Should New Girl Jess Jilt Nick? Is Rumple Hiding Thor's Hammer? Your Coven 'Wish'? And More Qs

RevengeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Walking Dead, New Girl, Law & Order: SVU and Arrow!

1 | Where is Haven’s Jordan currently ranking amongst TV’s Most Annoying Characters? Above or below Castle’s Pi? (On a happier note: Yea, Audrey’s back!)

2 | Even though Revenge‘s Margaux is wearing a bit thin, wasn’t it nice to see her bring out a smile in the usually dour Jack? And did we hear correctly when the promos touted the Hampton’s hottest “love rhombus“? SAT-word alert!

RELATED | Spoilers for The Good Wife, The Mentalist, Glee, H50, Arrow, Bates Motel and More

3 | How did Masters of Sex get those bunnies to perform on command? And is Virginia’s bespectacled young son the cutest kid in all of primetime?

4 | Is every season of Homeland now going to be about Brody as a hostage in a foreign country, sort of like when Prison Break ran out of things to do and locked its protagonists in a different prison? Did anyone else get flashbacks to Six Feet Under‘s David-kidnapped-in-a-van episode during this Brody-suffering-in-Venezuela installment?Once Upon a Time Thor Hammer

5 | As a Once Upon a Time fan asked at the New York Comic-Con screening/panel: Was that Thor’s hammer in Rumplestiltskin’s closet? And did some people actually not pick up on the Mulan subtext during her Season 2 scenes, let alone in her Season 3 premiere heart-to-heart with Neal?

6 | Did The Walking Dead‘s Michonne start hitting the Prozac between seasons?

PHOTOS | Walking Dead: 10 Characters From the Comic We Want to Meet

7 | Can we pretty please have a Tampa-set Boardwalk Empire spin-off about ‘gator-fighting? Swampland Empire, anyone?

8 | Did you spy Katie Holmes’ (digitally inserted) Slutty Pumpkin on this week’s How I Met Your Mother? And who do you think is in Stuart’s shower?

9 | Did guest star Tom Amandes come over to Castle from Scandal in the Jack Coleman trade?

10 | Is there any possible reason — other than overt ageism — that The Voice coaches failed to use their “Steals” on Donna Allen, after her rip-roaring cover of “Next to Me”?

New Girl11 | Admit it: If New Girl‘s Jess were your bestie, wouldn’t you tell her to dump Nick ASAP – especially after this week’s inheritance-blowing fiasco?

12 | As much as we liked the idea of Trophy Wife Kate not totally abandoning her party-girl past, wasn’t her BFF Meg’s tone-deafness — walking topless through the yard and house, vomiting in Warren’s slippers — too thuddingly obvious, even by sitcom standards?

RELATED | ABC’s The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife Get Order For Additional Scripts

13 | Charlie Hunnam drops out of Fifty Shades of Grey due to his immersive Sons of Anarchy schedule the same week Jax delivers a marathon 11-minute monologue to his SAMCRO brothers — coincidence?

14 | For those Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. viewers with rugrats at home, how funny was it to see A.N.T. Farm‘s goofy Zoltan Grundy (aka actor Dominic Burgess) play this week’s biggish bad? (Does he only work on shows with acronyms in the title?) And what are the odds that both S.H.I.E.L.D. and Criminal Minds this week featured nefarious plots to embed a camera inside someone’s eyeball?

15 | Did this Chicago PD casting news dampen the big Revolutiontwist with Jesse Lee Soffer’s character?

16 | Revolution fans: What the hell happened here?!

PHOTOS | Arrow Meets Black Canary! Plus: Which Season 1 Villain Is Returning?

17 | Arrow fans, is there a Tumblr or something out there keeping a list of Felicity’s glorious verbal boners a la “I love spending the night with you”? (That said, can we please not degrade the brainiac by pouring her into too-tight work dresses?)

18 | The Tomorrow People‘s teleporting effect: Pretty damn cool for a small TV show, yes?

19 | “What’s your wish, witch?” Is the answer A) more Lange/Bassett scenes on American Horror Story: Coven, B) to get that on a T-shirt or C) both?

