Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

1. Maria says:

Could it be Gabriel Mann from “Revenge”?

2. krystal says:

I agree that it’s Scott Caan from H50. He doesn’t like Hawaii and has been vocal about that. He hasn’t been doing publicity at all whereas Alex (Steve) and Daniel (Chin) have (and in fact have cranked up the noise). It sounded like Alex signed on for two more seasons, with no mention of Scott. I hope I’m wrong since I love the Steve/Danny bromance.

3. TheTVJunkee says:

The moment I read this I immediately thought it of “Homeland” but that the actor would be Mandy Patinkin because that guy rarely stays with a show more than 3 seasons.

4. Ali says:

I think it’s going to be Sweet’s from Bones.

5. Tina says:

Okay…you did not rule out Showtime. Please don’t let it be Damian Lewis or Mandy Patinkin… :-(

6. Missy says:

Definitely not David Boreanaz — he loves Bones — the show and its cast.

7. Reese says:

I’m guessing the “headliner” was the hint. someone from Newsroom.

8. nateddog says:

You people AREN’T thinking it’s a show airing in 2013, male, AND a BIG name actor.. Which pretty much means someone whose won an Oscar or Emmy…

9. xK says:

This narrows it down, per the 10/29 Ask Ausiello column:

Question: Can you please share some info on this Blind Item? —Mari
    Ausiello: As I revealed exclusively on last Thursday’s Watch What Happens Live, the series in which the actor in question currently stars (and soon will be killed off of) does not air on ABC, CBS or NBC. And because I’m feeling generous I’ll also rule out Spike, Logo and TVGN.

10. maida says:

I hope is not nathan from Haven.

11. Autumn says:

So I know this is the strangest thing and this actor wouldn’t even be considered ‘that’ big of a star. Nevertheless, the thought has entered into my head and perhaps the blind item has been exaggerated on how big this star is if the actor is very popular within a fanbase and is the leading man of a series with a large following. I mean, why not rule out CW? There is no one ‘that’ big on that network other than in Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries. So, my thought is what about Beauty and the Beast? I’ve seen the episode that airs tonight already and I kind of got that sense that it is ‘possible’ for Gabe to become the beast of the story and to take Vincent’s place on the show. It probably won’t happen but he IS actually closer to the mythology because he has been ‘saved’ by the Beauty character. He goes through both a spiritual and physical transformation. It is interesting to say the least. I don’t have anything big to spoil other than I am getting a strange vibe on the show. I guess we’ll see. It probably isn’t BATB but I am throwing this random thought out there.

12. Mandy says:

Pretty sure it’s going to be someone in Once Upon A Time, because we’re getting a ‘major character death’ in the middle of this season/end of the first half.

13. Shelli says:

I really hope Eric Northman come back for the final season of True Blood. I freaking hate they torched his character in the finale.

This blind is worry me,because Alexander Skarsagard is making money and becomes big star and he is going to be new Tarzan.

It worry me a lot.

14. Logan says:

Castiel from supernatural?

15. I really hope it’s not Rick, Daryl, Hershell or Glen from The Walking Dead. I’ve heard rumors about Hershel, and of course, Glen is sick so it could be one of them which would suck. I think at this point, I’d be happy with at least one season where no “major” deaths occured. If it’s not The Walking Dead, I’m betting Brody from Homeland. It just makes sense.

16. I was also thinking it could be Nucky from Boardwalk Empire. Richard is trying to get a job with Nucky. It looks like he’s trying to get work because of his new family. Maybe he’s really trying to avenge Jimmy’s death.

17. Sunny Gee says:

My vote is Dylan McDermott on Hostages. Heck, the photo even resembles him (this time.) (LOL)

18. Jeanne Burns says:

After watching the previews of the next POI, I’m thinking it could be Fusco.

19. hannah says:

Is it Lionel off of person of interest??? Tonights preview for “the endgame” sure made it seem that way…

20. midix says:

What about Charlie Hunnam? His show is not on ABC, CBS or NBC. It’s an hour long drama and he was mostly known before 50 Shades and is even bigger now. He dropped out of the movie for his TV career but was scheduled to finish filming SOA before they started so sounded like a bogus reason.

21. Shelli says:

I really really hope it is Billy on True Blood,because Steve Moyer is doing Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood. All we known he is famor for married to Anna Paqin. That’s why the True Blood are totally obsessed with those couple`s relationship and they wants to put Sookie with Bill ( a lot of fan are outrage of that). I think he want to quit,because he have enough the conversation`s going on about he and his wife after the True Blood season 6 finale (and Brian Buckner opened his big mouth). A lot of people really want Alexander Skarsgard as Eric back and have more scenes than Billy. We always hope for Eric and Sookie`s HEA. Media even think Eric and Sookie are so good together than being Alcide or Sam.

