says:

Didn’t know you were the know-it-all of what series is kept on and which isn’t. BatB is one of the best on the CW and if they cancel it, they’re making a big mistake. Fans are watching it and it’s not fair to keep based on stupid ratings.

• catelyn says:

It’s not being a Know-it-all if she’s just stating the facts on how shows are renewed. BATB is most likely canceled. It doesn’t have the ratings to be renewed whether “its one of the best shows on the CW” or if “fans are watching”. How is this so hard for people to understand?

• Bonnie Mitchell says:

People are just angry that shows they really like and got sucked into will be gone. I am also, but I understand networks are going to do what they want no matter what a few ‘Regular people’ want. What makes me mad is that they could give us some closure. I really liked and loved many shows that got axed but for example look how they ended star crossed letting the suvik sp? Do its thing…. Did anyone survive or what. Also I loved intelligence it just left things hanging as well. I think if they gave the cancelled shows a better send off it might help. Maybe not, but at least there would be a real ending not WTF was supposed to happen next.

• Noah says:

If any show deserves a renewal, it’s Two and a Half Men

6. Stephenie says:

Oh please . Almost Human is better than Bob’s Burgers anyday.

7. Chey says:

I hink they should bring back The Secret Circle it was an amazing show!

8. AmyElizabeth says:

I hope they renew Reign and cancel TVD. I used to be a huge fan of the show, never missing an episode. Then when they turned Elena, it all went down hill for me. They are so far off from the book its not even in the same ball park and i find it disappointing.

9. Dee says:

Don’t believe it’s just in ratings – politics must have a lot to do with it too.

• catelyn says:

lol just accept it. what does politics have to do with ratings? In what universe does it make sense that a network will cancel a show that has high ratings for no reason? TVD will never get canceled as long as it remains popular. Julie Plec has no pull/say in its renewal.

10. Victoria says:

I hope the X Factor comes back.. I want to audition..

11. bob says:

I CANNOT BELIEVE that ALLLLLLLLLLLLof the STUPID REALITY SHOWS bachelore/rette $#*+ are
    officially RENEWED! “Why is Almost Human rated NOT SURE???????????!!!! I’m NOT SURE I STILL LIVE on the same EARTH I was BORN IN!!!!!

• Dee says:

It’s UNBELIEVABLE!! These reality shows are taking over the networks. Nothing as boring as watching a reality show, but we seem to be stuck with them and the rest of the shows that have story lines are either “long shots” or get cancelled. Agree with you totally.

12. bob says:

I don’t know how in #ELL! Youtube programming like the bachelor/ette duck dynasty et,al reality shows keep getting renewed!

• Mark says:

It’s easy. People are watching them. That means the networks can sell advertising space for more money. Which means the networks make more profit. Which means the high-paid CEOs are happy. They don’t give a crap what they show or whether it makes the brains of people with IQs above 100 melt in frustration.

13. bob says:

Why don’t the T.V. station just create a reality channel and let new shows with REAL ACTORS have a chance to gain an audience!????

• Dee says:

Bob, that’s what I’ve been saying for awhile now – Reality shows should have their own network so all the “reality junkies” can watch them to their heart’s content and leave the rest of the channels to bring us real shows with real actors. Can’t stand reality shows – I need a story line and a show that offers an escape for an hour or two.

• Nicole says:

There used to be one — Fox Reality. But I guess no one was watching it because its not around anymore…

14. bob says:

FOX BETTER KEEP ALMOST HUMAN on the AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. what the hell is wrong with these stations why have new shows if they gonna say could go either way

16. alyssia says:

I love law and order svu, greys anatomy, the originals, and the vampire diaries I could seriously watch them all day if I didn’t have anything else to do!

17. Betrayal is the best new TV drama I’ve seen in such a long time. It had a bad night/time spot. It went up against already popular shows. Look at it’s website,Betrayal, Betrayal writer website, many,many,MANY tweets begging network to give it another yr. at least & move it’s night’s/time spot PLEASE! I’M BEGGING! Thank You So Very Much. Blessings.

18. I don’t see HISTORY channel or VIKINGS anywhere here. Are they coming back and if so, when.
    MamaLyn

19. Bianca says:

I find it hard to believe that H50 is still only getting a “could go either way”.
    It has great ratings especially for a show airing in the death slot, and it’s been sold and successfully airs in many foreign countries so it brings in a lot of money.

20. I don’t care about anything else – but please keep THE MENTALIST!!!
    Love the show. It has always been brilliant and I like the new start after Red John – Want to see where the writers will go with it. I hate the fact that it struggles with numbers just because it’s airing on Sunday nights and always delayed!

