Once Upon a Time First Look: Hugs and Kisses in Neverland -- Plus: Hook's Past Revealed

As things get even more dire on Once Upon a Time‘s Neverland adventure, comforting hugs and kisses will be doled out, and we’ve got a sneak peek at the surprising pair sharing an embrace in this Sunday’s episode (ABC, 8/7c).

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Casts Stephen Lord as Rumple’s Father

Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Hook’s backstory is unveiled, as Killian Jones and his brother set sail to find a powerful indigenous plant that could help heal any injury.

Click through the gallery below for all that intel and more, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Ju says:

Oh boy…. Let the shipping wars begin…

2. kate says:

looks like chartings secret is out

3. kate says:

can his brother be jack sparrow

4. Ruth Caceres says:

Lol on the coment of the shipping war lol again I can’t stand bae no matter how much I try I love hook more , a bad hot boy is always more interesting , but with a special kind of princess like Emma even morw

5. Babybop says:

And I didn’t think he would look good without the guyliner… I have been proven wrong.

6. Jack says:

Hook looks so innocent with bangs.

7. Neveu says:

As someone completely uninterested in who Emma’s macking on this time, maybe I’ll skip this one. Call me when that Mulan/Aurora plot shows back up.

8. A.J. says:

Who is the surprising pair sharing an embrace? Charming and Emma? Does everyone think that’s hook?

• Melanie says:

Tvline didn’t post the picture, but you can see elsewhere on the web- and even in the actual promo, Emma kissing Hook

9. courts says:

Not enough of the Regina shots.

10. Lauren says:

Anyone else see what I see? It looks like Charming has the same man purse/bag that hook has in his backstory photos… Which I’m guessing has something to do with the “powerful indigenous plant that could help heal any injury.”

Aka – is this Charming’s way to survive his death sentence?

11. Len84 says:

I am so looking forward to Hook’s backstory and how he became a pirate, what led him to it. and he had a brother!!!

Looking forward to more Emma/Hook progression

Seems like this plant is more then it is, maybe connected to Charming’s kingdom as well as Emma’s tattoo!!!

• ej says:

Wish it was the tattoo. Someone asked JMo about Emma’s tat either this past Sunday or the previous one and she said that it had yet to be addressed in any way on the show (as of episode 10) and she had no idea if/when it ever would be.

• irishrose4583 says:

as long as it has nothing to do with Bai Ling and Thailand..aka the worst episode of Lost! I’m probably ok if they never address it…..

• HereThere says:

His brother and/or commanding officer? More fancy shoulder patch suggested superior officer.

• courts says:

Charming’s kingdom is only his because of cou d’etat, it’s not like there’s a real connection to the crest of the man he overthrew.

12. Sid says:

Yay for a backstory on Hook, something i was looking forward to mostly because Hook is my fave, he is such a closed off man in terms of what he has been through and what led him to a pirate as well. Emotions dwells in his eyes there is so much to see.

I hope we get a Charming and Hook bromance, these two have things in common and similar men if take away their titles of pirate and prince – brave, fighters, man of action.

Rooting for Emma-Hook here, i see the progression here with them, each scene and each interaction they have says so much, he is there by her side and believes in her.

13. JoRo says:

Hook looks too adorable and so innocent as young Killian Jones. what has happened to Killian to become the pirate he did and he has a brother

More Hook & Emma as well <3

14. Danielle says:

BOO to Hook/Emma. Losing respect for her. Hes scum

15. L3nn13 says:

Hook episode yay – Good Form!!!!

Hook-Emma <3

Snowing <3

Hook looks even more handsome, didnt think it was even more possible, cannot wait to see Colin be awesome as Hook and Killian

16. Jennifer says:

Give me Emma and Daddy!Charming hugs over Emma and Hook any day. She should be focusing on her family.

17. Ls1 says:

I cannot wait for Hook’s backstory and who he was and how he was as Killian Jones and he was a navy officier or something and his brother (by the way i use to watch that actors in Neighbours lol)
    More stills are out on the net and it is Charming and Emma hugging.
    Charming probably thinks he isnt coming back and dying but got a feeling he will be saved and Hook will get a cure.
    Rooting for Captain Swan / Hook-Emma!

18. Christina says:

Killian Jones > Hook. Gotta love a man in uniform!

19. rk535 says:

So thrilled! Can’t wait!

20. Kelly says:

I find that I like Hook most when it’s with Charming or concerning Bae. Emma and Hook just don’t do it for me and Emma comes across as pathetic and slutty with Hook. Just plain dumb.

21. Nick says:

Like Hook’s character but totally team Neal. Not happy. Emma will come around though…or…one of those two will kick it.

22. ti_kup says:

Would love to see Hook”s back story and hoping his brother is turning out to be future Robin Hood. That would be great! They are both thieves, one is for the causes, the other is for self.

23. Lynnette says:

I’m crossing my digits that the writers kill off Neal.

24. Meg says:

Is it just me, or does Hook look just like Prince Eric… Ariel is coming soon, after all.

• abz says:

He really does, but they already cast Eric. Unless maybe Hook is still Ariel’s Eric in this version and they have other plans for the Eri thatc they cast. Joanna Garcia and Colin O’Donoghue — any interactions between them seems like it might be interesting to watch..

25. Melanie says:

I like Hook, and the way he flirts with Emma. I like that OUAT is bringing us there. After all Neal and Emma must be an endgame, especially since Pan brought up the fact that she is the daughter of pure good, and Neal the one of pure evil. Emma do needs to navigate before going back to that “epic” love. Although, I thin OUAT may be pushing Hook and Emma too fast. I want them to go that way, and I really feel it from Hook, but Emma just look as usual, trying to fight everything. And in the preview the kiss just look disappointing the way she throw herself at him.

26. Cheryl says:

Does anyone else have an issue with the poor CGI we are seeing? Can they do anything about it? Driving me nuts! Any thoughts, Matt?

27. GunclingingPalin says:

First Hook was boinking Henry’s Gramma and got his hand cut off for it… now Hook wants to boink Henry’s Mom… pissed off Rumple and now Neil… and Rumple… First Gramma then Mom… first the hand… next the pecker… Hook is Toast if he doesn’t knock that crap off.