20 | Is Once Upon a Time in Wonderland leading us down a primrose path with the Knave’s mention of his true love Anastasia, seeing as she’s a 20th Century Fox property and likely would never appear on a Disney-centric series?

21 | Who got the juiciest Vampire Diaries Season 5 challenge: Paul Wesley or (finally) Zach Roerig?

PHOTOS | The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Damon and Elena’s Historical Ball Costumes

22 | How daring of Grey’s Anatomy was it to have Cristina weigh in on the age-old “Can a woman have it all?” debate by flat-out telling Meredith — her person, no less — that she’d fallen behind as a surgeon as she rose to the chalenge of motherhood? Are we bad people if we agree that Stephanie is not worthy of Jackson? And did even the suggestion of her hooking up with Arizona make the otherwise-bland Leah 200 percent cooler by association?

Rachael Ray23 | Which Parks and Recreation fans out there freeze-framed the screen shots of Donna’s Twitter feed, to read her other True Blood-related “observations”?

24 | Has Rachael Ray ever seemed more giddy about a guest than during this Friday’s cooking segment with French culinary superstar Daniel Boulud?

25 | Why does Will Ferrell look like he’s wearing a rubber mask in those Ron Burgundy/SUV commercials?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Corinne says:

I would tell Jess to break up with Nick. I ship them but at the same time, that relationship is a mess!
    Felicity’s verbal boners are everywhere. I won’t complain about the dress, Emily looked awesome. My problem with Arrow’s wardrobe is that they somehow think someone who works with Laurel’s salary can afford to wear $1500 dresses in every scene. Felicity’s clothes can be a bit pricey too (not doubt Oliver will probably be paying her way overboard with her new “promotion,” though).

• Helvetica says:

For TV characters wearing clothes they could never really afford, see also: Kate Beckett and really, every other cop on TV. I think Felicity might actually make enough money to be able to dress like this since I definitely think Oliver will be paying her a lot more. But Laurel should not afford to – I don’t really understand how she can be a semi-part of the Tommy/Oliver rich people club since her dad’s a cop and she worked at CNRI and now at the DA’s office.

• Anne says:

Technically, not a lot is known of Laurel’s mom (in this show). It’s not impossible that Dinah Lance could be rich/come from money, hence enabling Laurel’s ridiculously expensive public servant wardrobe

• Helvetica says:

True, but when her mother re-appeared, Laurel wasn’t too happy about it and if I remember correctly, it was implied that they hadn’t seen each other since her parents got a divorce. Laurel also seemed to harbour a lot of resentment towards her mother, so I can’t imagine she would’ve taken any money from her, given the high morals she wants to stand for. But I suppose not all is meant to make sense in TV land :)

• Apples says:

Beckett comes from money, too. Both her parents were successful lawyers, and presumably she inherited a fair bit after her mom died.

• DarkDefender says:

Yes, it’s been established that Beckett comes from money.. She grew up in Manhattan, went to Stanford and well.. She’s a workaholic.. (All work, no play, not spending her money)
          —-
          First season.. She was bland and tomboyish and Castle had to buy her the dress for the charity ball. BUT After meeting Castle, she spent all her money on the wardrobe… Which we all love… Especially that dress she wore for the 1st Nikki Heat book launch.

• c-mo says:

Don’t forget her way fabulous pad, even with the insurance $$ from the one that blew up, her current pad (not Castle’s loft) would be an impossibility on a cop’s salary.

• Rich Abey says:

You guys got it spot on regarding Beckett’s actual budget & how she affords all those fabulous but expensive clothing. She did improve her wardrobe significantly after Castle ‘sneaked’ into her life! and yes that blue Herve Leger dress was to die for (and salivate over too..she looked scrumptious!)

