Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Friday Night Lights' Jurnee Smollett Schools Adam

Get More: First Look, Video

In this Thursday’s Parenthood (10/9c, NBC), Jurnee Smollett’s political wunderkind Heather Hall — who will stop at nothing to get Kristina elected mayor — gives Adam a tough-love lesson in dollars and sense.

You see, Adam doesn’t feel comfortable hitting up his deep-pocketed music clients for a donation to his wife’s campaign, and she is having none of it.

PHOTOS | ‘Ship Shape: How Your Favorite TV Couples Are Faring

Press PLAY below and watch HH flip out when she learns that Adam has an A-list rapper worth millions on speed dial.

Tags: ,

Comments (10)

• I am loving her character. Hard to believe she was Michelle’s little friend on Full House!

Comment by CH – October 14, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you… I was going coo coo trying to remember where I saw her (Jurnee Smollett’s ) from. She also was a character on Grey’s Anatomy. Now that my memory is back I can sleep tonight trying to figure out where this gal was from :-)

Comment by Oliver – October 19, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jurnee Smollett will always be Jess on FNL.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 14, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That just doesn’t seem like a smart thing to do. Then they’ll be known in the music circle for hitting the musicians up for money which could hurt business. I wonder how Crosby is going to feel about that. I see a fight coming on.

Comment by tp – October 14, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see it the way you do. Adam could be risking the studio’s reputation by hitting up clients for donations. While it could turn out just fine, it also could piss them off and he’ll lose business – which is the only income they have. Plus it would effect Crosby and Jasmine’s income and babies are expensive to keep in diapers and clothing. I totally understand Adam’s reluctance.

Comment by rowan77 – October 14, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah…he can’t just do that without Crosby’s consent.

Comment by tp – October 14, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just another passive aggressive way to not support his wife because he does not want her to do this. I love Ms. Smollett though. I will always remember her from Eve’s Bayou. Wow – I’m old…

Comment by Teeny Bikini – October 14, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not crazy about the election theme, I can’t really get into it. Loving Crosy and the baby.

Comment by shar – October 14, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why has Zach Gilford (FNL’s Matt Saracen) not been cast on Parenthood yet? The (talented) kid could clearly do with some better roles.

Comment by Miranda – October 15, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • clip does not do justice to what was a pretty darn terrific episode.

Comment by Madden – October 19, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post