TVLine Items: Almost Human Adds Larroquette, Homeland's High, Entourage Update and More!

JohnLarroquetteAlmost Human is adding John Larroquette to its ranks.

The Emmy-winning actor (Night Court, Boston Legal) will recur on the new Fox drama (bowing via a two-night event on November 17 and 18), Fox announced Tuesday.

VIDEO | Almost Human Preview — Karl Urban on the Future

Larroquette joins Almost Human — a series set 35 years in the future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved, human-like androids — as Nigel, a sympathetic, highly intelligent and slightly broken roboticist.

Press PLAY below to watch the first seven minutes of the drama, which stars Karl Urban and Michael Ealy.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• It’s a done deal: Vinny Chase & Co. are big-screen-bound. Entourage creator Doug Ellin confirmed Monday that a film version of the HBO comedy is officially on its way. “It’s a go,” the EP tweeted. “love you all.”

• Showtime’s Homeland this Sunday drew 2 million total viewers to its 9 o’clock telecast, hitting a high for the season-to-date — against World Series, NFL football and broadcast TV competition. For the night, the spy drama amassed 2.73 million viewers, aka its second-largest night ever, trailing only the Season 2 finale.

• The Office vet Craig Robinson will guest-star in an upcoming episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, EW.com reports. He’ll play a criminal who winds up being integral to a case that Jake’s been working for years.

RELATED | Performer of the Week: Broadchurch‘s Olivia Colman

• Fox’s remake of BBC America’s Broadchurch has been retitled, per Production Weekly. Gracepoint, starring David Tennant, begins production in late January.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. David4 says:

Has Homeland gotten any better this season? The first episode was so horribly boring I haven’t bothered with the others yet.

2. ben says:

I really hope Almost Human does well, I’m seriously looking forward to it and John Larroquette only makes things better.

3. DarkDefender says:

By these numbers, it seems that Damien Lewis is the draw and not Clare Danes. I think there’s gonna be a huge drop off when they kill him off (if everyone’s guess of the blind item is correct).

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

If I’m not mistaken Damian Lewis wasn’t in the episode at all.

• DarkDefender says:

They just showed him for the first time in last weeks episode.. Seems more people would tune in thinking they were getting more of what was going on with him as opposed to Clare Danes’ story.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I wondered about him and the blind item, but there is one thing making me think it can’t be him that they’re referring to. From what I have heard Damian Lewis is in 5 episodes this season and so far we’ve only seen him in one. The blind item said we wouldn’t have to wait too much longer to see this onscreen death. So at this point even if they burned through his four remaining episodes all right in a row starting next Sunday, we’re still five weeks away from a possible death, which is awhile away. And it will probably be more than five weeks,because I doubt they would do all his episodes in a row. That’s not to say he won’t die, he may still kick the bucket. But I don’t think the blind item would refer to him unless Ausiello and I have way different ideas of what it means to not have to wait much longer.

4. nate says:

I’m going to a screening of Almost Human today… I’ll let u know how it is from my stand point…

5. Tran 2.0 says:

Can’t wait to tune in for Almost Human two night premiere event debuting on November 17th and 18th. The sci-fi cop series does have potential to be a breakout hit for Fox and I don’t want to see Almost Human getting cancled when the season is over.

6. JJ says:

I’m excited for the Entourage movie! (said no one ever).

7. DavidSask says:

Homeland even after the “twist” was still not a good episode!

8. bobbie says: