Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

1. Connor says:

Nathan Fillion?
    The Castle fandom hates him :S

• Apples says:

Nonsense. Castle the show doesn’t exist without Fillion. He copped a bit of backlash during the summer over his salary negotiations, but most of the fandom knows he and Katic are the backbone of the show.

• James says:

The fandom does not hate him. They won him 2 Peoples Choice Awards for favorite actor – geez.

• Maria says:

whaaaaaat? I’m part of the Castle fandom and I adore the guy. I adore the whole cast. (Well, except for Pi…)

• scooby says:

Such a shame the actor who plays Pi doesn’t qualify as a big name actor. I might get my hopes up. ;) Before anybody says that’s mean, hey he’d be getting his own show so no harm no foul and no more Pi.

2. Scandal would end If Scott Foley was killed off

3. Todd says:

Nucky from Boardwalk Empire

4. Tony Goldwyn is bring scandal down Olake is the heart of scandal Olitz is like watching rape happen is slow motion

5. Kay says:

Bye bye Mr. President. Olivia is ganna have to start wearing less white and more black

6. Cassandra says:

I’m going to go bold with my guess of Steve Buscemi. Nucky is seemingly the center of Boardwalk Empire, but with as many characters as they’ve added, I could see the story going with the other characters they have set up. And while the show is fictional, many of the characters are real and well known for founding organized crime. IMO, it’s getting harder by the season to suspend disbelief that Nucky’s empire would stretch any further because of this mashup between reality and fiction.

7. femiz says:

Let’s see: the ongoing show has to have more than one male lead, otherwise it will come to an end with the dead of this character.
    So I would rule out Castle, Bones.
    Can be Homeland, since Brody is not an essential character this year and it would be an amazing twist.
    There are no big male leads in Scandal or Revenge.
    Can be Peter Krause of Parenthood. I don’t know if it makes sense, don’t watch this show.
    Somebody from OUAT, but same as above, don’t watch it.
    I would guess that, for a major lead to leave a show mid season – I’m guessing here that the death occurs during november sweeps – something must have gone wrong behind the scenes, if the show is popular. OR the show may be on for a long time and said actor is tired. That would leave somebody from TVD or Grey’s anatomy…

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

I actually do think it’s Scott Foley from Scandal. I remember seeing a preview that showed the next episode would be about someone with a bomb. Plus, if we’re talking military drills, his character was in the military, and if we’re talking shut traps, he was kept inside that locked trap for awhile, plus it’s airing soon, And if we’re talking top-secret projects and stealth, Scandal had that top-secret project with the hired killers that Scott was sort of a part of. I hate that I know this much about Scandal. I got caught up on it a month ago and watched all the episodes on Netflix. I’m not proud. Scott Foley seems like he could carry a series, and he’s pretty big-name.
    Just please don’t be Brody!

• Scott and Kerry are the only reason why anyone watches Scandal everyone hates Tony Goldwyn

• Kat says:

I’ve seen you post this comment several times on this board but no one else has agreed with you. Stop speaking for the masses. It’s one thing to comment your own opinion but you can’t back that statement up – for one, I love Tony Goldwyn AND Scott Foley. So when you have some actual evidence, then you can comment 8 times about how EVERYONE watches Scandal for Scott and Kerry. Even though I love Scott Foley, I’d still watch it if he dies and I doubt I’m alone in that because many people were watching it before he came on. Some people watch it for Mellie, some for Kerry, some for Olitz, some for the Gladiators, etc. The list goes on and on. Scott does not carry the show. He’s just a good addition.

• So your my Stalker thanks anyways I’m what you would a Troll so I go to all the sites and see what people say about the show so alot of people say that they hate Tony Goldwyn and Olitz and that Scott Foley makes the show much better and yes he can Carry Scandal and he is keeping the show on the air Him and Kerry so please Get your life and take a seat and shut up

• Kristen says:

Stop spamming the comments with your stupid unpopular Scott Foley posts and let the grown ups discuss their legitimate opinions.

• f says:

He just got promoted to series regular so I don’t they would kill him off that quickly and I also don’t think he really is a lead. If it is Scandal I think Tony Goldwyn is way more likely, but who knows.

9. Shane says:

What about Tony DiNozzo? He is kind of out of the loop right now. Would be nice to see him in his own show!

