Grey's Anatomy Cast Teases 'Tragically Sparkly' Episode 200, Reveals All-Time Fave Storylines

This Thursday at 9/8c, the doctors of Grey’s Anatomy will be “Puttin’ on the Ritz” — as in the title of the ABC drama’s 200th episode.

The milestone hour features drama high and low, mixing the medical with a fun fundraiser where Grey+Sloan Memorial aims to bolster its coffers until its superstorm insurance check comes in.

RELATED | Ellen Pompeo Breaks Silence on Isaiah, Heigl and Her Grey’s Future

“We’re trying really hard to sort of have fun this season,” series creator Shonda Rhimes shared with us at an event marking the special outing. “And a lot of the 200th episode is about having fun.”

Added Kevin McKidd, who joined the show in Season 5 (in what we guesstimate was Episode 79): “It’s a warm, sort of uplifting and upbeat episode. It reflects the celebration of the fact that it’s a 200th episode.”

PHOTOS | Grey’s Anatomy Episode 200: Callie’s Smiling! Derek’s Juggling! Cristina’s Annoyed!

Other Grey’s cast members we spoke to at the Episode 200 soiree used words such as “beautifully disastrous” (per Sarah Drew), “tragically sparkly” (care of Camilla Luddington), “eccentric chaos” (Tessa Ferrer) and “magical/theatrical” (Jessica Capshaw) to sum up the hour. And in the slideshow below, the stars reveal what their characters are up to in No. 200, as well as reflect on their favorite moments from the years gone by. (With reporting by Scott Huver)

1. JJM says:

“O’Malley. Stop looking at mah va-jay-jay!” – Has to be one of funniest lines out of Bailey’s mouth.

2. Paula says:

That’s the thing with so many new faces, no one can remember the best GA moment, the season 2 finale. And now in your head is playing Chasing Cars.

3. dax says:

I think Cristina has been given a LOT of amazing moements through out her run:

Season 1: her intro through out the season as the hardcore one
    Season 2: her post-pregnancy “i was right!” uncontrollable cry! “SOMEBODY SEDATE ME!”
    Season 3: like she said: Getting cut outta wedding dress
    Season 4: Her “Burke is gone” speech after he wins Haper Avery
    Season 5: Icicle scene, Izzie telling her she has cancer scene
    Season 6: Choking Scene, Shooting epi “I am saving your man, go save mine!” – epic
    Season 7: Wedding – PTSD scene – Fishing Trip Cry
    Season 8: Throwing cereal on Owen’s face.. Finding her shoe!
    Season 9: her bathtub scene remembering what happened after crash – gave me creeps!
    Season 10: so far – EVERY Cristina Scene is awesome!

To conclude, Cristina Yang is awesome and Sandra Oh Better get an EMMY!

4. Funny Kevin listed out the Iraq episode as his favorite episode, it’s Owen’s centric episode. Plus I loathed that episode, probably worst epside of season 6.

5. LaLa says:

Meredith cutting Cristina out of that wedding dress is, by far, my most favorite scene from this entire series. Bar none. Just epic.
    Izzie folding up into a ball, sobbing, on Denny’s chest after realizing he died . . .my second favorite.

6. Eric7740 says:

There are too many great Greys moments to count, but I’ll give a few of my favorites,
    Season 2 “Its the End of the World… As We Know It”- The final scene were Derek comes to see Meredith after the bomb went off and Merediths tells him she can’t remember the last time they kissed, and Derek turns to go and then tells her the last time they kissed.
    That scene gets me everytime, those 2 episodes were just fantastic!!!
    Alex and Izzie’s wedding
    The season 6 finale
    “Elevator Love Letter”
    Lexie’s Death Scene
    Marks Death Scene
    There are so many more, I just can’t put them all!!!

7. Olivia says:

I TOTALLY agree with the cast members who mentioned the S6 finale. That is, by far, the most intense for me (and with the best acting imo).

Why am I expecting a tipsy and cynical Arizona to be the one to end up with April in that closet and making a joke about going back in, in the middle of a rant about her disastrous life? Lol I can see that.

