Is HIMYM Hurting Barney/Robin? Was Revenge's Restraint Unreal? Is Arrow Blind? And More Qs!

Good Wife Carrie PrestonWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including How I Met Your Mother, Sons of Anarchy, Once Upon a Time and Scandal!

1 | Could The Good Wife‘s Florrick-Agos please, please, please find a place in their new firm for Carrie Preston’s hilariously shrewd Elsbeth?

RELATED | Spoilers for NCIS, The Mentalist, Bones, Grey’s, Castle, Criminal Minds and More

2 | Once Upon a Time‘s young Bae was undoubtedly a clever lad, but really — a coconut shell lamp that projects a map? A map written in code, no less?! As for grown Bae, has he had a better moment than stripping off his pea coat and declaring, “I’m not a boy anymore, Felix — and I sure as hell ain’t lost”?

3 | In what universe would new Revenge couple Patrick and Nolan have been able to stop going at each other after one kiss? And didn’t Emily give some really excellent WTF? looks in this week’s episode?

4 | If Homeland‘s Carrie was working with Saul all along, and everything was pretty much going according to plan, then why, in scenes when it was just her, did she act genuinely surprised/agitated/frustrated vs. committed/resigned/determined? And did the revelation that young whatshisname killed his brother almost make you go back and watch the Dana scenes you had just fast-forwarded?

How I Met Your Mother5 | Is How I Met Your Mother slowly destroying everything there is to love about Robin and Barney with their crazy behavior during the wedding weekend?

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — James Van Der Beek Returns

6 | As reliably funny as CBS’ Mom has gotten over the course of the last five weeks, isn’t it time for an episode focusing on Allison Janney’s delectable Bonnie?

7 | Which former Bones guest star did you miss most at Booth and Brennan’s wedding?

8 | Coming out of this week’s Hostages — where Ellen’s husband nearly died, she learned her daughter is pregnant and she had to bury a dear colleague — how can she do anything but ultimately botch the president’s surgery? She’s a twitchy wreck! And can we talk about how lightning-fast the Sanders kids were located at a random bus depot, grabbed and returned home?

9 | How was this week’s Blacklist baddie, Robert Knepper’s “The Courier,” left to sit all alone in a prison van when the FBI had no idea what types of metallic objects were imbedded underneath his skin? Why not just give him a key for his handcuffs and shoot their own transport agents to make it all a little easier? Or do we just have to accept that pretty much everyone on the show, The Following-style, is going to be completely incompetent every week — save for James Spader’s Red?

Castle10 | Who are these people and what did they do with Castle and Beckett?! (Props to TVLine reader Just One Thing for spotting the stand-ins!) And would a rich-and-famous author’s kid really qualify for a college work study job…?

11 | Regarding New Girl‘s Michael Keaton/Schmidt gag, how was Jess able to get a hold of the email address Nick and Winston used when they were impersonating the Batman actor? And wouldn’t the episode have been that much cooler if it had actually gotten Michael Keaton to show up?

12 | When do we find out how Sons of Anarchy‘s Tara was able to fake a miscarriage? Her doctor surely would’ve realized there was no fetus during her post-“attack” examination, right? Or did Margaret help orchestrate the cover-up?

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy‘s Walton Goggins on Venus’ Comeback

13 | Did Cara’s flashback on The Tomorrow People give you Carrie vibes? And wasn’t that one majorly impressive de-aging wig?

14 | Could Castiel’s “love” interest on Supernatural have been any more obvious with her “delts” comment?

15 | Now that the pilot has made its way to the Internet, we’ve got to ask, is it too late for NBC to pick up Sarah Silverman’s quirky, but actually quite lovely, Susan 313?

Arrow Season 216 | Are we really to believe that Arrow‘s Quentin Lance is now spending all this time hanging out with the vigilante and never once IDs Oliver’s barely shrouded face…? And is anybody else kinda “done” with the island flashbacks? With so much now happening in Starling City, they’re kinda momentum-stoppers.

17 | So, Emma Swan’s loss is Anastasia Steele’s gain?

18 | Was Modern Family‘s Ronaldo basically playing Agador Spartacus to Nathan Lane’s Pepper…? And was that TV’s best use of Peri Gilpin since Frasier?

VIDEO | Revolution Season 2 Spoilers — Zeljko Ivanek Debuts as Dr. Horn

19 | Coming off Nashville, wouldn’t Scarlett’s Ex-Boyfriends American Horror Story: Covenmake a great band name?

20 | How do you think Emma Roberts’ American Horror Story: Coven character will be brought back to life?

21 | Is NBC not paying any mind to its ongoing track record with retro reboots? Ironside, The Munsters, Knight Rider, Bionic Woman, the Rockford Files pilot that never saw the light of day…?

