Revenge Recap: Jesus, Take the Wheel!

GABRIEL MANN, EMILY VANCAMPIn Sunday’s Revenge – aptly titled “Confession” – Emily talks blackmails Father Paul into convincing Conrad to turn himself in. But, en route to do exactly that, the devil’s in a car crash that suggests the work of a higher power. Or maybe a lower one. Could it be… Satan? Read on and find out!

A SCHEME IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES | After Aiden further solidifies his alliance with Victoria by revealing that he was still seeing Emily even after she and Daniel got engaged, the queen bee makes a… er, beeline for her son. And, though he wants to huff and puff and be all, “What-ever, Mother!” he can’t. She is, after all, on the money about Emily buying Nolan a mansion. And it only gets worse for ol’ poutypants this hour… wait for it.

RELATED | Revenge Scoop: Nolan’s Getting a New Love Interest!

WHERE THE BOYS ARE | While planning his housewarming party at the country club, Nolan has a chance encounter with Patrick’s abs, which he naturally invites. (The rest of Patrick is also invited, just to be clear.) The new hunk about town still has no use for Emily, however. When she drops by Casa Grayson to drop off Victoria’s invitation – “Surely,” Mommie Dearest quips, “you have enough money for postage” – Junior hisses that he and Emily have “met… once too often.” You may stand a chance with this one yet, Nolan…

PARTY CENTRAL | The blowout is pretty modest compared to Nolan’s rad pad. (Fine art and plastic swans?) But nobody’s there for the atmosphere, they’re there for the fireworks. (And to see the host decked out like a cross between Capt. Stubing and Janet Jackson circa Rhythm Nation.) Jack relishes the fact that Emily’s so clearly upset by his non-date with Margaux (arranged by Charlotte, who now apparently needs someone to take care of at all times), Daniel and Margaux argue some more about whether Nolan should be on the cover of Voulez (which I’m starting to think is French for zzz), and then, finally, Victoria arrives with Aiden on her arm. He and Emily “fight as if they’re in love,” the wicked witch “helpfully” points out to Daniel. (Actually, they fight as if they’re putting on a show. But Daniel’s too dim to make that distinction.) Before the last swan’s deflated, Victoria’s gotten Emily so riled that she “accidentally” blurts out that “the Graysons are completely bankrupt.”

PHOTOS | ‘Ship Shape: How Your Favorite TV Couples Are Faring

IN THE AFTERMATH | The next day, Aiden “admits” to Victoria that more research has revealed that Emily does not actually have the Graysons’ fortune. But Victoria doesn’t care – she’s so tickled by the way he gets under her nemesis’ sun-kissed skin that she moves him into Grayson Manor. Later, we learn that – as many of you predicted – Aiden only returned and forged his alliance with Victoria at Emily’s behest. In other words, everything’s going according to plan… except for the bit where Aiden spilled the beans about his ongoing fling with Emily. That’s set off Daniel in a big way. Revealing to his fiancée at last that he and Aiden fought – and Aiden was shot – in last season’s finale, the paranoiac installs her worst nightmare: a home security system at the beach house!

HIGHWAY TO HELL | As the hour draws to a close, Conrad informs Victoria that he’s decided to cop to his role in David’s undoing. “So your psychosis has progressed,” she scoffs. At first. When it dawns on her that he’s serious, she’s so livid that she draws blood and throws vases. (If I were Conrad, I wouldn’t have that particular discussion anywhere near the same banister from which Amanda already plummeted!) But before he and Father Paul can arrive at the police station, they’re in a fiery car accident. “What the hell?” Emily clearly wants to ask when she arrives on the scene. Father Paul appears to be dead, and Conrad, only lightly singed.

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Were you fooled for even a second by Conrad’s nightmare in which Charlotte stabbed him? Is anyone else hoping for a Victoria/Aiden hook-up? Doesn’t Patrick seem about 30 percent more obnoxious when he’s not around his mother? And can someone please tell me what happened in Emily and Nolan’s first scene? I was too distracted by his choker to pay attention to anything else! Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Phi says:

i loved it.

2. schu says:

This season is proving to be dynamically awesome. I hope too many story lines don’t become muddled (a la Initiative style), because the show is restrengthening my interests each week.