• scooby says:

Beckett doesn’t “come from money” per se. Her dad seems comfortable and they had a middle class life from what I can tell, but her mom was helping the downtrodden. That doesn’t usually result in piles of cash even if the person manages to have regular work. Not all clients are quick to pay and not all can period. It’s a myth that lawyer = rich. Working for the government or non-profits doesn’t pay well. Neither does being a solo practitioner unless you’re out there hustling as an ambulance chaser. People can go to Stanford without being wealthy–they’re called student loans. She lied about York Prep and told Castle she really went to NYC public school. I’d think her parents would’ve sent her to a prep school if they could’ve. Beckett’s agog at the displays of wealth by Castle and feels she’s “just a cop.” If she’d traveled in monied circles she’d have more connections and less intimidation about her when it comes to stuff like that. I wouldn’t be shocked if she did inherit something from her mom enabling her to live a little better. It just wouldn’t be a Brinks truck full of money. Let’s call it what it is, she’s living single as a detective so money goes farther than it would if she had a family to support and there’s the whole ‘tv shows set in NYC take place in bigger apartments that they’d have in real life’ thing. Happens a lot, e.g. “Friends.” Gotta have room to shoot a show and look good so reality gets fudged.

• DarkDefender says:

Her parents lived in Manhattan even though her mom worked legal aid. They had money. But obviously, they didn’t have Castle’s kind of money (he is super rich, though arguably not mega rich, like James Patterson).

• Brian says:

Laurel’s dated 2 of the richest men in Starling City. I assume they’ve bought her lots of her clothes. I actually had that thought watching the episode and then realized that after dating Oliver and Tommy, she probably has a ton of stuff outside her means.

• scooby says:

Yeah I’d have told Nick and Jess to break up too. It felt like in that scene the only reason Jess didn’t was because the show doesn’t want her to. They took it past where they should’ve. It hit dealbreaker territory. Liz Lemon would shut that relationship down.

• dude says:

I highly doubt Oliver is paying for Felicity’s wardrobe. I’m really not happy with Felicity’s makeover. Did they really need to straighten her hair and pour her into designer dresses? It just makes her look like every other female character on television. Her messy hair and modest wardrobe were part of her charm.

2. Jen says:

On the Anastasia thing… technically, she was a real person, so why couldn’t they use her in the series?

• Matt says:

I was thinking of Cinderella’s stepsister. That could happen.

• Lisa Benwitz says:

Anastasia was one of the stepsisters’ names, and they did briefly show Ashley/Cinderella at the beginning of episode one. I’m thinking maybe Anastasia is also the annoying Red Queen, since the Knave of Hearts is usually her henchman.

• Lyria says:

I was thinking that as well, or she may be another character we haven’t seen yet. The White Queen maybe?

• Jodes says:

That’s exactly what I thought, one of Cinderella’s stepsisters, who after Cinderella received her HEA is living a life of poverty and wants to escape the Enchanted Forest for Wonderland where she can reinvent herself (as the Red Queen).

• liz says:

I was thinking the same. 20thCFox can’t have ownership over an actual person. lol. So OUAT could completely bring her into the storyline (and it would be cool). And I don’t believe there’s a licensing authority for the family either (I’m thinking of issues regarding LM Montgomery)

• Erika says:

Umm Anastasia is not Anne of Green Gables, so LM Montgomery is not a part of this. Anastasia was a Grand Duchess of Russia… brutally murdered along with her family in 1918. 20th Century Fox made a film about a woman who believed that she was Anastasia, there was animated remake many years later (which I’ll grant you, had decent music)…. and that’s likely the version of that “character” that they’re referencing. She is not a fairytale character and has no business being treated like one.

However, if they are referencing Cinderella’s stepsister (complete with Disney name)… that would fit a lot better within the scope that the show has been working from.

• Liz says:

Um DUH I know Anastasia is NOT related to LM Montgomery. I brought up the reference as a potentially similar situation. LMM is a real person and anything (I mean anything) having to due with her or her works has to go through the LMM licensing authority (which I know from having dealt with them on numerous occasions – which should be proof that I know Anastasia is not an LMM property, if basic common sense didn’t allude to that already, which clearly it did not).
          I brought her up as an EXAMPLE because I am not sure if there is a similar licensing authority for her and her family (whose history I do know). If so, then that would be the only impediment to bringing the character into the show. That’s all I meant.

