Suds Shocker: The Bold and the Beautiful Casts AMC Vet Thorsten Kaye as Ridge 2.0

Get More: Casting News

Thorsten Kaye Bold and BeautifulA bold move indeed: All My Children‘s Thorsten Kaye has been cast as Ridge Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful, TVLine has confirmed.

Kaye replaces Ron Moss, who shocked the soap world last summer when he announced that he was leaving Ridge behind after 25 years.

According to TV Guide Magazine, which broke the news, Kaye will make his B&B debut on Dec. 13.

RELATED | Spoilers on Nashville, The Walking Dead, Revenge, NCIS: LA, The Mentalist and More

The new gig means that the actor’s AMC days are effectively over. “I don’t have a contract there anymore,” Kaye told TVG of the in-limbo soap, which is currently on an indefinite hiatus. “There are a lot of talented and caring people over there and I wish them all luck. And I certainly hope that my leaving will not affect the show in some bad way.”

Comments (103)

• Wow, that IS a shocker! Good for him. He’ll take that cartoonish character and make it his own.

Meanwhile it’s another nail in Prospect Park’s coffin.

Comment by TV Gord – October 15, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about his role as Zach for AMC?! He was one of the main reasons I watched the reboot.

Comment by English – October 15, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no way that the hardcore fans of B&B will ever accept this recast.

Ronn Moss had been with the show since it began and he is and will always be the only person to play Ridge Forrester.

Thorsten Kaye cannot act his way out of a paper bag and will more than likely make the character of Ridge look like a buffoon.

What’s with these showrunners thinking that recasts of long time characters can actually work?

Either kill off the character or never mention them again.

This show has been crap since Darlene Conley died and Susan Flannery left and it turned into the liam/steffy/hope circus bs half hour.

Comment by Lexiana May – October 15, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Considering I’ve never in my life watched a worse actor than Ron Moss, I think TK will be just fine. Hugely talented actors on daytime have been replaced before and the beat goes on.

Comment by Jennifer – October 15, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wow, as much as I love Ron Moss, you couldn’t have said it better! I adore Ron and I think he has a great voice but acting…….nope!

Comment by Glenda Johnson – January 28, 2014 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re calling Thorsten a buffoon and not Ronn? That’s my head-shaker of the night! :-D

Comment by TV Gord – October 15, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was thinking the same thing.
          Ronn Moss was maybe the worst leading man – acting wise – ever. Kaye will have no problem making this dull role his own in no time and maybe giving Ridge Forrester a real personality after 26 years.

Comment by Dani – October 15, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s real cruel !!give the. Guy a break • We love. Him here down in SA•. Good luck [ Ridge ]. RONN MOSS

Comment by lorraine – November 26, 2013 10:39 PM PDT
      • Moss has quite accurately been described as one of the worst actors in anything EVER, along with Drake Hogestyn (Days of our Lives). Kaye can only be an improvement. And he’ll have hot chemistry with the gal who plays Brooke.

Comment by EJ – October 15, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love the new Ridge. I did not like him at first, but he has definitely grown on me. I find him very sexy – just needs a haircut or trim. I just noticed he shaved for the wedding. I find that he has great chemistry with Katie but not so much with Brooke. I like him so much better than Ronn Moss. I think this guy can act.

Comment by Linda Broderick – February 19, 2014 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The new Ridge is so much sexier than the previous! I haven’t seen BB in a long time just saw the new Ridge today!
            Hot!!

Comment by Dee – March 5, 2014 12:09 PM PDT
          • Love the new Ridge soooo much better than RonnMoss who not only could not act but did not look real rsther fefeminine really. I want very much to see Ridge and Katie together time for Brooke to get what she deserves

Comment by Lisa – March 8, 2014 11:51 AM PDT
      • HELL as a LONGTIMEVIEWER since EPISODE ONE i can not wait, til i see the new ridge! thanks god, finally bell recasted the role of ridge and the new RIDGE looks way hotter than ronn m.!

Comment by Tay Sporrester – October 16, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you are delusional whoever you are..

Comment by Maclise Jean – October 16, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • sorry but ronn is extremely good looking! this other guy playing ridge… not so much.