I don’t know why but I am also thinking that Cristina will somehow flirt with some rich guy to prove herself she can move on, or something like that.

8. Kimmie says:

I don’t think I’ve missed an episode of Gray’s in 10 years. I knew all the characters and actors names. Reading this article, I have no idea who Sarah Drew, Camilla Luddington, or Tessa Ferrer are (googled them). But I still have no idea of the name of the black male or female intern or Tessa Ferrer’s character ( I just call her big face because…well…). Even when April and company came on it took me ages to learn their names (I remember Charles, the Frankenstein looking guy – sorry he died, but could not look at him) no idea of the name of the girl who was shot at the beginning of the shooting episode. Bottom line, still like the show, but they are trying to make the 3 girl interns and one guy intern into Mer/Cristina/Izzy/Alex 2.0 and it’s not going to work – I’ve never been able to really connect w/anyone the last few years other than the originals.

9. cas says:

I would say that Izzie curled up in a ball after Denny died is by far my favorite. Followed by a few of the episodes from the beginning of series with Mer and Derek. I was never a big Cristina fan so I don’t really have a favorite episode of hers.

10. Tony says:

Lifetime just happens to be showing “Death and All of His Friends” right now. That episode and Sanctuary that they showed yesterday really were the best of Greys.
    Amazing work by every actor.

Though “The Song Beneath The Song” will always be my personal favorite. Bailey, Calie, and Owens Chasing Cars is the best scene Greys has ever done!

• Angela says:

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of this show over the years, but I’d heard many good things about that season 6 finale, and so I watched the two-parter yesterday and today, too.
      It really was good. Very suspenseful and dramatic, and got me all choked up a time or two as well.

11. mj says:

I don’t know the exact titles but I love the ‘bomb’ episode, the episode in which Meredith almost drowns, the elevator proposal and of course the shooter episode. I really can’t choose, best series ever!

12. Sally says:

What about Ellen, Patrick and Sara? Would have loved to hear them talk about their favorite moments from the show.

There are so many, its impossible to choose.

Elevator Love Letter. The shooting. Season 2 finale. George’s death. Lexie dying and Mark’s speech to her. When they all see the operation and start laughing, in the episode of the school shooting.
    One of my favorites was Season 9 episode 2..could not stop crying.

13. trainwreck says:

Grey’s has had wonderful episodes through out its run.. but if choosing favorites, i will go with old school two-parter “It’s the end of the world” and “As we Know it”.

I also hold the season 2 epi , “Into you like a train” – that episode to me defines what Grey’s Anatomy is all about! (and it hits a lil too close home for me personally :) )

14. The season 2 finale as far as I’m concerned really defined Grey’s as quality television. Stellar acting, strong script, the image of Izzie laying in Denny’s bed…one of the best episodes I’ve ever seen on television. Period.

15. Justin11 says:

All of season 1 and 2, especially “You’re the woman who’s been screwing my husband”, “Pick Me. Choose Me. Love Me.”, “BECAUSE I’M NOT MEREDITH GREY” Into You Like a Train (“we can’t abandon her”), “you don’t get to call me a whore”, “You wanna know WHY I’m so mediocre?”, “I cut his L-VAD wire. I quit.” Season 3 premiere (Alex and co. trying to convince Meredith to get Izzie out of the bathroom), season 3 finale (Meredith ripping off Christina’s dress), then nothing until Season 5 finale (Geooorge), season 6 finale. Most of the good moments were Meredith-moments. She is the show.

16. k says:

The episode where Denny dies is the all time best! My favorite Mer/Der moment is in season 2 I think when they are in the stairwell and she tells him something like “I’m all put back together now” and “you don’t get to call me a slut”. It’s when Addison is back. LOVED It!

17. bs says:

George dying and the time leading up to when Merideth realized it was george was the best…don’t know the season.

18. Jacki says:

Loved it when Chief (Richard) caught Callie living in the hospital basement dancing her butt off in undies. The look on both their faces was hilarious.

19. Keep on working, great job!