3. Heisenberg says:

Oh, wow! Revenge was so shocking! I can’t believe I didn’t see that coming?!?! – If I were a normal TV viewer who hadn’t seen moves like this from other (better) shows. Yay, another hour wasted thinking this show will eventually get better. Thank God I watched THE WALKING DEAD before, or I would’ve been even more upset at tonight’s hit-and-miss on REVENGE.

• dee123 says:

Wow. I’d say go suck a lemon but you already sound quite sour enough.

• Lydia says:

If you were having such a miserable time why did you keep watching? I mean I only watched half of ONCE last night because I wasn’t enjoying it so why subject yourself to something you don’t enjoy? Unless your just a loser who needs to come on the internet to complain about things so you can feel better about your life.

• nick says:

Hey dude I’m on your side and can you believe how silly people become when you don’t like a frakin tv show that they like. “Whew”!

• Kathy says:

Wow you hated it but still felt the need to comment about it …amazing !

• tripoli says:

So people are only allowed to comment if they like the show? Wow, thanks for letting the internet in on that little gem.

• maxisatroll123 says:

I’m not saying that it’s bad to have a different opinion but why come here and read it’s recap if u dont enjoy show. There’s a difference between being disappointed in a specific episode or just not liking the show. If all people did is posted comments here about how much.they hate show then why read a recap.of something u dont enjoy

4. Tony says:

Nolin and Patrick yes please! Yum

• Marco Montalvan says:

Yes, i was thinking and praying for the same
      Patrick and Nolan have to hook up
      there is chemestry between them
      And i guess, that’s why Patrick stayed so late at the party

• Tim says:

Patrick didn’t stay so late at the party. He came as it was ending. He referenced missing it but maybe making it the next time.

• Ni Gu says:

Amen! I really want to see Nolan having to balance his relationship with Emily and his relationship (hope it happens!) with Patrick… and the Ice Queen’s reaction!

5. valeriel40 says:

So glad Revenge is back to cheestasic goodness! Nolan just makes this show for me. Love his character, his clothes, his quips! I was sooooo worried Queen V was gonna push Conrad down the stairs! Henry Czerny killed it in all his scenes.
    The only downsides were anything Jack and/or Charlotte-related. The bangs and dark lipstick are KILLING me.

• Lizzie says:

Charlotte is just this years Jenny Humphrey. I like Jack putting moral into everyone of Emily’s actions. She’s ran wild without anyone beside Nolan (like he causes a debt) questioning her actions. I think he’s starting to get her.

6. rebecca says:

If Nolan ever leaves the show, Im gone, too…he is outlandish, yet endearing..Difficult to believe there will actually be a wedding at the end of summer as Emily and Daniel are really struggling…obvious she doesn’t love him but does he really care about her? Or does he have another agenda? Overall liking it more this year

7. I’ll admit when they had that Nolan and Patrick scene, my first thought was, Oh so THAT’S why they added him to the show! Honestly up until that moment I hadn’t really seen the point of the character, he seemed king of useless, but if he’s a new romantic interest for Nolan then I am totally sold on him.

8. Ava says:

I adore the Emily/Nolan friendship. Their scenes are always fabulous. I’m glad Aiden is back and wanted to shout “I knew it!” Great show, killer cast and lots of drama. I just love Revenge!

9. Jesse says:

Conrad and Victoria rock the evil role so welll!!!!!!

10. Mika02 says:

Best episode so far this season for me. I love Nolatrick/Patolan. I don’t like Jack with Margeux because I love him with Emily. Charlotte is getting on my nerves and I really believe it’s her who shoots Emily. There are very few people she would say she’s sorry to. Thank God Aiden is still on Ems side cuz the other ways made absolutely no sense.

11. Fernando says:

Yes yes yes to Nolan and Patrick. Sailing this ship right now lol. Another great episode to a very good season 3 so far. I kinda wanted to see a Victoria and Aiden hook up just because queen v needs a love interest already but now that he’s really still I’m Emily side I wouldn’t go there.