Comment by renee – December 16, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • DITTO!!! They could have picked a better looking character to play the role of ridge forester!!! I can’t imagine Kati kissing that new nasty looking Ridge👎👎👎👎👎

Comment by Sally – February 4, 2014 09:34 AM PDT
      • I completely agree with you. He has played Ridge F. for 26 years. Nobody can replace him. They should have killed off the character like they did Susan…

Comment by Maclise Jean – October 16, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Put my vote in the “yes!!!” column, in reference to your comment. Ronn Moss IS an original!!!

Comment by Tia Pajaro – October 19, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I share your sentiments about the Ridge re-cast. Ronn Moss IS Ridge Forrester!!!

Comment by Tia Pajaro – October 19, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am replying to my own post, how strange is that? Anyway, I have to choke on my previous rant, because, Thorsten Kaye as Ridge? Not bad at all. I am pleasantly surprised, and Kaye’s Irish accent isn’t as prominent as it has been when he played other characters. That’s probably a testament to the great actor that he is, and I do remember him doing a great job as Patrick Thornhart on One Life to Life, and his scenes with KKL were good. I am eager to see how their story plays out, especially since RJ is on the canvas as well.

Comment by Tia Pajaro – December 24, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bringing Ridge back will shake up the current Bill/Brooke romance. I don’t know about Thorsten Kaye’s acting abilities but he can’t be any worse than Ronn Moss. Yes, I give Moss credit for sticking with the show for 25 years, but he never was that great an actor.

Comment by Danny – October 30, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Enough about Hope/Liam/Steffy, It is getting really old. Hope should be strong enough by now, get on with life. Leave Liam to do what ever it is he does, when not wooing Hope. Give him a back bone, while they are revamping the cast.
        Liam and Steffy were the best, in my opinion, couple.
        I am glad that Brooke will finally have Ridge back home. Yes, I want them to rekindle the fire. Something has been missing since Ridge left. TK will find his way as Ridge. Create a new, stronger Ridge. Please leave Taylor where she is at this time…off the show.
        I like her, but once again, she portrays a woman who is somewhat weak, and a little over the top…if you follow me.
        I know it is what makes Soap Operas appealing to their fans. Yes I watch them all.

Comment by Landis – November 22, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think without a doubt he’ll do a wonderful job!

Comment by Ebony – November 29, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree on Darlene Conley and Susan Flannery leaving has made the show a bit borring – love these girls…. but as for Ronn Moss – he could get any other acting job – he has to be the actor ever…this new replacement will be a good thing – finaly a new chapter beside Hope,Liam and Wyatt – the serie need some refreshing subject -hope this will be a great change – love BB

Comment by R Stevens – December 9, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WhaT I meant to write – Ronn Moss has to be the worse actor ever – thank god he left- he could not get any other acting job ever – and for Liam and Hope – please dont bring them back together – Steffy should come back for him – lets go on with Wyatt would be great with Hope – he is more man than Liam – and Hope should go on with her carrier instead of thinking mariage…
          And why is Taylor gone – she was great -… love BB

Comment by R Stevens – December 9, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I totally agree with R Stevens! RM couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag!

Comment by Elena – December 9, 2013 07:30 AM PDT
      • I so agree, this Kaye guy is so dirty and grubby looking gives me the creeps. No class at all I feel like if you can’t get the original Ridge back then kill him off or just let him stay in Paris and let him fade away but PLEASE don’t try to replace him.

Comment by Jackie Haley – December 18, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I SINCERELY AGREE, HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A GOOD SHOWER, SHAVE & A HAIRCUT. RON MOSS AT LEAST WAS GOOD LOOKING BUT THIS KNEW GUY NOT SO MUCH. I SAY CBS EITHER MAKE HIM CLEAN UP OR SEND HIM ON HIS WAY.

Comment by karen evans – January 3, 2014 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Kaye may be an excellent actor in other types of roles, but his scruffy, unpolished appearance is a real put off to me. Doesn’t even look like he would have ever been married to Brooke. When she finally kissed him in today’s episode I felt repulsed. Don’t know why the producers of B and B would have cast Kaye as Ridge. Seems like there must have been other actors that would have been more suited to cast in this role. Have watched this show for years. Just don’t know what B and B was thinking with this one.

Comment by J. Meyers – January 7, 2014 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Would someone please tell us way they picked Mr Kaye for this part? If they do keep him they need to give Thorsten a make over.He is hard on the eyes.

Comment by Carol Chapman – January 11, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Please……..Thorsten is gorgeously handsome and sexy! He has beautiful eyes!!!

