Video: Beauty and the Beast Stars on 'Shattered' Cat, a 'Warmer' Vincent and an 'Oh $#*!' Moment

Beauty and the Beast SpoilersThe CW’s Beauty and the Beast, which already got fans a-frettin’ when Catherine found her MIA love sans his memory, amplified that angst in Season 2’s second episode by having Vincent beast out on his beauty, lobbing her across the very rooftop where happier times have taken place.

RELATED | Beauty and the Beast Season 2: A Reset Romance, Daddy Issues and an Emotional Exit

Sure, their scary encounter came on the heels of a far sexier one, as Cat and Vincent tried to jog his noggin with some bed-rocking, but still — Catherine’s world is left “shattered,” as Kristin Kreuk explains in this video Q&A held before the show’s New York Comic-Con panel.

RELATED | Good News for The CW’s New Dramas The Originals, Tomorrow People and Reign

With Season 2 continuing Monday at 9/8c, press PLAY to hear more from Kreuk and leading man Jay Ryan about salvaging this TV romance, whether Vincent’s deadly new agenda is perhaps a “noble” one, if Gabe can be trusted or not and the “Oh s–t!” moment of discovery looming on the horizon.

1. Samson says:

Thanks so much Matt and TVLine for this wonderful Beauty and the Beast interview! OMG can’t wait for Monday’s new episode looks amazing! I love Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan’s chemistry. You can see they get along fabulously love the teasing! Great show!

2. SuzieQ says:

Wonderful interview. Lots of insight. Interesting how Cat’s “new” Dad will impact them both so much, mostly in a bad way. Can’t wait to see how that story unfolds. Jay and Kristin are so fun to listen to. They both show such passion for their characters and the story lines. This season has gotten off to a great start. Thanks for posting this from the NYCC!

3. jutka says:

Thank You! Thank You! So nice of you to share.
    That was so great! The best interview out of NYCC.
    Great Spoilers.

4. Cindy Gomez says:

Great questions…great interview. Thanks Matt!

5. Thanks for a great interview Jay n Kristin are so down to earth,This season is gonna be awesome and full of surprises,if you not watching give it a go.Cannot understand why people aint watching after so many great reviews.#BatB Love everything about it

6. Kat Keller says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love them and the show – best EVER!!!!! ^^

7. Enjoyed this interview. Can’t wait to watch how everything unfolds with Vincent and Catherine in Beauty and the Beast which by the way is my absolute favorite show!

8. Pamela Sayers says:

Thank you for this interview! Season 2 is exciting! Interesting to see Catherine and Vincent on their journey…

9. vincat says:

THE BEST SHOW EVER!!

10. Beth says:

Thank you for this interview. I am looking forward to seeing how Vincent makes amends with Catherine but now I am super interested in the whole mystery about Catherine’s real father and how he is linked to Vincent. This season is much sharper, more action and more suspenseful. I hope more people give it a try I think they would really enjoy the new direction of the show.

11. Ina says:

Thanks for this great interview! It’s obvious they like working together, I’m sure the whole cast and crew does. And it pays of on screen. It’s an amazing show and it definitely deserves more viewers. Season 2 got lots of great reviews so if you’re not watching yet (which I really don’t understand) give it a go! I’ve never been this hooked on a TV show!

12. Zouza says:

Thank you for the interview, great questions, to the point and shows you have solid background info. Beasties are really looking to see how Vincent makes up for what he did. As usual #BATB never disappoints thrilling leaving us always wanting for MORE!!

13. ivus says:

Thank you so much! i cannot wait for Liar,Liar episode !! i love this show!! vincent + catherine forever.

14. Mercedes says:

First let me say that I do not know English , so the translation may not be correct . I beg your pardon .
    I wanted to say that I completely agree .
    “Beauty and the Beast” is a series that has managed to attract a significant number of extremely loyal followers , extremely active and extremely dumps with the program. A number of fans that is growing constantly .
    There are many people that when they see BATB get hooked to the series forever.
    There are certainly many good series, and I think BATB is one of them .
    People who see, that continue the development of the story, check that
    BATB offers everything.
    Provides entertainment and excitement, offers action and passion, love and friendship, concern and doubt, also offers something of darkness and uncertainty. Also wit, smile and grace. It has a great strength.
    It has a great team that does a great job .
    It has light, a lovely light playing as a character. It has some great actors playing their role well: great Jay Ryan, who knows how to put a question in his eyes intense and a bit tragic, Kristen Kreuk, who brings a brittle hardness impressive, Austin Basis , owner of a magnificent gesture , Nina Lisandrello , which is pure power , etc …
    Has quick dialogue , sparkling , witty , witty , … fun up in the tragedy.
    Very good .

15. Thank you so much Matt for bringing this interviews about BATB! You’re BEASTIES HERO! Much appreciated :)
    This season is so amped up from last..So much in stake with such great actors to bring their characters to life! Worth a look if you haven’t experienced this show before! YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!

16. MONI says:

Beauty and the Beast S2, after interview I am more interested in watch the show, besides the chemistry between Vincent and Catherine and behin the scenes it’s also incredible… so we are interesting everyweek what’s going on with this cople, although the will be discover who they are apart, finally they’re been together, and I really like it, because in general series change a lot now this guy is with this …..and another ….

17. Grande intervista I love #batb ne vorrei delle altre loro sono unici JayStin for ever

18. Maggie says:

Great interview with this gr8 couple as always! Can’t wait for the OMG moment when V finds out who Bob really is……and so much more! This is an awesome show and the reality and facts are that it is ever so popular and loved not only in USA/Canada but WORLDWIDE . This is what makes it different from the rest of the shows. The ratings system is unrealistic viz-a-viz to the ACTUAL number of viewers. Roll on BATB!

• Fran Dixon says:

Yes, thank you it is not the premature stupid ratings BATB is the best show on and the only show I look forward to watching it keeps you wanting more and more of Vincent and Cat they are truly amazing great actors their chemistry is so beautiful to watch they really make you believe they are the characters and are truly in love. This is what acting is and what actors are supposed to do in a show so they are so delivering week to week so please give them a chance to continue to redevelop their relationship which is so beautiful to watch. The storyline is great !!! Love this show and Jay and Kristin. Thank you, fran

19. che belliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii#batb

20. Mickey says:

Thanks for sharing all this exciting stuff, Matt, and btw, I love how you write in such a colorful and fun style, like “Cat and Vincent tried to jog his noggin with some bed-rocking.” :)

21. Bren says:

Thanks Matt for such a great insite into such a wonderful show, I love your colorful wording, it leads me to believe you’re a Beastie, I love it, Thanks!!!!

22. Danielle says:

Thanks!! Great interview. Love the show!! #batb

23. Jo says:

The ‘oh s#!+’ moment already came Tuesday morning when they saw their 0.3 Neilsen rating.

24. Ashley says:

Fantastic interview! Great spoilers for what sounds like an amazing season! I recently discovered BATB and I had the entire first season watched in 3 days. I couldn’t stop! I fell in love with the characters and stories. I was sick all week last week and this show was my one bright spot. There aren’t enough adjectives in the English language to describe how much I love this show!!!!!!!

25. Amanda says:

Gave this show a chance again this year, and it’s really become a good show. Too bad the network changed it to a brutal time slot. It has no chance there.

26. Nic says:

I just love this show. It’s my favorite show right now. The chemistry between those two is just palpable on the show and well evident in their interviews as well. I agree with Amanda, the timeslot they are in is brutal for sure (against powerhouses like DWTS, The Voice, Sleepy Hollow, Monday Night Football-just intense competition). The show has really improved a lot, too, although I always cared for it. I.can’t.get.enough.of.BATB.

27. Diana says:

Great interview! Love this show and can’t understand why it hasn’t been able to attract a larger audience. Thanks for helping to get the word out!

28. Shannon says:

Love the show and do not trust gabe. Did you see how Gabe let the girl go with the other stranger without a second glance or hey wait a minute? He is still too sketchy and waiting for more explanation. I like how Tess and Jt have found common ground and bonded a little.

29. Madge says:

Love this interview! Jay and Kristin have such great chemistry. We’re only in ep 3 of Season 2 and already BATB is showing great writing, mixed with action and drama! Thanks to Brad Kern for bringing fresh ideas and beastier Vincent!

30. Penny. Thank you for the scoop on Beauty and the Beast. So looking forward to new season. says:

Thank you so much for the interview! Love this show! Thank you for keeping us in touch with the latest on BATB. Anxiously await each episode!

31. Shannon says:

I love the show. The moment of oh my gosh was perfect and very well executed just like in the first season. Gab is still a beast, but in more control or has beast qualities like hyper hearing which is training on Cat and Vincent. Why is people going after the beasts and muirfield? It seems like Tucker was doing the work and reynolds wa sleft out of the loop whcih seems odd and suspcious. Keep up the good show and writing love all the actors and love Cat being able to kick some butt. Glad so far about everything regarding the show. Ooh Gabe is funny but still do not trust him.

32. Diana C. says:

Thanks, Matt, for your insightful interview. As we all know, Beauty and the Beast’s first season was hampered from the start by scathing critical reviews, yet it somehow managed to garner a passionate fan base which helped secure a second season. Over the hiatus the showrunners made some changes which have resulted in a stronger, more tightly written show that has been lauded by critics and fans alike. Season 2 is a perfect blend of romance, action, pathos, humor and intrigue.

Unfortunately, the ratings are still abysmal thanks in part to: (1) a ridiculously challenging time slot which includes The Voice, Dancing With the Stars, breakout hit Sleepy Hollow, The Big Bang Theory and Monday Night Football; (2) pre-emptions in major markets like NYC and Chicago; (3) less-than-enthusiastic promotion by the CW (compared to the coverage all its other shows—even Hart of Dixie–has received); (4) the residual perception that Beauty and the Beast is a bad show (thanks to the aforementioned scathing critical reviews from last season).

This season’s improved writing and production values—and the undeniable chemistry of Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan and a great supporting cast—have yielded a strong show that just needs time to grow its audience as word spreads about the new and improved Beauty and the Beast. Whether this growth will occur on Monday nights is questionable, but maybe the CW could consider giving Beauty and the Beast a shot on another night? After all, Reign was arguably the CW’s most heavily promoted freshman show—the CW even ordered three additional scripts before the show made its debut—yet its premiere was down 33% from Beauty and the Beast’s debut in the same time slot last fall. And Reign was actually pretty well-received by critics.

If you and your fellow TVLiners agree that BATB is a decent show worthy of a second shot at building an audience, would you be willing to help spread the word? It would be great if TVLine could recap a few episodes or maybe even do a feature analyzing whether BATB is indeed new and improved and worth a look. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all you do! I’ve been reading you guys since your TV Guide/EW days and am so happy for your success!

33. mika says:

BATB best show ever, I am so hooked. Jay and Kristin best chemistry ever. Please help us get more viewers, trust me they won’t regret it.

34. SEO says:

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of space .

Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site.
    Studying this information So i am happy to show that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed.
    I most surely will make sure to do not forget this site and give it a glance on a relentless basis.

35. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here!

Good luck for the next!