Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Coven, The Middle, Blacklist, NCIS: LA and More

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

Television: You reference it more than a proud papa quotes his adorable toddler — or at least you come pretty darn close!

RELATED | Is HIMYM Hurting Barney/Robin? Was Revenge‘s Restraint Unreal? Is Arrow Blind? And More Qs!

That’s why TVLine offers you its regular Sunday feature, Quotes of the Week, packed with the best one-liners from the small screen over the last seven days.

RELATED | Who Is TVLine’s Performer of the Week?

This time around, we’ve got a messy bon mot from American Horror Story: Coven, a magazine fantasy from Modern Family, some homoerotic subtext from The Mindy Project and much more. So click through the gallery below for our latest batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add any zingers we’ve inevitably missed!

Comments (22)

• I have 2:
    “It ain’t all burritos and strippers, my friend.” – Dean to Castiel on #Supernatural
    and
    “Alive. Again. Why can’t anyone be dead today?” – Sherlock to Watson on #Elementary

Comment by Charstin Z – October 27, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Both brilliant lines!

Comment by rowan77 – October 27, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good call on the Elementary quote. This was possibly their quippiest episode yet.

Comment by wordsmith – October 27, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loved that Line from Elementary!

Can I say that for a proceedural I love that the characters are so loopy

Comment by Sasha – October 28, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear there are times poi is funnier than any comedy. I would include damon remarke to jeremy about explanining his crazy can’t remember the exact quote.

Comment by ollie – October 27, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for the Person of Interest quote

Comment by TVPeong – October 27, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My fav was on Golden Girls when Burt Reynolds asked Sophia which roommate was the slut and they all raised their hand. And I also loved before that when Blanche said “My God, you’re Mister Burt Reynolds.”

Comment by Karl – October 27, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha…I love GG.

Comment by Aprilcot – October 28, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to quote a joke from SNL but there weren’t any

Comment by cuius – October 27, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard Castle lives in New York with his wife Senator Beckett and their three children…how about that for a wham-line!

Comment by Apples – October 27, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. How did that NOT make it in?

Comment by Rowan77 – October 27, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! And delivered by none other other Chuck’s own Joshua Gomez posing as a time traveler! Can it get any better?

Comment by Rich Abey – October 27, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I laughed pretty hard at the last episode of Grey’s.

Shane: What about glue?
    Cristina: What ABOUT glue?!

also Meredith saying throughout the episode: I have a mug like that!

Shonda really delivered when she said this would be a more fun season.

Comment by Stefan – October 27, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite line comes from General Hospital.

Dr. Liesel Obrecht tells Cesar Faison: “See if you touch your tongue to anything of mine again.”

This is after Faison wanted Obrecht to wear her rival Anna Devane’s rubber mask face in his bed!

Comment by Jamie – October 27, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also from gh…Morgan explains he went through Ava’s purse for a pen to which Ava replies “a pen…I never saw you write…I thought you texted all of your correspondence”. Also loved Diane walking in.on Morgan without a shirt and says “oh morgan still looking for your shirt?”

Comment by ben – October 27, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Basically anything said by Regina on Once Upon a Time or Fiona on American Horror Story

Comment by courts – October 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer, another week without a Castle gem like this sparkler: “Well apparently the only way to stop her is locking her up, but according to Miss By-The-Book here, that is unlawful imprisonment”…Castle talking to Ryan and Espo about the prospect of Alexis moving in with Pi.

Comment by c-mo – October 27, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I hope you don’t think I’m pregnant” by Webber in Grey’s is my line of the week.

Comment by Azerty – October 27, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rayna: You don’t need to be anybody’s guitar player. You might need to take a minute, figure out who you are without a guitar in your hand, but don’t you ever say you’re done with music.

Deacon: You either, okay?

….and then I cried, and not for the last time in this episode!

Nashville, “Don’t open that door”.

Comment by Shanag – October 27, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones wedding vows definitely the best one.

Gotta love Deeks, so funny.

And how did “Richard Castle lives in New York with his wife Senator Beckett and their three children” NOT make it in?

Comment by Ana Rubio – October 27, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge: Victoria to Conrad: That a nice performance are you going to tell what it was about. ( Conrad release his anger on the fake medicine)

Comment by Matt – October 27, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow quote: “There’s not a lot of value in the power of positive thinking when you’re being put on trial for mass murder.” –Moira Queen

Comment by BTM – October 27, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post