Comment by Glenda – January 28, 2014 09:46 AM PDT
          • I agree. He might be a good actor but he does look dirty and scruffy, not nearly as classy looking as Ron was.

Comment by Deborah – January 30, 2014 09:49 PM PDT
      • I wish the new actor , Thorsten Kaye, playing Ridge, well. However, he does not fit the character of a suave, sophisticated designer. He is too scruffy and I don’t feel a connection between him and The character Brooke.

Comment by Elaine Mayher – December 27, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Thorsten Kaye may be a better actor than Ron Moss but the look is all wrong. Ron played an arrogant SOB and you believed it even if it seemed his talent was a bit lacking. I don’t see him with Brooke as he somehow looks older than her and Ron Moss. I do know Thorsten Kaye is younger but with the scruffy look it ages him terribly. Not a good fit at all. Re-cast of kill off Ridge.

Comment by Fran – February 3, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree! He’s creepy!

Comment by kbl55 – January 9, 2014 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that I hated the Steffy/Liam/ hope show…it has gotten SO old! But as far as Ridge goes…yes I was sad when Ron Moss left…but I was also happy to see Ridge revived! I think this new Ridge may add some depth to the character..(which by the way THAT is what Ridge Forrester is A CHARACTER) He is NOT Ron Moss…(Ron Moss played Ridge) Please let the new in and give the guy a chance…I think he’s doing great and I’ve been watching since the very beginning…..
        Alesia

Comment by S.Alesia Schultz – January 10, 2014 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! T.Kaye is NOT charming and his voice is so bad! I hope they get a new nice looking and charming guy!!!

Comment by Tina – January 20, 2014 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • there should be a better role for brooke logan as the matriarch since stefanie forrester has
        left the show. LOGAN IS WHAT RIDGE CALLED HER AND THIS NEW MAN CANNOT DELIVER THAT QUALITY TO THE VIEWERS.

Comment by VIOLA – April 7, 2014 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disappointing news for AMC but I guess the fans of B&TB will be happy to have Ridge back.

Comment by Bella – October 15, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope. Don’t care. The quality of this show has been in the toilet since Ms. Susan Flannery left and I won’t tune back in…

Comment by George – October 15, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very interesting casting. Doesn’t bode well for Prospect Park’s AMC if one of their lead actors is free to accept a contract gig on a network.

Comment by Morgen – October 15, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish he was coming to Days as Bo instead. Not that the Days writers have any interest in writing for Bo,, which is why Peter Reckell left in the first place.

Comment by Danny – October 15, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh man if he joined Days as the new Bo, I would probably considering watching it again! That would have been a great casting decision.

Comment by jerrired – October 15, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No……. PR is Bo. Won’t accept a recast !

Comment by Bella – October 15, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really can’t see ANYONE playing the role of Ridge Forrester, other than Ronn Moss. Thorsten Kaye of ALL people? His accent is so OBVIOUSLY foreign and Ridge is AN AMERICAN character. Thought I remember reading that Katherine Kelly Lang(Brooke) REFUSED to work with any other actor in the role of Ridge? What happened to that situation?

Comment by Tia Pajaro – October 19, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thorsten Kaye looks as old as Eric but not as good looking…he will look like Brooke’s old uncle….no chemistry with them…what’s with the accent…

Enough w/Steffy, Liam and hope!!!! Same old, same old

Comment by Barbara – December 17, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thorsten’s from Germany and has spent time in England. That’s his normal speaking voice.

Comment by Chris – December 17, 2013 04:28 PM PDT
          • I totally agree with you about the re-cast of Ron Moss. This new Ridge doesn’t look anything
            like the original Ridge. He even has an accent. He doesn’t seem believable as Ridge.
            I wish the original Ridge would come back. I too am sick of the show being the Steffy/Hope/Liam
            show. It was nice to have a little break from that. Can’t the writers think of anything else other
            to stop weddings all the time and have the actors go back and forth between the same people.

Comment by Cor – December 18, 2013 06:22 PM PDT
      • There was also another actor, Robert Kelker-Kelly who played the role of Bo Brady for a while. HE could make a return to the role…….effortlessly.

Comment by Tia Pajaro – October 19, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The man has a family to feed and bills to pay just like the rest of us i guess Bold and Beautiful made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Comment by Sheri – October 15, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. Guy’s gotta eat.

Comment by D'oh – October 15, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definitely gonna love how this plays out with the new brooke/bill dynamic

Comment by CJ – October 15, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll never forget him as Patrick on OLTL. Great choice!

