Exclusive CSI First Look: Watch Vampire Diaries Grad Matt Davis' Feather-Ruffling First Scene

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

Matt Davis‘ new CSI character is not looking to make friends on the job.

The Vampire Diaries vet debuts as Day Shift CSI Sean Yeager this Wednesday (10/9c, CBS), and to say he starts off on the wrong foot with Elisabeth Harnois’ Brody is a bit of an understatement.

RELATED | Life Unexpected Star Cops Creepy CSI Role

Press PLAY blow and watch Yeager and Brody’s tense first encounter, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Would you like to see Davis’ recurring gig turn permanent?

Loading video...

Tags: , ,

Comments (24)

• He’s a good actor, for sure, and of course written to be a jerk. But, as long as he develops and is written well to become someone who has chemistry – in being a good or bad guy with the team – I think he could fit long term.

Comment by Jeff – October 29, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d watch Matt Davis read the phonebook. Though I would rather see him back on Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Dean's girl – October 29, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate seeing a favorite actor playing a jerk, but I’m glad he is working.

Comment by Maryann – October 29, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every time I see him now, I just crack up because he’s Warner from Legally Blonde. When I watched LB again for the first time after I started TVD, the moment of recognition was so hilarious.

Comment by Kayla – October 29, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, I’m just never going to get over Ric leaving TVD. The show isn’t the same without him, unfortunately…

Comment by Chelisa – October 29, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Matt Davis but I don’t watch CSI. Selfishly I just want him back on Vampire Diaries full time. Or part time. Or at all. So honestly? No, I hope it doesn’t become a full tIme gig :).

Comment by murley – October 29, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Matt Davis long term on CSI. You know with a start like that they will wind up in each other’s arms. It’s fate Or I can only hope it’s fate. Love him

Comment by Pat – October 29, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if I want Davis’ gig to become permanent. I do know that I wish George Eads comes back to CSI. He is the best part of the show. If George doesn’t come back to CSI, I may stop watching!

Comment by David O'Bryant – October 29, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • George started filming again recently.TVL reported it last week.

Comment by ChicagoDan – October 29, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is someone who is supposedly on the upside of his career doing on a tv show in it’s 14th season and on it’s downside? He’s nuts for risking his career!

Comment by Sue – October 29, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It may be on its 14th season but its rating are better than some new tv series. It’s picking up since Ted Danson is on the show. So I don’t think it’s a dumb move.

Comment by Ijjunne – October 30, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A recurring character? YES! A series regular? YES YES!!

Comment by GeeMa – October 29, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the Vampire Diaries guy, meh! I don’t really watch this show, so whatever.

Comment by hunk watcher – October 29, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two of my favorites things mashed into one! Matt plus CSI is going to be seriously awesome. And I hope it’s a long term deal for him. He deserves it! :)

Comment by Ashley – October 29, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Matt. But CSI, not so much.

Comment by Jess – October 29, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not impressed. He can go now.

Comment by BringBackNick – October 29, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He can stay as long as there is not romantic feelings between the two….. Morgan belongs with Greg plan and simple :)

Comment by Kayla – October 29, 2013 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, let him Stay! CSI Needs some new fresh Male meat… ;-) and I would watch him in anything, but I still love CSI 14 years later, through the good times and the bad..so If he stays, then yay!

Comment by Vanny – October 30, 2013 03:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, I think it’s great that Matt plays a jerk, and I think it certainly is not always desirable to play the lovable for an actor. Of course we all loved him as Alaric at Tvd, but guys, you should not limit an actor, just a skill. He is a talented actor and I think he is growing with each new role, that’s what an actor should do. I do not think it would make him happy to play a Alaric to the end of his days. He will be great in his role as Sean Yeager, and I am looking forward to see him on CSI, it will surely not be the last role, the he plays in his Career. But for now, I’d love to see him constantly at CSI. :)

Comment by S.Keller – October 30, 2013 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good episode agree morgan belongs with greg!!!! i think ted danson doing great job with csi but can see there will be tension with his wife luved her as roz on frasier. everytime i see ted danson i think of becker he did that character with perfection and yay to nick coming back!!!!!!

Comment by barbara – October 31, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad that we get to see Matt Davis again! Miss him on TVD but I will survive… Just glad he has another job, he deserves it! I hope he stays with CSI for a more permanent role.

Comment by Cynthia Martinez – November 13, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to see him again. Loved him in TVD, please let him stay he is awesome. I just told a few friends he is on CSI and they are going to watch. So he would pull in more viewers too :)

Comment by Michelle – November 20, 2013 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to see him again miss him on TVD and yes would be good to see him be a permanent character on CSI Vegas :)

Comment by Jayne Weaver (@jayneweaver38) – April 15, 2014 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post