Vampire Diaries First Look: Damon and Elena Make a Royal Showing at the Historical Ball

The Vampire Diaries is pulling out the costume-ball garb for its Oct. 31 episode (The CW, 8/7c), and we’ve got your first look at Damon and Elena dressed as Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn for the Whitmore Historical Ball.

VIDEO | Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Matt and Jeremy Hit the Road With Sickly Katherine

Check out the photos below, and then hit the comments to let us know how these outfits rank compared to Mystic Fall’s many other extravaganzas (like the Masquerade Ball, Prom and countless decade dances).

Vampire Diaries Season 5 Photos

Vampire Diaries Season 5 Photos

Comments (19)

• Um … they do know what happened with Anne and Henry, right? Spoiler Alert – not really the marriage happy couples should be modeling themselves after.

Please don’t be foreshadowing. Although I’m pretty sure the exact ending – aka, Damon beheading Elena for allegations of sleeping with her brother so he can marry a blonde chick – won’t be happening. At least I really, really, hope not. Cause sad. And ew. And what?

Comment by So Contagious (@socontagious19) – October 10, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HER HAIR SHOULD BE PUT UP. LIKE THEY WORE IT BACK THEN. DAMON DOES NOT LOOKED DRESSED PROPERLY FOR A KING OF THAT ERA. BUT I DON’T LIKE THEM TOGEATHER ANYWAY.

Comment by BRIDGETT – October 10, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Costumes/hair are super weak compared to those we’ve seen previously, kinda disappointed.

Comment by Annie – October 10, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh Boring. Give me Stefan/Silas, Caroline, Jeremy….pretty much the rest of the cast is way more interesting.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 10, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm am I the only one confused as to why there is a playboy bunny at a historical dance?

Comment by V – October 10, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No my friend, you are not! I was like. “….are you kidding me? This is a joke right?”

Comment by Becky – October 12, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO. No, no. The History degree in me is freaking out. I am aware that The Tudors took some liberties (and therefore everyone believes that these clothes were the norm), but Elena’s costume? Ugh, it is not accurate at all. And her hair should have a headpiece. At the least a crown, and the most a french style hood. Nothing about the silhouette of her dress is close to right (those sleeves?!). Disappointed, but I understand the CW’s insatiable need to make their actors sexy. Okay, that was semi-obnoxious of me, rant over.

Comment by HanLin – October 10, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But don’t you love what looks like a Georgian hairstyle in the background. I want to see that dress. :)

Comment by Samantha – October 10, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I could cry from how awful these costumes are. My favorite historical figure, Anne Bolyen (tied with Bonnie and Clyde) and her costume is atrocious! Ugh! I was so excited too!

Comment by Becky – October 11, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re in college now. How can they keep having these themed dances? That sure doesn’t happen in college unless maybe you’re in a frat in which that still doesn’t happen.

Comment by Melinda – October 10, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A few sororities at the college I went to had themed parties all the time. Though usually they were just an excuse for the girls to dress as skimpy as possible and the guys never really dressed up :) But I guess we just have to go with it, since it seems to be the Vampire Diaries thing.

Comment by Ju – October 10, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THERE COSTUMES ARE FANTASTIC AND THE EPISODE IS GONA BE GOOD

Comment by olivia – October 10, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do themed dances follow them wherever they go?? Lol

Comment by Stayce – October 13, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually her costume looks like the one on The Tudors..maybe they borrowed it? lol

Comment by Anna Acierno – October 15, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon and Elena suck together but Im tired of seeing Stefan pining over her after all she’s done to him……..its time for some new Love interestes to blossom……..Elena is a Vamp slut now……..put her out her misery its gotten boring

Comment by Charmaine – October 22, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The costumes are pretty cool and looks great on both of them. They make a great couple! Can’t wait to see the episode. Looking forward to it.

Comment by Elaine Shold – October 25, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this clothes are not historically accurate but they look hot and adorable together, love Delena

Comment by Alice – October 26, 2013 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol….um yes why exactly Wld they dress Delena as Henry and Anne? I’m pretty sure that relationship ended with Henry giving orders to behead her with a sword for accusations of her sleeping with 6 other men…including her brother!!! Weird vampire diaries…Let’s hope she’s not planning to sleep with Jeremy but I’m all for Stefan! Lol

Comment by L – October 27, 2013 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh who looks at outfittd when these two are sooo goodlooking

Comment by Chantall – December 4, 2013 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post