Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

Get More: Blind Item

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

Tags:

Comments (753)

• Micheal Emerson from POI (trap = saw, bomb = lost)
    That Lewis guy from Homeland (as stated above)
    Ron Pearlman (character is trying to redeem himself and that don’t happen on SOA)

TV can’t kill Castle, Daryl, Booth, or Jax yet because fans will turn off those shows…

But Clay is fair game…think Opie. No one saw that coming.

Comment by Brian Lowury – October 18, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d be shocked if Bones gets another season or at least full season. Fox implied last year this would be the last year for Bones. So it could very well be Booth from Bones.

Comment by TVWatcher – October 18, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • David is under contract through s10…so is Emily. And FOX never implied s9 was the last season

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 19, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i could live without jax or tara

Comment by jake – October 20, 2013 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Dallas from OUAT?

Comment by Parker – October 18, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Noth???? He’s a big name and doesn’t really do much on The Good Wife

Comment by delfiteblu (@Jan8Hare) – October 18, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wouldn’t they have to change the name to The Good Widow?

Comment by TV Gord – October 19, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the Governor on walking dead. I read somewhere he was offered this new show where he would be the lead. He said if he could he would try to do both for a while. But if it didn’t work out & turned out to be too much he would definitely go with the other show. So maybe it sounds like he made up his mind already.

Comment by Lina – October 18, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope this is true! Would love the Governor’s character to be gone.

Comment by JCS – October 30, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boreanaz from Bones..Rumors have been circling that Show,he has said he isn’t leaving, which ppl lie because of contract obligations

Comment by DR – October 18, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Picture does look like Jim Caviezel of Person of interest

Comment by DR – October 18, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have to take the picture with a grain of salt. They use that photo for all the blind items that involve males.

Comment by TVWatcher – October 18, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing that’s keeping Boreanaz on Bones is the raise he got. If it didn’t work out in his favor he’d have left. I think there was a lot of truth to what he was tweeting; his performance on Bones has been phoned in for the last few seasons.

Comment by Brooke – October 18, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously get you eyes checked, the only thing that is keeping Bones alive is Boreanaz and Deschanel, either of them leaves, turn out the lights.

Comment by Ali – October 19, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, lord – let it be Scott Foley on Scandal.

Comment by showme4 (@showme4harvick) – October 18, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I highly doubt this due to the fact he JUST got promoted to a series regular.

Comment by Jillian – October 24, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Chris Noth on The Good Wife? That would be a big twist to me, and Chris Noth has done plenty of TV, he would be great to lead a new show.

Comment by Lindsay – October 19, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe its LL Cool J

Comment by Ange – October 19, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The big-time name is an interesting clue.. Kevin Bacon, The Following maybe!

Comment by Desirai Marie Boutilier – October 19, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I mentioned above, Michael says the departure is coming soon, and The Following doesn’t even return until the new year.

Comment by TV Gord – October 19, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obscured photo look like Dylan McDermott of Hostages

Comment by Anon – October 19, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The photo is meaningless. It’s the same generic image that is used for all blind items involving a male.

Comment by TV Gord – October 19, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone may already have said this, but, Tom Selleck?

Comment by beachelle – October 19, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Daryl dies, we riot

Comment by Neva – October 19, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup. Right there with ya.

Comment by Lilly – October 19, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i concur

Comment by Ames – October 25, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be Scot Foley. Love Tony Goldwyn on Scandals – he is the reason I watch.

Comment by lilian – October 19, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So many haters just because they’re team Olitz. Scott Foley is a great actor and a love triangle makes for better tv, so suck it up.

Comment by Caitlin Daugherty – November 2, 2013 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they’re going to kill off Kenny from South Park

Comment by Etchasketch – October 19, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Jimmy Smits from Sons Of Anarchy.

Comment by Pat D – October 19, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • better not be boyd on justified or castiel on supernatural

Comment by jake – October 20, 2013 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • better not be robert carlyle either

Comment by jake – October 20, 2013 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Ted Danson, Tom Selleck, or Robert Carlyle. It might also be Damien Lewis and Patrick Dempsey. But I’m almost certain it is one of those five. They are all big-time actors and would make great twist in their respective shows if they died.