12. Alichat says:

It would seem that Patrick has inherited some of his mother’s b*tchiness and hypocrisy. Does he really need to believe everything Victoria tells him? I mean, come on, he tells Nolan ‘well, I like to draw my own conclusions’ right after he’s spit venom about what his mother has told him or warned him about Emily and Nolan. Patrick’s coming off like a complete idiot. And speaking of idiots, Charlotte has really no right to judge anyone. Ignoring Emily’s personal feelings, she wasn’t wrong about Jack and Margeaux being from different worlds. Concerning Conrad, I think Emily was oddly hopeful. She should have tried to manipulate it so that she was the one driving him to the police station.

13. Juan says:

Best episode so far loved it.

14. Drew says:

Not really into Nolan and Patrick. I know the writers mean for there to be sparks, but I’m not seeing it. Plus, between Nolan helping Emily take down the Graysons and Patrick siding with Victoria when it comes to hating/destroying Emily, the whole Nolan/Patrick thing would either be incredibly forced or they’d be using each other in an attempt to take down their targets.

There is no angle from which that one works for me. After all of Nolan’s relationship drama last year, I’d be cool with him riding the bench in the dating game for a while.

Other than that, there are a lot of nice things happening this year. Feels more like season 1… except the preview for next week which seemed like the marketing department was tapping into their inner Melrose Place.

15. N says:

Why can’t Aidan be with Vickie? I can’t stand him!

16. William says:

God, I really hope that Aiden and Emily pull through. This week’s episode solidified the fact that they should be endgame. Besides Nolan, he’s the only person she can truly be herself with. And I honestly can’t with Daniel anymore. To this day, I stand by the opinion that he should’ve died on that beach.

• Bella says:

I wanted it to be Daniel too, his character bores me. Love Aiden & Emily :)

• Dbhart says:

Daniel isn’t as boring as Jack. I’m team Aidan all the way. I just think it’s fun seeing Daniel being played. I don’t see any chemistry except through Emily and Aidan.

• William says:

There’s only so much puppeteering I can take. Daniel’s sole purpose on the show is to get played. He’s always a means to someone’s end whether that be his parents, the Initiative, or even Emily. He’s incapable of doing anything on his own without someone holding his hand, which is why I want him gone. I can tolerate Jack given his recent circumstances, but Daniel’s self-obsessed ways in addition to all of his whining are a nuisance.

17. Jess says:

Yes! Yes! a thousand yes to Nolan and Patrick! I’m looking forward to that development way more than whatever the hell’s happening with Emily and her Harem (Daniel, Aiden, and Jack a la the next episode promo). Seriously, I totally echo above comments when we realized “oh, that’s why Justin Hartley’s in this show” because besides being Nolan’s love interest, what else would he do?

• Jules says:

Yes to everything you just said, I’m so over Emily and all her love interest. To me, Nolan is the best part of the show, and I can see him being with Patrick being really funny.
      Also, yes, this is the first time the addition of the character Patrick has made any sense, looking forward to it!

18. Kalee says:

Counting down the episodes until Nolan and Patrick have teh sex.

19. Babygate says:

I say, let’s keep Margaux and get rid of Charlotte. Margaux is dynamic. She’s fiery and is no doormat. And she seems down to earth, for a rich girl. All the other women in the show seem like they are always walking on stilleto heels down a runway with a hanger up their backs. They’re stiff and robotic. The only exception was Faux-manda and they got rid of her. So, I like Margaux. This season is shaping up to be much better than last. And the over-abundance of hot guys doesn’t hurt. I wanted to hate Patrick but I don’t. And I’m kind of rooting for a hook up with Nolan because the chemistry is def there.

20. Jenny says:

Really enjoying this season! I knew Aiden couldn’t betray Emily or go against her, he loves her too much! I’m rooting for them, I seriously don’t think she’d ever end up with Daniel simply because he’s a Grayson, I mean tough parental history there. And jack I think is her first love, best friend growing up but that’s it, there’s been too many lies including her withholding her identify for those two to ever become something solid.

I don’t like Patrick..all of a sudden he has major attitude when most of the past eps he’s just been quiet, he’s definitely up to something. But damn do I enjoy those shirtless scenes. :P

21. Jo says:

That episode was awesome!

22. nikki says:

Love Patrick and Nolan! Best. Idea. Ever. Charlotte needs to die quickly. Conrad/Victoria are my OTP. They are so funny and mean.