3. the girl says:

11. Uh, yes.
    16. Right?? Awesome.
    19. Both. Definitely, definitely both.
    20. Does it have to be that Anastasia, or could it be someone else? Perhaps an original character?
    22. Cristina was SO RIGHT, and yes, while I was really hoping they didn’t hook up, I was kind of like, why haven’t I been paying attention to this Leah chick??
    25. Botox.

4. Helvetica says:

11. Yes. Nick is sometimes completely bonkers though he’s cute. But he’s a grown man who needs to grow up a bit, otherwise Jess’ father is right in that he can’t be trusted to make adult decisions and is only going to hurt Jess in the process.
    17. Not “a” Tumblr, more like Tumblr(e)s.
    —-
    26. Did anyone else think this week’s “Person of Interest” was eerily similar to the movie “Double Jeopardy” up until it was revealed they were both in on it?

5. CC says:

With regards to Stephanie and Jackson, I don’t even get that Jackson even cares about Stephanie all that much. She seems to be an afterthought for him. Besides, the actors don’t have much chemistry with each other.

• margo says:

I couldn’t agree more. They have no chemistry on screen, it’s so boring seeing them together. He couldn’t care less.

• Rich Abey says:

Agree..no chemistry. Plus I don’t see it being a long term relationship. Best if Shonda breaks them up. Isn’t it good to keep at least 1 guy at Shondaland single now that Alex is taken too?

• Jamie says:

Agreed. It seems like Jackson is with Stephanie just to be with someone easy and simple after all of the drama with April. But it drives me crazy because the actors have no chemistry. Meanwhile, Jesse Williams and Sarah Drew have chemistry out to wazoo.

6. aaj says:

Michonne has a better personality now! Yay for her!

• Eurisko says:

to me it fits the story. She has people more like herself around. (Rick, Daryl) She’s not stuck with the flake Andrea and walkers on chains.

7. Badpenny says:

Every character on New Girl seems to be off the wall insane this Season. I see no reason to ruin a good relationship, a relationship we have waited 2 years for, just because the writers were all stoned while writing so far this Season. Eventually the writers are going to figure out this Season that there is a difference between quirky and insane. It probably won’t happen until the ratings drop to 1.4 and the viewership drops to 2 million, but hopefully they will figure it out before that happens.

• LS says:

I agree it is really off the wall so far! It’s to the point where it’s uncomfortable to watch rather than funny.

• Helvetica says:

I hated Schmidt so much when he decided to break up Nick and Jess this season because it made no sense. He’s always been a bit over the top crazy but that was too much and he was so mean. I agree, it’s getting uncomfortable to watch.

• Meredith says:

So glad I’m not alone in not finding this season as funny as the past two. For me Winston has been the saving grace. Even though he’s probably acting the most insane I feel like his character’s personality wasn’t as well established in the past so it’s not as big a detour and can still be hilarious rather than awkward.

• Apples says:

I’ve stopped watching, the writers have ruined the show. Schmidt was my favourite character and the Schmidt/Cece relationship was my favourite thing about the show.

As it is now it is terrible. So many comedies I used to enjoy have turned crap this season (New Girl, The Mindy Project, Parks and Rec etc)

• Lea says:

I agree. I’m not sure what happened, especially after an amazing season 2. The characters are so over the top this season, it’s ridiculous. Like Wilson plotting to kill a cat, wtf?! I hope they turn things over quickly, it used to be one of my favorite shows.

8. Karl says:

The least funny show on tv right now is Sean Saves The World. It has a good cast, and some successful writers. Yet it is painful to watch. And sadly the weakest link on the show, is Sean himself. Just not funny.

9. Benedict Rotschild says:

22: Challenge. Great questions though.

10. Daisy says:

1. Haven – I despise her so much I’ve taken to fast forwarding through her scenes. Please, she needs to be ‘troubled’ away soon.
    13. SOA – Coincidence or not, I’m thrilled. I really don’t want any actor that I like to play that role.
    16. Revolution – Based on the ratings, I guess I’m not the only one that is not feeling this mystical firefly thing going on.
    22. Grey’s A – I’m glad to hear someone else say it. I do not like Stephanie but especially not for Jackson. In fact, I’m not sure I like any of the new interns.

