Exclusive

Exclusive CSI First Look: Watch Vampire Diaries Grad Matt Davis' Feather-Ruffling First Scene

Matt Davis‘ new CSI character is not looking to make friends on the job.

The Vampire Diaries vet debuts as Day Shift CSI Sean Yeager this Wednesday (10/9c, CBS), and to say he starts off on the wrong foot with Elisabeth Harnois’ Brody is a bit of an understatement.

RELATED | Life Unexpected Star Cops Creepy CSI Role

Press PLAY blow and watch Yeager and Brody’s tense first encounter, and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Would you like to see Davis’ recurring gig turn permanent?

Loading video...

1. Jeff says:

He’s a good actor, for sure, and of course written to be a jerk. But, as long as he develops and is written well to become someone who has chemistry – in being a good or bad guy with the team – I think he could fit long term.

2. Dean's girl says:

I’d watch Matt Davis read the phonebook. Though I would rather see him back on Vampire Diaries.

3. Maryann says:

I hate seeing a favorite actor playing a jerk, but I’m glad he is working.

4. Kayla says:

Every time I see him now, I just crack up because he’s Warner from Legally Blonde. When I watched LB again for the first time after I started TVD, the moment of recognition was so hilarious.

5. Chelisa says:

I’m sorry, I’m just never going to get over Ric leaving TVD. The show isn’t the same without him, unfortunately…

6. murley says:

I love Matt Davis but I don’t watch CSI. Selfishly I just want him back on Vampire Diaries full time. Or part time. Or at all. So honestly? No, I hope it doesn’t become a full tIme gig :).

7. Pat says:

I would love to see Matt Davis long term on CSI. You know with a start like that they will wind up in each other’s arms. It’s fate Or I can only hope it’s fate. Love him

8. I don’t know if I want Davis’ gig to become permanent. I do know that I wish George Eads comes back to CSI. He is the best part of the show. If George doesn’t come back to CSI, I may stop watching!

9. Sue says:

What is someone who is supposedly on the upside of his career doing on a tv show in it’s 14th season and on it’s downside? He’s nuts for risking his career!

• Ijjunne says:

It may be on its 14th season but its rating are better than some new tv series. It’s picking up since Ted Danson is on the show. So I don’t think it’s a dumb move.

10. GeeMa says:

A recurring character? YES! A series regular? YES YES!!

11. hunk watcher says:

It’s the Vampire Diaries guy, meh! I don’t really watch this show, so whatever.

12. Ashley says:

Two of my favorites things mashed into one! Matt plus CSI is going to be seriously awesome. And I hope it’s a long term deal for him. He deserves it! :)

13. Jess says:

Love Matt. But CSI, not so much.

14. BringBackNick says:

Not impressed. He can go now.

15. Kayla says:

He can stay as long as there is not romantic feelings between the two….. Morgan belongs with Greg plan and simple :)

16. Vanny says:

Yes, let him Stay! CSI Needs some new fresh Male meat… ;-) and I would watch him in anything, but I still love CSI 14 years later, through the good times and the bad..so If he stays, then yay!

17. S.Keller says:

So, I think it’s great that Matt plays a jerk, and I think it certainly is not always desirable to play the lovable for an actor. Of course we all loved him as Alaric at Tvd, but guys, you should not limit an actor, just a skill. He is a talented actor and I think he is growing with each new role, that’s what an actor should do. I do not think it would make him happy to play a Alaric to the end of his days. He will be great in his role as Sean Yeager, and I am looking forward to see him on CSI, it will surely not be the last role, the he plays in his Career. But for now, I’d love to see him constantly at CSI. :)

18. barbara says:

good episode agree morgan belongs with greg!!!! i think ted danson doing great job with csi but can see there will be tension with his wife luved her as roz on frasier. everytime i see ted danson i think of becker he did that character with perfection and yay to nick coming back!!!!!!

19. Glad that we get to see Matt Davis again! Miss him on TVD but I will survive… Just glad he has another job, he deserves it! I hope he stays with CSI for a more permanent role.

20. Michelle says:

Nice to see him again. Loved him in TVD, please let him stay he is awesome. I just told a few friends he is on CSI and they are going to watch. So he would pull in more viewers too :)

21. Great to see him again miss him on TVD and yes would be good to see him be a permanent character on CSI Vegas :)