22 | Can The Vampire Diaries finally go there with Stefan and Caroline?

VIDEO | The Originals Spoilers — Elijah Confronts Davina

Scandal23 | As TV newspaper articles go, could this Scandal obit be written any more vaguely? And has anyone found yet where to buy those ridiculously long-stemmed wine glasses? (Are these them? Or not long enough?)

24 | After that Big Bang Theory, does every girl out there want herself a Howard Wolowitz?

25 | Wasn’t Tim Gunn kind of naive on the Project Runway reunion special with his claim that the producers don’t try to create the ingredients needed to drum up drama/ratings?

1. Jim Sullivan says:

15. Better than any of the new sticoms on the air.

2. HAP says:

Absolutely regarding Allison Janney’s character. Allison has real chops, whether drama or comedy.

3. Whatever says:

7.Regarding Bones
    I missed Zack .He was a regular at one time and then became a guest star in later episodes.
    9.Regarding Blacklist
    I’m going to have to respectfully disagree that everyone on Blacklist is as incompetent as the FBI on the Following. You have to go a long way to be as inept as those clowns
    12.Regarding SOA
    Margaret was definitely in on the miscarriage plan and would help in any cover up. She was involved with a biker and knows when it’s time to hit the road.

4. Rainy says:

#22 Noooooooooo. Caroline and Stefan are one of the only good, strong, non-sexual friendships between a male and a female character on TV these days and IF THEY RUIN THAT WITH ROMANTIC COMPLICATIONS, I WILL CRY. Ahem. That got away from me a bit. What I mean is, no. Just. No. I really hope the writers leave them as best friends. Because their relationship as friends is perfect the way it is.

• Francine says:

I hear you. They have such a good friendship. Since I can’t have Stefan with Rebekkah, just bring in someone new instead.

5. Jana Wells says:

I swear that “Bernadette” is the best song ever written!!! Talk about the woman making the MAN!!!

6. WingsStef says:

Love HIMYM but have to agree that Barney and Robin are getting kinda annoying. Parts of last season too though. They were just as annoying as that annoying couple at that restaurant toward the end of last season. Have liked the stuff with Barney’s family though. I am sure more people will show up as it gets closer to the wedding. Is Ted still sleeping in that cubby hole with the birds? I would maybe take up the offer to sleep at the motel at that point. Ted and Lilly has had some good stuff, I agree. Like the Marshall stuff too and now his secret is out. They should throw in another Mother episode soon. Maybe she is at one of those motels? Maybe a near miss will happen soon?

Revenge is getting good this season. Patrick and Nolan probably stopped because of family drama, but I am sure next episode will open with some Ooh la la.

As for Once Upon a Time? I thought the coconut projector was pretty cool myself. Is that really strange where Neverland is concerned? I mean a place where the Lost boys eat invisible food? (That was not only in Hook, but the book as well).

7. Kendall says:

5. There’s never been much to love about them, but it’s like this season the show is reveling in their horribleness. If HIMYM were a more cynical show, I’d think they were trying to make the point that Barney and Robin are each so horrible that they need to be together to spare all the decent people out there like Nora and Kevin.

• N tTVf says:

I think Barney is pretty much being Barney in S9 – the big change (as noted up thread) in S9 is Robin. She’s become the female version of Barney, but that may be necessary – otherwise, the relationship can’t work, can’t survive. Someone has to change – in this couple, it’s Robin.

That said, we need to give the show some more time in S9 – what I’ve noticed is virtually no scenes at all between just Ted and Robin – those scenes will be coming, and when they do, the show will kick it up a notch. The Ted-Robin scenes have always been the best – some gut wrenching stuff that have given the series it heart at the very core. Robin still doesn’t know about the locket, doesn’t know about why Ted and Victoria broke up – there is still story left to tell. When those moments arrive, we’ll get to see ‘the old Robin’ again, and give CS some more serious scenes to play opposite JR. I’m looking forward to those, and that should help drive the storyline forward.

For now, there is a bit of slapstick going on early in S9, but that will shift once the show begins to focus more on Ted and ‘the mother… and Robin. That’s the ‘end-point’ of the series, where this is all leading.

• N tTVf says:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Robin is the last (other than Ted) of the gang to meet the mother. Robin may in fact become the catalyst that helps the mother and Ted finally meet up at the Farhampton station.

• Michelle says:

This is exactly why I will forever be Ted/Robin > Barney/Robin. Robin doesn’t feel like the Robin we used to know around Barney – she’s become the female version of him, exactly. But scenes with her and Ted together always feel like I’m watching good old HIMYM.

8. Jj says:

2. I love that Bae is smart! Best line “I did learn; that’s why I didn’t coat the tip”
    3. I cried. I love Justin Hartley. It’s not fair!!
    22. They better not. I like them as friends.

9. Kalee says:

Eww… Caroline and Stefan? Like in real life, just because two straight friends of the opposite gender interact, doesn’t mean anything sexual is coming out of it. They’ve got great chemistry… a friends’ chemistry.

• Rainy says:

Exactly this. They are great friends and that is what they should stay.

• WingsStef says:

Ha! Even though, I do not watch that show, I have to agree that not all opposite gender chemistry is “sexual/romantic” chemistry. I feel a similar way about Emily and Nolan on Revenge, but of course there are shippers for them too.

10. B says:

12: Tara faked it with the blodbag she fild earlier, and just before gemma came into the room she puts it in her pants

• Francine says:

No, they know that part. They were asking about the doctors who checked her out afterwards- how they were all involved. They would know Tara wasn’t pregnant when they examined her.

• B says:

i’m think margaret helped because she did not ask why she needed the blood bag and everything seemed very well planed and i don’t think she could have done all of this without help

11. Louise says:

#2. Didn’t he spend like 200 years in Neverland? I’m sure that gave him some time to figure things out.

#17. In fairness to Emma, he died before she got much of a chance. It’s more like Regina’s loss since she’s the one who killed him.

12. A.B. says:

#2. I have a feeling that Peter will eventually tell Neal that he didn’t figure out how to leave Neverland by himself, Peter let him leave. He couldn’t have Neal leavening before Emma was born. Neal would have been dead long before then and there would be no Henry. He had to stay in Neverland so he wouldn’t age. Peter Pan seems to know a whole bunch of other intimate things why wouldn’t he know that Neal was Henry’s dad.

13. Babybop says:

No to Stefan and Caroline! Does she really need to sleep with everybody??

14. coffeedarling says:

Re: HIMYM. I actually feel like Barney and Robin are pretty cute this season. But while Barney has grown I feel like Robin has become more closed up. We rarely get to see her be vulnerable.
    I love the scenes with Ted and Lily. I think they have a special relationship that we don’t get to see too much of. But they have had great truthful moments over the years.

I totally agree we need more mother. Like alot more mother.

15. Alichat says:

2) I was surprised Neal took off into the forest without Rumple. I mean, even if you don’t trust him, there’s safety in numbers. Plus….keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, right?
    3) I’m reeeally curious what the deal is with Nolan regarding Patrick. He has to have an plan up his sleeve.
    4) THANK YOU!! It was a great twist, but why not at least make her reactions ambiguous in those ‘alone’ moments? If having her appear committed/resigned/determined would have given it away, they could have at least made her calm….reserved….which would feed into, for the audience’s sake, the belief that she’s having a breakdown.
    7) Dr Gordon Gordon Wyatt, Jared, Russ and family, Vincent Nigel-Murray (yes, I know he’s dead, but he would have had some funny things to say about the clothes the squints wore, right?)
    9) This is what I was worried about after the pilot….that every time you turn around the FBI or police would be as dumb as the ones on The Following.
    10) I noticed it as well when watching, mostly because Fillion’s stand-in was shorter and less barrel-chested. It was honestly, the worst stand-in shot I’ve ever seen.
    13) I was quite impressed with how well they de-aged her. Perhaps the OUAT and Revenge people should take notes for when they de-age Emma and Emily.
    15) You could also ask how is it that Oliver didn’t recognize who the Black Canary really is? If her face haunts him, it should be pretty recognizable, even in a mask. But it’s a superhero show. I suspend disbelief when it comes to masks or make-up completely obscuring who the super hero is.
    23) I found it more interesting that they did a close-up of the article when it had such glaring errors. The headline says he was found dead, but the first sentence says he was found unconscious. And the two paragraphs in the right column are identical up to the first four sentences.

16. Steven says:

I’ve been saying it needs to be Florrick, Agos and Tascioni since the idea of the new firm was first floated last season. Can you imagine how Will would deal with it if his firm’s outside counsel of record went to work with the defectors?

17. Holly says:

As to the 2nd part of 10, there’s no way in heck Alexis would qualify for work-study. I barely qualified and my parents didn’t make 6 figures let alone 7 or 8 like Castle does…I snorted a bit when she said that.

18. AMayo1 says:

Where were Bones and Booth’s brothers? Siblings would be at your wedding.

19. Spencer says:

I may be alone here, but I don’t think Emma Roberts will come back to life. AHS rarely kills a character only to ressurect them (Kyle was an exception because it was clear from the first episode what his storyline would be, ie Frankenstein). One of my favorite parts of the show is its ruthlessness when it comes to character deaths so I hope Madison stays dead.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

I hope you are right, but I do have to bring up a point about the first season. Pretty much everyone in the first season that died remained on the show in one form or another. Well, one form. They were all ghosts.

20. AnandaSky says:

5. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
    19. Yes – and a great idea :)

21. AJ says:

the glasses Oliva Pope drinks from are from Crate and Barel

22. a fan says:

2. a) Even though it looked like (when we saw it earlier) Bae was only on Hook’s boat for a short time, it’s becoming pretty clear he was on the boat a LOT longer. (particularly the way hook says that bae was on his boat. There’s weight behind it both times). Hook showed him how to do the coconut thing. (the map and how to code it).
    b) I’m glad someone else mentioned that. Yeah, I’m a female and I have to say, Bae was quite steamy on that line. I’ll admit I watched it more than once. *fans self*

23. schu says:

3) Emily and Victoria’s facial expressions are the best effect on the show, you do know exactly what they are thinking
    18) TOTALLY thought this immediately! I said to myself, “Hank Azaria was busy doing what that he wasn’t approached to do this role!?”

24. Mark says:

On Arrow, I was done with the island flashbacks last season. They are the weakest part by far in an otherwise great show.

25. Britta Unfiltered says:

4. I maintain this was because she was really off her meds in an attempt to make the whole thing look real. She was feeling pretty crazy as it was because of that, and that combined with how much the whole scheme sucked and hurt to go through made her super emotional. Go back and watch the “Tell Saul I give up, it’s too hard” conversations she had with everyone. She hated Saul for making her go through with this plan. Her tears and her “Dammit, Saul” as she watched the hearing was evidence of that. She didn’t want to do what he had asked. Being put back into that mental state and back in the hospital and having her dirty laundry aired to the public was all much worse than she expected it to be. And the Dana hate is just getting sad at this point. It was funny the last couple of seasons, but I’m starting to feel really bad for Morgan Saylor that everyone online seems to hate her. She’s a good actress, and I finally find the character interesting. Please give her a chance.
    5. I haven’t felt that way.
    12. See, this is what I am wondering too. I guess it would have had to have been Margaret. The previews for next week have Gemma making accusations about Tara never being pregnant to begin with, and people online have said that too, but she had to be pregnant. Didn’t we see her in a doctor’s exam getting told she was pregnant, or am I just making that scene up in my head?
    21. [Snort]. Burn!
    24. Dear god, no. Already had one.

• Faster says:

Regarding Sons, I think we just saw Jax coming home and seeing a printout on the table saying she was pregnant. But I might be forgetting something.

26. Celia says:

With regards to Sons of Anarchy and Tara and the “miscarriage”. Did she fake it? I was under the impression that, in private with the doctors was told that the baby was fine. But then she just decided to tell Jax that she lost it!? We never saw the scene with her and the doctors..

• Faster says:

We just saw the doctors coming in to examine her, and the camera pulled away. I don’t think we’ve ever seen her talk to a doctor about being pregnant this time around.

27. tvdiva says:

1. Carrie Preston is getting ready to film the last season of True Blood. After that, maybe The Good Wife will hire her as a semi regular or regular.

7. I really missed Booth’s brother and Tempe’s brother being there. It would have been nice to see them. And I am still not over the shock how much Booth’s son has grown up.

28. barbara says:

#1 please let carrie preston be a regular on the goodwife!!!!! bones wedding great but wish zach and finn could’ve been there and not happy have to wait until nov15 for next episode. also hoping mentalist redjohn storyline finishes up this season still think something up with rigsby and vanpelt since they are leaving.

29. Chris says:

Sarah Silverman is wonderful. She needs a really great show. HBO?

30. Jon says:

I watched the episode of the Sarah Silverman pilot and I’m surprised it even got made. It was so incredibly painfully bad. Someone was wise enough to keep it off the air.

31. murley says:

15. Just watched and loved the pilot. I am a fan of Sarah’s but I agree there was something particularly lovely about it. Too bad we won’t see more.
    22. I am so torn on this. Stephan and Caroline are probably my favorite dynamic on the show (next to Damon and Alaric *sniff*) and I can’t decide if I want it to stay where it is or go to the next level. If they do go there, it should be for keeps.

32. Guest says:

a very loud HELL NO on Stefan and Caroline – TVD doesn’t need to become another Gossip Girl, wherein every character sleeps with every other character. no. no no no no no no no. just no. let Stefan and Caroline just be friends! TV writers always seem to forget that guys and girls are perfectly capable of being platonic friends.

33. we says:

I do not care for robin and barney together. It seems so amaturish and they are destrying the characters. I too thought lily was going to be meeting the mom, instead of an another robin.

34. Delena forever says:

Question 22
    I definitely think it’s time to go there because there has always been this tension and I’m not saying it has to work but they owe it to themselves(and to us) to try