American Horror Story Season 4 (and Beyond): 7 Possible, Mostly Plausible Premises

Since American Horror Story: Coven has been scaring up such excellent numbers for FX, we’re pretty much assured a Season 4 (and even 5, 6 and 7, we’d wager). But, having already thrown open the doors to a haunted house, a loony bin and Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, where will Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk take us next?

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Scroll through the gallery below for 7 spine-tingling possibilities, then hit the comments to single out the ones that enchant you!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Photo Gallery

1. Stacy says:

A period piece would be really cool – Carnival in the 1800’s would be a perfect setting with the freak show. And I’m loving the Illuminati/satanic cult idea in Washington. That would be a scream!

2. bsimester says:

Let’s see, according to Ryan Murphy each season must be unique. It has already been talked about his dis-taste for Vampires and Werewolves, so NO I wouldn’t worry about their theme. Zombies are definitley not unique so NO their theme is gone. Aliens are old so NO. Murphy’s done Witches (Coven), an Asylum and a Haunted house so now they’re not unique (for American Horror Story, anyways). Traveling Amusement/Carnival/Circus for season 4 is interesting, maybe a really creepy religion, an Apocolypse (finding out the world is a lie). Any other ideas?

3. carissa castillo says:

i think it be cool to do an american horror story were it covers a topic of a war between angels and demons..it would be really scary if they added demonic “bad guys” or scary creatures that have to do with hell or the devil..i think it could be really scary….

4. carissa says:

also a theme of like english settelers coming to america could be cool…like the wrath of the native americans and all of native american legends are creepy..why not bring those legends alive and the settelers fight for survival!!! id watch that.

5. Bobby Stanley says:

Shady Pines is a similar reality tv idea that I had. Shady Pines is an old inn; located at the corner of Arsenic and Old Lace. It is hosted by two crazy old ladies (Tina F. & Amy P.) where they are visited by “B” rated celebrities, either as themselves or as characters that they have played on TV. And weekly they come to meet their demise at the hands of these two ladies..sometimes in a funny way…sometimes in an American Horror Story way.

6. Malik Julien says:

I can’t wait for season four! ALSO I can not wait for the casting calls to open! My favorite topic would be the camp blood and slightly for the ‘Funland’ topic. I hope the directors will be searching for African American teenagers, because I will be first in line

7. TT says:

I love to see Taissa Farmiga and Evan Peters together . For the fourth season I would love to see them have a connection like they did in the first season. The whole carnival seen I like it . They could put together the lives of carnie’s but add the horror and excitement of course. But put romance in the season like the traditional boy meets girl at carnival .

8. I really like the idea of Jessica Lang and Jane Lynch either working together or plotting agents each other, Both where given great and rolls by Ryan Murphy in his two shows. I also like the idea of an American Horror Story summer camp theme, if you think bake to Goosbumps, most of it took place in summer camps. A traveling Freak Show or a psychotic family killing of their new friends, and each family member has their own agenda. I don’t like the Anti-Christ idea because it is already done in the first season, also I am tired of Even and Taissa’s love relation ship, maybe they can be psycho brother and sister in the Family idea. The Mars Idea can also work, if it plays of in the “Near future” and America was the first to colonized Mars making it part of America. I also thought of a Western story mixed in with Native American Mythology. There is so much possibility and it makes it hard to think what is the possibility.

9. Well so they are doing a carnival theme for the next one AHS: Freak show wow awesome