Nashville First Look: Will Chase Gets Off to a Smashing Start With Rayna

Get More: First Look, Previews

Well hello there, cowboy…

Nashville newbie Will Chase takes the stage in the ABC drama’s Oct. 23 episode (10/9c), and we’ve got your first look at the Smash alum living it up as a country-music crowd pleaser.

RELATEDNashville EP on What’s Ahead for Rayna, Deacon & Co.

Scroll down to see Chase’s Luke share the spotlight with Chris Carmack’s Will and Connie Britton’s Rayna during a benefit concert starring Edgehill’s best acts. (If we had to caption that second pic, we’d probably go with, “Deacon who?”)

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

Nashville Season 2 Spoilers Will Chase

Comments (12)

• The title of the article made me realize that I kind of miss hating on Smash.

Comment by Anon – October 8, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just miss smash period. But it’s part of the reason I checked Nashville out in the first place, and I’m glad I did.

Comment by Lilacbarries – October 8, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who did he play on Smash? I don’t recognize him.

Comment by The Beach – October 8, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael Swift – Joe DiMaggio in Bombshell and the guy that Julia cheated on her husband with.

Comment by Shannon – October 8, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And he didn’t have the beard at the time.

Comment by CMG – October 8, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh wow, thanks for the info. I thought he was very talented on Smash with a great voice. I even downloaded one of his songs. I had no idea that was the same actor.

Comment by The Beach – October 8, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never forget him coming up to me in the lobby of “The Mystery of Edwin Drood”, taking my hands, and in character asking me who I was waiting for. He is perfection.

Comment by margo – October 8, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree 100%, Margo. I’ve seen him in a few shows on Broadway and he’s super talented.

Comment by Romi – October 8, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I already hate him; LOL!

Couldn’t get into Smash, at all, and poor Deacon!

Who turns away from the hottest guy on TV, for an OK Will Chase?

Comment by SallieMccoy – October 8, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! they sure break our hearts this season with Rayna/Deacon. Hope we won’t have to suffer many more Will Chase before these two will sort things out

Comment by Shanag (@shira710) – October 9, 2013 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really like Michiel Huisman (Liam), but, I am SO not a fan of either Oliver Hudson or, especially, Will Chase, that are supposedly going to be love interests for Rayna. Oliver is nice to look at, but, his acting has never impressed me and Will has a great voice, but, again, his acting doesnt draw me in.

It would be great if primetime TV writers, would be creative enough to write a storyline with the main love interests actually working out their problems, instead of breaking up and jumping the sheets with somebody new!

It really does happen, couples really do work at their relationships. It would be cool to see it on TV. When you have a couple with as turbulent a history as Rayna and Deacon, and actors with as much chemistry as Connie and Chip, it could also make for great storytelling.

Comment by Cahse Z – October 11, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post