• Lisa London says:

RE Haven and Jordan – there you go, you got your wish. I felt sad for her though but her change of heart was really too rushed.

• tripoli says:

I flet a bit bad for her but it was so nice to see her story go the way it did last night. She was increasingly annoying and I did not enjoy her at all.

11. neha says:

Woah, #5 is pretty patronizing! Most viewers can’t remember every single scene, but I think that most of us (that aren’t active on Tumblr and such) remember the initial attraction being to Phillip. Sure, if you go back, you can re-interpret the scene to mean her love for Aurora, but it wasn’t obvious at initial viewing. It’s like if they suddenly made it that Regina and Emma have a thing for each other, because of the online movement for it. Most people would still think it came out of nowhere.

• Katherine215 says:

I think she did have a thing for Phillip at first. She was thoroughly annoyed by Aurora and had been hanging out one-on-one with him for awhile. However, when Mulan started spending time with Aurora, you could definitely see her developing feelings for Aurora. And I’m not “active on Tumblr and such,” I just have eyes.

• wordsmith says:

I actually went back and rewatched the season 2 premiere, and Mulan was definitely in love with Philip and not Aurora at the start. You can definitely read into the shift over the course of the season, though.

• wordsmith says:

The fairytale romantic in me almost wishes that they’d had the foresight to hint that Mulan shared Phillip’s affection for Aurora and essentially came to love her even before they found and woke her, the writers went another way.
        That said, I also like the idea that what started off as a way to honor Phillip by protecting his beloved gradually turned into something more.

12. wordsmith says:

Another Q regarding HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: Did they get Katie Holmes back for that one background shot of the Halloween episode, or was that cleverly edited archive footage?

• wordsmith says:

Okay, so it’s probably a digital insert. As for part b) of the question, what if it’s James in Stuart’s shower? That would be quite a twist.

• jenferner8 says:

Having not seen that actual episode I didn’t realize it was supposed to be Katie. I noticed the camera lingered for a few extra seconds so I rewound a couple of times for a better look because I thought she was supposed to be Stella and that maybe it was another Ted and Stella near miss.

13. wordsmith says:

22) I agree about Leah – this was the episode where they finally let us sort of see her without her guard up. She actually smiled instead of smirking. I could finally see her being a character with some longevity.

14. tigersmurfette says:

5.was that the same thor hammer in supernatural??

15. wordsmith says:

16) Spontaneous combustion via nanites is something we’ve seen before on the show, but it was still pretty awesome. It’ll be interesting to see the extent of Aaron’s control, i.e. can he heal others? Could he selectively turn the power back on like a human pendant?

16. Maria says:

22. I don’t want Jackson and April to reunite again. The writers handled their relationship terribly during S7 and S8. Not to mention, I hated the way April treated him. Jackson needs a level-headed woman who’s actually considerate of his feelings. Given his awful track record, I feel like Stephanie’s his best option.

• CC says:

Except he doesn’t really treat Stephanie well. She isn’t a priority to him. Also, the two actors lack chemistry.

• Rich Abey says:

Exactly. I think it fits best for him to remain single for some time until he meets a woman who is actually suitable to him, but this being ‘Shondaland’ its quite unlikely.

17. emteem says:

26. Does anyone else feel sad every time they see Naveen Andrews in his Jafar costume?

• liz says:

more when he has to say that horrible dialogue. His outfit, while completely ridiculous, is rather spectacular in a camp way.

18. Georgia D says:

17. Okay, I have to say this. It’s degrading to actually make Felicity look like the attractive woman she is, but it’s not degrading to mention her simply as a brainiac and imply that geeks can’t be all that sexy, right?

I would agree if the question referred to Felicity’s role not being reduced to a hot blonde secretary role but the wording here bothers me.

• wordsmith says:

After a season of gratuitously shirtless Ollie, I’d say it’s only fair that they went in for some equal-opportunity degradation.

19. Mary Ann says:

Regarding Jordan on Haven (#1), I was so disappointed to see that she had survived being shot. She is way more annoying that Pi on Castle.

