Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

Get More: Blind Item

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

Tags:

Comments (753)

• Nathan Fillion?
    The Castle fandom hates him :S

Comment by Connor – October 17, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nonsense. Castle the show doesn’t exist without Fillion. He copped a bit of backlash during the summer over his salary negotiations, but most of the fandom knows he and Katic are the backbone of the show.

Comment by Apples – October 17, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The fandom does not hate him. They won him 2 Peoples Choice Awards for favorite actor – geez.

Comment by James – October 17, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • whaaaaaat? I’m part of the Castle fandom and I adore the guy. I adore the whole cast. (Well, except for Pi…)

Comment by Maria – October 17, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Such a shame the actor who plays Pi doesn’t qualify as a big name actor. I might get my hopes up. ;) Before anybody says that’s mean, hey he’d be getting his own show so no harm no foul and no more Pi.

Comment by scooby – October 17, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal would end If Scott Foley was killed off

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brilliant! Why didn’t you mention this sooner. Oh wait. You did.

Comment by TV Gord – October 17, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nucky from Boardwalk Empire

Comment by Todd – October 17, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony Goldwyn is bring scandal down Olake is the heart of scandal Olitz is like watching rape happen is slow motion

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What? Are you okay?

Comment by anon – October 17, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes I’m fine thank you Olitz is nasty why would anyone wanna watch Rape every week Scott Foley has made Scandal better the rating is so high because of Scott and Kerry

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • OMGGGG loooool you are not Okey I assure you .. go to a psychiatrist please .. I can’t stop laughing .. Foley wasn’t even in Scandal before AND ep 2.08 is the highest rated Scandal episode and he wasn’t in it .. I can’t with people like you, you make me lose faith in humanity

Comment by Marina – October 17, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Scott makes Scandal better so get your life

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 05:53 PM PDT
  • Bye bye Mr. President. Olivia is ganna have to start wearing less white and more black

Comment by Kay – October 17, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true and she can go and be with Jake he really loves her and Fitz has raped her and he put her in the hospital

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WTF ????? you are delusional … Jake put her in the hospital and when did Fitz rape her???? watch the show before talking trash .. unbelievable

Comment by Alicia – October 17, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m not talking Trash Maybe you should do the rewatch before you come for me 2×08-2×11-2×14

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG, I’m going to be mad if it is him

Comment by longklaw – October 17, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I Really Hope it’s Tony Goldwyn Scandal would be better Off with him

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You really have a problem.

Comment by TV Gord – October 17, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think it would be *awesome* storytelling if they killed off Fitz. Tony can go on and have a great movie career (very excited to see him in Divergent) Unlike a lot of people I honestly think the show should revolve around the gladiators instead of “relationship”

Comment by Penny – October 17, 2013 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to go bold with my guess of Steve Buscemi. Nucky is seemingly the center of Boardwalk Empire, but with as many characters as they’ve added, I could see the story going with the other characters they have set up. And while the show is fictional, many of the characters are real and well known for founding organized crime. IMO, it’s getting harder by the season to suspend disbelief that Nucky’s empire would stretch any further because of this mashup between reality and fiction.

Comment by Cassandra – October 17, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s see: the ongoing show has to have more than one male lead, otherwise it will come to an end with the dead of this character.
    So I would rule out Castle, Bones.
    Can be Homeland, since Brody is not an essential character this year and it would be an amazing twist.
    There are no big male leads in Scandal or Revenge.
    Can be Peter Krause of Parenthood. I don’t know if it makes sense, don’t watch this show.
    Somebody from OUAT, but same as above, don’t watch it.
    I would guess that, for a major lead to leave a show mid season – I’m guessing here that the death occurs during november sweeps – something must have gone wrong behind the scenes, if the show is popular. OR the show may be on for a long time and said actor is tired. That would leave somebody from TVD or Grey’s anatomy…

