Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

Get More: Blind Item

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

Tags:

Comments (753)

• Could it be Gabriel Mann from “Revenge”?

Comment by Maria – October 29, 2013 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that it’s Scott Caan from H50. He doesn’t like Hawaii and has been vocal about that. He hasn’t been doing publicity at all whereas Alex (Steve) and Daniel (Chin) have (and in fact have cranked up the noise). It sounded like Alex signed on for two more seasons, with no mention of Scott. I hope I’m wrong since I love the Steve/Danny bromance.

Comment by krystal – October 29, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The moment I read this I immediately thought it of “Homeland” but that the actor would be Mandy Patinkin because that guy rarely stays with a show more than 3 seasons.

Comment by TheTVJunkee – October 29, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s going to be Sweet’s from Bones.

Comment by Ali – October 29, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay…you did not rule out Showtime. Please don’t let it be Damian Lewis or Mandy Patinkin… :-(

Comment by Tina – October 29, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely not David Boreanaz — he loves Bones — the show and its cast.

Comment by Missy – October 29, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing the “headliner” was the hint. someone from Newsroom.

Comment by Reese – October 30, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people AREN’T thinking it’s a show airing in 2013, male, AND a BIG name actor.. Which pretty much means someone whose won an Oscar or Emmy…

Comment by nateddog – October 31, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This narrows it down, per the 10/29 Ask Ausiello column:

Question: Can you please share some info on this Blind Item? —Mari
    Ausiello: As I revealed exclusively on last Thursday’s Watch What Happens Live, the series in which the actor in question currently stars (and soon will be killed off of) does not air on ABC, CBS or NBC. And because I’m feeling generous I’ll also rule out Spike, Logo and TVGN.

Comment by xK – November 1, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d have to go with someone from TWD

Comment by E – November 1, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So FOX, CW, FX, AMC, also Disney Fam, USA I suppose it will happen in Nov sweeps.

Comment by Znachki – November 1, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh – HBO, Showtime

Comment by Znachki – November 1, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope is not nathan from Haven.

Comment by maida – November 2, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I know this is the strangest thing and this actor wouldn’t even be considered ‘that’ big of a star. Nevertheless, the thought has entered into my head and perhaps the blind item has been exaggerated on how big this star is if the actor is very popular within a fanbase and is the leading man of a series with a large following. I mean, why not rule out CW? There is no one ‘that’ big on that network other than in Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries. So, my thought is what about Beauty and the Beast? I’ve seen the episode that airs tonight already and I kind of got that sense that it is ‘possible’ for Gabe to become the beast of the story and to take Vincent’s place on the show. It probably won’t happen but he IS actually closer to the mythology because he has been ‘saved’ by the Beauty character. He goes through both a spiritual and physical transformation. It is interesting to say the least. I don’t have anything big to spoil other than I am getting a strange vibe on the show. I guess we’ll see. It probably isn’t BATB but I am throwing this random thought out there.

Comment by Autumn – November 4, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure it’s going to be someone in Once Upon A Time, because we’re getting a ‘major character death’ in the middle of this season/end of the first half.

Comment by Mandy – November 5, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope – the ABC network has been uled out.

Comment by Znachki – November 5, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Eric Northman come back for the final season of True Blood. I freaking hate they torched his character in the finale.

This blind is worry me,because Alexander Skarsagard is making money and becomes big star and he is going to be new Tarzan.

It worry me a lot.

Comment by Shelli – November 5, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel from supernatural?

Comment by Logan – November 5, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as we all love him, Misha isn’t really a big actor, in the same way neither Jared or Jensen are.

Comment by Lucy – November 27, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it’s not Rick, Daryl, Hershell or Glen from The Walking Dead. I’ve heard rumors about Hershel, and of course, Glen is sick so it could be one of them which would suck. I think at this point, I’d be happy with at least one season where no “major” deaths occured. If it’s not The Walking Dead, I’m betting Brody from Homeland. It just makes sense.

Comment by Francesca Hall (@FrankiezStuff) – November 6, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was also thinking it could be Nucky from Boardwalk Empire. Richard is trying to get a job with Nucky. It looks like he’s trying to get work because of his new family. Maybe he’s really trying to avenge Jimmy’s death.

Comment by Francesca Hall (@FrankiezStuff) – November 6, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is Dylan McDermott on Hostages. Heck, the photo even resembles him (this time.) (LOL)

Comment by Sunny Gee – November 6, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After watching the previews of the next POI, I’m thinking it could be Fusco.

Comment by Jeanne Burns – November 6, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it Lionel off of person of interest??? Tonights preview for “the endgame” sure made it seem that way…

Comment by hannah – November 6, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Charlie Hunnam? His show is not on ABC, CBS or NBC. It’s an hour long drama and he was mostly known before 50 Shades and is even bigger now. He dropped out of the movie for his TV career but was scheduled to finish filming SOA before they started so sounded like a bogus reason.

Comment by midix – November 7, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really really hope it is Billy on True Blood,because Steve Moyer is doing Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood. All we known he is famor for married to Anna Paqin. That’s why the True Blood are totally obsessed with those couple`s relationship and they wants to put Sookie with Bill ( a lot of fan are outrage of that). I think he want to quit,because he have enough the conversation`s going on about he and his wife after the True Blood season 6 finale (and Brian Buckner opened his big mouth). A lot of people really want Alexander Skarsgard as Eric back and have more scenes than Billy. We always hope for Eric and Sookie`s HEA. Media even think Eric and Sookie are so good together than being Alcide or Sam.

Comment by Shelli – November 7, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So worried it’s gonna be Norman Reedus on The Walking Dead. Killing of Daryl might just kill the show

Comment by Karen – November 8, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just heard it was Don Cragen (Dann Florek) from SVU. I wonder, wonder, wonder. He’s got a new pilot that also has Diane Neal in it.

Comment by Tasha Beal – November 8, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Edit: Supposed to say *project. Not sure if it’s a pilot yet. It’s a 26 minute “tv movie”. We’ll see.

Comment by Tasha Beal – November 8, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well since HBO is in the running then I’m going for Person of Interest.

Comment by Amz – November 8, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim Caviezel. Someone is dying on POI, and while the promos make it look like it’s Fusco, it would be just like the show to make a huge swerve and kill Reece instead, with Shaw replacing him as the main muscle of the organisation.

Comment by Houman – November 9, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Houman, that would be very interesting, except Ausiello has already confirmed that the blind item does NOT concern series airing on ABC, NBC and CBS. Person of Interest airs on CBS, so there goes your theory…

Comment by bluefairy – November 11, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Doesn’t mean POI can’t whack a character too, even if it doesn’t pertain to this particular blind item.

Comment by Emily – November 13, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, we already know they’re whacking a character very soon, but it has nothing to do with this article.

Comment by bluefairy – November 15, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just figured it out. It’s Steven McQueen (Jeremy Gilbert in The Vampire Diaries). He has posted two tweets and a picture on Twitter about meeting the executive producers for Arrow. And posted a picture caption “Nightwing training” (He’s gotten buff) with a Nightwing shirt on. Calling it now.

Comment by Henry P. – November 12, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except if you read the first two lines of Ausiello’s article, you’ll see the blind item actor is leaving his current show in order to star in an *upcoming pilot*, not an already well-known sophomore series. You can call it all you want, but if he’s leaving TVD for Arrow, that’s not it.

Comment by bluefairy – November 12, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Balls! You’re right. Got blindsided by the awesomeness that is Arrow and Nightwing.

Comment by Henry P. – November 14, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PBS isn’t ruled out…what about Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey?

Comment by Emily – November 14, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Julian Fellowes said that DA couldn’t take another on-screen death – so I’d say that’s a no.