• Mary Ann says:

More annoying THAN Pi. Sorry for the type.

• Tai says:

I hate Jordan. I literally scream every time and shows up. I’ve never really cared for the character and I dislike her even more this season. She’s the absolute worst. Ugh!!

• Tahonia says:

Yes, Jordan is annoying, but then I always hoped she’d clear a way for Audrey and duke to get together. I like Duke so much more than Nathan….. But moot point after tonight.

20. Lisa says:

22. It’s not about Stephanie being ‘worthy of’ Jackson – a concept that makes me want to rage – but the simple fact that the actors have less than zero chemistry.

21. Abby says:

re: Michonne – maybe she’s loosened up a bit purely by association with the fact she’s with a looser group of survivors, who are happ(ier) and get along and work together as a team/try to live some semblance of a normal life. Previously, all we know of Michonne is that she killed two presumably crappy guys from her pre-apocalypse life to act as her walker-guards (“They deserved it,” she said), then spent time surviving alone, followed by time spent surviving with Andrea, who was an uber-negative person and wouldn’t/didn’t bring out the sunny or relaxed side in anyone in all her three seasons, including her own sister. No Prozac, just better people.

re: Nick and Jess. Yes, but this is Nick and Jess so I’m biased and it’s different and all the warning signs are totally worth ignoring (ok, not really). When they break up (as I and almost everyone else is sort of sure they will at some point), I will legitimately be upset about it. I’m still convinced that they’re soulmates, though, so I can take the pain provided they stick with the endgame. Also, how many girlfriends have I lost/almost lost by telling them to drop their loser boyfriends? Enough to know better and keep my mouth shut these days, unless he’s really dangerous or something.

22. Dominique says:

Not everyone was all gaga over Mulan/Aurora from the start. Most of us actually remember the scenes in which it was pretty obvious that Mulan had a crush on Philip, first. So don’t be so patronizing.

23. Pam says:

Count me among the dense regarding Mulan and Aurora, I thought she went back to tell Philip she was in love with him when Aurora blindsided her with the pregnancy news. The first thing Mulan asked Aurora was where Philip was.

24. Elaine says:

I’m over Jess and Nick. Nick is sweet and funny, but completely childish and irresponsible.
    Not qualities in an adult male. Definitely not relationship material. I don’t care what the writers do to turn Nick into a responsible guy, it won’t last. It’s a comedy and his childishness and irresponsiblity are what make his character funny – from afar – not in a relationship. If Jess stays with him it’s because she has an “I’m going to fix him” attitude – also not good in a relationship and also not funny.
    While I initially thought they had sweet moments, I never for one second, thought it was a good idea to have a romance between roommates. It changes the whole tone of the show for the worse. Why do writers always freaking do that? Let them all stay friends and have fun doing so. Jeez. Enough already. Bring the fun back to the show. Let them be besties who’ve learned their lesson. Can’t wait for Wayans to get to the show — to maybe, finally, give Lamorne Morris a chance to shine as Winston. So far his storylines have been too ridiculous to be funny. I’m sure he’s capable of better and based on season 1, so should the writers of this show be capable of better. I want to stick with this show, but they are losing me.

25. Greg says:

#14 – My kids went crazy when they saw the Ant Farm guy show up. I had no clue what was happening.

26. Whatever says:

4.I do find myself wishing Homeland was as good this season as Six Feet Under was.
    18. Loving the Tomorrow People and the cast is not hard to look at AT ALL !
    19. BOTH ! Lange and Bassett are fantastic together and the season is just getting started.
    I really like the entire cast of AHS this season and they are off to a great start.

27. Rich Abey says:

#5. Seeing Thor’s hammer in Rumplestiltskin’s closet just drove me nuts. Just plain crazy. I mean how in the world did that come about?Somebody else better answer it cause I have no damn idea!

28. DarkDefender says:

#8 confused me. I thought it was a flash back to 2007 when Slutty Pumpkin was no more.. Also every time Ted met up with SP he had the “hanging chad” costume on, which he was not wearing it this week’s “flashback”.. I thought it was odd to put her in the shot.

