Lifetime Renews Drop Dead Diva for Season 6

Drop Dead Diva Season 5 SpoilersDrop Dead Diva is getting yet another chance at life.

Lifetime has renewed the dramedy for Season 6, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Witches of East End Spoilers — Rachel Boston on Ingrid’s Power Struggle, Death

The network has ordered 13 episodes, which will air next year.

Diva — about a model who dies and is transported into the body of a plus-size lawyer — cheated death offscreen, too, earlier this year when it was cancelled and then brought back for a fifth season.

Are you happy that Jane will continue to live on?

1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a God!

2. Steven says:

Really surprised. Given the falling ratings and general lack of buzz I was expecting this to be the end. Glad I was wrong.

3. Saabgirlatx says:

Hooray!!!!!!!

4. Brandy says:

I wonder what this means for Client List & Witches of East End.I think the writting and quality haven’t been as good the last couple seasons but I’m there til the end.

• Don’t know about the Client List (honestly I didn’t much care for the last season), but it’s early days yet as far as Witches goes, and I, at least am enjoying it. It’s silly as all get out, but in a good way that makes it a lot of fun.
      As for Drop Dead Diva, I agree that there has been a drop in the writing lately but I live in hope. (Of course, I might just be an eternal optimist.)

• johnhelvete says:

Contracts on The Client List are supposedly up sometime in December. Lifetime might just be waiting for the contracts to lapse instead of officially cancelling the show while the lead is pregnant. The rumor is that JLH and Lifetime are in disagreement about the creative direction of the show.

• Wow says:

Didn’t JLH threaten to quit if her IRL BF/Fiance wasn’t also her love interest on the show? She’s really, really unprofessional and I hope it does get canceled for her behavior. What a joke.

• the girl says:

I could take or leave Client List, it’s not that special to me. But I am really enjoying Witches of East End. I hope that gets renewed.

5. ronda says:

I’m happy about this. I wasn’t sure at the end of last season, but was glad when it came back and I think it’s been better this year. I will look forward to it next year as well!

6. Sara says:

This season wasn’t that good, hope they bring back the magic for the next one

• Cassandra says:

They need to stop this whole Owen and Stacy relationship, it’s really making me dislike them.

• liz says:

agreed. And I LOVE both Stacey and Owen…..just not together. Ik.

• sammiiee says:

they do need to stop owen and stacy relationship , but other then that i LOVe this show :)

• MarieC says:

I also agree. their connection was improbable and ridiculous. Stop that storyline and get back to business. Love this lighthearted humorous show. The writing has been going downhill and I hope they get back to basics. Resolve Jane’s love life and move on.

7. Jan says:

I love this show! So happy about the renewal!

8. Ram510 says:

A little surprised, but great for the show and it’s fans. It’s a solid performer for lifetime

• says:

I agreed! Happy there will be a new season! Can’t wait for it! This last one was good and with some good surprises, but sometimes a bit heavy. The previous ones were a bit more easy going. I think a balance should be good, I will have added more funnier episodes in the last. But thanks for your job! It is a cool series!

9. Bobbi says:

Wooooooo hoooooooooo! I was sure it was going to end this season. This is great news!

10. Pepper says:

Yay for Diva, nay for Stacy. I hope they kill her off for being a disgusting creature.

And Owen… I was so in love with him back when he was a judge.

11. Sarah says:

This season has been TERRIBLE….hope they realize that and have a story arc in play for next year.

12. M says:

Glad to see that there is a second life even in the show that was originally cancelled.

13. Babygate says:

I love this show. Fan since season 1. Just love to watch Jane do her lawyer thing. This show is so undervalued. It doesn’t get a lot of promotion, press or attention and it still manages to bring in the viewers. I like it without Parker but kind of miss the other lady lawyer who’s always giving Jane a hard time. I know she was pregnant in real life but I was hoping she would be back by now. I miss Fred as the guardian Angel. He and Stacey were so cute together. But for a little while now Stacey has been getting on my nerves. Getting Owen’s sperm was just wrong. Period. Of all the men in the world she wants to give birth to Owen’s baby while still living with Jane. That’s messed up. But worst is this new romance between them. I don’t get how Jane keeps allowing this to happen. And keeps taking Stacey back. That’s the part I absolutely hate. So I just focus on the legal cases which are always fun.