Comment by Oliver – October 20, 2013 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ted Danson

Comment by Joseph – October 20, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing it’s Jeff Probst, I’m guessing he’s going to be medivaced before the end of the season, and he’s gonna start a talk show. I am getting the slightest hint of deja vu though

Comment by new_guy – October 21, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just posted on “Deadline”: Homeland’s Damian Lewis To Star With Nicole Kidman In ‘Queen Of The Desert’. since he’s signing up for features, I don’t think it’s likely he has a new tv deal?

Comment by Brenda – October 21, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised that no one has suggested Simon Baker from The Mentalist. With the whole Red John arc finally wrapping up…maybe it’s time for him to move on.

Comment by Amy – October 21, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well judging by the picture Sam from Rookie Blue will not have his happy ending with Andy :

Comment by Asa – October 22, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s the same picture they use for all blind items on this site. It’s not a clue.

Comment by JC – October 22, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, here’s my two cents worth.
    Could be Homeland since Damien’s character has kind of been painted into a corner as it were. I mean where could he go now – he’s the most wanted man in the world. Also the show can continue with other threats to the country.
    Not Castle unless they’re killing off Ryan or Esposito. Can’t kill Nathan because the show is called Castle!
    I don’t think it’s Booth since David said he’s not leaving Bones. Possibly one of the Squinterns but they aren’t main characters so maybe it’s Hodgins?
    I’m voting for NCIS killing Tony. Mark Harmon had talked about retiring when all his kids were grown and he’s getting too old for the part to be believable since NCIS agents have to retire from field work by 55. So kill Tony then have Gibbs and Ducky retire and McGee and Palmer take their jobs. That would wrap the show with this season. They killed Kate when Sasha still had another season on her contract but she asked to be realeased. So the actor can ask to leave even if their contact has not expired.

Comment by paula – October 22, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS agents retire from field work at 57. While Harmon is 62, *GIBBS*, at most, is only 55. Given that he’s set to be one of the executive producers (not to mention creators) of the new spin off, it doesn’t look like he’s interested in retiring any time soon. Weatherly has also said repeatedly that he has no desire to ever leave NCIS until it’s run ends. Nor does it seem likely that CBS would want to oust him, either. He’s a gold mine for them and they know it. Watch for them to offer him a series once NCIS has finished it’s run.

Comment by tejas – October 22, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark my words… I think it’s Chris O’Donnell. Just because I totally hated the 100th episode. I think it was very badly written and a disservice to the character Callen, no substance.

“He won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer” = he could die @ the 10th episode that Shane Brennan has said would be a big disruption for Densi. His name is fairly well-known even to people who don’t watch the show.

At this point, the quicker he leaves the Shane Brennan universe, the better for his career.

Comment by allan (@lzblock) – October 22, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damian Lewis from Homeland. He is hardly in Homeland anymore, his character Brody is useless to season 3 storyline so far. He is a big star, won a few awards. I won’t be surprised if Brody dies although killing him, you might as well cancel Homeland.

Comment by Linds (@Lwass007) – October 22, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think, after seeing the promos, that it’s Travis Kinney (Kelly Severide) or Eamonn Walker (Chief) on Chicago Fire.

Comment by Robyn – October 22, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re not big names.

Comment by Alex – October 28, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simon Baker, “The Mentalist”. Red John is going to kill him.

Comment by Pat Tarves – October 22, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could the placement of the link after the Grey’s spoiler right in the most recent “Spoiler” be a clue?

Comment by Abby – October 23, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damian Lewis? Seriously? Homeland couldnt live a day without him, he is half of the show’s core…and, as Damian himself said,it’d be more compromising keeping him alive than killing him away…it’s easy to say that he’s usless to the show at the time, but watching the show knowing that he will be no longer in it wouldnt be as exciting as it is with him on…I’d bet it would be a flat show…Btw my guess is Mandy Patinkin: his death makes sense than brody’s and that would be a key point to the show: if brody dies carrie would forget him by time passing, but she will never give up on saul’s death…it would be fairer brody’s death, he has almost done a terroristic attack in s1, but always good people pass away…that’s the point, and that’s the point carrie will face…
    It would be sad, but this makes sense to me

Comment by ross – October 23, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s doing just fine without him so far. I don’t know what else they can do with Brody besides kill him off. I do think Patinkin’s a possibility for having the character killed – but given his history, I would be STUNNED if another TV show runner actually wanted him in his cast as a lead, ever.

