Exclusive

Exclusive Drop Dead Diva Video: Owen's New Romance Has Jane Spoiling for a Fight

The girl code has been broken, but on this Sunday’s Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime, 9/8c), a guy — Owen — gets the brunt of Jane’s fury when she reveals her true feelings about his new relationship with her BFF Stacy.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

As for Owen, he throws it right back at his ex: “You have zero hold on me. I can date whomever I want.” Ouch.

In case you missed all the drama leading up to this fight, Lifetime is running a Season 5 marathon this Sunday, starting at 10 am.

Loading video...

1. Ahh!! I can’t wait to see what happens next. Not a fan of this new Stacy/Owen relationship.

• Annie says:

Is anyone, really? I hope they fix this. Any word yet on a season 6 pickup? I guess it’s too early yet … hope they put a cap on it, one way or the other, though.

2. the girl says:

He’s right, he can date who she wants, but she’s right to be angry at Stacy. There are some things you don’t do and dating your best friend’s ex-fiance is one of them.

3. GS says:

I was screaming at my tv when they kissed Sunday night! So not cool for Stacy to go there. I just hope they put Jane and Grayson together soon since it probably won’t get renewed. I don’t like him with that other chick at all. Zero chemistry there but Jane and Grayson have loads and it’s about time a heavier woman on tv gets the hot guy!

• Pérola Cardozo says:

And even if I can totally see your point, I think Owen is the one real catchy of the series. He is the perfect guy. And he does love Jane, and she does love Owen, the problem is that Grayson was her soulmate, so, obviously, it confuses her poor head. I imagine that, at some point, she realizes all that she really wanted was with Owen, and says goodbye to Grayson finally, and then the “magic” is broken. And she realizes that Owen is the love of this new life of hers. And they live happy after ever.

But, BAD STACY, BAAAAAAAAAAAD STACY

• carmela says:

no good! now that a child will be in the picture and that owen decided he will want a part in the childs life. My guess is that grayson is janes soul mate and no complete happiness unless sole mates are together and unite as one.

• martha says:

for sure I so agree with u !!! and this stacy so call friend has so cross the line of friend ship I would just make her my past n move on

4. Deion says:

Blllllaaaaaahhhhhh. They did this 2 seasons ago when Jane caught Stacey kissing Grayson. They go out of their way to make Stacey seem like the greatest friend who simply cannot find a man of her own outside of Jane’s orbit.

5. rowan77 says:

I’m not buying the Owen/Stacy pairing. She’s gorgeous, but she’s not very bright and would bore Owen after a short while. The actors also have zero chemistry so it doesn’t feel organic – even though she is pregnant with his child – which would be perhaps the reason why he would fall for her – but not after spending no real time with her. I would think some nesting time together would be a reason he would start falling for her. No, this feels a bit ham-fisted.

I loved Owen with Jane. The chemistry was palpable and they made a great team. I want her to end up with Owen, not Grayson.

• Rachel says:

Yes. What you said.

• Sarah says:

I agree. How amazing would it be for Jane/Deb to help Grayson move on, then get her own new happiness as “Jane” with Owen, no longer aware that she is Deb, since she has come full circle and has fully embraced her new life. They did some thing similar with Al/Michael on OLTL and I think it would give everyone closure.

6. Erin says:

I was annoyed with the whole sperm donor storyline with those two. Actually pairing them up is awful. What best friend would do that?

• 3dhouseofmagic says:

Agree-I can see a kiss in the moment, but the real Stacey wouldn’t go there with Owen because she is a real BF and knowing Jane still has feelings for him.

• Nicole says:

I agree! I just finished the episode with Stacy splayed out like an animal and I’m so disappointed with this new plotline. She’s a total b—-. She used to be a favorite because of her simple beauty. Now I hate her. I can barely summon the desire to continue watching. And yeah, I wanted Jane with Grayson . . . until she met Owen. He’s amazing and it would have been refreshing to see the writers drop the soulmate concept and have Jane make a new life.

The ONLY reason to keep introducing these preposterous plot convolutions is to drag the series out past it’s sell-by date. Grayson is shallow. Who cares? Let Jane be JANE and have a relationship with a decent man. I’m so tired of Jane walking in on Grayson kissing yet another picture of perfection and being crushed.

One of the things that bugs me tons about the Stacy sperm-donor thing is that the writers are trying to sell us the idea that a woman can only be a few things: a model, a baker, or a mom. But to twist it around, they seem to believe that if a woman takes the reins and gets herself a sperm donor, that’s somehow better than Stacy getting married to a man and having a baby like that.

I don’t care about the politics of it and it’s not about some religious belief system, I just feel completely ripped off. Besides, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that Stacy couldn’t find a lover/husband and get pregnant the old-fashioned way (to paraphrase Owen). I think the idea that Stacy just wakes up and suddenly wants to be a mom, so she chooses to get artificially inseminated is absurd, to say the least.

Like someone else said, Stacy only seems to have a life that orbits around Jane. And it’s weak writing and I’m fairly tired of it.