29. Rich Abey says:

#1. TV’s Most Annoying Character: Pi, definitely.
    #9. Come to think of it a fair few have zapped in between Castle & Scandal. There’s Darby Stanchfield back in S2 of Castle before she slotted in as a regular on Scandal, Jack Coleman of course, and now Tom Amandes. That’s as far as I’ve noticed..there might be others. Then again I’ve noticed a similar trend between Castle & Grey’s Anatomy too. Sarah Drew, Tina Majorino (to name a few have) been on Castle before starring in Grey’s. Maybe it’s some inter-company trend at ABC?

• scooby says:

It’s probably easy to clear guest spots for actors the network’s already said they love. You just know they’re encouraged to do that so there’s an opportunity for cross promotion. Maybe nobody outright says it, but I’d be surprised if the actor’s agent doesn’t at least think of it. I bet the casting directors are just more aware of guest stars on other shows on ABC. They see them for one thing and think of them for something else.

• LeSo says:

To further your guest-star crossovers, Katie Lowes did an episode of Castle (1×07). Actually, that episode also featured Caterina Scorsone! The guest actors at ABC really get around! Almost every week, I feel like I can watch almost any show and find myself saying, “That actor was on [insert another ABC show here]!”

30. Metoo says:

#12-I understand the purpose of the character, but she is the only character that I don’t like. In my opinion, Meg is the weakest link on the show.

31. cjeffery7 says:

3 – ‘right?’ and ‘yep!’, resptively. also, literally one of the best shows on tv right now, maybe ever. i’m genuinely blown away by how good it is. not since season 1 of homeland, or battlestar galactica, or orphan black, have i felt such profound things about a tv show.

32. GildedRose says:

There’s some Tumblrs out there keeping track of “Smoakisms” as I’ve seen them called. And I totally agree on Felicity’s wardrobe! Sexing her up is fine a bit but I like the quirk of her character. They need to find a middle of the road in the wardrobe & make up (and not just for her but all the women on the show).

33. Erika says:

2. I think I actually like Margaux. But I do hope we get a clearer picture of her agenda… if she has one.. soon.

5. I didn’t notice Thor’s hammer… but I bet if we looked carefully at his collection we’d find decades worth of character possbilities. That sounds kinda fun actually.

6. Well, having a safe, mostly secure place to call home with people who matter to her… I’m sure it’s pushed her blood pressure down a bit, yeah?

7. You know… centered in nearby Ybor City around the tobacco/cigar industry? That actually could be really interesting. If they do it right. At least, with that time period, we don’t have to worry about most of the Florida Fails that we had to suffer during Dexter.

8. Missed her. Might go back and watch it again.

11. Please tell me that’s what happens when CeCe returns! I love Jess and Nick, but not together…

12. I don’t know… Meg’s cluelessness seemed right on to me. I did love watching Kate finally snap at her though.

16. I think you’re being facetious, but it’s hard to tell without vocal inflection. I think that Aaron has gained some telepathic/telekinetic powers from the nano-tech stuff and he was able to fight with/protect Miles even though he wasn’t there. I’m not sure that Aaron realizes that what he’s seeing is more than a dream though. Yes… I think this possibility is stupid, but that’s how it’s reading to me.

17. I love her so much. She plays the Freudian slips perfectly. And yes, there should be a Tumblr. Or something.

18. I’m impressed with the effects. I’m hoping that the show does well enough that they can keep the budget up to keep that quality there.

20. And not a fairy tale character, despite an animated film. I sincerely hope they stuck the frack away.

22. I was glad that Cristina went there. She was right. That said, if this destroys their friendship, I hope that’s not the beginning of how she decides to leave Seattle.

34. Lecholls says:

#11 Jess shouldn’t dump Nick right as he’s starting to try to grow up. They are so fun together, and I love to watch them every week.

• scooby says:

But he’s not starting to try, not really. She’s having to push him into it every time. He yelled at her for trying to change him, only it’s something that needs to change or she should just dump him. No parent would want their daughter dating someone with Nick’s view on the world or Nick’s credit score. Who owes nearly 2K to someone and refuses to pay it back, point blank, just because?