23. Beau says:

Does anyone have theories regarding Conrad’s car crash? It seems too well planned for it to be an accident. For some reason i have a feeling it was Victoria’s and Patrick’s doing. Patrick is too much of a mama’s boy, kinda reminds me of a Norman Bates like character.

• dee123 says:

^^^^^ I like this thinking! Though i think he’s doing it without Victoria’s knowledge.

• SouthernBelle says:

I thought the medicine that Emily switched out when she visited Conrad that morning caused him to become disoriented and crash his car.

• Nancy says:

I agree. I think that final look on Emily’s face before the closing credits was one of guilt coming from the realization that Conrad was driving and that the Father’s death is actually, or at least partially, her fault.

24. arianeb says:

Am I the only one thinking that Conrad killed the Priest after the Priest threatened to expose them? That the whole confession stuff was an act to set up the Priest?

• Val says:

Right there with ya! Conrad had absolutely no intention of turning himself in…he’s way to vindictive for that move. Loved the scene between Ems and 007…pleeeez let them be together already. Jack should go far far away, oh and silly Charlotte should be in tow.

25. sophie says:

I’m sorry to say that Revenge is getting too predictable.
    We’ve all known about Aiden the whole time and the only thing I wondered is if Father Paul would die either this or the next episode.
    Margaux is obviously the new Ashley, they could have make her interesting with the Daniel affair, but the blew it with her liking Jack now.
    And why in the world would Conrad suddenly care about clearing David Clarke’s name? This man has no conscience whatsoever and just because he’s affraid of death he will turn himself in after one chat with Father Paul? That was just too much.
    But Henry Czerny did an incredible job on this episode!
    I’m not sold on Nolan and Patrick, but nothing can stop Nolan’s awesomeness anyway.

• Lorilei says:

His imminent demise is affecting his decision to confess. Dying can change a persons heart. He expects to die in a few months, so he would not face much time in prison.
      I do think he may have had a change of heart mid trip though, and Father Paul told him that he would tell anyway and Conrad killed him.

• sophie says:

Yes, dying can change a person’s heart, assuming a person has one. Conrad in my opinion doesn’t. He’s responsible for so many deaths, including his daughter’s ”sister” and boyfriend and for blowing up 2 planes (in which his former mistress died too and his wife was supposed to) and not once did he show any kind of real regret. But now that he is ”dying”-sure let’s just confess and make it all ok. After ONE conversation with his former co-worker. If it was a bit more planned out, a slower process, I would maybe buy it but now It’s just unrealistic.

• Elvis says:

I like it when people get together and share opinions. Great website, keep it up!

26. SouthernBelle says:

I really think this was the best Revenge episode ever. There was so much drama from start to finish…most shows would stretch that out over at least a few episodes. Loving it!

27. dee123 says:

I loved the mugshot t-shirt in the same pose as Jane Fonda’s.

28. Pati says:

I loved the episode. I like Emily and Aiden I hope they get back together soon. Daniel is so hot but such a douche I don’t like him. What on earth was Nolan wearing, every outfit was so terrible, I did like his t-shirt with his mugshot thou

29. magreeda says:

I think Revenge has been on fire this season. We all knew, of course, that Aidan didn’t really turn on Ems (hello, he could just expose her real secret if he wanted to do that) but the most interesting part was that Aidan went off-script. I actually think that’s a really interesting dynamic because we’ve already seen how that could interfere with Ems’s plans. I never believed that Aidan would turn on her but I do believe that he might make a mistake that costs her big down the line, totally by accident. We’ll see.

Man, I’m not usually one for love rhombuses (rhombi) but I find myself amazed at how torn I am when it comes to Aidan versus Jack with Ems. I was totally Team Jack all S1 and I got bored with S2 but now seeing the way Ems obviously cares about Aidan in last night’s ep…as far as I’m concerned, you can throw Daniel out the window because Jack/Emily/Aidan is the story for me. Although I do lean Jack/Emily in my heart of hearts, but Em/Aidan clearly have a connection, too.

• Jen says:

I SO agree with you on Emily/Jack vs. Emily/Aidan. I’m definitely Team Jack, but I like the relationship with Aidan too. I don’t even consider Daniel.

