Exclusive

Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: Might a 'Good Murder' Improve Rick's Bad Mood?

This Monday on Castle (ABC, 10/9c), Rick’s in the midst of verbally crucifying Alexis’ choice of live-in boyfriend when he and Kate come across a crucifixion-style murder — and we’ve got a first look at the grisly discovery.

PHOTOS | Can Castle Solve the Mystery of Pi?

In this clip from the episode “Get a Clue,” Rick is in the midst of ranting about Pi, the “ambition-free hippie”-slash-“New Age crusader”-slash-career manchild (watch for Kate’s awesome eyeroll), when they arrive upon the crime scene, where a woman was found dead with stigmata-like wounds. Add in some strange symbols in the victim’s apartment and a suspicious monk, and Castle becomes convinced they’ve stumbled upon a Da Vinci Code-style conspiracy.

RELATED | Castle‘s Nathan Fillion Proposes a Beach Wedding for Rick and Kate

Speaking of Alexis: We’ve also included below some photos from the Nov. 4 episode, “Like Father, Like Daughter,” in which Castle’s daughter enlists his help on an Innocence Review case, to prove that a death row inmate is innocent. Justified‘s Joelle Carter guest-stars as the inmate’s longtime girlfriend.

Loading video...

1. Really says:

I’m so done with Alexis. Can the show move on from her arc?

• Luciana says:

This! Six seasons seeing that annoying girl was more than enough for me.

• Maria says:

Agreed. Can’t she just be a college kid and go study somewhere?

• scooby says:

She’s a series regular and an integral part of Castle’s small sphere of family life so no, she ain’t goin’ nowhere. I know it may come as a shock to some people, but not all college kids fail to call home and only see their parents at Christmas break. They had her go to Columbia and here she is, still in the stories. She’s not really in them that much. It’s a light load and people who don’t like Alexis can get over it. I swear, if it’s anything other than Rick/Kate making out or them working a case, people put it down. This show has great supporting actors and plenty of us want to see them. Whenever a story brings something up for one of them, people complain. You want them to gloss over an integral part of the fatherhood experience for Castle which will ultimately help for when he and Kate make Little Castle Babies? Nah, we won’t be around for those to reach college age so let’s see that stuff now. Besides, it’s character development for Rick and we get to see that while you’d expect Kate to be the more uptight parent, she actually seems to be more aware of when to give space.

• Nicky says:

This really isn’t about “putting down something” that’s not about Rick/Kate making out. This is about having to endure watching Castle tolerate such rude, annoying, and unacceptable behavior from his child. It’s unpleasant to live through as a parent and unpleasant to watch. It may be some people’s reality, but not for everybody. Forget everybody. It’s not MY reality and I shouldn’t have to just ‘get over it.’ I have never been a huge fan of Alexis to begin with, but like you said. She’s a part of Castle’s small sphere of family life so I accepted the growing pains they both went through in the past 5 seasons. But Season 6 Alexis is quickly becoming a deal breaker. I think I understand what they’re trying to do with her growing up and finding her own place in the world. But this has just been painful and irritating to watch.

• Rich Abey says:

“Six seasons seeing that annoying girl”? Alexis? Yes she is bloody damn annoying & rude this season but prior to this she was quite sweet & made for some of the best Castle moments other than the obvious Caskett moments.

2. Badpenny says:

I assume since the show no longer has the emotional angst from “will they/won’t they get together” they’ve decided they need to bring in angst from other sources. Thus Pi is the new angst point. :)

• Just one thing says:

I think you’re right. Plus it turns the spotlight on other people. I’d like to see a story focus on Martha, Ryan/Jenny or Lanie, though. Espo or Gates, too.

• Jon says:

I agree with you both.

I would much rather a Martha episode or a Lanie episode. The fact that Pi is sucking up screen time that could be used for characters we love irks me greatly.

• DarkDefender says:

Although you have to chuckle.. (And drink a shot) every time Castle says “Pi”.. In that voice.

• Just one thing says:

I love when he says it in that voice. :-P Serious & Beleaugered Castle is one of my favorite versions of Castle.

• DarkDefender says:

NF has raised it to a new level.. How he says “Pi”.. Makes me laugh EVERY time. :D

• Mary says:

Yeah, everytime I hear Castle saying “Pi” and make that face he does when he says it, I always have a good laugh!:)

• Rich Abey says:

Indeed. ‘Pie’ or ‘Pi’ will never be the same again. Hope my mom doesn’t send me any of her pies anytime soon!

• Diane says:

Agreed with everybody upthread.

• scooby says:

Pi barely says a handful of words besides “Mr. C.” Not a whole lot of time is taken up with his annoyingness. He gets on my nerves too, but that seems to be on purpose. Alexis would be having that growing up storyline with someone. You want it to be with yet another supporting character we’re made to see as permanent? Someone who mistreats her? Pi’s a temporary boyfriend and a moocher, but he’s a benign moocher. He’s not hurting Alexis. She can get this out of her system, realize what he is, and move on from it.

• R says:

Actually I think you are right & honestly I’m willing to tolerate this over angsty Caskett.

• Rich Abey says:

Exactly! Though AM has already promised us more Ryan/Jenny moments later in the season, we seriously need more of Lanie, Espo & Gates. I feel that they have given sufficient attention to Martha’s life what with Chet, her life coaching classes & now the acting studio. Just some long running arcs in their lives..a few mins every other episode at least? They certainly deserve it..mostly Lanie (though AM promised us that we will have a Lanie centric episode..she deserves more than just 1).
        But first..OFF WITH PI! Frankly I’m surprised Rick’s head hasn’t exploded already..lucky he has Kate by his side.

3. Jon says:

So done with Pi and Alexis I actually just found myself grinding my teeth at the mere mention. I wish Pi were gone, and unless they bring back the Alexis we love, I hate to say but she can go with him.

Why are they persisting with a story line that a huge proportion of the fandom detest?

However either 6×07 has a huge plot hole or they aren’t in NY, NJ or Connecticut. None of those states employ the Death Penalty.

• Just one thing says:

They’re so far ahead in production, there’s no way for them to find out the audience doesn’t like something until it’s too late
      Now, if Pi is still around in February, we can assume they’re ignoring fans and staying the course in their own way. But I’m pretty sure they’ve already written and/or produced episodes that are set to air in December, maybe even early January. It may be a while before we see Pi’s exit, or it could be like the DC plot, where they always knew it would be a short-term story.

• Really says:

They’re shooting episode 10 right now and it’s scheduled to air before the Christmas hiatus

• Jon says:

I agree that they are further ahead in production so there is an obvious lag between what they write and fandom reaction. But they are filming episode 10 now (as per Andrew the cameraman) which we assume will air before the winter hiatus. Which I would guess means they were writing episode 10 just after the show aired. Which means from (approx) 11 onward they are more than aware of reaction. So if Pi is still around in February, I think they are running a huge risk of a ratings drop that will be significantly more than just the usual holiday step down.

• Mary says:

Maybe I´m wrong, but I don´t think Pi being there will drop the ratings…actually, I think people may watch just to complaint about it after:) I know I´ll watch every episode, with or without Pi, because for me the show is so much more than Pi…and I want to see how they deal with him!:)

• Just one thing says:

Oh, and holy CRAP on your death penalty note. I sincerely hope they used our friend Google for this episode, because jeez.
      Otherwise, we can assume the show is a complete AU from reality, making it possible for Beckett to become a senator in 20 years. (After being elected NYC mayor first, of course…)

• Jon says:

Right? I read the synopsis and thought about it, but never said anything, assuming they’d make it clearer as we got closer to the episode.

But not so much with that.

Either they are in NYC and didn’t bother to fact check. Or they are in a nearby state with the Death Penalty and they work around the lack of jurisdiction for Beckett in the episode. (For the record, I hope it’s the latter, because a plot hole that large is mock worthy).

• DarkDefender says:

NY May not be a Capital punishment state, but the U.S. and the Military have it. I am guessing it is a federal case, with the accused housed in a federal penitentiary in NY or NJ (both states where they have investigated in the past). Not really that much of a stretch.. Also Alexis gets the case through the Innocence Project.. They are based in NY but takes cases all across the country.

• Jon says:

That makes sense. Thank you for that. As I said, I really don’t want there to be such a glaring plot hole, so if they write it that way I’ll be more than happy.

Thank you again, DarkDefender.

• DarkDefender says:

I think most of any TV show fandom wants accuracy and writing that isn’t lazy. For one.. We like to be proud of what we watch and two, gaping plot holes take you out of the story.. And we all love a good story, right? :)

• Just one thing says:

Nice clarification! Hope that’s the case.

• Mary says:

I don´t know how the episode will turn out, but I read that Alexis enlists Castle to work with her proving the man´s innocence and Beckett will be helping (to me it sounds like her help isn´t related to the precinct, but let´s see).

• JimMoore says:

I love the Castle show, but like most people I can’t stand Alexis any more. I watch lots of Castle reruns, but (hate to admit it) I turned off the show in the middle last night when it appeared to be only a Rick and Alexis show, couldn’t take that much of her !

4. Mike says:

Castle needs to stop listening to all those who say if he “pushes she will push back advice”. Season one Castle would have had PI out on the street in 5 minutes! Bring that Castle back, sit Alexis down with Kate in untied front, and give her the advice she needs hear. Free loaders and hard works lead to disasters! This idea that Castle is like PI s just stupid by the way, Castle worked and went to school earned his cash so he could be free, heck he works two jobs now only one pays the bills!

• LL624 says:

Season one Alexis was only 14 so of course Castle wouldn’t have allowed a live-in boyfriend. But if season one Alexis brought home some kid who had nowhere else to go (as Pi seems to be w/his lost passport), season one Castle still would have let him stay. Castle has never been a stern, disciplinary parent. He encouraged her to break the rules. He didn’t even bat an eye when she came home hungover! He hasn’t really been the kind of father to put his foot down about things and that’s what he needed to do the very first time he saw Pi in his home.

• DarkDefender says:

Castle is not the disciplinarian .. Very true. But the point of all this is that Alexis and him.. They were a team. Through all the bimbos, book launches and absent Meredith. He is losing his side kick, (while Kate gains hers). This is his mini me who was a more together and focused person than he was at her age.. He was in awe of his daughter and her level headedness. The last line in “Time Will Tell” (the episode title works on a few levels) was Castle saying “too soon” as Alexis walked out the door… <– Says it all.
        ~~
        We have all been begging for Castle character development, especially those in the "we know all about Kate for 4 seasons" camp.. THEY are giving us his character development. Yes, Pi is annoying, but he has less than 10 lines an episode. AND we all know he isn't permanent. Sit back, relax, drink a shot every time the kid says a line or Castle says "Pi".. And just enjoy the show.

5. Lucy says:

Wait, they’re now attempting to redeem the mooching idiot by making him a new age crusader? Not only that but making him also like Castle?

Nope. Nope. Nope.

My patience is wearing so thin with this plot.

To draw a parallel to Castle, who went to school, wrote a novel while he was there, looked after his mom and was an amazing single father for the majority of her life, is an insult to the Castle character and the fans.

I hate to say it, but DVR and fast forwarding may not be enough for me if they don’t get rid of Pi and possibly Alexis too. I’m so close to being done with the show completely.

You can call me a bad fan if you like. But I’m of the opinion if something annoys to so much it’s painful to watch, you just stop watching.

6. R says:

I really hope that the writers have the good sense to end this debacle of a storyline soon. No one is enjoying it, at least the majority. People are already tired of Alexis and this just makes the viewers dislike her more. I hope it ends soon.

7. Jon says:

Just looking at the comments so far and I think it says more clearly than anything, that an article containing a new (and very cool) sneak peek for the episode is totally bogged down in comments about Pi and Alexis.

When the mention of those characters so negatively over rides excited reaction to a sneak, you know you have a problem as a writing staff.

I do hope Ms Miller and Mr Marlowe see this and do something about it.

8. Jenna says:

I’ve hated Alexis since s3 but this is too much. She’s so smug and I don’t know if it’s just me but every time she shares a scene with Kate, it looks like she can’t stand her.

• Rich Abey says:

Spot on regarding her smugness. The way she said “let me?” in response to Rick questioning her decision to move out..like she was his ex-wife, not like her daughter. Does she think that 1 yr of college & a trip to Peru makes her what…Master Yoda? Obi-Wan Kenobi? Honestly even Gina (the most vicious of Rick’s ex-wives) treats him with more respect that current-Alexis. Despite Kate’s advice of “let her do her thing”, did Kate treat Jim that way Alexis is treating Castle now? No. So all I want is for Andrew Marlowe to close out this very unpleasant chapter as soon as possible.

• DarkDefender says:

Nah.. Not Yoda or Kenobi… She is more like Jayne to his Mal.

• Nicky says:

A year of college and a trip that her father paid for. She’s not the master of anything. This is the girl who had to resort to sneaking into her father’s home and stealing food because she “invested” all of her own money and couldn’t afford to eat. Is it any wonder Castle doubting her readiness to be out in the world despite her grand old age of 19?

9. tp says:

Fillion looks like he’s losing weight. I like him either way but he’s looking good. As far as Pi is concerned…just…ugh.

10. gaby6034 says:

What a bad weekend! I don’t know which is worse, Terri’s rude tweet, the “extra” scene from “Always”, the rumor about season 7 or to know that Pi is still on the show.

• Lauren says:

Hey, Gaby: Can you share what the rumor about season 7 is? I haven’t heard/seen it, though I’ve searched on Google after reading your post. I’ve probably just missed it, but would appreciate some clarification. Also: What’s the extra scene from Always that you’re referencing? Thanks!

• Cap says:

It’s a follow up to the last scene. Always ended with them heading to the bedroom. That deleted scene is the bedroom scene (something fans were and still are dying to see). Apparently MilMar showed it at a Panel….some 100 people or something and they were asked to NOT leak it online. It was just for them and noone else.

I’ll just go with the flow. Hopefully that phase with Alexis and Pi will be over by episode 10. If they ruin that one for me, I’ll change my mind. I don’t care for Alexis. I was ok with her and her storyline up until she wanted to go after Ashley. After that I didn’t care for her scenes and paid no attention.

I’d like to see more of Martha though. Can we exchange Alexis time with hers ?

• Luli says:

What was Terri’s rude tweet?? and what rumours??

• LL624 says:

After fans found out about the extended Always scene in the bedroom, Terri tweeted that it was a one time thing, used as a teaching tool. She told fans not to beg to see it and to “respect the process” (what about respecting the fans, Terri?). Then she deleted it. And the rumor came from a comment Andrew made that they already have an “organic ending” in mind for next year. Some chose to take that to mean an ending for the show, not just the season.

• Just one thing says:

I saw people asking about S6 being the last season on Twitter, and I really wish people would take a step back and just think before freaking out… When someone says “next year” in that context, pretend like you’re talking about a school year or fiscal year. Assuming that was really said at all, “next year” obviously means next SEASON, not May 2014.

• Mary says:

I, for one, took it was referred to S7, so the “organic ending” didn´t surprise me, as I´m already expecting S7 to be the last – at the moment I just expect to get a S7!:)
            About the extended scene, it also didn´t surprise me; back then, from the things I read, I was sure there were more “stuff” filmed:). But I honestly think it was a mistake to show it even in a Panel, because even if no one would leak it online, it was obvious there would be some talk about it – and the way a lot of fans wanted to see more in the episode, knowing it was filmed and decided not showing, of course there would be some reaction! (and maybe that was the idea):)

• Francine says:

All interesting stuff. I don’t do Twitter so I’m always out of the loooong these th

• Francine says:

Well…. Let me try that again. I really wish you could edit these. I was trying to say that I’m always out of the loop on these things since I don’t do Twitter. Sorry for the messed up post.

• Just one thing says:

I’m with you, Mary. I believe

• Just one thing says:

@Mary, I agree that S7 is probably the last, and I’m very much at peace with that. And yes, with all due respect to them, the deleted scene at that panel was likely a mistake. (And I can’t imagine how it played into a screenwriter developing his or her craft… A producer or director, sure.)

• Dory says:

Terri sounds like a real dictator. What does she pay us. 2nd time I heard of her arrogance.

11. DarkDefender says:

I love this sneak peak.. I’m excited for the episode.. I don’t mind the minor storylines.. I am now finding them humorous.. Give me some solid, weekly, Caskett time and it’s all good. Nice having the gang back together solving crimes..
    ~~~
    AND this week, we get Lanie instead of Pearlmutter. <— bonus.

12. K says:

Alexis is the most hated character on the show right now. What happened to the Alexis we all knew and loved from season 1? I’m happy that castle is staying true to character and talking to Beckett about his problems with Alexis

13. Teri Shannon says:

I like Alexis and she is integral to all things Castle. Easy up on the criticism. She is a teenager and she will come to her senses soon enough.

• Mary says:

ITA. I don´t get all the criticism; she´s making mistakes, but they are hers to make and learn from. And she´s not different from a lot of other teenagers.

14. Apples says:

While I’m not enamoured of Pi, I’m quite enjoying this Alexis arc and how flummoxed Castle is. How about that dry line from Beckett about charming man-children…she’s essentially mocking herself for falling for him. Loved it.
    Not happy about this Always deleted scene not being shown to fans. Any chance you could work your magic Matt and get us TVLine users an exclusive?

• Just one thing says:

After the way things went down yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised if they locked that footage in a vault somewhere so that it never saw the light of day again. O-o

• Apples says:

I still think it is pretty unfair that a select group of fans got to see it. That is not to condone all the twitter abuse and such, that was disgusting behaviour.
        But if you’re going release footage like that, then damn you have to expect a backlash if you’re not gonna share it with the whole fandom…

• nicademus11 says:

That’s the thing, they didn’t release it to fans. It’s not like they showed it at Paley. They used it as a tool for a discussion around writing/creating television. I think the behavior displayed by a faction of the fan base for the show was vile, overblown and uncalled for. We are attached to the show as fans for sure, however, it’s not ‘our’ show, it’s ‘their’ show to do with as they see fit. They made a creative decision when they cut the episode because of the type of storytelling they wanted to do. At the end of the day it’s their story to create and tell. We as viewers choose to watch or opt out. I am amazed with the amount of behind the scenes access given these days for TV shows in general. The team at Castle are especially generous with that behind the curtain peeks and with some parts of the fandom it is never enough. I will never cease to be amazed at the number of people who can not separate ‘access’ from ‘entitlement’. And I say all of that as someone who would LOVE to see the ‘rough cut’ of that scene. But it’s not mine to demand, nor is it their obligation to share.

• Apples says:

While I don’t disagree with your broader point (and I certainly don’t think they’re under an obligation to share it), I certainly think there were more than a few Castle fans in that audience. I know had I lived in Austin, I would’ve ponied up to go despite having no intention of writing a screenplay.
            My argument is simply that having shared it with a cross-section of the public (dress it up all you like, that was a public event), it seems rather backwards to not share it with people who couldn’t be there for geographic or other reasons.
            This does not make me entitled to see the scene or oblige them to show it to me. People need to separate the argument from the attitude.

• Kim says:

I find it hard to believe that Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller have sole control over that scene. Yes, they absolutely had a say about that scene when Always was edited. But ABC owns the show. They have control over what goes on the DVD sets. For whatever reason, be it Andrew and Terri asking them not to release it or not, ABC decided not to show it to the public. I would think Andrew and Terri would have had to ask permission to show the scene at the writers panel thing since it hadn’t been previously released. ABC apparently thought it was ok to use for teaching purposes. And yeah, that wasn’t a smart move because someone is always going to leak info to the greater public. Maybe ABC thought it was a private event. Like previously stated, it wasn’t Paleyfest or another fan forum. I didn’t know about it. Which doesn’t say much since I’m not trying to be a writer. I’m just wondering how many fans knew about it. It was a writing panel. It was educational. Some of the attendees happened to be fans as well as professionals in the business. These things happen. But I don’t think it was shown out of spite. Would I like to see the rough edit? Absolutely. Do fans have the right to feel slighted? Of course. Was Terri’s tweet kind of terse? Yes, but I wonder how many awful, hate-filled tweets she received that drove her to be terse. Could she have handled it better? Sure. There’s nothing wrong with being passionate about a TV show. There’s just a point where it becomes too much. Without Andrew and Terri there would be no show. These two people, as well as the other writers/producers/directors/actors, work very hard to produce a quality show. I think the least people can do is not blame them and send them vicious tweets when no one knows why this scene has been squirreled away until now. Andrew and Terri don’t deserve to be on the chopping block if ABC is responsible. If it was Andrew and Terri’s call, there are better ways to express your displeasure than by being mean and obnoxious on Twitter. And not every fan is acting that way. I’m not saying all fans are alike. I just know that my parents never rewarded me for throwing a tantrum, so I can’t see how being mean about this is going to solve anything. Live tweeting episodes, answering fan questions, those are things these people do for fun. What happens when fans go too far? Everyone else suffers. I don’t know what will happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they personally scale back the access they give to the fans.

• Just one thing says:

I honestly don’t think ABC would have put up much of a fight *AGAINST* a steamy scene on Castle, either during the live broadcast or as a feature on the DVD. That’s the network that’s had steamy Greys antics at different timeslots on different nights of the week for about a decade, and Private Practice/Scandal with some of the most envelope-pushing moments on broadcast television.
            I’ve never thought ABC was the reason for Castle’s self-censorship. And judging by the reaction of fans — of all ages, nations, genders and persuasions — yesterday, it does not surprise me that the show chooses to hold back.
            Doesn’t make it “right.” Certainly doesn’t make it fun. But I can understand the awkward place they’re in on a couple of fronts when it comes to making Castle sexier.

• Kim says:

JOT, I do think it’s possible that Andrew and Terri play a role in the “missing scene” (Can that be an episode title? I want a writer’s credit for that!). But I also think ABC has to agree to keep it hidden. For whatever reason, it seems like they have. And with ABC owning the rights to the show and the DVD content, they must have a reason for agreeing to not put it out there if Andrew and Terri requested they not. And ABC hasn’t exactly promoted Castle as much as its other shows over the years. But, yeah. Maybe Andrew and Terri are trying for a certain tone for the show and ABC agrees. I’m just tossing out there that ABC can do what they want to a point. If they didn’t agree with Andrew and Terri about not releasing the scene, they could have just gone ahead and done it anyway. Unless there’s some legal aspect I’m unaware of, which is more that possible since I’m not a lawyer. Or maybe ABC doesn’t want to piss Andrew and Terri off. Who knows? I also wonder if the reason the scene was withheld was because of the more passionate fans. Not to ruin anything about the US viewing of tonight’s episode, but a Canadian viewer tweeted Andrew and Terri three times in fifteen minutes harping about the lack of Caskett (a. I don’t want to know what it says about me that I timed and counted those tweets; and b. I kind of hate myself for caving and referring to Castle and Beckett as Caskett. Shudder.) How much more would Andrew and Terri be hounded each and every episode if they did release the scene? Some fans aren’t satisfied unless Castle and Beckett are all over each other in every scene they share. Not all fans, but some. And unfortunately, those fans are the ones who complain often via twitter. I can’t say I would blame Andrew and Terri for holding that scene back if they had angry fans to deal with every day. And I’m sure the complaining would be even worse if the scene had been somehow released to the public. It is a delicate balance to make Castle sexier and still maintain the tone that Andrew and Terri think is best. I just don’t see how name calling and threats are going to solve anything. Or make anyone with the show or studio give the fans more access. It’s a shame that a few can ruin good things for many.

• Just one thing says:

I have no idea how they thought that would be perceived. In hindsight, it just seems like a bad idea all around. However, considering it was an industry-specific event and not a fan event, I’m not surprised they thought the room would be filled with aspiring screenwriters rather than hardcore Castle fans.
          I’m sure there’s a fair bit of crossover in both categories, but I’m assuming the Castle fans who attended went there specifically for insight into the show and to meet the creators. That they got to see it was just a coincidence, not a deliberate show of favoritism.

• Dory says:

I have’nt had a lot of tv drama experience but its not the 1st time I,ve heard of writers and producers shooting themselves in the foot problem is they take everyone down with them.
            I

• Rich Abey says:

I don’t think we have a right to ‘demand’ the deleted scene like some very disgusting fans did over twitter. Andrew Marlowe & co decide what goes into a scene and not. As he did not see the scene fit to be included in the episode, its upto him to decide whether to release it or not. After all even though us fans watch the show & enable it to continue, its AM’s creation and product. Imagine if this happened in one of Shonda Rhimes’ shows? Think she is gonna cave in to fan insult and demand? She’d give us a good earful!