22. Karen says:

So worried it’s gonna be Norman Reedus on The Walking Dead. Killing of Daryl might just kill the show

23. Tasha Beal says:

I just heard it was Don Cragen (Dann Florek) from SVU. I wonder, wonder, wonder. He’s got a new pilot that also has Diane Neal in it.

24. Tasha Beal says:

Edit: Supposed to say *project. Not sure if it’s a pilot yet. It’s a 26 minute “tv movie”. We’ll see.

25. Amz says:

Well since HBO is in the running then I’m going for Person of Interest.

26. Houman says:

Jim Caviezel. Someone is dying on POI, and while the promos make it look like it’s Fusco, it would be just like the show to make a huge swerve and kill Reece instead, with Shaw replacing him as the main muscle of the organisation.

• bluefairy says:

Houman, that would be very interesting, except Ausiello has already confirmed that the blind item does NOT concern series airing on ABC, NBC and CBS. Person of Interest airs on CBS, so there goes your theory…

27. Henry P. says:

Just figured it out. It’s Steven McQueen (Jeremy Gilbert in The Vampire Diaries). He has posted two tweets and a picture on Twitter about meeting the executive producers for Arrow. And posted a picture caption “Nightwing training” (He’s gotten buff) with a Nightwing shirt on. Calling it now.

• bluefairy says:

Except if you read the first two lines of Ausiello’s article, you’ll see the blind item actor is leaving his current show in order to star in an *upcoming pilot*, not an already well-known sophomore series. You can call it all you want, but if he’s leaving TVD for Arrow, that’s not it.

28. Emily says:

PBS isn’t ruled out…what about Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey?

29. Dochas says:

I’m just going to go ahead and throw out Ian Somerhalder. If it’s Daryl from TWD, then I’ll agree with FD’s scathing comment about TPTB on AMC. They’re sociopaths. My gut says Ian.

30. Jo Ana Scott says:

is it what just happened on SOA?

31. Chris says:

Once Upon A Time – David
    Revenge – Aiden?
    Revolution – Monroe
    The Blacklist – Red???

32. Carley says:

Surely it is Ron Perlman??????????????

33. Travelocity Gnome says:

I won.

34. Hey @MichaelAusiello – Can we call the Blind Item solved?

35. sarah says:

clay dead
    carter dead
    two big characters surely it has to be one of them
    reedus leaving the walking dead would be a huge mistake for the show and i don’t think the writters would let him go and if scott cann did’t want to live in hawaii why take a job called hawaii five o of course your going to be in hawaii

36. Ella says:

Christopher Gorham on Covert Affairs….

37. Celso Távora says:

I believe it’s Scott Caan (Hawaii 5-0). They have suddenly started taking screen time from him, and reinforcing the bond between McGarret and Grover. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so.

38. So is it safe to say it was Richard from Boardwalk Empire? I mean why not Richard. First Jimmy, then Owen, now Richard, hey, maybe Margaret’s next! I mean it can only be a good show if the writers kill everyone off except for the assholes that deserve it. Sorry, I’m still reeling in the bitter torment that is Boardwalk Empire. Back to the question at hand.. Is Jack Huston (Richard) from Boardwalk Empire the Blind Item?

39. The Carpooler says:

When will we learn the ID of this blind item? I haven’t slept since 10/17 wondering who it may be. We’re hosting Thanksgiving, will I be able to give thanks for finally getting the answer??

40. KGB says:

OMG. It’s Darryl. I will never watch Walking Dead again.

41. Eli says:

Think it might have been Ron Perlman on SOA

42. jordan says:

Not Casey on Chicago Fire… :( times a million

43. Elyse says:

After watching the previews for next weeks Chicago Fire I’m worried Casey is the blind item! I hope not :( any thoughts on who it is??

• Melissa says:

Chicago Fire is on NBC and he ruled out the death being on NBC but Casey better not be some death we didn’t know about!! Other than that, I have no idea who it is.

44. Leanna says:

Hey @MichaelAusiello Any new clues?

45. Cameron says:

I am guessing after seeing the previews for next weeks Chicago Fire that the death is Casey, I am freaking out hoping it is not true and just my imagination. Not sure if I would stick with the show if he was killed off. Anyone else agree?

46. slow_man says:

Rick Grimes – walking dead

47. Amber says:

Please tell me its not Casey from Chicago Fire. I’m so done with this show if its him

48. feetfirst says:

The last thing that was said about the Blind Item on Dec. 3rd, “Question: Was Clay dying on Sons of Anarchy your Blind Item? Also, got any other SOA scoop? —Chris
    Ausiello: I’m not making any Blind Item confirmations at this time. I can tell you that this week’s penultimate episode is the deadliest of the season and lays the groundwork for a doozy of a finale on the 10th.” http://tvline.com/2013/12/03/glee-season-5-dianna-agron-returning-quinn-returns/

49. Amanda S says:

I really hope it’s not Casey off Chicago Fire!!

50. Debbie says:

It has to be HAVEN. There were a bunch of deaths on Friday night and the season finale is next week.