I feel like I’ve wasted tons of my life getting to this point, only to be completely jilted by bad writing and that horrendous desire to drag a series out past it’s due date.

7. Sarah says:

1. Why would Stacy ask someone with a serious HEART PROBLEM to be her sperm donor?
    2. Why would anyone ask their best friend’s ex-fiance to be their own child’s biological father?
    3. Why would any man agree to such a RIDICULOUS arrangment when he still loves his ex-fiance?
    4. WHY OH WHY LIFETIME IS YOUR INTELLIGENT AND FIERCELY LOYAL AUDIENCE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THIS GARBAGE?!?!?

If this is why you brought our beloved show back, you were better off remaining cancelled with a cliffhanger. This show used to have heart, and now it is a show I don’t even recognize :-(

• cleverinwa says:

THIS!!!!!!

• Lou says:

I agree, this entire story line feels like the writers are reaching, and definitely not grabbing on to anything sensible. I hate this Stacy/Owen pair up. It’s obvious Owen still loves Jane, but this thing with him and stacy is unforgivable.

• Nicole says:

RE: #1–I asked myself this SAME question over and over. Still no answer except deux ex machina. Stupid jerk writers.

So glad I’m not alone in feeling ripped off.

8. Babybop says:

The fact that Stacey feels it is appropriate to do any of this shows that she is a terrible friend.

9. Tee says:

Yeah I didn’t think DDD could get any worse than the way it ended when it got cancelled. I was so very wrong.

10. Nocas says:

I was so mad when Stacy asked Jane, her supposedly best friend, to bless her with Jane’s ex-fiance’s sperm – who in the right mind would do that? Then Owen accepting it for whatever reason, whether it was to get back at Jane or not, it’s something he has to live with for the rest of his life. And now, the way Stacy is leading it, I knew they were going to kiss someday, when Stacy helped Owen put the bow on, it gave it away. That Stacy does not think at all, she lives by her impulses. I hate to say this, but I wish she would be next to go off the show – create a car crash and oops Stacy is dead. And why is Jane so supportive of this (both of Stacy wanting to have a child and Owen for giving his sperm to her “best friend”), a true friend would know that Stacy is not capable of raising a child on her own, she is the child!!!! When Stacy talked about wanting to have a child, I thought Jane would bring her down to her senses and forget about the whole thing…. Look where it’s going. I don’t know about the show anymore – it’s not pleasing me at all.

• carmela says:

maybe they r planning to let her die in child birth? then owen would get the baby, then who knows…. I still would like to see jane back with grayson, he was so hurt by her, and he still loves her. There’s no chemistry between him and the new girl.

• Nicole says:

I’m glad I wasn’t the first to say that there’s no way Stacy could raise a child by herself. Yes. She’s a total idiot. Kim Kaswell, I have a bit more faith in.

I do feel like it was a total joke to send Parker packing, especially after he was so happy Kim was pregnant. More convenient writing just to create improbable complications in the work force. I guess it was getting too hard for the writers to create ways for Jane to run into Owen, so they had to ditch Parker. I loved Jay Parker, even if he was kind of a playboy.

11. Tina says:

I thought this show was canceled after season 3?

12. Audrey says:

Pretty positive these last few episodes are IT for the show – so they’re strategizing an end game where everyone is paired up and lives “happily ever after.”

13. Felicia says:

This show is making me sickkk.
    I HATE STACY. This whole Stacy/Owen thing is a joke. They are running out of ideas. I have so many unanswered questions and there are so many MAJOR holes in the plot points. I can’t take it anymore!
    I keep screaming at my t.v.. it’s like a car crash I can’t stop watching.

14. sophie says:

I CANT BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!! i really wish jane and owen would get back together!

15. Dee Rodeen says:

I’m glad Stacy & Owen vex everyone- it adds some much needed intrigue. BTW, Rowan, if you think smart guys get bored with idiots, fine. However, I have yet to meet one that gets bored with beautiful/nice. In fact, they naïvely eat it up because it screams, “Look at how desirable I am in ADDITION to being cerebral!” Jane blew it twice; She doesn’t deserve anyone for now. Let Stupid have her baby with the real dad until all he’s “Owen” is child support!

16. Jennifer says:

I love DDD, this expisode of Owen & Stacy dating each other and who knows where it would end is very disappointing. What is the script writer trying to escalate the moves, or is planning to cancel the show…

17. Erika says:

I really really dislike Stacey! From reading all of these posts, it seems everyone does too. I think it makes for a very good storyline cause I keep wanting to watch to see if that so called “friend” is put in her place. I am fine with taking this a bit further cause it is suspensful and frustrating, but I want to see Jane and Owen back together and for that Stacy girl to get a big dose of reality!

18. Nan MacSain says:

This owen/stacy thing makes me want to stop watching the show. Let Stacy have a miscarriage and then get Owen and Jane back together.

19. Hurray!!!!!!!!Love DDD . One of the few TV programs that I actually look forward to.