35. Alichat says:

1) She’s above…..above! I’m just so sick of her whiny, self-absorbed, bitter character. Can she die already??
    2) It was an interesting choice in terms, but I thought the commercial was odd. Terribly soapy.
    3) Are we supposed to like Dr Masters at some point? As endearing as the uncomfortable sex moments are, and as touching as the scene after the tubal ligation surgery was, he mostly seems like an a$$.
    17) If not, there should be! She has some of the best lines in the show!
    18) Very, but sadly I’m not 100% sold on the lead.
    22) Never liked Stephanie with Jackson. I really wish they’d stop pushing that relationship on viewers.

36. Emily says:

Well #1 is taken care of now!

37. ej says:

5) Thor’s hammer or not, I love that Rumple uses it as a paper weight.

And yes, some people actually did not pick up on the Mulan subtext during her Season 2 scenes, let alone in her Season 3 premiere heart-to-heart with Neal. Plenty of them left angry “WTF? She was totally into Philip and/or Neal and in no way gay so the writers pulled this out of their butts to satisfy crazy vocal fans who insisted on a gay character” comments on the TVLine episode recap. Maybe in the Season 3 DVD Pan’s Shadow can explain it to them in his creepy Marilyn Manson voice that this foreshadowing (heh!) went all the way back to Season 2, Episode 1, in which Aurora and Mulan exchange the same “flirty” dialogue that Charming and Snow did when they met in “Snow Falls”. The writers are savvy like that. Viewers? Not always so much. (And I don’t think many understand that shows are generally writing/filming 10 episodes ahead of what’s airing such that fan demands have very little input.)

• Rich Abey says:

Don’t think the show-runners of OUAT made Mulan gay just to please fans. It’s perfectly plausible that a person isn’t always gay right from their childhood. Plus gay people do feel attracted to the opposite sex at occasion. A perfect example would be Dr. Callie Torres in Grey’s Anatomy who went from straight to gay in like a month!

38. Lori says:

I have a question – does Mr. Schue know that Rachel landed the lead in Funny Girl? The tribute episode was all about Finn but I wanted to see the reactions of Schue, Burt, Puck, Beiste and Carol. You know they would all be thinking about how proud Finn would be!

39. Temperance says:

I don’t know, but Arrow’s Felicity looked absolutely smokin’ in that incredible dress. The pair was a total showstopper (she looked so amazing that it pulled me out of the show).

40. DavidSask says:

Laurel there is no need for on Arrow, time to write her off show!

41. Mindy says:

Yes! I would be telling Jess to dump Nick. I was kind of hoping she was going to dump him in this episode. I’m still not sure how I feel about the show putting them together, to be honest.

42. Mary W says:

14. My children were so sad when that actor got killed off so soon, they hoped he’d stick around for a while. Zoltan Grundy was more interesting to watch in this episode than most of the regulars have been in four. This show needs more interesting people in it’s core cast. Everyone is a cookie-cutter cutout of the next. I hope they fix this.

43. Jennifer says:

22) I have never been a fan of Jackson and Stephanie. There’s no chemistry between them and that became even more clear in this past episode. I do wish they’d have him be single for a while and eventually get back together with April. But I think April needs to grow a pair and decide to not marry Matt on her own and become a health, whole person again before she should start up a relationship with Jackson.

44. tvdiva says:

Jordan is as the writers created her – bitter about her life struggles. I hope everyone saw this past Sunday’s episode. Enough said.

45. cececece says:

Jess and Nick need to fight more, I thought they would have broken up and gotten back together by now, and then on their way back to a big fight. But this hasn’t happened and I do not like it, they are too happy together.

46. J says:

Would not dump Nick. The sex would be too mind blowing. (no pun intended!)

47. lb says:

11. Jess and Nick are great together. they both just have a lot of growing up to do – especially Nick. the show is kind of kooky but if they were real life, Nick would be more accepting of adulthood norms — planning for the future, saving money, etc. — at least being responsible for himself.