Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers from Big Bang, Scandal, SVU, Arrow, Good Wife, Mindy and More!

Television: It’s not just for watching anymore — it’s also for quoting!

RELATED | Brooklyn Nine-Nine Scores Touchdown, Snags Full-Season Pick-Up and Post-Super Bowl Berth

That’s why TVLine is now in Week 2 of a new Sunday feature, Quotes of the Week, packed with the best one-liners from the small screen over the last seven days.

RELATED | NBC Sets Community Return, Cancels Two Freshman Series

This week we’ve got a jaw-dropper from Scandal, an insider misspeak on Law & Order: SVU, a confession on The View you might want to forget immediately after reading and much more. So click through the gallery below for our first batch of honorees, then hit the comments to weigh in on your faves — and add any zingers we’ve inevitably missed!

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Lists, Photo Gallery

1. Flaw says:

“Did we just marry the devil? Because I don´t know if I´m down with that” Zoe on American Horror Story Coven

2. Doug Click says:

Felicity’s Freudian slip about spending the night with Oliver should have been the top Arrow quote. I love Felicity’s little “oops” moments!

3. Marianne says:

Nothing from Callie on Grey’s Anatomy? Her whole conversation with Owen about rebounding to the McDreamys was great.

4. Mercedes says:

Yo sigo “Beauty and the Beast”. Fantática, emocionante, entretenida, …

5. margo says:

Mindy Project:

Morgan: Tamara, you look like Christie Brinkley in that dress.
    Tamara: I know Morgan, GOD!

That was the best quote of the week. The delivery was flawless.

6. Evan says:

I Know im a little off topic but Felicity looked amazing in that scene with that dress!

7. Lea says:

Isn’t No. 15 to reminiscent about Orphan Black’s Clone Club rule Number 1, “Don’t tell anyone about Clone Club”?

8. tp says:

There have been some pretty good quotes in tv this week.

9. DarkDefender says:

Skipped Castle again? That show has had quite a few gems this season and this week was no different.

Beckett: “Does that mean you’re my sugar daddy?” Priceless.

Castle: “Cheeseburgers!” (said very Capt. hammer-ish)

• Rich Abey says:

Exactly! The “Sugar Daddy” comment from Kate was just priceless. I just couldn’t stop giggling like a little girl along with my cousin for quite some time!

10. Tim says:

I thought Eli’s response was, “I disagree.”

11. Fernando says:

Yes to witches of Eastend and Bellamy young

12. Babybop says:

I still think best quote of the week goes to Katherine in TVD:

“Like I really want to spend hours in the car with America’s most boring, self-righteous vampire.”

13. Jennifer says:

As someone who watched and loved Homicide religiously (NYPD who?) That SVU line gave me a great laugh, closure and completely nailed it! Thank you, Munch and Beltzer!

14. Cathy says:

My favorite was on The Big Bang Theory, when Penny says something about a woman, and Bernadette and Amy just stare at her, and she says, “That’s right, my smart phone is just as smart as you guys are.”

15. woodyinho says:

That Mindy Project quote was hilarious. Also probably their best episode yet?

16. Lr says:

That picture from the modern family episode is creepy looking. Did it appear on tv that way?

17. Emily says:

What about Sleepy Hollow. “What is this impenetrable barrier around this instrument?” – Ichabod Crane. That moment was hilarious. Totally should have been included.

18. Laura E. says:

The SVU quote, hands down. No other moment on TV last week made me cry.

19. Rich Abey says:

When it comes it comes to great quotes in OUAT, its ‘Super-Evil, Pre-Curse’ Rumple who reigns supreme over ‘Just-Evil, Post-Curse’ Rumple. “Roast-Swan” indeed!

20. Britta Unfiltered says:

I loved that SVU quote. Thanks for including it. :)

• Britta Unfiltered says:

And I just heard a doozy of a line on Masters of Sex for next week if you like. :) Virginia’s ex-husband offers to watch “her” kids and says she can pay him the same amount she pays her girl, and she screams at him, “I am not paying you to babysit your own children, George Johnson!!”

21. sladewilson says:

Bellamy Young’s entire scene was epic. When she tells Fitz, “it’s Hooch.” and then reminds him that he called her father a hillbilly. OMG, I was laughing from that point until she stumbled out the room… Awesome scene…

• BriDeSi says:

Me too! It was refreshing to see her have a human moment. Nothing like getting drunk because you’re sad that your hubs is having an affair lol