• Len says:

Right….. Because two people that didn’t work out, should dictate who can work together as a couple.

Jane should be happy that her best friend is finally happy and getting something she wants. Love/baby. It shouldn’t matter WHO that’s with.

People are so shallow and it’s all about me me me. They were mine first you can’t have them! Don’t touch my Ex! Please, give me a break.

• Beth says:

To anyone that doesn’t think Stacey and Owen are wrong. There is a best friend code! You don’t mess with it!

• Len says:

Ow give me a break. Best friend code is just some made up rule that people use to justify their me me me attitude.

There is no science involved in it. It’s simply a human want.

People that stand in the way with “codes” over what nature wants to put together, is the real problem.

If ts really your best friend, then your morals should dictate you want the best for them. If that’s an ex, then so be it.

• Boo Berry says:

If best friends should want the best for each other than Stacy should have taken her best friend’s feelings into consideration too. She knew it pained Jane to see her both have Owen be her sperm donor and then start dating him, yet she did it anyway.
            Stacy has to be one of the most disloyal best friends on TV, she didn’t care about anything other than her own feelings and wants. It also didn’t make any sense, why use a man for your sperm donor that has serious heart issues at such a young age? There were plenty of men she could have chosen to be her child’s bio dad but she chose her best friend’s ex-fiance, one that Jane was trying to rekindle her relationship with just earlier this season.
            Stacy’s a horrible friend and her relationship with Owen has really put a damper on the season for me as I loved the Stacy/Jane friendship but I just can’t find it genuine anymore.

• Tina says:

Beth-my friends and I had that code-so in agreement with you… I really didn’t like Stacey getting involved w/Owen! It’d be different if Owen was just a guy Jane dated couple times, but ex-fiance? not! Especially because it was also way too soon after their break-up!

• Steffers says:

Totally agree! I LOVE this new story arc with Stacey and Owen together. He is really sweet but I have always routed for Jane and Grayson to end up together. There is that sweet sense of soul mates to it that are the heart of what love stories are made of. Yes, Jane is hurt that Stacey and Owen are together but the Jane character is a little bit of a diva me queen and things are often about her. You think she would know that (seeing that she kissed Grayson on her wedding day to Owen), while Owen is a great guy, he is not THE guy for her and I approve of the show for showing that friendship means forgiveness, understanding and realizes this in the later episodes in season 5. Stacey is sweet but she has backbone too which I like and I think that her and Owen balance each other out very well. It is not like they committed a betrayal behind anyone’s back. Jane and Owen were over as soon as she kissed Grayson… Let’s all be realistic, they never even started. As to the GF code, an ex is an ex and not something you have ownership over after you have decided that it isn’t the ‘right fit’ for you. If there is the possibility of your best friend experiencing true love, wouldn’t you want them to have that chance; wouldn’t you want them to be happy? A TRUE friend would.

14. Jacqi says:

SOOOO EXCITED!!!! Now they better still get Grayson and Jane together (I think that is where they are going) this season and let them explore their relationship next season.
    Love the Client List too, but I don’t have much hope for that because of JLH pregnancy. Love Witches and I agree that it is still too soon to renew for next season.

15. Babybop says:

Hell yes!!

16. Eliza says:

Surprised…. and happy. But HATE the Stacy & Owen storyline.

17. Pam says:

Am so happy, but hopefully they will go in another direction and stop this Stacy/Owen thing. Hope Jane and Grayson finally get together. We have waited long enough!

18. Verónica says:

Great News!! Am so Happy.. Happy.. HAPPY!!!! :) Thanks! Love this show.. I can´t wait for #Season6 … Hope Jane and Grayson finally get together too..

19. Shannon says:

Found it on Netflix and loved it!!!! I watched all episodes over the weekend. Did Grayson find out Jane’s secret this season? I am behind and just wanted to know if that is the end game where he finally figures it out and they can move forward somehow. I really liekd the idea of Fred’s spirit being in Owen’s body as that would make sense of the pairing between characters I heard about.

20. cissy says:

Glad one of the few shows that are fun & not disgustingly drenched in sex left.

• Anne dee says:

Right! Great show and I am so glad Lifetime made the wise decision to renew it. Now they should give next n some advertising because a lot of viewers would watch and enjoy it if they knew about it!