Comment by Lynn – October 15, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving It!

Comment by Brooke Logan – October 15, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am so excited that is wonderful news he is a great actor and will be awesome in the ridge role

Comment by Staci – October 15, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess now we’ll get a Ridge/Brooke/Bill/Katie quad.

Comment by Brooke Logan – October 15, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well anything is better than more of the Hope/Liam/whoever else is involved at any given moment borefest!

Comment by darcywilson – October 15, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping Ridge would return married to Taylor!

Comment by Mary Ann M. – November 5, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The character of Ridge has been a spinless excuse of a man for years I welcome new blood and maybe he will give him some guts and not be a yoyo for Brooke.

Comment by Ruby – November 12, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too.

Comment by Tamara – December 13, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am soooo bummed. There goes AMC for sure :(

Comment by Barb C – October 15, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaks my heart. He’s become the heart and soul of AMC post-reboot, and Alicia Minshew had just popped back up as Kendall with plenty of great new story. Hope this doesn’t mean AMC is circling the drain for good.

Comment by Laney – October 15, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I havent cared about BB since Hope and steffy were introduced but have been following the news here and there. Its about time they recast ridge maybe it will put some much needed fresh air into the show

Comment by david – October 15, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish they would just leave Ridge in Paris with Thomas and Steffy. Guess we don’t always get our wishes

Comment by Josh – October 15, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When did AMC go into indefinite hiatus? That was supposedly only One Life To Live – AMC was supposed to return to film their next season this month! That was the last news Prospect Park shared with anyone anyway… now we get this – it does not bode well for AMC at all. Very disappointing news since Zach was featured prominently in the reboot and likely would still be… and just when we AMC fans had hope of things heading in a positive direction for the show with the hint of Tad returning in the finale and Susan Lucci in talks to make at least an appearance…. It’s great for Thorsten if he’s in need of a job and great for B&B fans because they get to see him on their show now but for AMC fans, this is a real bummer.

Comment by Tess – October 15, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone PLEASE get his extremely talented wife Susan Haskell on a soap? Y&R? DAYS? Pleeeeeeeeease? (I wouldn’t trust Carlivati and Valentini at GH after what they did to her character Marty on OLTL)

Comment by alistaircrane – October 15, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG – Yes, Yes, YES! Ron Moss who?

Comment by DAG – October 15, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Total miscast

Comment by Chandler – October 15, 2013 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Miscast indeed. His appearance and looks, don’t do it for me. He cannot ever be RF!

Comment by renee – December 16, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen AMC, but I’m a big fan of BB and I’m interested in seeing where he takes the role.

Comment by KCC – October 15, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He needs to drop his accent, way he talks or will be hard to buy as not believable in role!!

Comment by DavidSask – October 15, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Some Thoughts on TV.

Comment by tvfreakum – October 16, 2013 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am already assured the acting will be miles better and Thorsten can probably expect a Daytime Emmy nom next year!

Comment by Miranda – October 16, 2013 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For years, it’s been said that he and Susan did not want to live on the West Coast. This is a real surprise to me. I really disliked Ronn’s acting, but Thorsten doesn’t fit in the role. He’s scruffy, gruff, etc.

Comment by Elena – October 16, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The guy looks like a caveman…

Comment by Maclise Jean – October 16, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I couldn’t stand Ronn’s acting either. But to replace him with someone who’s the exact opposite? Just don’t get it. I have to admit, I was never a fan of Zack. . .

Comment by Elena – October 17, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holly Hell…will definitely have to set a reminder on my phone to START watching B&B come Dec.13th.. Okay, honestly, just going to watch THORSTEN KAYE!!! and FF thru all the other dribble!!!!

Comment by Robyn – October 16, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally loved him as Zack on AMC. So excited to see him on B&B. So sorry for AMC now. He was one of the reason as well I watched the reboot.

Comment by Chris – October 16, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had watched B&B since it began but just couldn’t take one more scene with Liam/Hope and Brook. Stopped watching 2-months ago and haven’t missed it at all. The story lines became so repetitive and sick that it was just too painful to watch. Don’t care who they recast since this show has just plain lost it way trying to focus on the younger members who all seem to be idiots, or the writers assume the audience is, not sure anymore.

