Report: ABC May Exhume Body of Proof

Body of Proof Renewed Season 4Rigor mortis perhaps hasn’t quite set in with Body of Proof.

With Lucky 7 already cashed out and its other non-S.H.I.E.L.D. freshman dramas struggling, ABC may resurrect the cancelled procedural, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Scoop: Breaking Bad Villainess Joins ABC’s Limited Series Black Box

Talks of the possible plucking-from-the-ashes are said to have started at the start of this TV season, and a final decision could come within the next month, as the likes of Betrayal and Wonderland either stabilize (or even rise), or slide further.

At this stage, it’s unclear who all — Dana Delany? Mark Valley? Gravedigger Michael Ausiello? — could be brought back for any possible Season 4.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s, Bones, Coven, Sons, Psych, Carrie, Vampire Diaries and More

Body of Proof, during its rejiggered third season, averaged 10.4 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, with its out-of-season finale drawing 7.6 mil/1.2.

Wonderland with its second telecast dropped to 4.5 mil and a 1.2, while Betrayal this Sunday ticked up to 3.6 mil and a 0.9. Scandal repeats currently filling the Tuesdays-at-10 void aka BOP‘s old home have averaged about 2.8 mil and a 0.8.

Would you like to see Body of Proof back on your telly?

Comments (195)

• I love Body of Proof and want it back!! Stop creating stupid realty shows and keep Castle, Revenge, and Agents of Shield coming. I do agree that cops from season one need to be returned Body of Proof.

Comment by Kate – November 17, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes bring Body of Proof back. I never missed an episode. It’s well eritten & well acted. Humor mixed with drama. Excellent show. But the goons usually choose incotrectly so never seeing it again won’t shock me. They’ll judt replace it with some BS reality crap.

Comment by Fibronurse – November 23, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I would really like to see a continuation of this show! Body of Proof – a really good show!

Comment by Russian Squirrel – December 13, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked body of proof when it first came out. However, after the second season, I found it unbearable. By making the main character even colder and the blond boss lady ‘stand her ground’ in a cool and sexy manner,they killed it for me. I tried to watch season three, but finally had to give up. It was awful. I am not sorry I have since forgotten all the character’s names already.

Comment by Notenoughtimetowaste – December 15, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring Megan baaaaaack! we need our weekly fix of that witty sarcasm.

Comment by marie – December 25, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never watched BOP on live television, but just finished watching all 3 Seasons of the DVD’s. It is a great show. My family is shocked that such a great show would be cancelled, but there have been lots of them that had been in the past. Such a shame when there is so much garbage on TV.

Comment by Julianne – December 26, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great entertainment, sorry if you “yanks” find it boring but as a “Brit” I find it a great release from everyday life. Megan’s professional confidence along with her personal insecurities reflects a reality in real life and draws viewers into her attempts to balance her life. Please don’t kill it off yet, I’m sure the series has the potential to appeal to a wider and more dedicated audience.

Comment by Oldspot – January 3, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back body of proof!!! Keep Betrayal too!

Comment by Jen – January 20, 2014 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE bring it back…..I rather watch a low rating show then a thousand reality tv shows….they are all the same…big fan of Quincey and now I have found a more modern version and they are cancelling it… murphy’s law

Comment by marie – January 23, 2014 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well…. This is it????? ONLY 3 seasons??? :/ :/ :/ This show IS really awesome…..

Comment by Mami Sid – February 9, 2014 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring body of proof back….. My family and I look forward to every new season….. please bring it back

Comment by Reece – February 12, 2014 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love BoP…plz bring it back!!!!

Comment by nicky – February 27, 2014 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why has it been cancelled?? Yesterday I saw the last episode of season 3 and definetly I WANT season 4 to be released!!!

Comment by Daniela (Italy) – March 2, 2014 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring body of proof back, that show was the only thing that made me watch television.so please please bring it back, I am from South Africa and I love thar programe.

Comment by mpumie – March 2, 2014 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched every episode of BOP and was shocked that it was cancelled. This is a great tv series that has everything and it would be great to bring it back. Dana DeLaney is a fantastic actress. Jeri Ryan and Valey all great.

Comment by Britt – March 20, 2014 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i LOVE BODY OF PROOF PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

Comment by Shanie – April 12, 2014 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back body of proof. Honestly best show I’ve ever watched!!! It’s addicting!!!

Comment by mramos1649 – April 16, 2014 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post