21. Norkir says:

Thank you Lifetime for this great news!!! I’m a DDD die hard fan and will remain till the end. I watch every episode every week it’s on!

22. Robin says:

Yay! I was just wondering about this when I saw that there is one episode left until the season finale….

23. Gigi says:

Yay! So glad it’s been renewed . . . I absolutely love this show!

24. Kristi says:

I am so glad, I really enjoy this show!! I was bummed when Lifetime cancelled Army Wives but when they renewed Diva for season 5 I was thrilled. I also like Witches it is better than I thought it would be. So way to go Lifetime!!!!

25. Ray says:

I hope Witches of East End gets renewed for another season. That being said, I also hope there is a drastic uptick in the quality of the writing and acting

26. Doreen says:

ummmm…. stacy with owen is just awful. really. these two could not find anyone else. really? poor and lazy writing. i am super disappointed.

27. Wow says:

THIS SHOW IS DEAD TO ME. They’ve had the same storyline/season finale (is she going to tell him? nooooo. will she almost tell him 1,000 times and get interrupted? yessssss) for OVER THREE SEASONS NOW. F this show.

28. lisa says:

I love drop deag diva

29. greatest new’s ever !

30. Dawn says:

LOVE Owen. Like Stacy. Owen was SO good for Jane that I almost forgot about Grayson and started pulling for Owen (almost). DO NOT like Owen and Stacy together. I want to see Jane & Grayson together, but where does the show go from there?

31. yessss!!! So excited. I love this show.

32. Anwenn says:

Thank you Lifetime! Yay for more Drop Dean Diva!!!

• Steffers says:

Why does everyone hate the Stacey/ Owen arc? I think that it is great! I love both characters and something about them just seems to fit. While I liked the Stacey/ Fred thing, I thought that he was too much like a puppy and not a strong enough personality to mesh with Stacey long term.
      Jane has Grayson (or will), why can’t Stacey have someone of her own too?

33. Ronda says:

Yes!! Love this series! 5 of my friends like it too!

34. Lillie says:

Thank you. Thank you, for renewing Drop Dead Diva. I really love that show. It is one of my favorite shows and I am still wanting Grayson and Jane together, they both love each other. Hope he can get pass the deception. I agree about Stacey n Owen, why would one want a baby by your best friends ex and the relationship is just wrong. And every woman knows the girl friend/sister code is real.
    Also enjoy Witches of east end had a great start and I look forward to watching every week.

35. heather says:

Yay!!!!!! This is my favorite show ever!!!!!!!! DDD is awesome for all ages and I cant wait every week to watch it.

36. Deej says:

The ending for this season was phenomenal. I was upset when Jane’s mom passed away. Why did Brittany have to come and ruin everything?!

I’m glad this show was renewed. I was disappointed when Lifetime cancelled it. This show has so much more potential. I like Owen and Stacy together. Jane should definitely be with Grayson. I wouldn’t mind some more dancing/singing dreams.

37. riki101 says:

boooo! this needs to be the final season, no reason to go on and on. just have her and grayson get married and be the end of it

38. Sayre says:

I love the Client List. They’d be a fool to cancel that show. Instant star power and good ratings. Drop Dead Diva is entertaining (one of those surprises to me. I didn’t think I would like it from the show description or promos, but I did) and it’s cool that it gets another season, but I hope season six is better than season five. They always put the good stuff in the first and last episodes! But I do enjoy its levity.

39. Sayre says:

I never understood why Jane couldn’t tell Grayson she was Deb. I mean, he pretty much figured it out. Then they took away Fred, the best angel. And this last angel has been horrible! At least season fours angel wrote letters and stuff to Fred.This show break the rules of genre that they create, and that bothers me. I hope season 6 is as good as the first four seasons.

40. alll says:

absolutely YES!!!

41. Amanda says:

I’m so excited!! I don’t understand how this show was canceled in the first place – it has everything!! I wish they could somehow bring back Fred in the next season. He and Stacy along with Jane and Grayson would an amazing way to end the series!

42. Tyler says:

I am so happy to hear that there will be another season of DDD! what an intense cliff hanger!! Ughhhh!! :)

43. m.d. says: