Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to Return as Golden Globe Hosts (in 2014 and 2015)

Get More: Awards, Golden Globes

Golden Globe HostsThe Hollywood Foreign Press Association and NBC are sticking with a good thing, inking deals with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to return as hosts of the Golden Globe Awards in 2014 and 2015.

PHOTOS | 2013 Golden Globe Awards: The Best & Worst Moments

“Tina and Amy are two of the most talented comedic writer/performers in our business and they were a major reason the Golden Globes was the most entertaining awards show of last season,” said NBC’s alternative programming president Paul Telegdy in a statement. “We’re elated they wanted to host together again and that they committed for the next two years.”

Last year’s Fey/Poehler-hosted show attracted nearly 20 million viewers, a 17 percent surge vs. 2012 (the increase among adults 18-49 was 28 percent).

The 2014 Globes ceremony is set to air on Sunday, Jan. 12 on NBC.

Comments (39)

• yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Comment by Parker – October 15, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHOA. Nice job Golden Globes

Comment by Christian Wieneke – October 15, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! I’m so looking forward to the Golden Globes now! These two are comedy gold!

Comment by Heisenberg – October 15, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get a movie too? Two shows and a movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ace – October 15, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they already have a movie: Baby Mama which is hilarious, but yes another movie with them would be awesome.

Comment by Miss VCI – October 15, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Baby Mama 2: Diaper Boogaloo? ;)

Comment by DL – October 15, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love them to do another movie together (Well, there’s Anchorman 2 but it’s just a cameo) and I also want them to have their own show together.

Comment by Lily – October 15, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They were both in Mean Girls…it was hilarious.

Comment by ilovefootball2525 – October 15, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the BEST news! Can Tina and Amy host The Emmy’s too?

Comment by Jane – October 15, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would LOVE for them to host the Emmy’s, but I think I read somewhere that they didn’t like all the pressure that comes with hosting that and the Oscars. I absolutely love these two! :D

Comment by Drew Herring (@drewjherring) – October 15, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fey & Poehler. Talk about a dynamic duo.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 15, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS

Comment by erin – October 15, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t find anything entertaining about these ladies. Honestly, I just don’t see it.

Comment by RS – October 15, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100%.

Comment by TVFan – October 15, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re totally right. They weren’t anything special. The thing is that award shows aren’t funny. Fey and Poehler only had to be funnier than hosts usually are, and they were. Allegedly. When the bar is already inanely low, you don’t have to do much to clear it. And people had already decided that these ladies are funny so they were going to love anything they did. But now, like with Ricky Gervais, the audience is going to expect knee-slapping hilarity and they aren’t going to get it. They are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Comment by Megan – October 15, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, Megan, you’re so smart! You know “people” better than they know themselves! I didn’t realize until just now that I only loved Tina & Amy on the last GG because I had “already decided” they were funny and not because, you know, they were ACTUALLY FUNNY. You don’t have to be a fan (although I suspect you’re not much fun to be around if you can’t find anything likable in two of the most likable people alive) but you don’t get to declare yourself the expert on Fans of Tina and Amy and Why They’re So Delusional. Go back to your Jeff Foxworthy jokes and let the grown-ups talk.

Comment by Kate – October 15, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yowza. A little quick to run to the tired, baseless insults, aren’t ya? And all because someone disagreed with you. Si

Comment by Megan – October 15, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whoops. Beware the dangers of typing on your phone. Anyway, since you took such issue with what I said, I must have hit the nail on the head. But on the off chance I didn’t, if what I said doesn’t apply to you then you have nothing to be mad at. Let me know if there’s anything else you need me to clear up for you.

Comment by Megan – October 15, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s the way your comment was worded Megan, it comes across pretty condescending. I get what you’re trying to say, I just think it wasn’t worded that great. Or maybe that was your point and if so, fine. But I can see why some would take offense.

Comment by Ju – October 16, 2013 03:57 AM PDT
          • Yes, it’s your implication that people only liked them hosting because they had already decided they were funny and not because they actually were. People find different things to be funny and/or entertaining. You’re certainly free not to enjoy these two but it’s wrong to assume others do only because they are programmed to.

Comment by Francine – October 16, 2013 05:31 AM PDT
  • I never tuned in to any of their actual shows so this is unlikely to draw me in to an award show that I care little about to begin with.

Comment by BillK – October 15, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cool.

Comment by Kyle – October 15, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But it drew you in to reading and commenting on the article. Yeah, totally makes sense.

Comment by Lynne – October 15, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy they’ll be hosting the awards show for the next two years!

Comment by joey – October 15, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic! Looking forward to them already!

Comment by schu – October 15, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!! Yes yes!!
    Can’t wait <3

Comment by Astrid – October 15, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Golden Globes…I want to go to there.

Comment by Eric – October 15, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t be more satisfied with Tina and Amy hosting the Globes and Ellen hosting the Oscars. :) Yays, yays everywhere!

Comment by Sarabi – October 15, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! They did great last year and I think we can expect the same thing again :)

Comment by Cheeky – October 15, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a good thing because they were the best host .

Comment by Ashley – October 15, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    Booze, Dinner with Fey and Poehler?? Hmmm YESSSS!!!!!

Comment by nguber – October 15, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how they said “Tina and Amy are two of the most talented comedic writer/performers in our business” and didn’t add anything about how they’re women, so nice to see that they’re being asked back simply because they’re extremely talented PEOPLE. :] I can’t wait to see what shenanigans they’ll come up with for this years show!

Comment by JJ – October 15, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should host everything, always.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – October 15, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Comment by sara – October 15, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still laughing about them telling Taylor Swift to stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son!

Comment by tnsmoke – October 15, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy saying how she trusted Kathryn Bigelow when it came to torture because she spent 3 years married to James Cameron is seriously one of the funniest things I’ve heard in my life.

Comment by Ron – October 15, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That and saying Meryl Streep has pneumonia and she would be great in it were two of the best jokes.

Comment by JON – October 15, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THAT’s what I’m talkin’ about. Well done, NBC.

Comment by Zoe – October 15, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good times, good times.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 16, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post