Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers from Big Bang, Scandal, SVU, Arrow, Good Wife, Mindy and More!

Get More: Lists, Photo Gallery

Television: It’s not just for watching anymore — it’s also for quoting!

RELATED | Brooklyn Nine-Nine Scores Touchdown, Snags Full-Season Pick-Up and Post-Super Bowl Berth

That’s why TVLine is now in Week 2 of a new Sunday feature, Quotes of the Week, packed with the best one-liners from the small screen over the last seven days.

RELATED | NBC Sets Community Return, Cancels Two Freshman Series

This week we’ve got a jaw-dropper from Scandal, an insider misspeak on Law & Order: SVU, a confession on The View you might want to forget immediately after reading and much more. So click through the gallery below for our first batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add any zingers we’ve inevitably missed!

Comments (33)

• “Did we just marry the devil? Because I don´t know if I´m down with that” Zoe on American Horror Story Coven

Comment by Flaw – October 20, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Lots of good AHS zingers this week, disappointed not to see at least one here!

Comment by Faster – October 20, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity’s Freudian slip about spending the night with Oliver should have been the top Arrow quote. I love Felicity’s little “oops” moments!

Comment by Doug Click – October 20, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the fact that she said : ” three two one ” just after her slip

Comment by Jules – October 20, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing from Callie on Grey’s Anatomy? Her whole conversation with Owen about rebounding to the McDreamys was great.

Comment by Marianne – October 20, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yo sigo “Beauty and the Beast”. Fantática, emocionante, entretenida, …

Comment by Mercedes – October 20, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mindy Project:

Morgan: Tamara, you look like Christie Brinkley in that dress.
    Tamara: I know Morgan, GOD!

That was the best quote of the week. The delivery was flawless.

Comment by margo – October 20, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Know im a little off topic but Felicity looked amazing in that scene with that dress!

Comment by Evan – October 20, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t No. 15 to reminiscent about Orphan Black’s Clone Club rule Number 1, “Don’t tell anyone about Clone Club”?

Comment by Lea – October 20, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s also a reference to fight club. the first rule of fight club is you don’t talk about fight club.

Comment by madhatter360 – October 20, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s the second rule of Fight Club as well.

Comment by Steven C. Plagman – October 20, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 1st rule : You do not talk about Fight Club.
        2nd rule : You DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
        What a great film. I miss Edward Norton on the big screen (no connection here)

Comment by Jules – October 20, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There have been some pretty good quotes in tv this week.

Comment by tp – October 20, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Skipped Castle again? That show has had quite a few gems this season and this week was no different.

Beckett: “Does that mean you’re my sugar daddy?” Priceless.

Castle: “Cheeseburgers!” (said very Capt. hammer-ish)

Comment by DarkDefender – October 20, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! The “Sugar Daddy” comment from Kate was just priceless. I just couldn’t stop giggling like a little girl along with my cousin for quite some time!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 20, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Eli’s response was, “I disagree.”

Comment by Tim – October 20, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He said “I agree”. I remember laughing at that line

Comment by Sara – October 20, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes to witches of Eastend and Bellamy young

Comment by Fernando – October 20, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think best quote of the week goes to Katherine in TVD:

“Like I really want to spend hours in the car with America’s most boring, self-righteous vampire.”

Comment by Babybop – October 20, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who watched and loved Homicide religiously (NYPD who?) That SVU line gave me a great laugh, closure and completely nailed it! Thank you, Munch and Beltzer!

Comment by Jennifer – October 20, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite was on The Big Bang Theory, when Penny says something about a woman, and Bernadette and Amy just stare at her, and she says, “That’s right, my smart phone is just as smart as you guys are.”

Comment by Cathy – October 20, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Mindy Project quote was hilarious. Also probably their best episode yet?

Comment by woodyinho – October 20, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I lol’d at her Rachel McAdams google alert comment. Great episode. This show is improving so much. Wish the ratings were better. :/

Comment by Jenna – October 20, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve stopped watching because the first two eps of the season were terrible. Has it improved?

Comment by Apples – October 21, 2013 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture from the modern family episode is creepy looking. Did it appear on tv that way?

Comment by Lr – October 20, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Sleepy Hollow. “What is this impenetrable barrier around this instrument?” – Ichabod Crane. That moment was hilarious. Totally should have been included.

Comment by Emily – October 20, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have to include Abby’s deadpan answer, “It’s called plastic” and the look on Ichabod’s face when she said it. Priceless.

Comment by sladewilson – October 21, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The SVU quote, hands down. No other moment on TV last week made me cry.

Comment by Laura E. – October 20, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When it comes it comes to great quotes in OUAT, its ‘Super-Evil, Pre-Curse’ Rumple who reigns supreme over ‘Just-Evil, Post-Curse’ Rumple. “Roast-Swan” indeed!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 20, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved that SVU quote. Thanks for including it. :)

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 20, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I just heard a doozy of a line on Masters of Sex for next week if you like. :) Virginia’s ex-husband offers to watch “her” kids and says she can pay him the same amount she pays her girl, and she screams at him, “I am not paying you to babysit your own children, George Johnson!!”

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 20, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bellamy Young’s entire scene was epic. When she tells Fitz, “it’s Hooch.” and then reminds him that he called her father a hillbilly. OMG, I was laughing from that point until she stumbled out the room… Awesome scene…

Comment by sladewilson – October 21, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! It was refreshing to see her have a human moment. Nothing like getting drunk because you’re sad that your hubs is having an affair lol

Comment by BriDeSi – October 22, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post