Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to Return as Golden Globe Hosts (in 2014 and 2015)

Golden Globe HostsThe Hollywood Foreign Press Association and NBC are sticking with a good thing, inking deals with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to return as hosts of the Golden Globe Awards in 2014 and 2015.

PHOTOS | 2013 Golden Globe Awards: The Best & Worst Moments

“Tina and Amy are two of the most talented comedic writer/performers in our business and they were a major reason the Golden Globes was the most entertaining awards show of last season,” said NBC’s alternative programming president Paul Telegdy in a statement. “We’re elated they wanted to host together again and that they committed for the next two years.”

Last year’s Fey/Poehler-hosted show attracted nearly 20 million viewers, a 17 percent surge vs. 2012 (the increase among adults 18-49 was 28 percent).

The 2014 Globes ceremony is set to air on Sunday, Jan. 12 on NBC.

1. Parker says:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

2. WHOA. Nice job Golden Globes

3. Heisenberg says:

THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! I’m so looking forward to the Golden Globes now! These two are comedy gold!

4. ace says:

Can we get a movie too? Two shows and a movie!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jane says:

This is the BEST news! Can Tina and Amy host The Emmy’s too?

6. Tran 2.0 says:

Fey & Poehler. Talk about a dynamic duo.

7. RS says:

Can’t find anything entertaining about these ladies. Honestly, I just don’t see it.

• TVFan says:

Agree 100%.

• Megan says:

You’re totally right. They weren’t anything special. The thing is that award shows aren’t funny. Fey and Poehler only had to be funnier than hosts usually are, and they were. Allegedly. When the bar is already inanely low, you don’t have to do much to clear it. And people had already decided that these ladies are funny so they were going to love anything they did. But now, like with Ricky Gervais, the audience is going to expect knee-slapping hilarity and they aren’t going to get it. They are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

• Kate says:

Wow, Megan, you’re so smart! You know “people” better than they know themselves! I didn’t realize until just now that I only loved Tina & Amy on the last GG because I had “already decided” they were funny and not because, you know, they were ACTUALLY FUNNY. You don’t have to be a fan (although I suspect you’re not much fun to be around if you can’t find anything likable in two of the most likable people alive) but you don’t get to declare yourself the expert on Fans of Tina and Amy and Why They’re So Delusional. Go back to your Jeff Foxworthy jokes and let the grown-ups talk.

• Megan says:

Yowza. A little quick to run to the tired, baseless insults, aren’t ya? And all because someone disagreed with you. Si

• Megan says:

Whoops. Beware the dangers of typing on your phone. Anyway, since you took such issue with what I said, I must have hit the nail on the head. But on the off chance I didn’t, if what I said doesn’t apply to you then you have nothing to be mad at. Let me know if there’s anything else you need me to clear up for you.

• Ju says:

It’s the way your comment was worded Megan, it comes across pretty condescending. I get what you’re trying to say, I just think it wasn’t worded that great. Or maybe that was your point and if so, fine. But I can see why some would take offense.

• Francine says:

Yes, it’s your implication that people only liked them hosting because they had already decided they were funny and not because they actually were. People find different things to be funny and/or entertaining. You’re certainly free not to enjoy these two but it’s wrong to assume others do only because they are programmed to.

8. BillK says:

I never tuned in to any of their actual shows so this is unlikely to draw me in to an award show that I care little about to begin with.

9. joey says:

happy they’ll be hosting the awards show for the next two years!

10. schu says:

This is fantastic! Looking forward to them already!

11. Astrid says:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!! Yes yes!!
    Can’t wait <3

12. Eric says:

The Golden Globes…I want to go to there.

13. Sarabi says:

I couldn’t be more satisfied with Tina and Amy hosting the Globes and Ellen hosting the Oscars. :) Yays, yays everywhere!

14. Cheeky says:

Awesome! They did great last year and I think we can expect the same thing again :)

15. Ashley says:

That is a good thing because they were the best host .

16. nguber says:

Reblogged this on iwatch2much and commented:
    Booze, Dinner with Fey and Poehler?? Hmmm YESSSS!!!!!

17. JJ says:

I love how they said “Tina and Amy are two of the most talented comedic writer/performers in our business” and didn’t add anything about how they’re women, so nice to see that they’re being asked back simply because they’re extremely talented PEOPLE. :] I can’t wait to see what shenanigans they’ll come up with for this years show!

18. Magically Suspicious says:

They should host everything, always.

19. sara says:

yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

20. tnsmoke says:

I’m still laughing about them telling Taylor Swift to stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son!

21. Ron says:

Amy saying how she trusted Kathryn Bigelow when it came to torture because she spent 3 years married to James Cameron is seriously one of the funniest things I’ve heard in my life.

22. Zoe says:

THAT’s what I’m talkin’ about. Well done, NBC.

23. Britta Unfiltered says: