Blind Item: Hit Series Poised to Kill Off Star

blinditemUpdate: Actor behind Blind Item revealed!

Check it: A prospective new TV pilot just landed a big-time actor as its star, but the up-and-coming producer/writer behind the future series can’t pitch it to a single network. Heck, he can’t even discuss it with anyone — and that’s because there’s a spoiler bomb embedded within the top-secret project.

You see, the headliner in question is currently starring on a popular hour-long drama series. And if word were to get out that he has committed himself to a new full-time gig, it could potentially ruin a major upcoming twist: his onscreen death.

SCOOP | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Walking Dead, Nashville, The Mentalist, Supernatural and More

So the scribe has graciously agreed to keep his script — and his stealth casting coup — under wraps until the morning after the character meets his end.

On the bright side, I hear he won’t have to keep his trap shut for much longer.

You know the drill. Start speculating in the comments section below!

1. para says:

it’s patrick dempsey!
    he is going to die on greys!

2. Blake says:

If it’s considered a big coup, my money’s on Damian Lewis.

3. gabe says:

david boreanaz (booth).

4. Terry says:

What about McDreamy, Derek Shepard, on Grey’s Anatomy?

5. James R. says:

Bomb and Top Secret… Thinking Brody from Homeland or someone from SoA

6. BC says:

Well, I know Mr. A. isn’t giving us much to go off here, but he does use the words “stealth”, “trap”, “bomb”, and “drill.” I may be totally stretching here, but maybe these are clues? Something with a military or adventure angle, like NCIS or Arrow? I harbor this terrible fear that Diggle’s on borrowed time now that Roy Harper is slowly squirming his way into the Arrow Cave. Or maybe one of our noble cops will be exiting the ever growing cast of Person of Interest?

7. Mike R. says:

My money is also on Damian Lewis.

8. erin says:

William H Macy??

• Diane says:

That’s who I thought of!!!

• Lexiana May says:

I think you might be on to something.

Frank was having problems with his health at the end of the season and he didn’t want to take the doctor’s advice about drinking.

Maybe he went against it and the gallaghers are without their main hobo.

I want to go with Justin Chatwin but the higher ups announced months ago that Jimmy had been killed off.

• EJ386 says:

This makes the most sense to me, but then again the “clues” don’t really seem to be about either Shameless or Frank. It could be Cameron Monaghan with the military clues but if he leaves it would be for the big screen…

9. Brad says:

Hostages, Criminal Minds, or Homeland?

10. Blake says:

The pic chosen to illustrate the article shows Jim Caviezel though, but it can’t be that easy, right?

11. someone from walking dead…obvi

12. Linderella says:

Chris Noth?

13. Amy Street says:

Rigsby is leaving The Mentalist right?
    Maybe he dies?

14. Kathleen says:

It is NCIS:LA and would have to be LL Cool J or Chris O’Donnell. I am guessing LL Cool J.

15. James says:

It’s Patrick Dempsey. He has a new gig.

16. cobaltlynx says:

Charlie Hunnam? Explains why he would be too busy for 50 Shades.

• CA says:

Except Aus said the new show hasn’t been picked up by any network so if Hunnam would be taking quite the risk in dropping out of 50 Shades on the hope that the new show would be bought. Besides, his name for 50 Shades notwithstanding, can Hunnam be considered a big-time actor and star?

17. Melanie says:

Damien Lewis is the best guess I’ve seen.

18. Erin says:

Since your spoiler on Nashville in this weeks Ask Ausiello was that neither Rayna or Deacon die this season but someone else does. I’m going with Nashville. And now we know it’s a guy…… hmmmm could Teddy be meeting his demise?

19. Jess says:

I think it’s John Francis Daley from Bones.

20. B says:

Sue Sylvester, please. She’s a sociopath

21. Dana Patty says:

Damien Lewis, Homeland.

22. Kostas says:

Michael Weatherly? With the Tiva storyline done and dusted, it would make sense to bring in a hunky new secondary male lead to pair off against the new female character and rebuild UST.

And he deserves a chance to be a lead on his own series.

• Lolitta says:

Could be..His contract is up this season,right? Did he signed for S.12? He deserves his own series/team. Good actor – killed me in Ziva farewell!

• tejasjulia says:

All their contracts are up at the end of this season. He’s said over and over that he’ll be there until they shut off the lights, not to mention how excited he’s been about this season. Personally, I’d rather see him go to movies post-NCIS but who knows. And with a new spinoff on the board, they’re not going to want to kill the strongest lead-in they have for it.

• Lolitta says:

Oh,so I was right – contract is up this season.Whatever actors are saying is nothing set in stone.Would be strange if someone says he can’t wait to leave.I doubt any Network would be happy with that kind of honesty.Agree with you – would be nice to see him on the big screen! Actually blind item is pointing out to THAT type – strong lead actor.Also decision is probably made by actor – not network he is leaving.

• tejasjulia says:

Point being, an actor who seems very happy with his job and with a young family (wonder if the baby’s come yet) is unlikely to change jobs voluntarily when he’s got a good gig right now. A couple of years ago I would have agreed that he might be leaving. He seemed very unhappy, but that’s changed when you see/read his latest interviews.

• Lolitta says:

Nobody knows what kind decisions will be made.Specially with up-coming spin-off. Not saying he will leave, not at all! But it would be good for him go for something bigger then the old show.I am sorry..never seen LESS happier with the season then now. But I think I know what are you hinting on..So,taking into consideration my unwillingness to go there and bash any character or actor or give you opportunity to do so – let leave it on this…And NO – I’m NOT a Tiva fan.

23. Joesham says:

Hopefully someone in once upon a time, because of the ‘big-time’ thing. It’s a stretch but one can only hope; boy, is that show getting bad

• Lilly says:

Agree. But it’s the writers of Lost … what do you expect! I’m one of those who loved Lost the few couple of seasons but then they drove me away with their make-it-up-as-they-went whacked out story line. OUAT has the same feel. Unfortunately.

24. MrsVoltz says:

I immediately thought Josh Charles before I was even half way through the article

25. John says:

The one clue? It’s a Thursday show so the “for long” would indicate is my guess.

So who’s on tonight?

26. Olivia says:

Just for the sake of throwing another idea out there, someone from Covert Affairs? Chris Gorham or Peter Gallagher? I haven’t watch since S3 so I have no idea if it’s a realistic guess. IDK, the words that were noticed by BC a few comments above make me think something related to the CIA.

27. pilo says:

Michael Emerson, POI

• carlycane says:

If the POI writers are bold enough to kill him off, I’m gone.

• Lilly says:

I agree. Although I’m with POI as long as Caviezel is there…. But this season has a different feel. Not sure if it’s the addition of too many characters or what. Loved the basic magic between Caviezel and Emerson (and Bear).

• lll says:

I agree with you. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Shoehorning Shaw and Root into the storyline and trying to make them fit is sad. I like it basic too. Some people can’t leave a good thing alone.

• Lilly says:

Totally agree! I like both Root and Shaw okay, I guess, (and LOVE those actresses) but it’s like they got an audience and decided they had to spend more money on cast. Both of them incorporated at once are just a distraction from Reese, Finch, Carter & Fusco!
            But I also hate it when a good show is ruined because the writers have to “develop the characters” and forget about the story that drew us to the show in the first place. That’s why shows like NCIS are so successful. They explore a little side-stories about the characters, but they never get away from the basic formula: Great characters we just love spending an hour with each week solve crimes involving military personnel. Period. (I watch The Walking Dead to get my gut-wrenching, self-destructive story lines!!)

28. Amrita says:

Damian Lewis

29. Katie says:

I believe Damian Lewis has a contract which has him obligated to do a few more seasons of ‘Homeland’, I highly doubt they’ll kill him off the show, BUT it could happen! After surveying various dramas, I think the type of show that would get away with this would be a long-running series, being a series that has been on air over three years or so. Thinking along these lines, Patrick Dempsey is looking pretty good. However, the description of “big-time” actor implies this is actor is well-known, whether or not that is within the television community or the acting community, is uncertain. Additionally, I would assume that if the scribe did not have to wait much longer to make the announcement, the episode of the show in which the character perishes must be occurring sooner rather than later. So, popular long-running dramas that are airing on television right now with “big-time” actors: ‘Sons of Anarchy’, ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Boardwalk Empire’, ‘The Good Wife’, ‘CSI’, ‘NCIS’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘Parenthood’, ‘Supernatural’, ‘Bones’, ‘Castle’, and ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. I’m sure I’ve left some out, but these were the first ones that came to mind.

• Annie says:

I doubt seriously Shonda will kill off either Mer or Der. She’s gotten way too much flak for dipping into the death well too many times – often just to get rid of a character. The MerDer relationship is too central to the story she wants to tell on Grey’s, I think – he could well depart the show, as could Pompeo, but I strongly doubt that the mechanism would be the character’s death. All signs point to Lewis, I think, including the “stealth”/”bomb”/”top-secret” language in the item itself.

30. Zepp OnAir says:

Well, well … It could be the landing of John Noble in Sleepy Hollow, is not it?

31. jonathan says:

its josh dallas from once

32. Kim R says:

The Good Wife came to my mind immediately, maybe because of the article earlier today?

33. Marc says:

I see we are going for jokes today. Okay.

Bryan Cranston. And, this was supposed to be posted a year ago, but there was a glitch in the tvline.com server.

34. Monica says:

Kevin Bacon getting killed on The Following?

35. Steph says:

I’m off to form a prayer circle that it’s nobody on a show that I watch.

36. didi says:

Uuuuugh, Damien Lewis seems pretty obvi. as much as I hate to say it. :(

37. Jules says:

Patrick Dempsey has repeteadly said he has no intention of leaving Grey’s because it gives him the money necessary to race cars. But Kevin McKidd or Jesse Williams could be leaving, though I wish they wouldn’t kill them off!
    But my heart says it might be James Caviezel, from Person of Interest, and I will get extremely pissed off if this is the case! He can’t leave! His an integral part of POI!

38. 4luvofncis says:

I hope it isn’t Michael Weatherly, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Anita says:

Why not! He is a great actor, he needs to get out from that bullpen and ridiculous head-slaps!I certainly wouldn’t be surprised too.

39. Becca says:

Jim Caviezel, Person Of Interest

40. Kat says:

A while ago there were spoilers out there that Mozzie of “White Collar” might die. He’ll get poisoned and there were discussions that he already almost died once and this time he could REALLY die. I’m just not sure if he would fit the criteria and if Willie Garson is really a “big name” that could “pull off” his own show. Don’t misunderstand me, I love the “little guy” to pieces ,and I would be devastated if they REALLY went there, but then again, it would definitely give the show a new jolt since he’s basically Neal’s longest friend…
    But like I said, I wouldn’t consider him a “superstar” or “big name” or such…

41. masha says:

I am not sure who it is but its probably a character from either criminal minds, greys anatomy, scandal or bones.

42. spotteddog says:

If its a Thursday show, why would Josh Dallas or someone from “The Good Wife” even be mentioned? I think Patrick Dempsey’s contract runs out this year (read that somewhere), but there are actually a few guys on Greys who could be candidates.

43. johnhelvete says:

Unless the show is going to shoot in England, it is not Damian Lewis. Lewis will be doing movies for a while before he commits to another TV gig.

44. ali says:

what i consider to be clues lead to military or cop type shows…all i know is it better not be billy burke from revolution…the show could still work without him but it would be missing some serious spark…

45. AZ says:

Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds?????
    He does not have a contract for next year……

• Angela says:

Is he as big a name as some other celebrities, though? I adore the guy, of course, but I don’t know how well known he is outside of the show’s fanbase. Maybe he is, who knows?
      I hope to god it isn’t him, though. I would NOT be happy about that.

• EJ386 says:

That I could live with. He was awesome in the first couple of seasons but has become a bit of a drag…

46. AnninD says:

What about McDreamy on Grey’s? I seem to remember that he did a limited contract when his old one ran out.

• Addie says:

Everyone keeps saying him, but I can’t see him doing a new show for some reason? Like if he ever leaves Grey’s, I can see him semi-retiring from acting and going to racing.

47. Montycora says:

My first thought is Kevin Bacon from The Following

48. Ben says:

I’m going with George Eads from CSI. After his on set blow-up earlier this year and his forced hiatus, this would make sense.

49. Tvfanatic says:

umm… im gonna go with the governor on twd, although i wouldnt consider him a major character er anything…