Comment by Gone – October 17, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sitting here thinking…..who else would be believable as Ridge? Then……I thought…..Don Diamont would have been a good choice; his looks are as striking as Ronn Moss’s were, and he has LOADS of charisma!!! But….I guess Diamont needed to stretch his acting skills and play a villain; which he does SO VERY WELL. The possibility of Stephen Nichols is also “do-able,” but the GREAT height discrepancy would not go over too well with viewers.

Comment by Tia Pajaro – October 19, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ronn Moss was a horrible actor! Get over it, he was! If he was SO GREAT wouldn’t he doing other work! This show has become unwatchable with Bill and Brooke being pushed down our throat in an instant coupling and hey let’s get married. Same with Maya and Carter and Carolyne and Rick. Liam needs to get a life, finally Wyatt is a reason to watch but the snoozefest of Hope? No! Bold and Beautiful needs an Earthquake! Literally shake things up! I am excited about this new casting. I was ready to drop this show myself. It can only get better for me. If not, by 2014, I will have an extra 2 1/2 hours a week because I won’t be watching this anymore!!!

Comment by Curtis Reames – October 21, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I agree wholeheartedly! But Steffy should get over Liam cuz she’s too much woman for him and Wyatt is too good for Hope. Wyatt and Steffy should get together!

Comment by katie – December 14, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My black rabbit Shadow always watches B & B with us at the end of the day and particularly liked Ronn Moss’s Ridge. Shadow will be over the moon to welcome Ridge back, whatever form he might take!

Comment by Tony – November 11, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My biggest issue has been with Hunter Tylo. I have no idea who did her face job. But most importantly her lip job. With all the money and resources she must have. She truly looks like a DUCK. I can’t hardly stand looking at her. Truly those lips don’t even quack me up. I would be too embarrassed to be seen if I was her.

Comment by Ramona Vaydik – December 4, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i HOPE RIDGE GET TOGETHER WITH kATIE SHE WILL BE GOOD FOR RIDGE AND TEACH BILL AND BROOKE A LESSON THEY WANT FORGET.

Comment by Sharon Davis – December 6, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thorsten Kaye is a perfect replacement for Ridge. Ron Moss acting was poor. Thorsten is so wonderfully handsome. Wow. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Thorsten can woooo any woman. Double wow.

Comment by Sally Cornwell – December 20, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I did not know Thorsten before B&B, but I love him. Especially with Katie. He has real chemistry with her – not so much with Brooke. I hope they keep him with Katie.

Comment by Linda B. – February 19, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love the new Ridge (being an Aussie I have never seen him before) but love what I see! What a hunk of spunk! Love the story line between him and Katie! The chemistry is quite exciting! Can’t wait for Katie and Ridge to say “up yours Bill and Brooke, find a lake and jump in it!” Really hope Wyatt and Hope end up together, he adores her so much! Aww! So cute! I now have to tape the show while at work, due to the new Sexy Ridge, Katie deserves a real man, not a control freak like Bill

Comment by Swarovski Lover – April 16, 2014 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To quote Yogi Berra, “deja vieux all over again”. Hope, Liam, Steffy, THE LETTER a la Deacon. Next Hope will be pregnant…whose baby is it? ENOUGH ALREADY…WHO CARES!

Comment by Barbara – December 21, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched B&B since day one and love it. I admit the Hope, Liam, Steffy triangle is getting old. I like Wyatt he is a nice addition and I am thinking that maybe Steffy and Bill should get back together. When Ron Moss left I honestly thought there could never be another Ridge. I watched Thorsten Kaye’s first scene and must admit, I like him. There is something about him that reminds me of Ron but he is making the part his own (which he should). I still see Heather Tom (Katie Logan) as Victoria Newman so it’s true that it’s hard to forget an actor who played a part for many years, however, I think I am going to like Thorsten in the role of Ridge. If Ron Moss won’t come back, I am glad that they re-cast because I will always be a fan of Brooke and Ridge. All I can say is give the guy a chance. I don’t know why people have to be so insulting to Ron Moss and Thorsten Kaye. Keep in mind that the actors can read your comments and how would you feel seeing people insulting you?

Comment by Megan – December 23, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not keen on the new Ridge, my hope would have been Rick Springfield to play Ridge, he is so good looking and neat, where as this new Ridge looks scruffy and doesn’t appeal at all.

Missed Steffy, she and Liam are a great match, wish he would grow up and the only hope for that would be back with Steffy, where as Wyatt and Hope are great together.

Hope Ridge ends up with Katie, that will teach Brook a lesson that hopefully after so much betrayal of others especially her family will make you get out of her own selfish way and begin to be a real women.

Comment by katbritt – December 31, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haven’t watched B&B for years but it was on after checking wind chill temps in Minneapolis on noon news yesterday and I’m recovering from hip surgery so watched noon news again today so was confused when Brooke was talking about Ridge being back—so confused–so came to my lovely tv line to clarify things—I don’t know how I feel about Ronn Moss’ acting ability but he was Ridge for 25 years so they should have honored Ronn by killing the character off

Comment by Elise – January 7, 2014 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clean up the new Ridge, he is too scruffy and greasy looking. Not a fashion plate!!

Comment by Claudia Oswald – January 7, 2014 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new Ridge looks like he just came in off a big drunken binge. He looks so dirty and that hair of his is atrocious! Tell him to take a bath and clean up. He does not look romantic at all. He looks like he rode the rails for a month and just jumped off the train.at least have him wash and comb his hair please!!! have him at least coma or brush his hair so it’s not hanging in big chunks.

Comment by sue miller – January 10, 2014 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg. Just saw 2 repeat shows on TVGN and had to come online to say that Thorston looks horrible. His voice sounds ruined from years of smoking and drinking. He has zero style or class, and in desperate need of a haircut and shave. I don’t mind the actor as he is good, but he does not suit the role that has been created. He looks nothing like a creative, stylish fashion designer. It’s obvious they’re setting things for him to be with Katie as he has zero chemistry with Brook.

Now that I’ve said that I’m changing the channel a third episode came on and I don’t want to pulled back into the BnB drivel. I walked away as well, when it became the Hope and Liam show. The majority of people are over the age of 25 that watch these shows, so why make the entire story arc, and sub arcs about the young cast. SMH.

Staying away from all soaps these days. YnR included. So disappointed in that train wreck of a show.

Comment by Reality_Bytes – January 12, 2014 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the Bold and the Beautiful…but I really get sick of see Brooke cry every single episode. She is a great actress, but, she needs a better story line. Now that Ridge is back, maybe she will get one.

Comment by Trisha Ann Otto – January 24, 2014 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thinkThorsten(the new Ridge) is a wonderful replacement. He is gorgeous and I love his voice. I think he is perfect for this part and he’s a very good actor. You go Thorsten!

Comment by Glenda – January 28, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I love the new Ridge and find him very sexy. He has great chemistry with Katie and hope B&B keeps them together. I just don’t see that much chemistry with Brooke.

Comment by Linda Broderick – February 19, 2014 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Ronn Moss was not the best actor but if you look at most soap opera characters they’re not that good anyway!! This Ridge is stiff, walk like he has an instrument in his back or stick in his but. So I agree they could have found another character more fitting the role or just kill him off as far as I’m concerned! Take Bill with the new Ridge! Wyatt acts a little spastic, not a little alot!! I enjoyed Allie’s going off him even if she has some mental issues, I loved it (we)!! Only Allie who has mental issues can tell Wyatt like nobody else can even though the others act like they can’t see the real Wyatt / Quinn . B&B while they’re making Kati a saint she did the same thing to Bridgett with Nick, her niece’s husband, and got pregnant just from going for a sail to help her new transplant heart. She’s no better than her sister Brook before brook went with Bill, and I can’t stand the character Bill. I watched him on Y&R, same type of character!! I donot like Hope/Katie character anymore, roles too weak of characters to me, I have never liked Bill/Wyatt /Quinn characters, too arrogant and cocky. Katie and Hope needs to get a dose of their own medicine!! They’re a chip off the old Brook block. I like Pammie and Charlie let them be the Alice and Tom Horton of Dool. Also put Eric and Donna together again, they were good together!! Leave Steffy/Thomas/Taylor in grand ole Parisss.

Comment by Ann – March 4, 2014 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did’nt like Kaye’s role in the. Beginninsold now. H seem much more refined & cultured much more a fit than brook. He’s perfect for Katie. Not brook!

Comment by Cheryl Robinson – March 11, 2014 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thornton is dirty looking, mumbles so much I must use closed caps, looks like a heavy drinker and is way too old looking for Katie. BB is the only soap I watch and I have been a fan for decades…why oh why did you cast him? It is gross to see him intimate with beautiful Katie. Please recast!

Comment by Lucinda – April 13, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post