Video: Grey's Anatomy's Sandra Oh Talks 'Truthful' Happy Ending For 'Crowen' and Possible Deadly Exit For Cristina: 'I Want Her to Live'

Sandra Oh Grey's AnatomyHow’s this for a crazy stat: During my 10-plus years covering the Grey’s Anatomy beat, I have interviewed Sandra Oh a total of zero times.

Well, my Oh-less streak was broken earlier this week when the actress — in the Big Apple to talk up the show’s 200th episode as well as her looming (and yes, dreaded) departure — dropped by TVLine’s headquarters for a long-overdue Q&A.

Turns out she was totally worth the wait.

PHOTOS | Grey’s Anatomy‘s Cristina Quandary: 4 (Mostly) Plausible Exit Scenarios For Cristina

Oh more than delivered the goods during our six-minute chat, offering her happy ending-ish hopes for Cristina and Owen, explaining why Cristina passing the baton to Emma last night was as hard for her as it was for her alter ego (“It hurts to even talk about it”), and revealing why she does not want to be killed off (hint: it involves a possible return to Grey‘s for the eventual series finale).

Press PLAY below for an interview that Oh says is definitely not part of the Cristina Yang Farewell Tour, then share your hopes for the character’s exit.

1. Annie says:

Love this woman, completely. I agree with her – Cristina should not exit via Shonda’s old standby “let’s kill people”! approach. I want to see her happy and I think most fans do as well.

2. Shar says:

A remarkable interview and congratulations on letting Sandra take the lead and just talk about her craft and her feelings on leaving.

3. Mimi says:

Ugh!! I love this woman and I am going to miss her so much. I hope she doesn’t die because I will like to see her come back at the end so Cristina can be with Owen. That being said, I cant wait to see her outside Greys.

4. Holly says:

Terrific interview with Sandra Oh, Michael. Especially love listening to her thoughts about her character Cristina, Crowen, and Kevin McKidd. They’re a great acting duo.

5. Giulia says:

I love Sandra Oh.

6. Laurie says:

Terrific interview. She was very articulate and genuine and you can see that her character of Christina means so much to her. Kudos to her for bringing so many layers to Christina.

7. Dax says:

Best Sandra Oh interview ever! She is so passionate about her character genuinely and it shows! I absolutely adore her and her character.. I just hope Shonda gives her a bittersweet (it can’t be happy as we will be losing Yang) ending :)

8. Jenna says:

Great interview. I really love Sandra is doing more press for Grey’s than she has done since the first season of the show. It is nice to hear her perspective and how hard it will be to leave her relationships with friends on the show and her character Cristina Yang at the end of the season. Thank you for the lovely interview Ausiello :)

9. Shaun says:

I have a hard time imagining any scenario in which Cristina leaves Seattle without Meridith.She basically came back to be close again and to have status again.

10. TaMara says:

Love her and you did a great job Michael…great listener which let her really reveal herself.

11. gead says:

absolutely love sandra and her partnership with kevin. will be so so sad when she leaves because there will be no more cristina and crowen. however yes, hope shonda doesn’t kill her off and she can return to be with owen in the end! watching owen with someone else right now hurts like hell though, can’t even watch it.

12. asd123 says:

Sandra is the best. Cristina will remain one of the best characters ever and if she’s open to come for the very end of Grey’s, I hope it’ll be a scene between Cristina and Mer because, no matter what happens, they are the core of Grey’s.

13. ddutchie88 says:

Beautiful, intelligent & talented woman. Love her

14. mandy says:

Wow. Such a great interview. I don’t watch GA regularly like I did in the beginning, but when I do watch now, I watch for her. She’s amazing, and I will definitely look forward to seeing her in other things.

15. Terry says:

While I hate to see her leave Grey’s, I think it would be awesome if Sandra Oh was on Scandal. She would be amazing on that show.

16. Mary says:

I want her to live, too:)

17. Alice says:

They better not kill her. Even if it runs another 6 years like ER, I want her to be a part of the final episode- the way that two-parter managed to once again connect the doctors in Chicago with the ones that had already left the show.

18. Sidney.B says:

I don’t think Shonda would listen to you, honey.It’s gonna get dirtier than Lexie’s death .Like she’d be kidnapped by a serial killer and her body cut in little pieces.

19. yk says:

love the way she talks and uses her hands.

20. Jules says:

Fantastic interview! I hope she continues to do well in her career after Grey’s!

21. Caro says:

I hate Shane!

Too bad Sandra decided to leave Grey’s Anatomy. :-(

22. Babygate says:

Sandra Oh is just magnificent. So classy and articulate. I can’t imagine Greys without her. It was incredibly thoughtful of her to give everyone enough time to process her exit. A benefit we didn’t have with Lexie, Izzie or Mark. My only objection is to Shane somehow being the person to carry Cristina’s torch. No way. He’s no Cristina Yang. And as far as the 200th episode, it was underwhelming at best. So much wasted potential. I can’t believe that Shonda entrusted this episode to Austin Guzman, the man-child. Just another sign that now for her is all about Scandal. I would have thought she would have taken greater care with this episode. Oh well. Still, Sandra Oh is fantastic. Great interview.

23. Ninna says:

…if it isn’t Owen I don’t know who it would be…

Please all the actors tend to oversell their love stories as if…
    If she truly loved him that much she would never leave him and would do everything in her power to keep him, including a child. What she loves the way the actress is trying to sell, is surgery. And the same for Owen. If he loved her above everything like he adores to shout out to the for winds, he wouldn’t have agreed to move on to something he supposedly loves less. So ridiculous.
    Very sad to see her go. But we know as much as she, that their story never had legs to walk.

• Kat says:

Having a baby you don’t in any way want in order to keep a man is the very definition of a bad idea.

• bjornine says:

Agree with you Ninna. Even if Grey’s is a TV-show and as such at times a bit unrealistic (soap??), there is a lot of real life here too. And I think that is what makes it so good.
      As for LOVE. To find “REAL LOVE”, a love that is more than just romantic/great sex life……., a love which is rare, which includes being friends, a love which is different from all other romances most of us experience through life… To find that is quite rare. I think most people around us settle on second best. I think we would be surprised to know that most marriages/partnerships are less “life’s BIG LOVE” than we think.
      But this BIG, UNIQUE LOVE is definitely what’s happening between Cristina and Owen – as I understand it. And for two people to accept second best after that is hard to understand and even seems rather ridiculous. Cristina setting up a web dating site for Owen………….
      Shonda will have a hard nut to crack with this one……………………..

24. Will says:

Irritated with Shonda & ABC for not knowing that they need to wrap up Grey’s. I love the show but bloating the series with tons of new cast additions and combined with Sandra Oh’s departure, I too will be done at the end of the season. Even ER was a pale shadow of its former self at the end.

• Chris says:

Oh, so they “need” to wrap up the show because that’s your opinion? Just stop watching now since you hate it that much. Go do something you enjoy. It’s much more pleasant than whining.

25. JD says:

What a brilliant interview. Nice job Michael for just letting her talk things out. She is just beautiful.

26. H.C. says:

Cristina has been the greatest character on Grey’s from the start, she has grown so much these years, it would be a waste and the most cruel thing if they killed her off. I don’t know how I’ll feel after she leaves, I can take all the departures, deaths and couples breaking up but I don’t know if can stand not seeing Meredith and Cristina’s incredible chemistry anymore.

27. erin says:

Amazing interview, I love Sandra so much. No matter what way Shonda decides to deal with Cristina’s departure, I know I’m going to cry so much during her last episode.

28. greysfan says:

Brilliant interview. She is an incredible actress and incredible person. Her final episode is going to be sad it really is but i really hope Shonda lets her live so when, like she said the show comes to a close she will be able to come back for that.

29. Jill says:

Cristina’s happy ending better NOT be with Owen. I can’t stand him.

30. Meredith is Yin. Christina is Yang. There’s no Grey’s after that.

31. LeAnn says:

Gosh I love her.

32. bb says:

I love Cristina. The chemistry between Mer and Cristina friendship is part of the greatest things of this attractiveness drama. No matter how bad their argument goes, their friendship will not change a bit.
    If it’s not Owen, there’s nobody else for Cristina. And if it’s not Cristina, there’s nobody else for Owen in this world. They are perfect for each other. I can’t see why Shonda would kill-off such an important character for such a successful story!!

• Barbara S. West Virginia says:

Of course, there could be a Greys with the Yin and Yang! They seem “made for each other”!

33. billy says:

It’s gonna to be sad when Christina yang leave the show.there are so many other people that you could cut off.she is the heart of the show.

34. billy says:

don’t kill off Christina.she is the rock on this show there are some of the people that you could cut off.Christina, Derek, Meredith,Alex,they are the foundation of this show.

35. billy says:

Christina and Owen are like Luke and Laura from General Hospital.so shonda what are you doing?