30. Bryan says:

Yep knew it! About the Aiden-Victoria alliance, there was just no way he wanted to bring down Victoria.
    I’d love to see Patrick-Nolan happen, not particularly because I think they’re “hot” together, but the conniptions it’d cause Victoria should be a 1000x worse than Daniel-Emily LOL

31. CJ says:

So excited by this episode…going back and forth trying to decide if Aiden was a good or evil. Loved the beach scene with the 2 of them near the end…hopefully I am noticing a “Sleeping With the Enemy” set up for the December finale (sketch pad drawing of water, lighthouse…hmmm)

32. Chris says:

I had been complaining that revenge is is still not that good– but I gotta say that yesterday’s episode restores my faith. Madeline Stowe was hilarious when she was so excited to work with aiden because no one has riled Emily up like him. I still do prefer that Emily is with daniel. I think if this episode is key t things to come, I am fully on board and excited again.

33. Loni says:

Did Victoria do something to that car? She brought up the plane crash of how Conrad was trying to stop her from confessing then litterally said the same words Conrad said to her when she got on the plane: ‘If you get on the plane/car it will be the last thing you do.’ Coincidence or foreshadowing??

34. Steve says:

Ugggggh. I’ve always hated Aiden’s character, but I liked the idea of him working against Emily. The fact that it’s all just part of Emily’s scheme…. hate it. Stupid stupid stupid.

35. Deion says:

I was a little disappointed they waited 3 episodes to tell us that Aiden & Daniel’s confrontation ended exactly how you would have expected it to, but ok.

36. Esaul says:

While I love Nolan, Henry Czerny makes the show for me. What a classy actor. If he ever leaves I might be done with Revenge.

37. Kristen says:

Revenge is too predictable. Aidan is such a boring character and he actually came to life a bit while working with Victoria and against Emily, but I knew that’d be a farce. Boo. Nolan-Patrick happening is super obvious; the moment Justin Hartley was hired I thought they’d put him with Nolan. I still don’t think Patrick is really Victoria’s son though.

38. Liz says:

My TV blacked out just before the end of the final commercial break and picked back up with Emily and Aiden on the beach. The car crash was an even bigger shock when it came on screen. I’m still not sure if I like this season or not. Seems closer to season 1, but I need a good reason why I loved this show to begin with to remind me.

39. Amy says:

Love that Aiden is on Emily’s side! They need to end up together! This is a story about revenge NOT forgiveness. Writers need to abandon the “childhood sweetheart” concept and cater this show to adults! Keep the show dark!

40. Lisa London says:

‘Voulez’ is actually French for ‘to want’ but conjugated, i.e. ‘Vous voulez’ = ‘you want’ (plural). The problem here is that it means absolutely nothing on its own and no French magazine would EVER be called that. It would be like an American magazine called ‘is’ or ‘had’… Also, you can easily tell that the actress who plays Margaux is from Quebec. The one line she had in French in this episode betrayed her accent and I could tell straight away she’s not French at all. I don’t mean to be picky but I don’t need these little nonsense errors to distract me from the crazy plots! :-) That said, amazing Nolan outfits and shirtless Patrick. Also, Henry Czerny is brilliant.

• Amelie says:

Who cares if she sounded from Quebec? At least they didn’t pick an American actor who learned French in school, as shows usually do. It always sounds horrible! Plus Voulez in this case is probably in the imperative form. The command form of “want” which could make sense for a magazine name.

• Lisa London says:

Sorry Amelie but the imperative of vouloir (to want) is ‘veuillez’ not voulez. Voulez is the present tense of vouloir and needs a pronoun to make any sense, as in ‘vous voulez’ (you want) or ‘voulez vous…?’ (do you want…?). It makes no sense on its own. But I agree with you on the actress, close enough, I guess. :-) End of the French lesson for today!

41. Amy says:

Jack is so annoying!!

42. Amy says:

I love Natrick!!

43. Matt C. says:

This season just keeps getting better and better each week. I really want to buy that mugshot shirt Nolan was wearing!

44. Bob F. says:

The actor who plays Nolan must have a good sense of humor to be willing to wear those odd outfits. Few men would do that. Perhaps it was a set up to be on the cover of the magazine, either way, it caught my attention.

Footnote; That Emily = Amanda is top secret, it seems like a lot of people are in on it. At times, it feels like the Graysons are the only people who DON’T know.

