Cinemax Renews (and Cancels) Strike Back

Strike Back cancelledCinemax will Strike Back one last time.

On Monday, the cabler renewed the action-drama for a fourth and final season of 10 episodes.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Strike Back wrapped its third season on Oct. 18. Season 4 will bow in Summer 2014.

1. Romano says:

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy please don’t cancel this series I love strike back this is my number one favorite series:’(

2. tv lover says:

Strike back is really a great show, but it is not an original idea. The show is kind of a cross between 24 and homeland together. They even brought back 24 for a final season to be aired in March.

3. William Ake says:

I would like to be one to lodge a complaint about the cancellation of the series, one of the best on TV

4. Brian McCarthy says:

Just finished watching season 4!!!!What a fantastic show. I’ve loved every minute of all 4 seasons. Pure adrenalin rush viewing There has to be more to come surely? One of the best shows ever.

5. Edgar Torres says:

Why, Why, Why, Strikeback has been one thrill after another. A great show to watch. Just like Spartacus. They give you excitement and they they shower you with disappointment. Shame that Cinemax producers don’t know a good thing when it’s right in front of them. Can’t wait till season four. Hail and Farewell Horn dog.

6. Ray says:

This is my favorite show by far. If Showtime cancels this show, I will cancel Showtime. I’m so tired of getting into these shows just to have them cancelled for no obvious reason.

7. Dobbo says:

More more more ! Strike Back there’s at least one more series after this so called last one!
    Then it’s time to call it a day!

8. Paul says:

What we need is a STRIKEBACK / 24 joint project. I think where Jack Bauer is in his storyline and where StrikeBack will be after season #4, a joint project involving BAUER and the boys from SECTION 20 could be a fantastic show with an amazing storyline.

9. klepp0906 says:

what is with tv stations these days? They are aware people have lives and can’t always make live air times right? That hardly means a show isn’t popular. If we are being honest, I haven’t religiously watched a show on air in atleast 5 years. I dvr everything and watch it on the weekend.

It’s a shame I see SO many good shows cancelled. More often than not actually. Garbage stays on tv which is ironic of course.

10. john says:

Bollocks,,,hope some other company picks up the right to film…HBO ( yes I know they own Cinemax)…Showtime…Starz…anyone… one freaking awesome show

11. mary says:

hate to see the show go I love this show one of my favorites those guys are so cute no wonder they been killing the regular people off wonder how it will end

12. Robert says:

Strike back should have many more seasons, if “Friends” can last an unusually painful long period of time this show can definitely last a lifetime.

13. Mark says:

When is SB3 coming out on dvd? Worst cancelation of a series since The Unit. And Strike Back is ten times better. Anyone agree?

• Brian McCarthy says:

I definitely agree. Strike Back is must see TV. One of the most exciting edge of the seat programmes ever and should not be cancelled. It’s addictive stuff

14. Drew L. says:

Just learned Strike Back has only one final season. Good by Cinemax from my channel line-up. Strike Back was the only reason I kept Cinemax when I changed my channel line up last year. Best show on any cable network.

15. Mary-Anne says:

Just when watching television got good, they take the good away :(

16. michael ransom says:

Want more seasons of strike back don’t cancel the great show

17. Linda Bailey says:

Strike Back is awesome….please reconsider canceling the show..I love it n the story lines n actors…you’re crazy to let it go!!!!!!

18. Tony says:

I’m disappointed that Strike Back will be over after season 4. The writing, cinematography, production sites, precise tactical realism, and direction have been superb. Why a quality production of this scale, scope and pedigree can’t continue to cash in on a growing market share is beyond comprehension. As absurd as it sounds to say this about a cable series; I can’t remember the last time I heard more disappointing news.

19. rachelle says:

Why is strikeback getting cancelled? Who decides? Is there a way 2 vote or have a “say”? There are 2 many series that r being canceled….I LOVE STRIKEBACK!!!