Scoop: Breaking Bad Villainess Joins ABC's Limited Series Black Box

Get More: Casting News

Laura Fraser The Black BoxBreaking Bad‘s drug-pushing, camomile tea-swilling menace is headed to ABC.

Laura Fraser, aka Bad girl Lydia, has joined the network’s limited series The Black Box as a series regular, TVLine has learned.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

The 13-episode drama centers on Elizabeth Black (Kelly Reilly), a world-renowned neuroscientist who is constantly haunted by her own struggle with mental illness.

Fraser plays Regan Black, the wife of  Elizabeth’s brother, Joshua (David Chisum).

The cast also includes Oscar winner Vanessa Redgrave as Dr. Hartramph, Elizabeth’s psychiatrist and the keeper of all of her secrets.

Comments (6)

• Glad she’ll be back on tv soon. I can’t wait to see her on the show.

Comment by Joey – October 18, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her since ‘Single Father’ opposite David Tennant and Suranne Jones.

Comment by Apples – October 18, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STEVIA….. that’s all I can say!! LOL. Glad she has a new gig. She seems to be a very good actress.

Comment by JBC – October 18, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve always found Lydia an intriguing character on Breaking Bad and thought the actress looked familiar but never knew her name. I looked up Laura Fraser and discovered she is Scottish, something I didn’t know, and that I’ve seen her in 3 movies I liked: A Knight’s Tale, Vanilla Sky and 16 Years of Alcohol. I’ll probably give Black Box a try when it airs.

Comment by DanielleZ – October 18, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lydia was simply a very compelling character with her minor ticks and eccentricities. I’m definitely excited for this new show, especially with Redgrave in it as well.

Comment by John – October 19, 2013 01:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!! I love Laura Fraser and very excited to see her in a new gig!

Comment by Arminda Figueroa – October 19, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post