What to Watch Monday: Wedding Bells for Bones, HIMYM Is Camp-y, Castle Is Time-Trippy and More

bones_0102_LY-1On TV this Monday: Bones takes a long overdue walk down the aisle, the doctor is back in in Hart of Dixie, and How I Met Your Mother and Mom tout big-name guest stars. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

VIDEO | Bones Wedding Guests Have Arrived (But What Are They Wearing?!)
PHOTOS | Bones First Look: Booth and Brennan’s Long-Awaited Wedding Album

8 pm Bones (Fox) | At long, long last, Booth and Brennan finally tie the knot, alongside guest stars like songstress Cyndi Lauper and Emily Deschanel’s real-life hubby David Hornsby. (Watch Spoiler Alert! below for a preview of the nuptials.)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | True Blood vet Anna Camp and Gilmore Girls patriarch Edward Herrmann guest-star, as Ted’s wedding weekend date and Barney and Robin’s minister, respectively. (Thank goodness it’s not the other way around!)

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Zoe begins discreetly seeing patients in Bluebell again, to avoid a confrontation with Brick.

8:30 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Max and Caroline battle the cronut craze with their own creation: cake fries!

VIDEO | Beauty and the Beast Stars Preview Cat’s ‘Shattered’ World and an ‘Oh $#*!’ Moment

9 pm Life According to Sam (HBO) | This compelling documentary spends three years with Sam Berns, a young patient suffering from the rare genetic condition called progeria.

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Christy makes a new friend (Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, The Help) who has biiiig problems. (Maybe some good news will help?)

RELATED | Hostages Scoop, the Latest and Mike & Molly and More Via Matt’s Inside Line

10 pm The Blacklist (NBC) | Red and the FBI try to stop a dangerous, anonymous messenger (Prison Break’s Robert Knepper).

10 pm Dream School (Sundance Channel) | The students are encouraged to put their personal problems aside and step up to the plate.

10 pm Castle (ABC) | A grisly murder investigation leads Castle and Beckett to a suspect (Chuck’s Joshua Gomez) who claims he’s traveled back in time. (Siri, where’s the nearest mental institution?)

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Ellen must perform emergency surgery in her own home; Duncan demands answers from Archer.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. 206episodesofBones says:

So excited for Bones!! After 8 years and 170 episodes we have the biggest one yet. The fact that we will watch them as husband and wife for at least another 18 episodes makes me giddy. Enjoy everyone :)

2. madbengalsfan85 says:

Wouldn’t miss Bones this week if my life depended on it, because we have been waiting a long time for this

3. SK says:

Bones – can’t wait to see how it finally comes about.

4. TV God says:

I’ve been waiting for this moment for 171 episodes, I can’t wait for the Bones wedding!!!!

5. Apples says:

Castle. I couldn’t resist watching it online last night week after seeing some spoilers, and it is amazing. Definitely rewatching. I love the episodes that Marlowe and Miller co-write, they are brilliant for the Castle-Beckett relationship because they’re basically writing themselves.

Nothing else on Mondays appeals to me.

6. Esaul says:

Need to catch up on HIMYM and Castle. :(

7. David says:

CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story on VH1

8. Sarah says:

Live: Bones! Definitely.

DVR: DWTS, B&TB, & Castle

9. Nikki says:

YAY, been looking forward to the wonderful Robert Knepper appearing on The Blacklist. He just plays villains sooo well.

10. Audrey says:

I have completely given up on HIMYM. This season has been unwatchable. Think the gamble of having an entire season take place over one weekend has been a disaster. Anyone else feel the same way?

• Apples says:

I gave up on HIMYM a few seasons back but I tried to get back into this season as it was the final season and we were finally going to meet the mother. Lasted two whole eps before giving up again. It is terrible, and yes the whole season-in-a-weekend format is just a trainwreck.

• DW says:

Agreed. And the Mother better be in this episode or else what’s the point of introducing her already for her to disappear so quickly.

• John 1138 says:

Yes, the ones without her have a certain “filler” quality about them, for me anyway… “hilarious” scenes with no-name random relatives notwithstanding.

• Mikael says:

I think this season is actually an improvement over the last 2-3 seasons. I’ve actually laughed a few times! There must be a ton of flashbacks/forwards this season like the wedding gift/thank you card story, because I also cannot see how this wedding weekend is going to last all year.

• Aprilcot says:

I think it’s an improvement too. I was prepared to loathe this season’s format, but I actually really like it.

• Steven says:

I completely agree. They introduced the Mother and made her a regular just to take her away instantly. And a final season where Marshall and Lily barely get to interact? Terrible. I haven’t laughed once this season. I just want it to end.

11. TV God says:

I’m not a huge fan of the current season of HIMYM, I don’t like the concept of a season spanning only one weekend, it seemed like a neat idea, but I will watch anyway, because I’m a devoted fan.

12. Joey says:

HIMYM, The Voice, and The Blacklist. watch Hart of Dixie online tomorrow and Castle online tomorrow as well to see Joshua Gomez from Chuck.

13. ollie says:

Hod castle

14. meem says:

So the World Series doesn’t start until WEDNESDAY, so why is there no new Sleepy Hollow tonight? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Erin says:

I was wondering the same thing. As much as I’m loving Sleepy Hollow, I wasn’t going to complain since my Cards were in the World Series. But since there’s not even a game tonight it’s just stupid.

• Francine says:

I’m just assuming its because it would be another repeat next Monday? To be honest I hate when shows are new one week, then a repeat, then new, then another repeat. I’d rather have one straight break and then get a run of uninterrupted new episodes. But that’s just me.