Comment by femiz – October 17, 2013 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually do think it’s Scott Foley from Scandal. I remember seeing a preview that showed the next episode would be about someone with a bomb. Plus, if we’re talking military drills, his character was in the military, and if we’re talking shut traps, he was kept inside that locked trap for awhile, plus it’s airing soon, And if we’re talking top-secret projects and stealth, Scandal had that top-secret project with the hired killers that Scott was sort of a part of. I hate that I know this much about Scandal. I got caught up on it a month ago and watched all the episodes on Netflix. I’m not proud. Scott Foley seems like he could carry a series, and he’s pretty big-name.
    Just please don’t be Brody!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scott and Kerry are the only reason why anyone watches Scandal everyone hates Tony Goldwyn

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve seen you post this comment several times on this board but no one else has agreed with you. Stop speaking for the masses. It’s one thing to comment your own opinion but you can’t back that statement up – for one, I love Tony Goldwyn AND Scott Foley. So when you have some actual evidence, then you can comment 8 times about how EVERYONE watches Scandal for Scott and Kerry. Even though I love Scott Foley, I’d still watch it if he dies and I doubt I’m alone in that because many people were watching it before he came on. Some people watch it for Mellie, some for Kerry, some for Olitz, some for the Gladiators, etc. The list goes on and on. Scott does not carry the show. He’s just a good addition.

Comment by Kat – October 17, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So your my Stalker thanks anyways I’m what you would a Troll so I go to all the sites and see what people say about the show so alot of people say that they hate Tony Goldwyn and Olitz and that Scott Foley makes the show much better and yes he can Carry Scandal and he is keeping the show on the air Him and Kerry so please Get your life and take a seat and shut up

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Comment by Lisa London – October 19, 2013 02:25 PM PDT
      • Stop spamming the comments with your stupid unpopular Scott Foley posts and let the grown ups discuss their legitimate opinions.

Comment by Kristen – October 17, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you and I will do the same

Comment by Mac Elisabeth – October 17, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You can’t even write in complete sentences.

Comment by TV Gord – October 17, 2013 09:35 PM PDT
    • He just got promoted to series regular so I don’t they would kill him off that quickly and I also don’t think he really is a lead. If it is Scandal I think Tony Goldwyn is way more likely, but who knows.

Comment by f – November 9, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Tony DiNozzo? He is kind of out of the loop right now. Would be nice to see him in his own show!

Comment by Shane – October 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam Palladio, Nashville.

Comment by Hamish – October 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously doubt it’s Castle..Fillion acts as though he has no desire to be tied up in another tv series..after Castle.

Comment by Emma – October 17, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Robert Carlyle is probably considered a bigger name than Josh Dallas, just saying. If people want to keep guessing OUAT, Charming isn’t the only male who might die in Neverland, you know?

Comment by anon – October 17, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also thought of Robert Carlyle when I read it. And I can’t really see how his storyline can continue know that he has gotten in touch with both Belle and Bae.

Comment by Oliver – October 20, 2013 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when Rob Lowe left the West Wing for a TV deal with CBS. I’m just saying… It did not work out for him.

Comment by CC – October 17, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could be Tony from NCIS.

Comment by Alex – October 17, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Note to self: don’t skim these things before responding. LOL

Joe Morton from Scandal was the first name that popped into my head (after rereading LOL) but much as I like him, I’m not sure he qualifies at “big-time” in this context.

Comment by tejasjulia – October 17, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perhaps if we limited the audience to fans of John Sayles movies.

Comment by Marc – October 17, 2013 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it horrendous if I say Booth on Bones? I know that he and Brennan are getting married and they are perfect, but there has been worse.

Comment by Annabelle – October 17, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna need a little bit more than this to go on, Michael. You described just about every drama out there.

Comment by megan – October 17, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is Maurice Benard and the show is General Hospital.

He’s not a big name in the entertainment world but huge in the soapy world.

He’s the lead actor on GH now that Steve Burton is gone.

He re-signed a contract with GH but the details of it have never been revealed.

It’s been rumored that it was a short term contract.

It’s also been rumored that Sonny will leave the mob after this storyline with the jeromes ends.

I think the movie might be 50 shades of gray and he’s up for the role of Christian.

Comment by Lexiana May – October 17, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, pretty sure he won’t be hired for any prime-time shows anytime soon. Plus “big-time” implies that he;s known everywhere not just to soap people

Comment by anon – October 17, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is too old for the role of Christian.

Comment by CC – October 18, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska Hargitay

Comment by Christian Wieneke – October 17, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not a man, but that would be interesting.

Comment by xK – October 18, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • George Eads from CSI

Comment by holly – October 17, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only The Newroom weren’t on hiatus right now (I kid I kid)
    The phrasing that he uses makes me thing that’s the lead star, or the male lead at least. I’m think JFD counts as that on Bones.

Comment by longklaw – October 17, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, Boreanaz is the male lead on Bones.

Comment by Apples – October 17, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha, JFD thinks he’s the male lead on Bones but MOST fans don’t agree, It’s David and Emily as leads. But JFD is a good guess, he’s a writer/producer/actor and has some projects coming up.

Comment by Allison – October 17, 2013 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It says “it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.” As much death as is on SOA and The Walking Dead, I’m not sure there’s too many deaths that would be considered a major upcoming twist – unless maybe the governor resurfaces and dies or they off Daryl (not likely to happen soon).

Comment by Karen – October 17, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actor who plays the Governor has already signed on to another TV series, so it can’t be him. While I wouldn’t be surprised if Kirkman wants to kill off Daryl, I doubt he’ll die this early.

Comment by xK – October 18, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thinking of Scott Caan from H50 – he’s a big time actor (starred in the Oceans movies) and (IMHO) he’s wasted on H50. He might want to move on.

Comment by Lesley – October 17, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw a article on sliertv a few weeks ago saying Homeland was killing Brody off

Comment by Brandy – October 17, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this.

And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I discovered it
    for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….

Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for
    spending some time to discuss this issue here on
    your site.

Comment by what career should i choose – October 17, 2013 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, your comment about you and your co-worker and ordering breakfast is more interesting now than who gets killed off on Grey/Castle/Homeland/CSI. I’ve stopped caring about McSteamy, and I’m hoping you write some more and let us know how things work out over breakfast tomorrow morning with your co-worker. You know, this is how series pilot orders come about – someone has a compelling story that can be turned into a screen play. NBC already has the screenwriter ready to go. ;)

Comment by The story of two young co-workers, drawn together by TVline and Michael A. - breakfast is ordered, and then... – October 17, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those of you who guessed Damian Lewis… I think you’re right.
    Though, at this point, too many people would likely know about the situation to keep a secret for much longer — the respective production companies, the current network (SHO, or someone else), agents/managers, cast/crew members and their posse.
    I’d say that if Ausiello got the scoop now, it’s only a matter of time before the prospective new series creator has to give up the goods to any interested networks. And from there, it’ll be mere days before that leak becomes a gush.

Comment by Just one thing – October 17, 2013 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way the blind is written makes it sound like the death will be happening within the next few weeks, so you’re probably right about it only a little while before it becomes public knowledge.

Comment by anon – October 17, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Harmon or Michael Weatherly. Then one of them can star on the new NCIS spin-off.

Comment by Maria – October 17, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After losing Cote and Ziva. NO way would they kill off Tony or Gibbs. The NCIS spinoff has already been picked up, and gone to pilot stage. This show and the star hasn’t been pitched yet because of the name who is already employed. They can’t talk about. They have talked about the NCIS: New Orleans show. They don’t need to cast yet, since it’s not to later this season. When it airs as a back door pilot.

Comment by Stacey – October 17, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it’s a spin-off, it happens in the same reality. One can’t die in one show to be reborn as another character in the other ;)

Comment by Barbie Furtado – October 17, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim caviesal from poi. It explains sarah sahli being series regular

Comment by brian h – October 17, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like Shaw – no matter how bad*ss they try to make her 5’2″ sexy self – could possibly fill a void left by Reese’s departure….

Comment by Lilly – October 17, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed,hope not.i have taken notice of all the semi-new stars.

Comment by David Paskalik – October 17, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Patrick Dempsey from Grey’s Anatomy.

Comment by Georgia – October 17, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LL Cool J?

Comment by Gilda – October 17, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ice-T from SVU especially now with Munch gone.

Comment by auntiemm – October 17, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the pic looks like jim caviezel on, person of interest,,,,better NOT be.

