Sneak Peek: Once Player Travels to Wonderland to Expose The Knave's Mysterious History

A Once Upon a Time character is paying a visit to Wonderland, and we’ve got your first look at the bow wielder’s unexpected role in The Knave of Hearts’ backstory.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Season 1 Spoilers — Red Queen/Jafar Alliance

In the Oct. 24 episode (ABC, 8/7c), flashbacks will reveal that Alice’s pal used to be Will Scarlet, a member of Robin Hood’s (played by Sean Maguire) Merry Men. And you know how The Knave is a wanted man now? Perhaps this has something to do with it: Will convinces the group to steal gold from Maleficent’s castle before pilfering an enchanted looking glass for himself.

Once fans, who else would you like to see pop on Wonderland?

Comments (21)

• Knave of Hearts <3 :) love him!

Comment by Elyse – October 11, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is by far the best character as well as actor in the show…

Comment by EJ386 – October 11, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know if it’s just me but the actor playing the Knave of Hearts reminds me a bit of a young Christopher Eccleston (specifically Eccleston’s Doctor in Doctor Who)

Comment by Jake – October 11, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • he reminds me of a younger (and British) Jake Gyllenhaal. I’ve been meaning to check out Dr Who on Netflix! I’ll have to google Christopher Eccleston!

Comment by Elyse – October 11, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He definitely reminds me of a British Jake Gyllenhaal. I had to look it up just to be sure they weren’t related or something lol

Comment by Maria – October 11, 2013 09:37 PM PDT
          • Yeah… you definitely need to check out Doctor Who… one of the best shows EVER

Comment by LastoftheTimeLords – October 12, 2013 07:18 AM PDT
        • He was on the UK’s cast of Being Human…though he has a lot more flash in this role (didn’t realize he was this good an actor)

Comment by Trenton – October 11, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The northern UK accent, the haircut, the leather jacket….yeah-he’s totally lil’9th Doctor.

Comment by Alice – October 12, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That is exactly what I was thinking as I watched the show. The accent, especially, sounds so much like Chris.

Comment by Carolyn – October 15, 2013 10:12 AM PDT
        • My thoughts exactly! His accent mostly, but also how he tilts his head when he looks at Alice is so much like Eccleston/9th looks at Rose! I practically googled their names to see if it’s just me who finds this resemblance – but I guess not :-)

Comment by ofernicus – November 19, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I freaking loved the pilot. I cant wait to see more

Comment by A – October 11, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, while crossovers and Easter eggs can be fun, I don’t want them overtaking either show. Sure it’s great to have an Apollo bar in Sneezy’s pharmacy, it’s quite another to have Bernard & Rose living in Neverland. It could get old fast.

Well, OK. Benjamin Linus could be working against Pan…

Comment by BTM – October 11, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ This. Even when they say you don’t have to watch one show to watch the other, it gets annoying when back-stories overlap. The Storybrooke part in the pilot was hard enough to figure out how that even works with OUAT mythology, but now overlapping flashbacks when they’re going to do Robin Hood stuff on OUAT? No, Just… no. They should leave it like Hook mentioning Rufio in OUAT: give a nod to the character, but otherwise act like they don’t have the copyright, because at some point there’s going to be a mention of the Knave or Jafar or someone else from Wonderland on OUAT, and people who haven’t watched it (it’s unwise to assume that all OUAT fans will) are going to be confused and annoyed.

Comment by ej – October 11, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see what the big issue is. It’s all the same universe, sort of how Buffy and Angel are all part of the same “Buffyverse”.

Comment by Joey – October 11, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the set up a lot…though the never ending green screen back drops could get old. OUT works b/c its not always that…gives some time to get to normalcy. Hope this show has more moments of real environments. Loving multiple baddies with aligned but not shared agendas…Hope we get to learn when Alice joined the UFC?

Comment by Trenton – October 11, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still waiting for the moment that Sora and Riku (Kingdom Hearts) come into the show. The whole set up of world’s crossing and baddies aligning is taken straight from Kingdom Hearts

Comment by James – October 12, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or, y’know, ONCE UPON A TIME. ;)

Comment by Will – October 12, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Kingdom Hearts came first! ;)

Comment by magreeda – October 14, 2013 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. Robin Hood and the Knave/Will – two of the most interesting new additions to the OUAT verse. Can’t wait to see that backstory.

Comment by Louise – October 12, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please check out my review on the premiere episode and give me feedback!

peterpansalterego.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/once-upon-time-in-wonderland-down_14.html

Comment by peterpansalterego – October 13, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate doctor who. I love this show because I love the time period this show is set in

Comment by Caitlin Ewing – October 24, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post