ABC Family Sets Return Dates/Marathons for Liars, The Fosters, Switched at Birth and Twisted

ABC Family 2014 Premieer DatesThe new year will bring shiny new episodes of four ABC Family series.

The cabler announced on Monday that Pretty Little Liars will resume its fourth season on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 8/7c, preceded by an eight-hour marathon. (A special Halloween episode airs this Tuesday at 8.)

VIDEO | Pretty Little Liars Halloween Exclusive: The Hunt for Alison Is On – Plus: A ‘Huge’ Surprise!

Season 1B of the freshman drama Twisted will lead out of PLL on Jan. 7, with its own catch-up marathon airing Jan. 1, from 11 am to 6 pm.

RELATED | Tyler Blackburn Talks Liars Farewell, Spooky Ravenswood, Why ‘It’s Not the End’ for ‘Haleb’

On Monday, Jan. 13, Switched at Birth opens Season 3 at 8 pm, leading out of an eight-hour marathon. The Fosters‘ Season 1B premiere follows at 9 pm, while its own marathon will air New Year’s Eve from 11 to 6.

RELATED | ABC Family Renews The Fosters for Season 2

Comments (32)

• love all of those shows except twisted. can’t wait to have PLL, Switched and the Fosters back :) :) :)

Comment by Elyse – October 21, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m shamefully addicted to Twisted. I can’t help it LOL Never watched PLL but I’m going to check out Ravenswood. And loved The Fosters.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 21, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i watched the first episode of Twisted and i just couldn’t get into it. i am one of those girls who is annoyingly addicted to PLL though so i’m pretty excited about Ravenswood. i hope its good!

Comment by Elyse – October 21, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well I always give shows at least 2-3 episodes before I write it off. If I didn’t do that I wouldn’t be watching Chicago Fire and that’s one of my favorite shows, but the pilot sucked :-) Tonight I’ll be watching the third ep of WOEE and if it doesn’t grab me then I’m out. So far it’s just not my thing and there’s to much really great television to choose from. Same issue with Marvels, not sure I’m gonna hang there either. I was told that you didn’t have to watch PLL to watch Ravenswood so I hope that’s true. The previews look good.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 21, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’ve found myself being really harsh on shows lately. I think I just watch so many already that I don’t always give them the 2-3 episodes to try and win me over! I did give Marvels 3 episodes to win me over and it didn’t happen so I had to cut it from my line up! biggest disappointment of the fall season for sure.

Comment by Elyse – October 21, 2013 01:54 PM PDT
  • Bunheads? When?

p.s. yes, I know it isn’t but I can wish…

Comment by qweel – October 21, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for The Fosters to come back. Serious withdrawal!

Comment by Columbus – October 21, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you know when they will air the Christmas episodes of Baby Daddy and Melissa & Joey?

Comment by abz – October 21, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wednesday, December 11.

Comment by Christian – October 21, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PRETTY LITTLE LIARS

Comment by eric' – October 21, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC Family has some of the best programming. Like seriously Switched at Birth and Fosters! Ugh awesome. PLL is great too but in a different way lol

Comment by Liz – October 21, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Twisted and can not wait for it to come back!
    So that means that we get Ravenswood for a couple months and then Twisted!

Comment by sarah – October 21, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for The Fosters to come back! Poor Callie has been missing for months now! ;-)

Comment by Aimee – October 21, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait fro PLL,Switched & Fosters

Comment by Brandy – October 21, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooo excited for the returns of PLL, Twisted and The Fosters I <3 all 3 shows !!! also cant wait for the marathons too bc i only have the last 5 episodes of The Fosters the last 5 or 6 of s4 of PLL and the last 5 of Twisted on my DVR so this gives me a chance to record the missing ones :). I watched sab before and got into for a while then i just kinda lost interest its too complicated now way too much drama

Comment by anonomous – October 21, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Netflix has the shows

Comment by Dustylee – October 24, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay would someone please tell me what is “PLL”? I really never heard of that before. Thank you.

Comment by Rosemarie – October 22, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty Little Liars

Comment by Julie – October 23, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you Julie….I wuld ofnever thought of that!

Comment by Rosemarie – October 23, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need more of The Fosters. Fell in love with the show. I can’t wait till Jan. My boyfriend and I are hooked.

Comment by Dustylee – October 24, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey abc fam, give me back my bunheads. :-(

Comment by iamkessuki23tw – October 24, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOOD LUCKY

Comment by CHARLES KIPKOECH LANGAT – October 25, 2013 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant wait till PLLs come back right along with the fosters an twisted love them also the show Ravenswood is good too

Comment by tiffany – November 11, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I freaking love twisted and can’t wait until it comes back on in an so hating how Danny and Jo are I really thought they were gonna be an item bit him and lacy but hey I guess I gotta wait n see! !!

Comment by tweety – November 24, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love swtiched at birth! I can’t wait for it to come back especially since I’m working on ASL. I also love twisted and the fosters! I just can not wait for these shows to return! So excited!

Comment by Terri – December 31, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twisted is amazing is season 2 out yet? Or is 1b like the continuence of season 1?

Comment by chris – December 31, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched episode and surprisingly I liked it and think all leads are well casted. I am wondering why Danny killed his aunt to protect Jo and such and please tell me it is not because she is his sister because that would just be horrible and not a real good read to commit murder at ten or eleven and I hope they come up with something more original. I am rooting for No and Danny romance because he also goes to her for everything and can speak openly and Jo has been there for him through everything. I think the lady investigator is involved in Regina’s murder and I am hoping Danny didn’t kill her because again not original and such. I also like how the writers are portraying Danny as vague in some areas because you don’t know if he is a sociopath or not. It also goes to show how cases can be mishandled if someone focuses on someone too early or prejudice or other items that make them miss things or evidence that may point them in a different direction. What info did his aunt have that would destroy d Danny’s family? I don’t think Regina was having an affair with Danny’s dad because it would make her argument with the woman in the car seem pointless. Plus the apt seemed like a front and the guy didn’t seem to see anyone go in there before. Is Jo’s mom having an affair with Danny’s dad? I hope not but maybe people planned things and I don’t think KAren is a complete Angel but she is out of the loop on some stuff. She wouldn’t have to blackmail her boss to get money to run away from the police with her son. Jo’s dad should think this new evidence is convenient and suspicious especially being found in the lake where the necklace was thrown in. Does KAren love her son or feel guilty because she always desired a girl and loved Jo? Interesting show especially for the channel it is on.

Comment by Shannon – January 18, 2014 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny how No is often left out and when something is needed or help they go back to her. That is not very good friends and such. I wonder if we will get new information on what Danny did in juvenile detention and how his life was like in there. I am surprised they aren’t making Danny see a therapist or saw one while in juvenile detention. I wonder if vikram had a hand in making sure the house couldn’t be sold and maybe there is more to the house than meets the eye. I like that Karen is smart because she figured out her boss’s scam. I am hoping for a jo and Danny romance but not holding my breath when he basically stated he was in love with lacey and couldn’t get involved with her. Funny how Danny doesn’t want to hurt Jo but keeps hurting anyway.

Comment by Shannon – January 18, 2014 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love the fosters i hope its on abc family for along long time love it .it deal with real life now a days and people need to watch and get their heads out of their but and think for there self who they are and not bye other people through people need to judge for their self not by others

Comment by dora – March 14, 2014 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post