15. JLynn says:

Pi is nothing more than an annoyance for Castle and a (I hope) growing up lesson for Alexis. She has always been key to the story of Castle himself and I have always liked their interaction. Sometimes she has been the grown up for him. But she has always been his little girl, and always will be. She has led a very generous and protected life. Until she was kidnapped, drugged, taken to Paris, threatened with death, found out her grandfather is a spy and learned that her dad is engaged to Kate who is a role model and friend to her – but over whom Alexis has had concerns about the risks her dad has taken just to work with Kate. And how would someone feel after learning that their dad was willing to be blown up just to be with someone else (prior to being engaged) or came within a breath of dying from a chemical weapon just for being himself? Alexis has the right to find her own way. Pi is certainly not my idea of life’s roadmap but Alexis will figure it out.

16. Francine says:

I don’t have as big of a problem with the Alexis and Pi storyline as most others seem to. Yes it’s annoying and its manufactured drama, but I can sorta understand it. Many young women do stupid things like this. It’s not pleasant to watch but I get it. Castle has raised Alexis telling her how she is so much smarter than he is and I think that’s kind of blowing up in his face now. One of my favorite parts of Castle has always been his interaction with his mother and daughter and I don’t want to lose that. Its just my opinion but I enjoy too many other aspects of the show to let Pi ruin it for me. I just hope they have some kind of plan in place for where this is going.

• tp says:

I guess that’s why while I can’t stand Pi, the storyline makes a lot of sense to me. Having went through just a few months ago with my own daughter. Like Castle, I only said something once and it was to ask her to think about what she was doing and to wait a little while. It ended much as the Alexis/Pi mess will end, them broken up and his daughter back as home.

17. Pat says:

Nothing like a good murder, to get Rick in the right mood. Who knew? Kate, you must be in second place according to Rick’s radar moods.

18. Rich Abey says:

Alexis is one of the main characters, so I don’t mind having a few Alexis centric episodes. But what I don’t like is her extremely rude attitude towards Castle cause up until S5 she was the extreme opposite. Hope she comes to her senses, plus we would like a very good explanation for all her nonsense (certainly not because Castle got engaged..a relationship that Alexis fully supported right from S1).

19. Angel says:

I have enjoyed Castle up until this business with Alexis and Pi. A young girl who is suppose to be smart, and she gets her head screwed up with this guy. Oh wait. Just a normal teenager after all. But I really don’t like the rudeness of her character. Again what a normal teenager would probably do. Hopefully this does end and not go on for too much longer. But it certainly changes the whole being of Castle. And by the way doesn’t Alexis still get aupport(money) from her father? But do give the writers time to sort this out because Alexis is Castle and Castle is Alexis. Martha is trying to keep the peace and I do love her. Wish Martha had more input in the show. She keeps it real. Love her character and also haven’t seen much of Lanie. Bring back more of all the characters. I miss them!!!

20. Dana says:

Already watched the episode and it was horrible. Castle is supposed to be about Castle and Beckett, and while i do understand other characters getting some screen time here and there having 3 episodes in a row where Alexis is the main plot? 2 episodes with no C/B outside of work interaction? I’m not okay with that.
    So if we could just go back to focusing on C/B’s relationship and stop having them act like they did in season 3/4 that would be great, i mean i couldn’t even tell they were a couple and they are supposed to be engaged.
    On a side note, the whole always deleted scene situation was handled pretty badly. You either show it to everyone or you don’t show it at all. Can’t understand why decide to only show it to 100 people and then tweet thinks like “respect the process”.

• Mary says:

I watched the episode already too and couldn´t disagree more! The episode isn´t horrible at all, I loved the week case! And, at least for me, Castle isn´t “supposed to be” about Castle and Beckett. It´s essence is supposed to be about Castle and Beckett SOLVING murders! Their relationship outside work is a bonus, but I don´t need to see it every week.

21. Rick says:

Good episode except for PI and Alexis. Beckett and Castle were good together and for those who wanted more, Kate was working and back to behaving like a trained professional. Castle for the first time in a while was allowed to demonstrate his intelligence in solving the clues. I liked when Kate proposed a crazy theory and Castle taken back said you are supposed to follow the evidence and I come up with the crazy theories.
    Alexis has become extremely rude and shows her father no respect. Castle has provided her with a very good life and all the luxuries and no responsibilities. He is now supporting her bad choice and when she gets bored with PI she can return home secure in the knowledge that Dad will pay for her abortion or rehab. The show writers are familiar with this type of kid they show up every day in the LA papers under the headline “Daughter of famous whatever ODs at 22”. I just love what someone on the blog called the modern way of parenting.