What to Watch Monday: Wedding Bells for Bones, HIMYM Is Camp-y, Castle Is Time-Trippy and More

bones_0102_LY-1On TV this Monday: Bones takes a long overdue walk down the aisle, the doctor is back in in Hart of Dixie, and How I Met Your Mother and Mom tout big-name guest stars. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

VIDEO | Bones Wedding Guests Have Arrived (But What Are They Wearing?!)
PHOTOS | Bones First Look: Booth and Brennan’s Long-Awaited Wedding Album

8 pm Bones (Fox) | At long, long last, Booth and Brennan finally tie the knot, alongside guest stars like songstress Cyndi Lauper and Emily Deschanel’s real-life hubby David Hornsby. (Watch Spoiler Alert! below for a preview of the nuptials.)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | True Blood vet Anna Camp and Gilmore Girls patriarch Edward Herrmann guest-star, as Ted’s wedding weekend date and Barney and Robin’s minister, respectively. (Thank goodness it’s not the other way around!)

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Zoe begins discreetly seeing patients in Bluebell again, to avoid a confrontation with Brick.

8:30 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Max and Caroline battle the cronut craze with their own creation: cake fries!

VIDEO | Beauty and the Beast Stars Preview Cat’s ‘Shattered’ World and an ‘Oh $#*!’ Moment

9 pm Life According to Sam (HBO) | This compelling documentary spends three years with Sam Berns, a young patient suffering from the rare genetic condition called progeria.

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Christy makes a new friend (Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, The Help) who has biiiig problems. (Maybe some good news will help?)

RELATED | Hostages Scoop, the Latest and Mike & Molly and More Via Matt’s Inside Line

10 pm The Blacklist (NBC) | Red and the FBI try to stop a dangerous, anonymous messenger (Prison Break’s Robert Knepper).

10 pm Dream School (Sundance Channel) | The students are encouraged to put their personal problems aside and step up to the plate.

10 pm Castle (ABC) | A grisly murder investigation leads Castle and Beckett to a suspect (Chuck’s Joshua Gomez) who claims he’s traveled back in time. (Siri, where’s the nearest mental institution?)

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Ellen must perform emergency surgery in her own home; Duncan demands answers from Archer.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (58)

• So excited for Bones!! After 8 years and 170 episodes we have the biggest one yet. The fact that we will watch them as husband and wife for at least another 18 episodes makes me giddy. Enjoy everyone :)

Comment by 206episodesofBones – October 21, 2013 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wouldn’t miss Bones this week if my life depended on it, because we have been waiting a long time for this

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 21, 2013 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones – can’t wait to see how it finally comes about.

Comment by SK – October 21, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting for this moment for 171 episodes, I can’t wait for the Bones wedding!!!!

Comment by TV God – October 21, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle. I couldn’t resist watching it online last night week after seeing some spoilers, and it is amazing. Definitely rewatching. I love the episodes that Marlowe and Miller co-write, they are brilliant for the Castle-Beckett relationship because they’re basically writing themselves.

Nothing else on Mondays appeals to me.

Comment by Apples – October 21, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too love the epi that Marlow and Miller work together on.
      I feel the same way about Monday’s.

Its just Castle night.

Comment by shirley – October 21, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need to catch up on HIMYM and Castle. :(

Comment by Esaul – October 21, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story on VH1

Comment by David – October 21, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Bones! Definitely.

DVR: DWTS, B&TB, & Castle

Comment by Sarah – October 21, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY, been looking forward to the wonderful Robert Knepper appearing on The Blacklist. He just plays villains sooo well.

Comment by Nikki – October 21, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have completely given up on HIMYM. This season has been unwatchable. Think the gamble of having an entire season take place over one weekend has been a disaster. Anyone else feel the same way?

Comment by Audrey – October 21, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I gave up on HIMYM a few seasons back but I tried to get back into this season as it was the final season and we were finally going to meet the mother. Lasted two whole eps before giving up again. It is terrible, and yes the whole season-in-a-weekend format is just a trainwreck.