Comment by Annie – October 29, 2013 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Selleck from Blue Bloods.

Comment by cindy – October 23, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL. Your dad looks pretty hot from the side. That’s a photo that tv line uses for every male blind item.

Comment by Marc – October 23, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know !! Matt Smith !!!

Comment by Jake – October 23, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Lyons (Bass) from Revolution.

Comment by Trista – October 23, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That promo for next week’s episode just doesn’t add up with the events of last night’s episode. It makes me wonder if they won’t fake Monore’s death.

Comment by B – October 24, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim Caviezel?

Comment by tweety bird (@2013tweetybird) – October 24, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please DON’T let it be Norman Reedus…

Comment by Steve F. – October 24, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Will or Chris Noth from TGW?

Comment by michelle – October 24, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s one of the Grey’s Anatomy guys….(Owen, McDreamy, Alex or Avery). Look at the placement of the “related” link from the most recent spoiler alert!

Comment by Abby – October 24, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Scott Caan. He is being wasted since they’ve decided to turn this into the Steve/Cath show. That, and the fact he hates Hawaii makes me lean towards him. Wouldn’t be happy if I was right.

Comment by Tricia – October 24, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello said it is not an actor from NBC, CBS, or ABC…he said on WWHL tonight. I am hoping it is not Daryl or Rick from The Walking Dead…

Comment by heather – October 24, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume he didn’t say if it was cable or not?

Comment by linda – October 24, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope it’s neither of them either. I never thought they -could- kill off Rick, but now that Daryl has been established in a leadership role it could happen. But I still think Damien Lewis from Homeland is a more likely guess especially taking the wording of this blind item into account.

Comment by Mo – October 25, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the funniest comments section I’ve read in a while. Glad I wasn’t drinking anything while reading. As for the actor – definitely not Mandy Patikin. The things he said about Criminal Minds were demoralizing. Fugiitaboutit! Damien Lewis on Homeland? Maybe? I just don’t see how he’s getting out of the situation he’s in now. Booth on Bones- NEVER.

Comment by Angie S – October 24, 2013 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After tonight and this Grey ep it’s Alex Karev. I’m almost sure.

Comment by Maki – October 25, 2013 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope its Daryl from TWD. Not because I don’t like the actor… good lord do we need more of those biceps on tv..but because there is just this air to the comics that the show hasn’t gotten y et… that it can be anyone at anytime… and the way they are building his arc reminds me of a major story line that i will not speak anymore of. But I think its Daryl.

Comment by Penny – October 25, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Besides if fans can’t get over themselves to not riot over a characters demise… then it probably wasn’t a show they were really invested in to begin with. Its like those assholes sending death threats to authors when they don’t get their way… its incredibly stupid. On a show/story like the walking dead? The only one i wouldn’t worry about is Carl and Rick… but once Carl is done with puberty… Rick ain’t long for this world.

Comment by Penny – October 25, 2013 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “It’s like those assholes sending death threats to authors when they don’t get their way”

Maybe I’m wrong, but did someone just finish reading Allegiant? ;)

Comment by trulyteen – October 25, 2013 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am saying Donnie Walberg off Blue Bloods

Comment by Duckie – October 25, 2013 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based off how he talks about TWD in interviews, I would be surprised if Norman Reedus choose to leave for another show. The only way I would buy that it’s Daryl, was if the PTB were already considering killing him off.

Comment by Ashley – October 25, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it just happened. Madison was killed on American Horror Story.

Comment by steven – October 25, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except the Blind Item refers to a man, and I’m fairly confident Emma Roberts is female.

Comment by xK – November 1, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooooh, juicy. Hmm… could be Nick from Grimm.

Comment by Zoe – October 26, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not a big name.

Comment by Alex – October 28, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mandy Patinkin from Homeland?

Comment by auntiemm – October 27, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the character could well be killed off but honestly now, can you see any other television show EVER wanting Patinkin that bad, given his history?

Comment by Annie – October 29, 2013 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Steven Yeun… saw him of Filthy, Sexy Teens and now after the last episode of TWD, it seems more likely… though calling him a big name actor is a stretch, right?

Comment by Danish – October 28, 2013 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post