Comment by David Paskalik – October 17, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the same generic photo they use for every blind item, don’t worry.

Comment by Lisa London – October 19, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diggle?

Comment by Ankur – October 17, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Oh wait, He’s not a big time actor. Phew… that was a close one…

Comment by Tone LG – October 18, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the big hint here is “On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.” Most shows would wait until the finale to kill off a major character, which for a 22 episode network show would be in May. I think its gotta be a show that will be over by midseason, so I’m going with Homeland.

Comment by Stacy – October 17, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars

Comment by Joe – October 17, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Giancarlo Esposito’s Tom Neville?

Comment by Dan – October 17, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Daryl from Walking Dead, but I don’t know if I’d call Norman Reedus a “big time actor”…

Comment by Babybop – October 17, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kiefer Sutherland?

Comment by Dooger – October 17, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is he even starring in a show at the moment?

Comment by EJ386 – October 18, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on I'm LissaBreen – Welcome To My World (My Life, My Way&My Destiny).

Comment by LissaCaldina – October 17, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forgetting the Thursday thing, maybe Wahlberg from Blue Bloods?

Comment by spotteddog – October 17, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Norman Reedus.

Comment by alistaircrane – October 17, 2013 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Henry Czerny? Or someone from Chicago Fire but I doubt they’d want to kill off Jesse Spencer or Taylor Kinney.

Comment by Kristen – October 17, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It said big name actor.

Comment by Zach – October 17, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *snort* I know, it’s like folks are just listing people they think are important on their shows, fearing the loss of that actor. If they’re not a huge get, it’s not gonna be a big deal for the networks if they attach themselves. Then there are people who are names but nobody’d be stealing off for their own starring gig because, well, nobody cares enough to tune in to that person’s new show to the point that the network would care. Re: one I saw a lot as a suggestion, I don’t see why it would be Scott Foley. He’s already gotten burned trying to do his own starring show and this is relatively new work on a hit show. He wouldn’t leave so soon of his own volition. Also, Shonda doesn’t give that kind of heads up to the actors. Many of them check to see if they’re alive that week. Scott would have to ask to leave the show and I can’t see him doing that. He shares a trailer with Josh Malina which amuses me and I’d like that to continue. It’s fun when they tease each other on Twitter. I don’t watch Homeland but I suppose Damian’s an option, Would Morena have a reason to stay? I don’t know how it’s set up so maybe that’s easily done, but shows tend not to like to write off multiple actors like that unless you’re Shonda on Grey’s. Downton had to kill people off BECAUSE a couple actors wanted to leave and their onscreen partners didn’t.

Comment by scooby – October 17, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeff Perry from Scandal?

Comment by Kristen – October 17, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch Grey’s Anatomy anymore but I think is Patrick.

Comment by Julianna – October 17, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first inclination is to say Kevin Bacon from “The Following.” Anyone else wondering the same thing?

Comment by Kat – October 17, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have a bad feeling it is George Eads/ Nick Stokes on CSI. All the stuff that has happened to him with the show lately. If it is his fans will follow him to a new show.

Comment by Jen – October 17, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far the only “big name” that has been mentioned is Mark Harmon from NCIS. It has to be a big star on a very popular show which eliminates the majority of the shows and actors mentioned. Well known actors like Matt Boner of White Collar are the show and they couldn’t go on without them, same as Castle. Maybe Bones?? Chris O’Donnell is an A List star????

Comment by Daisy Day – October 17, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daisy, O’Donnell was a big movie star in the 90s… He’s way more of a household name than Matt Bomer or even Nathan Fillion. In terms of big names, Damian Lewis or Steve Buscemi are my best bet for this blind item since they’ve both had big careers outside of their current shows.

Comment by Lisa London – October 19, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big name actor with a TV drama series – that must be Sean Hayes!

What? Sean’s show is a comedy, not a drama? Then why is no one laughing when the show is on?

Comment by I'm warning you all - Sean will save the world - but perhaps not this season due to cancellation – October 17, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to say Misha Collins but he’s not a ‘big time’ actor.

Comment by Linda – October 17, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Noth? The Good Wife?

Comment by Jennifer Johnson – October 17, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post