First Look: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Assemble! Plus — Is Skye's Secret About to Come Out?

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

This Tuesday on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 8/7c), Coulson & Co. head to Asia to track a young man who has come to possess an unusual power — while Skye’s questionable allegiances threaten to come to light.

In the first look photo – a rare episodic featuring the whole team — Coulson, Ward, Melinda May (whose workout seemingly got interrupted by the meeting) and Skye receive new intel about their target from Agents Fitz and Simmons.

RELATED | Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gets Full-Season Order

Elsewhere in the episode, former (?) Rising Tide wonk Skye’s double agent secret “jeopardizes her relationship with the team right when they need her most.”

RELATED | Has S.H.I.E.L.D. Found Itself Yet? Marvel Exec Jeph Loeb Answers That, Other Burning Qs

Exec producer Jeph Loeb told TVLine recently that Skye’s ultimate loyalty is “one of the stories,” like Coulson’s resurrection, meant to keep viewers guessing during this first run of episodes. And this Tuesday’s hour, specifically, he said, “will start to focus in more” and present “more clarity” on Skye’s lingering ties to S.H.I.E.L.D. nemesis Rising Tide. (Maybe she and Coulson are pulling a Homeland?)

CLARK GREGG, BRETT DALTON, MING-NA WEN, CHLOE BENNET, ELIZABETH HENSTRIDGE, IAIN DE CAESTECKER

Comments (13)

• She isn’t a bad guy… You can just tell by how she said she wanted this family this place amongst them. And Joss never ever plays obvious notes in his art. I really think there is someone in shield who is he real traitor or aligned with rising tide… We kinda need to see more of them to get how bad they are because aside from a cool name not much else to say about them.

Comment by Trenton – October 21, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus, she is making goodly eyes at Ward.

Comment by Patrick – October 21, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pragmatist in me knows they’re not going to make Skye too evil when they’ve spent so much time building up the attraction angle between her and Ward. Every show these days need to have some type of sexual angst going on. Heck, most everything on the CW is all about relationship angst. :)
    Plus anyone who’s read the comics for years knows that many of the Avengers started out as evil. Misunderstood evil turning to good is a Marvel mainstay. :)

Comment by Badpenny – October 21, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have I missed which boats Rising Tide will be lifting?

Comment by John 1138 – October 21, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All of them. Obviously.

Comment by wordsmith – October 21, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My listings show this week’s ep as a repeat of the pilot…

Comment by Walrus – October 21, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NVM, that’s next week.

Comment by Walrus – October 21, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in my opinion skye has been working deep cover for shield the whole time to find the real mole in the organisation (my money is on ward given how coulson had her interrogate him in the pilot). the fact that we dont know her real name makes me think she might actually be a character from the comics.

Comment by Alan – October 21, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling she’s going to be Jessica Jones from the comics. Little things they mention here and there.

Comment by Kim – October 21, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately, I think Skye is one of the elements that’s just not working out for Show. All the trumpeting over her actually makes me want to give this episode a pass. I’m not impressed with the actress, the character or the storyline, and wish the writers would start concentrating on other things – like really defining the team, their purpose and mission. I want to care about all of the characters, not just Coulson and May. Fitz-Simmons is growing on me, but the show needs more witty banter, definition and tightly written stories.

Comment by shamangrrl – October 21, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hallelujah. 100% agreement. In fact, the show isn’t doing great things for me. Which I hate admitting because I want to love it. I just don’t.

Comment by Naazneen – October 21, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melinda is Sykes mother it so obvious

Comment by Mitch – November 20, 2013 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the show even though it was a little slow out of the gate. I’m hoping to see more off worlders hit the little screen. Question is “where are they going” what is their agenda for the success of the show ¿. Right now they seem to be behind the old 🎱! I’ll keep watching , haven’t missed an episode yet. Patience I gotta lot of these days. Play safe Friends

Comment by A. Jim – March 4, 2014 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post