10. Hamish says:

Sam Palladio, Nashville.

11. Emma says:

I seriously doubt it’s Castle..Fillion acts as though he has no desire to be tied up in another tv series..after Castle.

12. anon says:

Robert Carlyle is probably considered a bigger name than Josh Dallas, just saying. If people want to keep guessing OUAT, Charming isn’t the only male who might die in Neverland, you know?

• Oliver says:

I also thought of Robert Carlyle when I read it. And I can’t really see how his storyline can continue know that he has gotten in touch with both Belle and Bae.

13. CC says:

Remember when Rob Lowe left the West Wing for a TV deal with CBS. I’m just saying… It did not work out for him.

14. Alex says:

Could be Tony from NCIS.

15. tejasjulia says:

Note to self: don’t skim these things before responding. LOL

Joe Morton from Scandal was the first name that popped into my head (after rereading LOL) but much as I like him, I’m not sure he qualifies at “big-time” in this context.

16. Annabelle says:

is it horrendous if I say Booth on Bones? I know that he and Brennan are getting married and they are perfect, but there has been worse.

17. megan says:

Gonna need a little bit more than this to go on, Michael. You described just about every drama out there.

18. Lexiana May says:

I think this is Maurice Benard and the show is General Hospital.

He’s not a big name in the entertainment world but huge in the soapy world.

He’s the lead actor on GH now that Steve Burton is gone.

He re-signed a contract with GH but the details of it have never been revealed.

It’s been rumored that it was a short term contract.

It’s also been rumored that Sonny will leave the mob after this storyline with the jeromes ends.

I think the movie might be 50 shades of gray and he’s up for the role of Christian.

19. holly says:

George Eads from CSI

20. longklaw says:

If only The Newroom weren’t on hiatus right now (I kid I kid)
    The phrasing that he uses makes me thing that’s the lead star, or the male lead at least. I’m think JFD counts as that on Bones.

• Apples says:

Nope, Boreanaz is the male lead on Bones.

• Allison says:

haha, JFD thinks he’s the male lead on Bones but MOST fans don’t agree, It’s David and Emily as leads. But JFD is a good guess, he’s a writer/producer/actor and has some projects coming up.

21. Karen says:

It says “it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.” As much death as is on SOA and The Walking Dead, I’m not sure there’s too many deaths that would be considered a major upcoming twist – unless maybe the governor resurfaces and dies or they off Daryl (not likely to happen soon).

• xK says:

The actor who plays the Governor has already signed on to another TV series, so it can’t be him. While I wouldn’t be surprised if Kirkman wants to kill off Daryl, I doubt he’ll die this early.

22. Lesley says:

I was thinking of Scott Caan from H50 – he’s a big time actor (starred in the Oceans movies) and (IMHO) he’s wasted on H50. He might want to move on.

23. Brandy says:

I saw a article on sliertv a few weeks ago saying Homeland was killing Brody off

24. An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this.

And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I discovered it
    for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….

Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for
    spending some time to discuss this issue here on
    your site.

• The story of two young co-workers, drawn together by TVline and Michael A. - breakfast is ordered, and then... says:

Wow, your comment about you and your co-worker and ordering breakfast is more interesting now than who gets killed off on Grey/Castle/Homeland/CSI. I’ve stopped caring about McSteamy, and I’m hoping you write some more and let us know how things work out over breakfast tomorrow morning with your co-worker. You know, this is how series pilot orders come about – someone has a compelling story that can be turned into a screen play. NBC already has the screenwriter ready to go. ;)

25. Just one thing says:

Those of you who guessed Damian Lewis… I think you’re right.
    Though, at this point, too many people would likely know about the situation to keep a secret for much longer — the respective production companies, the current network (SHO, or someone else), agents/managers, cast/crew members and their posse.
    I’d say that if Ausiello got the scoop now, it’s only a matter of time before the prospective new series creator has to give up the goods to any interested networks. And from there, it’ll be mere days before that leak becomes a gush.

• anon says:

The way the blind is written makes it sound like the death will be happening within the next few weeks, so you’re probably right about it only a little while before it becomes public knowledge.

26. Maria says:

Mark Harmon or Michael Weatherly. Then one of them can star on the new NCIS spin-off.

