Nashville First Look: Will Chase Gets Off to a Smashing Start With Rayna

Well hello there, cowboy…

Nashville newbie Will Chase takes the stage in the ABC drama’s Oct. 23 episode (10/9c), and we’ve got your first look at the Smash alum living it up as a country-music crowd pleaser.

RELATEDNashville EP on What’s Ahead for Rayna, Deacon & Co.

Scroll down to see Chase’s Luke share the spotlight with Chris Carmack’s Will and Connie Britton’s Rayna during a benefit concert starring Edgehill’s best acts. (If we had to caption that second pic, we’d probably go with, “Deacon who?”)

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

1. Anon says:

The title of the article made me realize that I kind of miss hating on Smash.

2. Lilacbarries says:

I just miss smash period. But it’s part of the reason I checked Nashville out in the first place, and I’m glad I did.

3. The Beach says:

Who did he play on Smash? I don’t recognize him.

4. margo says:

I will never forget him coming up to me in the lobby of “The Mystery of Edwin Drood”, taking my hands, and in character asking me who I was waiting for. He is perfection.

5. Romi says:

I agree 100%, Margo. I’ve seen him in a few shows on Broadway and he’s super talented.

6. SallieMccoy says:

Sorry, I already hate him; LOL!

Couldn’t get into Smash, at all, and poor Deacon!

Who turns away from the hottest guy on TV, for an OK Will Chase?

7. Cahse Z says:

Really like Michiel Huisman (Liam), but, I am SO not a fan of either Oliver Hudson or, especially, Will Chase, that are supposedly going to be love interests for Rayna. Oliver is nice to look at, but, his acting has never impressed me and Will has a great voice, but, again, his acting doesnt draw me in.

It would be great if primetime TV writers, would be creative enough to write a storyline with the main love interests actually working out their problems, instead of breaking up and jumping the sheets with somebody new!

It really does happen, couples really do work at their relationships. It would be cool to see it on TV. When you have a couple with as turbulent a history as Rayna and Deacon, and actors with as much chemistry as Connie and Chip, it could also make for great storytelling.

8. mel says: