Ratings: Once and Mentalist Rise, Revenge Dips, Good Wife and Betrayal Steady Vs. World Series

STUART TOWNSEND, HANNAH WAREWith Fox’s World Series coverage and NBC’s Sunday Night Football commanding at least 16 million total viewers apiece this Sunday, ABC’s Once Upon a Time

(7 mil/2.2) rose a tenth while bubble drama Betrayal (3.4 mil/1.0) managed to hold steady, per finalsRevenge (5.6 mil/1.5) however ticked down a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Once Upon a Time and Revenge

Over on CBS, The Amazing Race (8.1 mil/1.8) slipped one tenth, but that outstanding installment of The Good Wife (9.4 mil/1.4) matched its week-ago numbers and The Mentalist (8.8 mil/1/3) rose 13 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | Post Mortem: Good Wife EPs on ‘Unbound’ Will, Kalinda’s Loyalties and Alicia’s Breakdown

RELATED | The Mentalist EP Says New Clue ‘Is a Big Deal’ — But How Will Jane Possibly Use It?

In the demo, SNF scored a 6.3 (down sharply week-to-week) and the World Series did a 4.6 (on par with last year’s Game 4).

1. Dav says:

I expected The Good Wife’s ratings to rise with the big episode last night. I’m glad it didn’t fall but it should have been higher with all the promotion it received.

• Doug H says:

They have this thing called On Demand , online, and DVR that can be used to watch outstanding dramas… More important to watch sports live and World Series was again good.. I suspect nationwide ratings will push baseball higher..

2. rtwegrew says:

well done Betrayal hope its renewed

• Candice says:

it won’t get renewed with a 1.0 but it might last this season without cancellation.

• Aliya Yacoob says:

What a shame. Betrayal might be cancelled after first season. Really enjoying this show and sure there’s a lot more room for creativity, etc. to continue. Great actors and great show. Come on now let’s keep it going. Regards

• Danielle H. says:

It’s just not that good in any regard, but for some reason I like it and find myself wanting to watch it. I just wish it was steamier.

3. April says:

I’m guessing CBS had some football overrun so those numbers will probably drop. :-(

• Ames says:

there was no football overrun last night. The shows all started on time…at least on the east coast for me

• Jax says:

Actually, there was overrun in many East Coast markets including New York, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Louisville, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia. Seeing as NY is the #1 market I am fairly certain there will be a drop.

• Anne says:

In Dallas Fort Worth, CBS started 40 minutes late.

• Bobbi says:

Not for NY, they didn’t. They were all 8 minutes late out of NY and some other towns. Per this tweet: “The Good Wife ‏@TheGoodWife_CBS20h
        Do to live football,new start time for #thegoodwife 9:08, ONLY inNYC,Cincy,Columbus,Dayton,Kentucky, Albany”

• Doug H says:

The Jets game ran over by a few minutes which affected the NYC market. The Raiders-Steelers ran much longer over for some reason. Most everywhere else, it was an early CBS game only so schedule was ontime.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Betrayal actually stepped it up last night and next week should be great given how it ended. It took to long but the story is finally coming together.

5. cjeffery7 says:

you know why Sunday Night Football was down sharply week-to-week? because it included the Vikings… who ssuuuuuccckkkk… and i’m from MN so i say that with the utmost humility and disdain and embarrassment.

• Saw a bit of that game. Got a little exciting when the game got tied, but it fell apart in the final quarter. You guys hate that QB. They cut to a guy wearing a purple jersey with a paper bag on his head.

• GingerSnap says:

Yea. That game lacked the drama of Peyton’s return to Indianapolis last week. I have something called NFL Mobile (Or as the Manning brothers say: Football on your phone) for keeping track of games that only hold a mild interest for me. I checked in a couple of times during that game and let it be. OUAT was way more interesting.

6. Boiler says:

Guessing MLB happy to have more viewers than NFL even with NFL demo better. Would guess WS skews both older and younger than the dreaded demo

7. Pati says:

I only watched the last few minutes of Betrayal last night and it was good. going to watch the whole thing tonight.I think it’s pretty good. people should give it a chance I too hope it’s renewed.

8. Elyse says:

Revenge last night was awesome :)

9. Al Z says:

Bet walking dead ruled the roost,rating should be out later.

10. Fernando says:

ABC needs to move Revenge and fast, give it Thursday at 7/8pm if it needs to or Tuesdays at 9/10 but move it.

11. JJ says:

Ouch at Good Wife. All of that hype and it’s likely to adjust to a week-to-week drop.

12. On Betrayal: Okay, if there was an evil husband/wife who schemes, lies, cheats, and deceives his/her partner, I could stick with Betrayal. However, this is a story of two people who could not care less for their families and seem quite unwilling to make any unselfish gesture to do the right thing. I’m losing interest in this show. A better name for this show would be, “Sex and Lust.”

• Christian says:

Hence the title: Betrayal. What are you not getting?

• jules kiwita says:

yes—the cheaters do not even know each other—all they have is SEX—and they lie and cheat so they can have sex—-this is sooooo wrong for our young people to watch and relate to it as real life—
      THE MESSAGE BETRAYAL IS SENDING—–INSTANT GRATIFICATION IS ALL THAT MATTERS —–VOWS,MORALS,MARRIAGE,FAMILY,RESPECT,LOVE THIS THINGS ARE NOT IMPORTANT ——JUST DO AS YOU PLEASE

13. shuayb says:

What is wrong with you America? Revenge is getting so bloody good! Good grief man just watch already! I want at least 5 seasons of this show!

• Elyse says:

agreed!!

• GingerSnap says:

Nothing is wrong with America. Revenge is up against Sunday Night Football, The World Series, and The Good Wife. You need at least 2 TV tuners/DVRs to record the Good Wife and Revenge. Or you do like I do and save up 10 episodes and watch all at once. It’s never been a show that I watch every week, but I do watch it marathon sessions. Which is what Hulu is for.

14. dee says:

Give betrayal another season this show is real real life drama great writer better then revenge keep it going finally a great show with good actors please renew

15. SK says:

Yey for Once!

16. b.a.d says:

Please don’t cancel the show….I love watching Betrayal & I hope it gets picked up for another season!