Exclusive

The Good Wife Exclusive: My Boys' Jordana Spiro Cast as Sexy Detective

Jordana-Spiro-The-Good-WifeIs someone on The Good Wife about to get handcuffed?

The CBS legal drama has cast Jordana Spiro (My Boys, The Mob Doctor) in the potentially recurring role of Jenna, a tough, funny and smart police detective who’s not opposed to mixing business with pleasure. Spiro’s character, who’s described as “comfortable in her own skin (in fact, comfortable in a lot of people’s skin)” — sometimes crosses professional boundaries to gather information, but other times she’s merely in pursuit of a good time.

RELATED | Good Wife Post Mortem: EPs Talk ‘Unbound’ Will, Kalinda’s Loyalties and Alicia’s Breakdown

Spiro will make her Good Wife debut on Sunday, Dec. 1 (9/8c) — which coincidentally marks the show’s 100th episode.

RELATED | The Good Wife Recap: ‘Time to Play Hardball’

Excited to see what Spiro can do in the world of Lockhart-Gardner, er, Florrick-Agos? With whom do you think her character will bump heads (or other body parts)? Sound off below!

1. Lily says:

This one is for Will or Cary…

2. Saabgirlatx says:

With Kalinda or Will???

3. Lucy says:

“With whom do you think her character will bump heads (or other body parts)?”

I don’t know, but what about the character who had zero love life (on screen) in the last 2 years?

4. Tia says:

I think she’s for Will.

5. KenBud says:

Sounds a little too “Kalinda” for Kalinda’s own good. LOL

6. Isn’t this the exact description they gave for the woman who was supposed to play Kalinda’s love interest, then they cut her out of the episode (for time)?

7. nikki says:

Precisely. She is Kalinda’s hottie!

8. MDS says:

Love her! I was so bummed when her Fox show flopped. I’m guessing Kalinda, Cary maybe? About time they give him a love interest!

9. Tav says:

She’s cute, hope she’s there for Kalinda, though (as others mentioned) they do sound an awful lot alike.

@G. Joseph Gonsalves, that other love interest (Holly) was originally described as “a whip-smart Assistant State’s Attorney who shares a past with Kalinda.” And iirc, it was later added that she’s more out/open about her sexuality/orientation and would try to get Kalinda to loosen up a bit. Also she’s allegedly still going to be introduced but I’m not holding my breath.

10. C says:

Oh there is no question this is for Kalinda. And I’m having unhappy flashbacks to Dana Lodge. And Imani Stonehouse. And the non-existent Holly. Where’s Kelli Giddish when you need her? Here’s hoping that Jordana Spiro doesn’t book another gig immediately after she films her episode, they actually follow through on whatever story they want to tell here and that there is some sort of angle to it beyond ‘Kalinda likes to sex up the ladies’. We get it, Kings. She’s flexible. And private. Now give her more depth. Because Archie can totally bring it.

• PS says:

I don’t think depth is what they are going for with this character. She is supposed to be funny, sexy and likes to have a good time.

11. Zach says:

When is Jordana Spiro going to realize she isn’t good at drama? I liked her a lot in My Boys, and I also enjoyed her guest appearance on the tragically short lived Kitchen Confidential as a sleazy critic. But The Mob Doctor… wow. Not impressive at all.

12. npc says:

She’s for Kalinda. She sounds ok. But I still want Lana back with Kalinda at some point. They had an onscreen history and I really would like to see it play out. They were in the middle of telling the Kalinda/Lana “story” and it got cut off by Nick. I hope they’ll get back to it.

13. Lisa says:

I hope she’s a better detective than she was a doctor.

14. Babygate says:

Is she supposed to be the new love interest for Kalinda? Because we have been told that was coming since last season and Kalinda is still sitting in a corner being underutilized and under-exposed.

15. Joey says:

Glad she’s gonna be back on TV. She’s a great actress.

16. barbara says:

i think she will have will,kalinda,and cary. theres a saying things run in threes