NBC's Dracula Exclusive Preview Video: 'As American as God, Guns and Bourbon'

Get More: Exclusive, Previews, Video

Bram Stoker laid down the blueprint, but NBC has tweaked the author’s design in the latest incarnation of Dracula, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors, Match Point) and premiering Friday, Oct. 25 at 10/9c.

In the following exclusive video, Rhys Meyers explains how the central action still takes place in Victorian England, but how his character Vlad Tepes (who gets his fang on under the titular moniker) is masquerading as an American industrialist named Alexander Grayson (probably not an ancestor of Revenge‘s villainess Victoria).

RELATED | Parks and Rec‘s Next Three Episodes, Including Halloween Outing, Bumped by The Voice, SNL

Press play below for the full preview — including plenty of blood, copious torso shots and enthusiastic testimonials from Rhys Meyers’ costars.

Comments (12)

• This is the show I’m most excited for this fall! Please be awesome!

Comment by alistaircrane – October 22, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t have time for another show. But….Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I have to.

Comment by erin – October 22, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same…but I cannot say no to JRM!

Comment by Eliza – October 22, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IKR?!! He is beautiful….*swoon*

Comment by tp – October 22, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IKR, my DVR is bursting, but I love Dracula. I hope it’s as good as it looks, please be good, please be good :-) And JRM is icing!!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – October 22, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been looking forward to this show since May! Can. Not. Wait!

Comment by Alanna – October 22, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve already plugged this one in to the DVR. I cannot miss JRM in this. I’ve missed him and I look forward to this show. I’m excited for him to have a new opportunity to showcase how talented he is.

Comment by ScorpionGlow – October 22, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love JRM in everyting, the show itself looks better then i thought it would be from the promo last spring. I’ll definitly check it out although i suspect its going to suffer from being on broadcast, it seems perfect for HBO or Showtime. we shall see.

Comment by James D – October 22, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not available in your area. I hate NBC!!

Comment by CBWBDK1 – October 22, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto

Comment by Tone LG – October 22, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HuluPlus ladies… Dracula will be on there, $8/month.

Comment by Rebecca – October 22, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh wait. Did you mean the clip above? Whoops. :)

Comment by Rebecca – October 22, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post