Exclusive

Exclusive Video: Almost Human's Karl Urban Previews 'Uneasy' Human-Robotic Life in 2048

Want to know what’s in store for the fate of humanity? Then you may want to check out Fox’s upcoming sci-fi drama Almost Human, premiering on Sunday, Nov. 17 at 8/7c.

In the following exclusive trailer, star Karl Urban reasons that the series’ draw lies in the fact that “we’re giving you a glimpse of the future, which is just around our corner.”

RELATED | Fall TV First Impression: Fox’s Almost Human

In the show’s vision of 2048, “the genie is out of the bottle in terms of genetic engineering,” so Urban’s cop John Kennex is paired with a synthetic robot partner, Dorian (played by Michael Ealy).

“It’s an uneasy relationship, but both of these characters need each other,” explains the actor. And Kennex will really need Dorian’s help to adjust to living with a robotic leg of his own.

Check out the preview below and then head to the comments to let us know if you’ll be tuning in to Almost Human.

1. Anne says:

Exclusive where? It has been on You Tube, Twitter and Tumblr for almost two days now, . Please change your headlines.

2. jami1331 says:

CANNOT wait for this show! Excited!!

3. Badpenny says:

I was hoping they’d go a slightly different way with the human then the I, Robot route. Why not a cop who embraces technology and respect what its done for him, as well as respecting his android partner? I’ll give it 3 or 4 episodes to grab me but the emotional premise just seems worn.

• M3rc Nate says:

Cause then hes just a regular nice guy..not a gruffy, pain in the ass, old school, cop. Whats the relationship between him and the android if they get along great? I dont see I, Robot in this at all. That was a guy who worked alone and just liked old school stuff (shoes, music players etc) and came across a robot breaking the rules, and they faught then worked together or something but it wasnt like this at all.

• Badpenny says:

Yo don’t see I, Robot in this? Loner cop, with a cybernetic prosthetic , who hates tech and robots. If Karl was black it would be the same character. :)

• Matthew says:

The relationship if Urban’s character embraced the robot would make it a buddy cop show, sort of an action/dramedy with a futuristic twist. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Gruffy, angry cops are such a tired cliché. Are we watching TV from the 60’s here? J.J. can do better than this… probably an excuse to run out a bunch of Fringe and Alcatraz ideas he and the rest of Bad Robot didn’t get to use on those shows.

4. M3rc Nate says:

Im SO excited for this show! It looks SO good. Not as heady or highly intelligent as Fringe, and obviously with a lot more humor and buddy cop stuff going on, but it reminds me of Fringe a LOT in its visuals. This is the show im most excited to see. I really really hope it gets a bigger audience than Fringe cause i dont want it to get cancelled. Yes Fringe got 5 seasons but thats because it was so amazing and highly intelligent and unique that the head of the Fox loved it. I could see them seeing this just as a futuristic buddy cop show and cancel it if the ratings are low.

5. Alichat says:

Every time I read Urban’s character name, I read Kleenex instead of Kennex…..so weird.

6. Tran 2.0 says:

Almost Human is one of the few new shows of the Fall TV season (Blacklist and Agents of SHIELD added to my list) I’m definitely looking forward to and it does have potential to be a breakout hit and one of the best new dramas of the year. Fringe was one of the best sci-fi shows I’ve ever seen but Almost Human is no Fringe in my opinion. Hope this is one of the most entertaining TV series in years and try to bring some popcorn with it.

7. Apples says:

Not a huge Karl Urban fan, don’t think he can be a good enough lead for a show like this. We’ll see.

• Bob says:

Is that just based on his Star Trek work? You didn’t like his lead role in the Judge Dredd reboot? The Riddick franchise? Or maybe you don’t like him because he’s a Kiwi.

8. Katherine215 says:

I’ve been so looking forward to this show! I love both Karl Urban and Michael Ealy.

9. dreamlife613 says:

Man, hearing his interview makes me wish they’d let him use his real accent. It’s so sexy!

Anyway, hell yes—I can’t wait for this show! I hope they give us Fringe fans some nods and winks every now and then, maybe bring in some actors from that show.

10. man1220 says:

Love the show!

11. irene barron luboff says:

Love almost human so much we watch every single episode multiple times on demand. Cast is great, dialogue funny and likeable – technology is fascinating. Please, please keep renewing it every year. I am commenting for myself and seven others.