• Ali says:

So you’d rather have three weeks off than one?

• Francine says:

Since it means we’ll get the whole month of November and probably most of December with new episodes, yeah, I would prefer it that way. I like watching new episodes each week. Having constant repeats thrown in messes up the flow of the story. Other networks (ABC in the spring I believe but I could be wrong) are doing this too. Repeats are unfortunately a given so I think its the lesser of two evils. Not everyone will like it but I do.

• meem says:

Not sure what you are talking about. We’ve had new episodes every Monday since the show started, and a new episode tonight would have just been another new episode to add to the end of that string. It wouldn’t be “messing up the flow,” it would be continuing it!

There is only ONE World Series game scheduled for a Monday–game 5 on the 28th, and only if needed, at that. There’s no reason to splice in a bunch of unnecessary reruns for a series that is only 13 episodes long, anyway. *That* is what “messes up the flow.”

• Ju says:

I just explained what I was talking about. Like I said, you don’t have to agree with me. I’m aware that Monday would be game 5 if necessary. Fox is being cautious here and presuming it will more than likely go to that game 5. We had 5 straight weeks of episodes then it was a repeat last week. If they showed a new episode last night and if there IS a game 5 this coming Monday- then we would have repeat, new episode, repeat. I think that stinks. Not to mention that we would probably have another repeat thrown in someone in November. Doing it this way- 5 straight episodes, 3 weeks off, then at least 5 more straight episodes- makes sense to me. Throwing in unneccesary repeats as you say is a part of the game. It’s going to happen either way, so I prefer it this way. You don’t have to agree. I don’t know how to make it any clearer than that.

15. Celyn says:

No mention of Beauty and the Beast?? Disappointed.

• Lauren says:

They have a blue link to an awesome video. Try not to be inconsiderate, TVline doesn’t ignore our show like other sights.

• Celyn says:

Excuse me. I wasn’t being inconsiderate I simply didn’t see the link. I know that TVLine doesn’t ignore them which is why I was surprised to not see them listed among the recommended shows to watch.

16. Susan says:

Really looking forward to seeing Joshua Gomez on Castle. Loved him as part of the CHUCK cast.

17. Astrid says:

BONES <3

18. Tran 2.0 says:

Blacklist. On Demand: Hostages.

19. Mary says:

HIMYM, DWTS, Castle!
    And take a look at Bones.

20. Jared says:

Hart of Dixie
    Beauty & the Beast
    Sleepy Hollow
    Castle

21. eric' says:

DWTS
    HIMYM
    Hostages
    Blacklist

22. Andy says:

HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Hostages, The Blacklist, Castle, and Bones

23. barbara says:

at last tonite the wedding!!!!!! i can’t wait only nine hours to go. then castle i also liked him on chuck i miss that show. not happy bones won’t be on next week so said tvguide. then moving to fri nites.

24. Barb says:

Castle (although already watched online), Blacklist and Bones. Sleepy Hollow is a repeat (if it is airing) so that’s off.

25. Steve says:

Bones
    Hostages
    The Blacklist
    Castle

26. Brandy says:

2 Broke Girls,HoD,BatB

27. Katie says:

Will be watching HIMYM and Hostages. Re: HIMYM, wondering why this is the first we’ve heard about Ted bringing a date to the wedding? He didn’t drive up with her and clearly doesn’t go back with her… the whole thing seems off to me.

28. John 1138 says:

HIMYM eps are dangerously teetering on the edge of “filler” for my taste. More of The Mother would be a step back from that cliff.

Bones, HoD, 2BG and Blacklist.

29. Rita Sioros says:

I am so excited! It is going to be great. Cyndi singing, I hope it is at the reception. I wish it was on for longer than an hour. Especially, since it is going off for 2 to 3 weeks for World Series. So, we have to wait. EXCITED!!!!!!!

30. Justin says:

Bones, the Blacklist, and 2 Broke Girls

31. MP says:

FYI for CW viewers in the NYC Metro area…Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast will be preempted by the Giants game. Again. Sigh. They will both be shown on Saturday night. I have Cablevision, but last time this happeneed a poster with Fios told me she was affected, also.

• angelcake says:

Yup.Hi again (*waves*) ..Football again on Fios too. Definitely regional as opposed to by cable system. Isn’t there enough football on? I don’t remember this ever happening on CW before, that their nightly programming is preempted for sports locally..Put this Football on UPN (or whatever that channel now is, Mytv?) No one watches it and its all old repeats of old shows anyway.

Blech..who can we complain to?

32. A says:

Bones all the way, catch up on HIMYM tomorrow.

33. Kavyn says:

Sleepy Hollow and the CBS comedies.

34. LL624 says:

My must-sees tonight are Castle and BATB. I usually DVR Sleepy Hollow, but it’s a repeat. And I’ll catch up on the Blacklist online later.

35. Emma says:

Bones, Castle, and DVR blacklist

36. Lois says:

Can’t wait for Bones tonight…..will have a glass of champagne to celebrate along with the show!

37. G says:

Hart of Dixie, HIMYM, Mom, DWTS, and The Black List.

38. Sable says:

Castle, Blacklist, and Mom for me, plus Dancing With the Stars on record..

39. Jenna says:

Bones!
    The Blacklist

Missing a new SH. :(

40. bobbie says:

Bones! Blacklist, Castle

41. Rich Abey says:

Definitely time warping with ‘Castle’ on Monday night. Have been time warping with Castle on Monday nights for the past 4 years! Here’s to the best Castle season ever!