The Good Wife Exclusive: My Boys' Jordana Spiro Cast as Sexy Detective

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Jordana-Spiro-The-Good-WifeIs someone on The Good Wife about to get handcuffed?

The CBS legal drama has cast Jordana Spiro (My Boys, The Mob Doctor) in the potentially recurring role of Jenna, a tough, funny and smart police detective who’s not opposed to mixing business with pleasure. Spiro’s character, who’s described as “comfortable in her own skin (in fact, comfortable in a lot of people’s skin)” — sometimes crosses professional boundaries to gather information, but other times she’s merely in pursuit of a good time.

RELATED | Good Wife Post Mortem: EPs Talk ‘Unbound’ Will, Kalinda’s Loyalties and Alicia’s Breakdown

Spiro will make her Good Wife debut on Sunday, Dec. 1 (9/8c) — which coincidentally marks the show’s 100th episode.

RELATED | The Good Wife Recap: ‘Time to Play Hardball’

Excited to see what Spiro can do in the world of Lockhart-Gardner, er, Florrick-Agos? With whom do you think her character will bump heads (or other body parts)? Sound off below!

Comments (21)

• This one is for Will or Cary…

Comment by Lily – October 29, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Kalinda or Will???

Comment by Saabgirlatx – October 29, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “With whom do you think her character will bump heads (or other body parts)?”

I don’t know, but what about the character who had zero love life (on screen) in the last 2 years?

Comment by Lucy – October 29, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she’s for Will.

Comment by Tia – October 29, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds a little too “Kalinda” for Kalinda’s own good. LOL

Comment by KenBud – October 29, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this the exact description they gave for the woman who was supposed to play Kalinda’s love interest, then they cut her out of the episode (for time)?

Comment by G Joseph Gonsalves – October 29, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Precisely. She is Kalinda’s hottie!

Comment by nikki – October 29, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think so……too.

Comment by Dee – October 29, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her! I was so bummed when her Fox show flopped. I’m guessing Kalinda, Cary maybe? About time they give him a love interest!

Comment by MDS – October 29, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s cute, hope she’s there for Kalinda, though (as others mentioned) they do sound an awful lot alike.

@G. Joseph Gonsalves, that other love interest (Holly) was originally described as “a whip-smart Assistant State’s Attorney who shares a past with Kalinda.” And iirc, it was later added that she’s more out/open about her sexuality/orientation and would try to get Kalinda to loosen up a bit. Also she’s allegedly still going to be introduced but I’m not holding my breath.

Comment by Tav – October 29, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh there is no question this is for Kalinda. And I’m having unhappy flashbacks to Dana Lodge. And Imani Stonehouse. And the non-existent Holly. Where’s Kelli Giddish when you need her? Here’s hoping that Jordana Spiro doesn’t book another gig immediately after she films her episode, they actually follow through on whatever story they want to tell here and that there is some sort of angle to it beyond ‘Kalinda likes to sex up the ladies’. We get it, Kings. She’s flexible. And private. Now give her more depth. Because Archie can totally bring it.

Comment by C – October 29, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think depth is what they are going for with this character. She is supposed to be funny, sexy and likes to have a good time.

Comment by PS – October 29, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Jordana Spiro going to realize she isn’t good at drama? I liked her a lot in My Boys, and I also enjoyed her guest appearance on the tragically short lived Kitchen Confidential as a sleazy critic. But The Mob Doctor… wow. Not impressive at all.

Comment by Zach – October 29, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s for Kalinda. She sounds ok. But I still want Lana back with Kalinda at some point. They had an onscreen history and I really would like to see it play out. They were in the middle of telling the Kalinda/Lana “story” and it got cut off by Nick. I hope they’ll get back to it.

Comment by npc – October 29, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she’s a better detective than she was a doctor.

Comment by Lisa – October 29, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! Tru dat!

Comment by Babygate – October 29, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she supposed to be the new love interest for Kalinda? Because we have been told that was coming since last season and Kalinda is still sitting in a corner being underutilized and under-exposed.

Comment by Babygate – October 29, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad she’s gonna be back on TV. She’s a great actress.

Comment by Joey – October 29, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think she will have will,kalinda,and cary. theres a saying things run in threes

Comment by barbara – October 29, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post