Comment by Fae – November 15, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just going to go ahead and throw out Ian Somerhalder. If it’s Daryl from TWD, then I’ll agree with FD’s scathing comment about TPTB on AMC. They’re sociopaths. My gut says Ian.

Comment by Dochas – November 19, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it what just happened on SOA?

Comment by Jo Ana Scott – November 19, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon A Time – David
    Revenge – Aiden?
    Revolution – Monroe
    The Blacklist – Red???

Comment by Chris – November 20, 2013 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely it is Ron Perlman??????????????

Comment by Carley – November 20, 2013 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won.

Comment by Travelocity Gnome – November 20, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey @MichaelAusiello – Can we call the Blind Item solved?

Comment by Francesca Hall (@FrankiezStuff) – November 20, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • clay dead
    carter dead
    two big characters surely it has to be one of them
    reedus leaving the walking dead would be a huge mistake for the show and i don’t think the writters would let him go and if scott cann did’t want to live in hawaii why take a job called hawaii five o of course your going to be in hawaii

Comment by sarah – November 20, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christopher Gorham on Covert Affairs….

Comment by Ella – November 20, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Especially based off his twitter today.

Comment by Ella – November 20, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe it’s Scott Caan (Hawaii 5-0). They have suddenly started taking screen time from him, and reinforcing the bond between McGarret and Grover. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so.

Comment by Celso Távora – November 23, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is it safe to say it was Richard from Boardwalk Empire? I mean why not Richard. First Jimmy, then Owen, now Richard, hey, maybe Margaret’s next! I mean it can only be a good show if the writers kill everyone off except for the assholes that deserve it. Sorry, I’m still reeling in the bitter torment that is Boardwalk Empire. Back to the question at hand.. Is Jack Huston (Richard) from Boardwalk Empire the Blind Item?

Comment by Francesca Hall (@FrankiezStuff) – November 24, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will we learn the ID of this blind item? I haven’t slept since 10/17 wondering who it may be. We’re hosting Thanksgiving, will I be able to give thanks for finally getting the answer??

Comment by The Carpooler – November 26, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. It’s Darryl. I will never watch Walking Dead again.

Comment by KGB – November 30, 2013 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think it might have been Ron Perlman on SOA

Comment by Eli – November 30, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not Casey on Chicago Fire… :( times a million

Comment by jordan – December 4, 2013 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After watching the previews for next weeks Chicago Fire I’m worried Casey is the blind item! I hope not :( any thoughts on who it is??

Comment by Elyse – December 4, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chicago Fire is on NBC and he ruled out the death being on NBC but Casey better not be some death we didn’t know about!! Other than that, I have no idea who it is.

Comment by Melissa – December 4, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey @MichaelAusiello Any new clues?

Comment by Leanna – December 4, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am guessing after seeing the previews for next weeks Chicago Fire that the death is Casey, I am freaking out hoping it is not true and just my imagination. Not sure if I would stick with the show if he was killed off. Anyone else agree?

Comment by Cameron – December 4, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick Grimes – walking dead

Comment by slow_man – December 5, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please tell me its not Casey from Chicago Fire. I’m so done with this show if its him

Comment by Amber – December 5, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last thing that was said about the Blind Item on Dec. 3rd, “Question: Was Clay dying on Sons of Anarchy your Blind Item? Also, got any other SOA scoop? —Chris
    Ausiello: I’m not making any Blind Item confirmations at this time. I can tell you that this week’s penultimate episode is the deadliest of the season and lays the groundwork for a doozy of a finale on the 10th.” http://tvline.com/2013/12/03/glee-season-5-dianna-agron-returning-quinn-returns/

Comment by feetfirst – December 6, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it’s not Casey off Chicago Fire!!

Comment by Amanda S – December 7, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It has to be HAVEN. There were a bunch of deaths on Friday night and the season finale is next week.

Comment by Debbie – December 8, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post