What to Watch Tuesday: Biggest Loser Returns, Mayhem in Brooklyn, Superheroes and More

The Biggest LoserOn TV this Tuesday: The Biggest Loser weighs in again, Real Husbands of Hollywood are back for more, Superheroes go cerebral, Brooklyn Nine-Nine hosts someone from SVU and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle (PBS) | This documentary takes a look at how comic books got their start and how characters have evolved over the past 75 years. Hosted and narrated by Live Schreiber (Ray Donovan), the film features on-camera interviews with Adam West (Batman), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) and auteur Stan Lee, among others.

8 pm BET Hip Hop Awards (BET) | Snoop Dogg Lion hosts and performs at this annual celebration of hip hop; Kenrick Lamar, Rick Ross, 2 Chainz and Juvenile also take the stage.

8 pm The Biggest Loser (NBC) | Season 15 premiere: Idol champ Ruben Studdard and 14 other players hope to lose some serious weight in this “Second Chances”-themed season, which allows trainers Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince to save one eliminated contestant from going home.

8 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) | A revelation regarding a mysterious female thief threatens to ruin Coulson.B99.104.7

8:30 pm Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox) | Jake and the precinct vow to get revenge on an interloping Special Crimes detective known as “The Vulture” (played by Law & Order: SVU‘s Dean Winters). “I’m, like, this Armani-wearing douchebag who comes in and solves all their crimes,” Winters told TVLine. “One of the best experiences of my life.”

PREVIEW | NCIS: LA Boss: Episode 100 Is ‘Chris O’Donnell’s Best Work’ (Watch the First Minute)

PREVIEW | Supernatural Boss Previews the ‘Burden’ and Unexpected Aftermath of Dean’s Secret

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | When Nick inherits some money from his late father, Jess is determined to put the funds to good use. SNL alum Jon Lovitz guest-stars as… a rabbi. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

9:30 pm Trophy Wife (ABC) | Meg temporarily moves in with Kate and Pete after a break-up, and when the two ladies fight, Pete has to help them work out their differences.

RELATED | Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers from The Originals, Sons of Anarchy, The Voice, Person of Interest and More

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Jax and the MC must confront their past and choose their future.

10 pm Real Husbands of Hollywood (BET) | Season 2 premiere: Kevin’s got his eye on someone new, and JB gets a sweet ride. R&B singer Eric Benet and at least two Kardashians guest-star.

10 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Carter’s new partner spots her with Reese aka “The Man in the Suit.” Daniel Cosgrove (Guiding Light) guest-stars.

COMING NEXT TUESDAY: MTV’s Awkward returns.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (39)

• Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Trophy Wife, Face Off, Chopped, Chicago Fire, Totally Biased.

Comment by Roni – October 15, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SVU, SOA, B99, S.H.I.E.L.D. Bad Girls Club, Catfish,

Comment by benis – October 15, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Originals & Supernatural
    DVR: NCIS, Shield, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, NCIS LA, New Girl, Mindy Project
    & Chicago Fire

Comment by Elyse – October 15, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and person of interest! forgot about that one. love POI!

Comment by Elyse – October 15, 2013 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of Shields
    Face Off

Comment by SK – October 15, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originals (please undagger Elijah soon) supernatural, poi

Comment by ollie – October 15, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daniel Gillies (the actor who wonderfully portrays Elijah) is currently contracted (and thus obligated) to a show in Canada, “Saving Hope,” so until that show ends, and/or he gets a major break in his schedule from that show, Elijah will unfortunately remain daggered. But I’m totally with you… the sooner the better!

Comment by Bryan Caron – October 15, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve only got one show per night, luckily, and it’s Supernatural for me tonight.

Comment by Joey – October 15, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

• Missed one:
      -Chicago Fire

Comment by Maryann – October 15, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • live:Agents of Shield, Goldbergs

DVR: Brooklyn 99

Comment by Anne – October 15, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Feels weird this year having Person Of Interest on a different night, it just seemed to fit well with Elementary, feel out of whack not watching them both on the same day :P But as long as they are both still on the TV, can’t complain too much :D Still H50 went better with the NCIS shows, cop drama night, POI seems like a weird choice to move there ….

Comment by Nichole – October 15, 2013 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Watch
    LA
    POI

Comment by Jennifer – October 15, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI

Comment by Holly – October 15, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only must see show tonight is Chicago Fire but I have been watching SHIELD, the Goldburgs, and Trophy Wife so I’ll give those shows a chance again tonight. =)

Comment by HeatherC – October 15, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missed one: Chicago Fire!
    BTW can we get more news/spoilers on this show?! I feel like this show is being ignored compared to the others :(

Comment by Liz – October 15, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love getting extra CF news when I can and it doesn’t seem to generate much here or elsewhere for some reason. It’s been great this year! =) I do know that TV Fanatic does a review of the show each week (they do post news to when they have some) so you might want to check that out. (www.tvfanatic.com) =)

Comment by HeatherC – October 15, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of shield
    The Goldbergs
    Trophy wife
    Chicago fire
    Love my tuesdays!

Comment by gg72 – October 15, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals

Comment by Eric7740 – October 15, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, anc The Mindy Project.

Comment by Joey – October 15, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t trust Carter’s new partner on POI.

Comment by TvPeong – October 15, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me either. He seems to come out of the blue. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s working for someone.

Comment by carlycane – October 15, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t either I wonder if hr sent him

Comment by ollie – October 15, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • POI is the only must see for me.

Comment by brenna – October 15, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD & Chicago Fire. On Demand: Person of Interest.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 15, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD, Supernatural, Chicago Fire and The Originals. Tuesday is a good day! :D

Comment by Jules – October 15, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

The Goldbergs
    New Girl
    Face Off
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    lol

Comment by Austin – October 15, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AoS, SoA, Supernatural, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and POI. Tuesdays are awesome!

Comment by John – October 15, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dads (I love it), Brooklyn 99, POI, agents, originals, SCANDAL

Comment by bobbie – October 15, 2013 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad Gurrrrls Club!!!

Comment by Joe – October 15, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing designed for me to have a web page, which is useful in support of my know-how.
    thanks admin

Comment by candy crush saga guide – October 18, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question
    that I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and
    clear your thoughts before writing. I’ve had a difficult time
    clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing however it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply
    just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips?
    Many thanks!