21. Lily says:

I’m still ticked that TNT cancelled King and Maxwell. That was a really good show. And as for Dads…I like it. I think it’s funny. Better than any other comedy on television at this point. All the new comedies are really bad. I’m bored with Modern Family and never liked Suburbagatory…or whatever the name of it is.

• Carolina says:

I agree with you on King and Maxwell. That is the very reason that I don’t usually start watching shows until they have a good three seasons under their belt. I just started watching Castle back in October on TNT. I didn’t start watching Grey’s until season five. I hate investing my time into a show that is going to be cancelled after only one season.

22. Cay says:

Person of Interest was the 5th highest rated show of the fall – how is that not a sure thing for renewal?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

No, PERSON OF INTEREST is the #5 (scripted) show in TOTAL VIEWERS. In the demo, it’s #26.

• LYN ASARO says:

Hi, I hit the wrong button. I don’t want to get an email anytime someone makes a comment. I just like getting TV LINE in one hunk. Thank you, MamaLyn

23. daveyk01 says:

Just realized…. I don’t watch a single show on ABC.

24. Desarae Henwood says:

So I am watching True Blood, The Walking Dead, Revenge, Defiance, Once Upon a Time, Under The Dome, Person Of Interest, Criminal Minds, The Original’s, Supernatural, The Carrie Diaries. Would be extremely upset.

25. Melinda D says:

Dracula was something I watched on the fly. I actually can’t wait for the next episodes. It’s an interesting take on the original story and brings new life to the characters of the original book. I’m really enjoying it. It’s disappointing to see it on the “long shot” list. Seems all the ones I get into don’t make it to season 2.

26. Adrienne Sheridan says:

Do you have a Winter TV Grid 2014 like you had for Fall TV Grid 2013?
    I made a copy of the Fall Grid and found it to be a good resource to refer
    to. Thanks.

27. Carol says:

The only one I care about is Nashville, The only show I watch

28. Gladys says:

I just want Bones to be renewed. :)

29. Lisa says:

Not a lot of sure things on this list! Maybe this will give the networks a wake up call that not everyone is a young male or a trashy twit who wants to watch reality TV every night! The networks should embrace more original programming and give shows more time (with less hiatus) to build an audience! They should also stop being so greedy and embrace some niche shows if they attract the right audience for advertisers.

Shows like SMASH, Body of Proof, Pan Am, Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip were all great and should be revisited! BOP had been revamped and was better than ever but ABC cancelled it out of greed. Season One of SMASH was good but the new showrunner for season two was a nightmare with no originality, no Broadway experience and no regard for the audience who doomed the show. The cast and premise of SMASH was excellent! Pan Am did very well in Europe and needed more continuity and more promotion with the baby boomers in the States but it did okay and could have done better. Pan Am deserved a season two! Studio Sixty was smart, seriously smart and incredibly well written; it wasn’t ever going to pull huge sitcom numbers but it was going to appeal to a smart, affluent, educated audience that would attract top tier advertisers. Studio Sixty deserved a season two, the right timeslot and less greed from the networks.

Sorry networks but viewers are not all the same! Stop treating us as if we are!

30. I think Mom, The Good Wife, Castle, Bones, Revenge, American Horror Story (already renewed for a 4th season), CSI, Criminal Minds should be renewed!
    I like Hostages, It was canceled, but I can’t imagine a second season like that… they’d have to change history and characters… now that I think ’bout it… It’d be like AHS!
    I can’t picture myself without TGW! Beause of it i decided to become a lawyer, mostly because of Alicia, but it inspired me!

31. chris says:

i think the cw is going to renew the vampier diaries the tomwro people hart of dixie the orignals the vampier diaries beauty and the beast and eaith star crossed or the 100

• Brandy says:

The Vampire Diaries & The Originals are certaian to be renewd as there hits,HoD will most Likley get renewed for a fourth & final season for syndication.Too early to tell about SC,100.TTP is middling in ratings but it and BatB are more Likley to be cancelled than renewed.BatB is almost certain to be cancelled.

32. Ismail says:

Wats wrong with Beauty and The Beast its an amzing show

• Dee says:

Ismail – I agree with you about #BatB. People on this board who don’t like #BatB and supposedly don’t really watch it because they don’t like it, seem to have an awful lot to say about it and think they’re so sure it’s going to be cancelled. They keep slamming #BatB when it’s the best series on the CW. If they don’t have anything good to say, then they shouldn’t say anything.

33. Gary Sartori says:

Love the Crazy Ones and hope it survives for a second season. One thing that would put it over the top with me is hiring Pam Dawber to play Sydney’s mom. She would be perfect for the role and a reunion with Robin Williams would pull in more viewers, which any TV show could use. C’mon CBS, let’s do this!!

34. Nancy says:

WHY is CBS SO STUPID??? It is putting INTELLIGENCE on Monday night at 10 p.m. which is opposite BLACKLIST and CASTLE. It doesn’t stand a chance. At least give it a chance!!! Why bother even making it if you’re putting it in that time slot?? :(

35. Nancy says:

I hope NBC will save SEAN SAVES THE WORLD. I ADORE SEAN HAYES. He makes me laugh. And I like the girl that plays his BFF.

36. emmy says:

I think they should keep nashville and once apon a time in wonderland. Wonderland is so different then the movie. I like how they mix in different fairy tales.

Nashville and wonderland are the only shows I enjoy watching after they got rid of desperate housewofes and oth.

Plus abc family keeps getting rid of the other shows I enjoy to watch. . So there is not many good shows on any more

37. Maggie Ames says:

I feel like Nashville has been floundering for a while last season. I’d like to see Scarlett and Gunnar sing together more often. I’d also like to see them together. Have no idea where Rayna and Deacon stand. Loved their singing together. They need to tie up these lose ends before the show ends. They talk about the great love affair between Rayna and Deacon, but I’ve not seen it recently.

38. Ali says:

Loving Revolution, please don’t let it be cancelled! :-(

39. TV Addict says:

I’m sad to see that 2 shows I really enjoy, The Carrie Diaries and Once upon a time in wonderland, are “a long-shot”. I started watching these new shows with little to no expectations just to see how they were and I think they are great. Particularly The Carrie diaries, I think the acting is great and the voice-overs and writing too. I love a show with a good voice-over. I really hope it somehow gets another season. OUATIW I could live without, I guess I’m not as emotionally invested in these characters and their stories…
    I’m also routing for Parenthood Community and Nashville.

40. jon percepto says:

If they cancel Beauty And The Beast, I hope they have the good sense to use the remaining episodes to close the story line rather than leave it up in the air.

41. Susan says:

I thought I would like Dracula but I couldn’t stand his American accent. for some reason I couldn’t listen to it so I never watched it after the fist episode.

42. Brandy says:

I noticed Reign was upgraded to safe bet-yay!-but when was it updated?

43. IdahoFallsGirl says:

I hope The Mentalist gets canceled!
    Don’t get me wrong here, guys, I used to love The Mentalist. But where is all the good stuff gone that was one incorporated in it?
    After a weak, poor and simply implausible ending to the Red John story it all went downward. The new characters are boring. Jane, Lisbon and Cho still make a good appearance but not within the FBI.
    The old Sacramento CBI unit is clearly missed – a lot! The Mentalist is not The Mentalist anymore, not the one it used to be: I blame it on the new setting, the new characters, basically on everything new after Red John.
    Either bring the old Mentalist back – or cancel it! It would be better.

44. Maryann says:

Am i the only person who has trouble remembering which is supposed to be better, “a sure thing” or “a safe bet” ? These two levels of certainty seem equivalent to me, and every time I refer back to the chart I have to look to see which one is supposed to be higher.

• Noah says:

A sure thing is a better chance, that’s why I think Two and a Half Men should be “A Sure Thing” instead of “A Safe Bet”

45. Lydia says:

So glad to see Almost Human as a safe bet! Discovered it over the holidays, and now am totally addicted!

• Pop Vulture says:

Me too! Though it worries me that other sites have it as a long shot. Wonder what Ausiello’s reasoning is, but I sure hope he’s right!!

46. Ally Oop says:

As long as they don’t kill off Angie or Barbie I’ll keep watching. All other characters are expendable IMO.

The writing for the show is so bad though. If it was on in the regular season I wouldn’t watch it.

47. dj says:

Blue Bloods wins its time slot every Friday night. Why could it go either way?

• Sarahliz1624 says:

Blue Bloods is a sure thing. 10+ million viewers winning most watched show every Friday night? These guys seem to think CBS is going to drop one of it’s most popular scripted dramas, and maybe it will, but Blue Bloods isn’t going to be it.

48. dragons3 says:

Only CBS would even entertain the possibility of cancelling a show (Blue Bloods) that is consistently in the top 10, and on a difficult night, too.

• acairfearann says:

I know, one of the few good shows out there that hasn’t gone off into totally implausible drama. Looks like they are trying to kill it too, what with the constant interruptions to the schedule. :(

49. Jon says:

It’s interesting to see Revolution on a “could go either way”. Kripke left Supernatural, he took Ben Edlund with him and his new show is not doing better than Supernatural…if Revolution gets cancelled, I would picture Kripke returning to Supernatural at some point…

50. Jon says:

Supernatural Season 10!!!! Come on!