Comment by Apples – October 21, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Still watching. Still laughing. That’s all I ask for.

Comment by Tom Mc – October 21, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. And the Mother better be in this episode or else what’s the point of introducing her already for her to disappear so quickly.

Comment by DW – October 21, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, the ones without her have a certain “filler” quality about them, for me anyway… “hilarious” scenes with no-name random relatives notwithstanding.

Comment by John 1138 – October 21, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this season is actually an improvement over the last 2-3 seasons. I’ve actually laughed a few times! There must be a ton of flashbacks/forwards this season like the wedding gift/thank you card story, because I also cannot see how this wedding weekend is going to last all year.

Comment by Mikael – October 21, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’s an improvement too. I was prepared to loathe this season’s format, but I actually really like it.

Comment by Aprilcot – October 21, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. They introduced the Mother and made her a regular just to take her away instantly. And a final season where Marshall and Lily barely get to interact? Terrible. I haven’t laughed once this season. I just want it to end.

Comment by Steven – October 21, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a huge fan of the current season of HIMYM, I don’t like the concept of a season spanning only one weekend, it seemed like a neat idea, but I will watch anyway, because I’m a devoted fan.

Comment by TV God – October 21, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, The Voice, and The Blacklist. watch Hart of Dixie online tomorrow and Castle online tomorrow as well to see Joshua Gomez from Chuck.

Comment by Joey – October 21, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hod castle

Comment by ollie – October 21, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the World Series doesn’t start until WEDNESDAY, so why is there no new Sleepy Hollow tonight? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment by meem – October 21, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering the same thing. As much as I’m loving Sleepy Hollow, I wasn’t going to complain since my Cards were in the World Series. But since there’s not even a game tonight it’s just stupid.

Comment by Erin – October 21, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just assuming its because it would be another repeat next Monday? To be honest I hate when shows are new one week, then a repeat, then new, then another repeat. I’d rather have one straight break and then get a run of uninterrupted new episodes. But that’s just me.

Comment by Francine – October 21, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So you’d rather have three weeks off than one?

Comment by Ali – October 21, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Since it means we’ll get the whole month of November and probably most of December with new episodes, yeah, I would prefer it that way. I like watching new episodes each week. Having constant repeats thrown in messes up the flow of the story. Other networks (ABC in the spring I believe but I could be wrong) are doing this too. Repeats are unfortunately a given so I think its the lesser of two evils. Not everyone will like it but I do.

Comment by Francine – October 21, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Not sure what you are talking about. We’ve had new episodes every Monday since the show started, and a new episode tonight would have just been another new episode to add to the end of that string. It wouldn’t be “messing up the flow,” it would be continuing it!

There is only ONE World Series game scheduled for a Monday–game 5 on the 28th, and only if needed, at that. There’s no reason to splice in a bunch of unnecessary reruns for a series that is only 13 episodes long, anyway. *That* is what “messes up the flow.”

Comment by meem – October 21, 2013 02:11 PM PDT
          • I just explained what I was talking about. Like I said, you don’t have to agree with me. I’m aware that Monday would be game 5 if necessary. Fox is being cautious here and presuming it will more than likely go to that game 5. We had 5 straight weeks of episodes then it was a repeat last week. If they showed a new episode last night and if there IS a game 5 this coming Monday- then we would have repeat, new episode, repeat. I think that stinks. Not to mention that we would probably have another repeat thrown in someone in November. Doing it this way- 5 straight episodes, 3 weeks off, then at least 5 more straight episodes- makes sense to me. Throwing in unneccesary repeats as you say is a part of the game. It’s going to happen either way, so I prefer it this way. You don’t have to agree. I don’t know how to make it any clearer than that.

Comment by Ju – October 22, 2013 07:10 AM PDT
  • No mention of Beauty and the Beast?? Disappointed.

Comment by Celyn – October 21, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have a blue link to an awesome video. Try not to be inconsiderate, TVline doesn’t ignore our show like other sights.

Comment by Lauren – October 21, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excuse me. I wasn’t being inconsiderate I simply didn’t see the link. I know that TVLine doesn’t ignore them which is why I was surprised to not see them listed among the recommended shows to watch.

Comment by Celyn – October 21, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to seeing Joshua Gomez on Castle. Loved him as part of the CHUCK cast.

Comment by Susan – October 21, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES <3

Comment by Astrid – October 21, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blacklist. On Demand: Hostages.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 21, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, DWTS, Castle!
    And take a look at Bones.

Comment by Mary – October 21, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie
    Beauty & the Beast
    Sleepy Hollow
    Castle

Comment by Jared – October 21, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS
    HIMYM
    Hostages
    Blacklist

Comment by eric' – October 21, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Hostages, The Blacklist, Castle, and Bones

Comment by Andy – October 21, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • at last tonite the wedding!!!!!! i can’t wait only nine hours to go. then castle i also liked him on chuck i miss that show. not happy bones won’t be on next week so said tvguide. then moving to fri nites.

Comment by barbara – October 21, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle (although already watched online), Blacklist and Bones. Sleepy Hollow is a repeat (if it is airing) so that’s off.

Comment by Barb – October 21, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones
    Hostages
    The Blacklist
    Castle

Comment by Steve – October 21, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls,HoD,BatB

Comment by Brandy – October 21, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be watching HIMYM and Hostages. Re: HIMYM, wondering why this is the first we’ve heard about Ted bringing a date to the wedding? He didn’t drive up with her and clearly doesn’t go back with her… the whole thing seems off to me.

Comment by Katie – October 21, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM eps are dangerously teetering on the edge of “filler” for my taste. More of The Mother would be a step back from that cliff.

Bones, HoD, 2BG and Blacklist.

Comment by John 1138 – October 21, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited! It is going to be great. Cyndi singing, I hope it is at the reception. I wish it was on for longer than an hour. Especially, since it is going off for 2 to 3 weeks for World Series. So, we have to wait. EXCITED!!!!!!!

Comment by Rita Sioros – October 21, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, the Blacklist, and 2 Broke Girls

Comment by Justin – October 21, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI for CW viewers in the NYC Metro area…Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast will be preempted by the Giants game. Again. Sigh. They will both be shown on Saturday night. I have Cablevision, but last time this happeneed a poster with Fios told me she was affected, also.

Comment by MP – October 21, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup.Hi again (*waves*) ..Football again on Fios too. Definitely regional as opposed to by cable system. Isn’t there enough football on? I don’t remember this ever happening on CW before, that their nightly programming is preempted for sports locally..Put this Football on UPN (or whatever that channel now is, Mytv?) No one watches it and its all old repeats of old shows anyway.

Blech..who can we complain to?

Comment by angelcake – October 21, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones all the way, catch up on HIMYM tomorrow.

Comment by A – October 21, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sleepy Hollow and the CBS comedies.

Comment by Kavyn – October 21, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My must-sees tonight are Castle and BATB. I usually DVR Sleepy Hollow, but it’s a repeat. And I’ll catch up on the Blacklist online later.

Comment by LL624 – October 21, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, Castle, and DVR blacklist

Comment by Emma – October 21, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Bones tonight…..will have a glass of champagne to celebrate along with the show!

Comment by Lois – October 21, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, HIMYM, Mom, DWTS, and The Black List.

Comment by G – October 21, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, Blacklist, and Mom for me, plus Dancing With the Stars on record..

Comment by Sable – October 21, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones!
    The Blacklist

Missing a new SH. :(

Comment by Jenna – October 21, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones! Blacklist, Castle

Comment by bobbie – October 21, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely time warping with ‘Castle’ on Monday night. Have been time warping with Castle on Monday nights for the past 4 years! Here’s to the best Castle season ever!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 21, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post