What to Watch Tuesday: Supernatural Returns, Frontline Sacks the NFL, Sons Alliance and More

SupernaturalOn TV this Tuesday: Supernatural‘s premiere calls all angels, The Originals stake claim to their regular time slot, Person of Interest uses its (considerable) feminine wiles and Sons of Anarchy make friends. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | NCIS Boss Talks Life After Ziva, Deflecting S.H.I.E.L.D. — Plus: Abby Gives McGee a [Spoiler]

RELATED | Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Order For More Scripts — Full-Season Pickup Next?

8 pm The Originals (The CW) | Time-slot premiere: Rebekah arrives in New Orleans, where she meets Hayley, gets some unexpected news and seeks help from Sophie.

RELATED | 15 Fresh Faces of Fall TV: Where You’ve Seen ‘Em – and Which Roles Are Worth Repeat Viewing?

9 pm Frontline (PBS) | In “League of Denial,” the documentary series works with ESPN journalists to investigate thousand of former NFL players’ claims that the league has covered up football’s connection to long-term brain injuries.

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Season 9 premiere: With Sam near death, Dean’s asks the angels for help – and Ezekiel (played by Battlestar Galactica‘s Tahmoh Penikett) is the first to show up. Meanwhile, Sam must face familiar demons as he fights for his life. (Check out a sneak peek and watch a preview.)

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)| As the team works to find the person who messed with a biotech company’s vaccine project, Deeks struggles with his emotions upon returning to the field. Trent Dawson (As the World Turns) and Aiden Turner (All My Children) guest-star.

9 pm The Goldbergs (ABC) | When Barry goes to work at the Ottoman Empire with Murray, he learns that being a salesman is a lot different than he expected.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Winston is determined to give Furguson the cat one night of glory before getting neutered, and I’m determined to figure out why this show can’t give Lamorne Morris an episode that doesn’t make me cringe on his behalf.

9:30 pm The Mindy Project (Fox) | Morgan sues Mindy for sexual harrassment.

RELATED | TVLine Mixtape: Favorite Songs From New Girl, Sleepy Hollow, Suits and Other Shows

RELATED | Lucky 7 Cancelled By ABC, Replaced With Scandal Repeats

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | The club is forced to make an uneasy alliance that has unforeseen consequences.

10 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Ladies’ night! Reese and Finch ask Carter, Shaw and Zoe (returning guest star Paige Turco) to reel in a playboy who’s either a predator or someone else’s soon-to-be-prey. In keeping with tonight’s theme of soapy CBS guest stars, Ron Raines (Guiding Light) also appears.

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Mena Suvari (American Beauty) debuts as Isabella, an old friend of Dawson’s who helps Mouch’s campaign get on track. Elsewhere, Severide needs proof to back up his suspicions about the serial arsonist’s ID, and Molly’s bar is failing.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (39)

• Watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. live, DVRing NCIS, then watching NCIS Los Angeles.

Comment by Jerri – October 8, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural =) I’m so excited for the season premiere!

Comment by Wilson – October 8, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! Can’t wait to see what happens now that angels are falling to earth. With The Voice airing a clip show, I’ll be watching Supernatural, The Originals and Chicago Fire live, and DVRing Frontline.

Comment by Jon – October 8, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Working til 11 tonight so I’m dvring Agents of SHIELD, NCIS: LA, Supernatural, and Sons of Anarchy.

Comment by Samantha Rose – October 8, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S. again.

Comment by SK – October 8, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural and TO :D
    Let’s hope Elijah gets his dagger removed tonight

Comment by mac – October 8, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the originals I’m excited for a brand new episode.

Comment by Pati – October 8, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals will give another look and torrenting Sons!

Comment by DavidSask – October 8, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI sounds intresting tonight!can’t wait!!still on the fence if I would watch this ep of original,pissed that I wasted 1hour watching what I had already seen(except a couple of scene)Loving shield,but I don’t fully love chloe bennet’s character yet

Comment by meah – October 8, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI sounds awesome tonight!! Carter, Shaw and Zoe together!!!! Also SHIELD, Mindy and FaceOff.
    Oh for Canadians, This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Rick Mercer Report return tonight

Comment by liz – October 8, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals, Goldbergs and Trophy Wife for me

Comment by Amy – October 8, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Mindy Project excited to see Glenn from It’s Always Sunny guest star in new episode.

Comment by Joey – October 8, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD
    The Originals

Comment by Eric7740 – October 8, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originals
    Chicago Fire
    Person of Interest PVR

Comment by sarah – October 8, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AoS, Goldbergs, Trophy Wife

Comment by Jo – October 8, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think this is an unpopular opinion but i like winston being so pathetic

Comment by ceylan – October 8, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! Supernatural! Sorry SHIELD, but your one-minute overrun means you’re moving to my DVR. Can’t miss a minute of Supernatural!!!

Comment by alistaircrane – October 8, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals
    The Goldberg’s

Comment by Jared – October 8, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of SHIELD (series needs to bounce back from last week) and Chicago Fire.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 8, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originals supernatural poi

Comment by ollie – October 8, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my line-up, ollie!!

Comment by ninamags – October 8, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t watch yet another Sam “in distress/in peril” scene, so it’s NCIS for me!

Comment by Kate – October 8, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You mean another same in distres/pain season

Comment by Red – October 8, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *Sam

Comment by Red – October 8, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right! Another “season” of Sam in peril. Can’t understand why fans keep watching that endless scenario year after year. I’d hoped Carver would break that rut. Guess not; I’ve moved on.

Comment by Kate – October 8, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originials

Comment by Brandy – October 8, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of shield dont get a mention

Not cool

Comment by Blaze – October 8, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AoS, SoA, Supernatural, POI

Comment by John – October 8, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of SHIELD and The Goldbergs (it’s growing on me).

Comment by Steve F. – October 8, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The League doesn’t come on tonight!

Comment by Amanda – October 8, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, SHIELD, Trophy Wife, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Supernatural

Comment by Andy – October 8, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 6 hours worth of viewing for me tonight – all will need to go to DVR as I will get home late.
    NCIS, NCIS: LA, Person of Interest, SHIELD, Sons of Anarchy, and the Originals.

Comment by G – October 8, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo hoo! Supernatural!!

Comment by Carrie – October 8, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I am going to have to let AoS go. It’s not what I was expecting. At. All. I don’t really care for the two geeks. The freedom fighter chick irks me something serious and this episode looks like it will be all about her. I will be watching NCIS, Supernatural and Chicago Fire live. NCIS:LA, Trophy Wife, The Goldbergs and PoI get the DVR treatment.

Comment by tp – October 8, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please get Body of Proof Back – Would be great instead of reruns of Scandal, in Lucky 7′s time spot……….Thank you.

Comment by Marie – October 8, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.” Also, “New Girl” & “Person of Interest.” Very happy Zoe’s back. :)

Comment by Savannah – October 8, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops. *S.H.I.E.L.D. Also, maybe “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” :)

Comment by Savannah – October 8, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post