45. Allison P says:

I completely loved this episode. From Nolan’s mugshot shirt, to the something something between him and Patrick, to the revelation that Aiden is on Emily’s side (their earlier argument HAD convinced me they were enemies): it was fantastic.

46. rebecca says:

Sadly due to the recent ratings, I would guess this is the last year for Revenge…Wednesday night was a better night, I think

47. Prue says:

Loved the episode!! Shipping for Nolan-Patrick (nickname alert!)

48. allen says:

1- According to some comments Charlotte, Aiden, Margaux, Daniel, Jack have to go. Every characters seem boring but Emily. Everyone is ectasic about Emily’s plot, and Nolan love affair but no one is questionning deeper her quest. Emily is everybody God and all other characters are evil. So why the producers are not filming a show only with Emily if all the other characters are useless?
    2- Why not be honest, and say Emily is a revenge machine, a robot, her quest of revenge is making no sense anymore. She keeps saying Graysons have to pay but she already ruined the family dynamic, stole their money, and more. What does she want? What is her endgame? What is the price of her own peace? Make them pay because they are evil. So pathetic, because she is not better! She doesn’t want justice because with all the proofs she got she could bring them in court. Everyone applauds a sociopath behavior, but no one is questionning the motive. We know, her saint Dad was framed and so what? She is using also innocents to pursue her machiavelic plan.
    3- Why not asking, why the producers are making her shining by diminishing the other characters input? She is the cleverest but the others are stupid, boring, evil, and naive.
    4- She used Jack to get into Charlotte (puppies scene s3e2, jack figured out s3e3). That idiot revealed to Charlotte all the story about Conrad past terrorist activities, but up to now he didn’t mention Emily’s real purpose. Yeah true love, she is using you as she is using Aiden. Haven’t you noticed, she is chasing Jack only to be sure he is on track? She is controlling him, let’s him believe she has her heart, and cares about Charlotte. Then, he doesn’t see her like her monster but can rely on the little nice girl he met 20 years ago.
    5- Can anybody explain to me how can she possibly have a true love and a love? She is fooling a least on of them.
    6- Everyone seems to adore her relationship with Nolan, but haven’t you notice she’s putting him in danger? Aiden brought the mansion deed to Victoria, making clear Nolan and Emily stole her money. If anyone think Emily’s bought Nolan a house, because she is generous, so this one is naive.
    7- Some people keep asking why Charlotte is mean with Emily ? Why not returning that question in that way when has Emily been nice, authentic, caring with Charlotte?
    8- Yeah the plot is great, humiliating Victoria in public, poisoining Conrad…Emiy thorne don’t forget to “dig to graves”.

• allen says:

errors: 4- doesn’t see her like a monster; 8- dig two graves

• Andrea says:

True, true. About Charlotte I don’t really understand what Emily did that is too wrong in Charlotte’s eyes. All she did was spread a little rumor about Patrick. If she was mad at Emily because, say, she knew that Emily had greater feelings for Jack but was dating Daniel instead, then that would make a lot more sense. Though I liking Charlotte being mean with her..

49. Elisabeth says:

What happened to the old recapper?? She was great! This guy is just meh.

50. Fangirl says:

Re: Nolan’s love life – I’m with @Drew on that one. Nolan is a very handsome guy with great taste. Why should he always have to fall for people who want to use him? First he went nuts for Tyler of all people and then he had to go totally gaga for that ill-conceived character that ruined season 2. Enough already. By now he knows better than to get involved with Patrick. Who is, as I want to point out, quite rude. He slammed Emily his door in her face and he was not one bit polite when he met Nolan, either. Why should Nolan have to content with people like that? Abs alone aren’t all that. He’s a grown man, not a teenager.

Jack – same story here. Poor Jack is made out to be such a sad sack who falls for anyone who will have him. Margaux was quite aggressive and rude to him. Pick me up at 6! Talk about a rich bitch. I loved the actress in Pan Am, but I hate her character in Revenge. A strong, successful woman doesn’t have to be aggressive and assert herself rudely with anyone she comes across. Confidence looks very different. I fear that Jack will be her doormat. Just one question: what exactly is he supposedly seeing in her? Other than an easy lay, I have no answer. She’s clearly not mommy-material. Or fit for a long-term relationship with him.