• Stacey says:

After losing Cote and Ziva. NO way would they kill off Tony or Gibbs. The NCIS spinoff has already been picked up, and gone to pilot stage. This show and the star hasn’t been pitched yet because of the name who is already employed. They can’t talk about. They have talked about the NCIS: New Orleans show. They don’t need to cast yet, since it’s not to later this season. When it airs as a back door pilot.

• If it’s a spin-off, it happens in the same reality. One can’t die in one show to be reborn as another character in the other ;)

27. brian h says:

Jim caviesal from poi. It explains sarah sahli being series regular

28. Georgia says:

I think it’s Patrick Dempsey from Grey’s Anatomy.

29. Gilda says:

LL Cool J?

30. auntiemm says:

Ice-T from SVU especially now with Munch gone.

31. the pic looks like jim caviezel on, person of interest,,,,better NOT be.

32. Ankur says:

Diggle?

33. Stacy says:

I think the big hint here is “On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.” Most shows would wait until the finale to kill off a major character, which for a 22 episode network show would be in May. I think its gotta be a show that will be over by midseason, so I’m going with Homeland.

34. Joe says:

Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars

35. Dan says:

Could it be Giancarlo Esposito’s Tom Neville?

36. Babybop says:

My first thought was Daryl from Walking Dead, but I don’t know if I’d call Norman Reedus a “big time actor”…

37. Dooger says:

Kiefer Sutherland?

38. spotteddog says:

Forgetting the Thursday thing, maybe Wahlberg from Blue Bloods?

39. alistaircrane says:

Norman Reedus.

40. Kristen says:

Henry Czerny? Or someone from Chicago Fire but I doubt they’d want to kill off Jesse Spencer or Taylor Kinney.

• Zach says:

It said big name actor.

• scooby says:

*snort* I know, it’s like folks are just listing people they think are important on their shows, fearing the loss of that actor. If they’re not a huge get, it’s not gonna be a big deal for the networks if they attach themselves. Then there are people who are names but nobody’d be stealing off for their own starring gig because, well, nobody cares enough to tune in to that person’s new show to the point that the network would care. Re: one I saw a lot as a suggestion, I don’t see why it would be Scott Foley. He’s already gotten burned trying to do his own starring show and this is relatively new work on a hit show. He wouldn’t leave so soon of his own volition. Also, Shonda doesn’t give that kind of heads up to the actors. Many of them check to see if they’re alive that week. Scott would have to ask to leave the show and I can’t see him doing that. He shares a trailer with Josh Malina which amuses me and I’d like that to continue. It’s fun when they tease each other on Twitter. I don’t watch Homeland but I suppose Damian’s an option, Would Morena have a reason to stay? I don’t know how it’s set up so maybe that’s easily done, but shows tend not to like to write off multiple actors like that unless you’re Shonda on Grey’s. Downton had to kill people off BECAUSE a couple actors wanted to leave and their onscreen partners didn’t.

41. Kristen says:

Jeff Perry from Scandal?

42. Julianna says:

I don’t even watch Grey’s Anatomy anymore but I think is Patrick.

43. Kat says:

My first inclination is to say Kevin Bacon from “The Following.” Anyone else wondering the same thing?

44. Jen says:

Have a bad feeling it is George Eads/ Nick Stokes on CSI. All the stuff that has happened to him with the show lately. If it is his fans will follow him to a new show.

45. Daisy Day says:

So far the only “big name” that has been mentioned is Mark Harmon from NCIS. It has to be a big star on a very popular show which eliminates the majority of the shows and actors mentioned. Well known actors like Matt Boner of White Collar are the show and they couldn’t go on without them, same as Castle. Maybe Bones?? Chris O’Donnell is an A List star????

• Lisa London says:

Daisy, O’Donnell was a big movie star in the 90s… He’s way more of a household name than Matt Bomer or even Nathan Fillion. In terms of big names, Damian Lewis or Steve Buscemi are my best bet for this blind item since they’ve both had big careers outside of their current shows.

46. I'm warning you all - Sean will save the world - but perhaps not this season due to cancellation says:

Big name actor with a TV drama series – that must be Sean Hayes!

What? Sean’s show is a comedy, not a drama? Then why is no one laughing when the show is on?

47. Linda says:

I was going to say Misha Collins but he’s not a ‘big time’ actor.

48. Chris Noth? The Good Wife?