What to Watch Monday: Hart of Dixie and Beast Return, Soap Star Goes Broke, Blacklist and More

hart-of-dixie-s3-premiereOn TV this Monday: Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast return to the CW, soaps siren Nadia Bjorlin gets catty on 2 Broke Girls and The Blacklist cracks the code. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

VIDEO | Bones Baddie Pelant Pays [Spoiler] a Startling Visit

8 pm Hart of Dixie (CW) | Season 3 premiere: After spending the summer in New York City, Zoe is ready to make her move more permanent. Meanwhile, Dexter’s Josh Cooke begins a recurring run as another New Yorker who relocates to Bluebell. (Get scoop from Bluebell’s Golden Boy.)

8 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | Sibling rivalry alert: Two-time champion Julianne Hough will guest-judge the remaining dancers, including big bro Derek.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!

9 pm Sleepy Hollow (Fox) | While on the hunt for her estranged sister, Abbie and Ichabod discover more about the evil they are facing — including its name. (Psst, did you hear about Season 2?)

9 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Days of Our Lives’ Nadia Bjorlin guest-stars as a model looking for her lost cat –and Max and Caroline know juuuust where it is. (We Are Men, by the bye, has a dog-centric storyline at 8pm. Is it me, or is CBS a bit animal-friendly tonight?)

9 pm Beauty and the Beast (CW) | (New time slot!) Season 2 premiere: Months after Vincent was taken, Catherine is reunited with him… but not in the way she planned. (Read our in-depth preview.)

9 pm Valentine Road (HBO) | This gripping documentary chronicles the tragic murder of 15-year-old Lawrence “Larry” King, who had just begun exploring his gender identity before his death in 2008.

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Justin Long (New Girl) guest-stars as a recent divorcé who woos Christy.

PREVIEW | Castle Worlds Collide – Writer Teases ‘Big Episode’ for Beckett

10 pm The Blacklist (NBC) | Arrow’s Chin Han guest-stars as a high-ranking Chinese spy, who Red claims has hired him to help decode a classified CIA transmission. Meanwhile, Liz continues to be way too trusting of all the men in her life. (But did you hear the good news?)

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Ellen is busy, busy, busy — boldly gaining intel on Duncan’s family while also having to convince President Kincaid not to drop her as his surgeon.

10 pm Dream School (Sundance Channel) | Series premiere: Food Revolution’s Jamie Oliver and rapper 50 Cent produce this six-part series, which gives 15 troubled students the chance to overcome their failures alongside mentors like CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien and musician Swizz Beatz.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. Andre says:

HoD, BatB and 2 Broke Girls <3

2. lucy says:

BONES!!!! It will be Pelants last ep EVER!!! Tune in and Rejoice fans!!!

3. Sara says:

Nothing for me, stopped watching Castle after I found the premiere episode boring. Good night to catch up on The Shield

• echox860 says:

Same as every Monday since 97 when I was 9, 25 now. WWE Raw. Will download Bones, Castle, Blacklist and HIMYM.

• Apples says:

You should check out this week’s Castle, it is a lot more like the classic NY screwball romcom episodes than the opening two were.

4. Elyse says:

Live: Bones
    DVR: Hart of Dixie and Blacklist :)

5. livvy says:

Hart of Dixie!!!

6. SK says:

Bones! I really do hope this is the end of Pelant! Can’t stand this uber villain that’s so untouchable, it’s impossible to believe.

7. TV God says:

Watch Bones!!!!!!!! Then 2 broke girls then mom.

8. Astrid says:

Castle!

9. Kat says:

Huh?
    I’m not from the US but I already watched Beauty & The Beast 2×01… don’t know how that’s possible… *lol* Anways… I’m definitely gonna watch BONES tomorrow :D

• Newo says:

I’m going to assume you’re in Canada, where we get the BATB episode a day earlier this season then they do in the US

10. greysfan says:

Bones – definitely watching this live
    The Blacklist
    Sleepy Hollow
    Castle
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Voice

11. logar says:

I really confused with my TV guide program, (TWC) it’s showing NFL (jets vs. falcons) in the 8pm slot on the CW for Monday. I hope this is a mistake and HOD & BATB are airing tonite.

• MDEP says:

Same here. My DVR has Hart of Dixie scheduled tor Saturday and Football (ugh) tonight. Boo. But, it has the new Vampire Diaries scheduled Sunday, so that’s cool :)

12. For most of us in the NY area BATB are is on the 12th-football tonight. Heard great things about Beauty and the Beast, sounds like a reboot in many ways. Excited to see it.

• Ina says:

I watched the premier of Beauty & the Beast. It’s totally different from last year. It’s awesome. You should all watch it!

• Autumn says:

I watched the premiere as well and it is definitely different in a good way. People should definitely tune in and give it a chance.

• Sparky says:

And I think Thurs nights CW shows are pre-emptied with football in NY also. Does anyone know when we will get to see them…Internet!!!

13. Apples says:

Castle, the sneak peek looked great, happy to be back at the 12th with Espo and Ryan.

14. Fernando says:

Finally Hart of Dixie is back. I think it can bounce back on Mondays to high 1 millions like it did in season 1 and at least .6 to . 8 demo.

15. Matt C. says:

Um, isn’t tonight’s episode of Bones the end of the Pelant saga?! How was this not included on the list? I’ll definitely be tuning in for that.

• Bridget says:

I thought the same thing! This is the end of a 2-season serial killer arc. How is this not included? I’m for sure watching that tonight.

16. ollie says:

Hart of dixie bye himym 2bg castle

17. TobyG. says:

Dixie, Sleepy Hollow and Blacklist: Mondays are my TV trifecta!

18. Lea says:

Love Castle Monday!!! =)

19. Brandy says:

2 Broke Girls,Hart of Dixie,Beauty & the Beast

20. Mr. Sunshine says:

I’m super excited about HOD. It’s just such a fun show to watch!

21. Tracey says:

I’m in Ontario, Canada and we were lucky enough to already get to see the new episode of Castle which was top notch and classic Castle!!!! Also, got to watch the season premiere of BATB as it also airs one day early here and I have to say the on-screen chemistry between Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk is HOT HOT HOT!!!! If you’re a fan of both shows you won’t be disappointed!!

22. Eric7740 says:

DWTS
    HIMYM
    The Blacklist
    Hostages

23. Kristen Daly says:

Bones, Beauty and the Beast and Castle, will DVR Sleepy Hollow, will DVR BATB too just to watch it over and over!

24. Joey says:

HIMYM, The Voice, and The Blacklist. watch Hart Of Dixie’s season premiere online tomorrow.

25. liz says:

Oh man, what a night of tv: Hart of Dixie, Blacklist, 2 Broke Girls, Mom, Sleepy Hollow, and Hostages.
    Thankgoodness Castle and Beauty and the Beast air on Sundays here in Canada!

26. Maryann says:

LIVE:
    Beauty and the Beast
    Blacklist
    ONLINE:
    Sleepy Hollow
    Dancing With the Stars

• Maryann says:

Wow! Forgot about Castle! Will also likely catch up on that and on Hostages later! (I’m traveling and can’t watch much tv — have not started the season on these two yet.)

27. Stu says:

Live: HIMYM, The Blacklist
    Online: Sleepy Hollow, We Are Men

28. wrstlgirl says:

Sleepy Hollow, BATB, Hostages, The Blacklist

29. dude says:

Beauty and the Beast aired last night in Canada, didn’t realize it was ahead of the US airdate.

30. Mary says:

himym,, bones, dwts and Castle!

31. Tran 2.0 says:

The Blacklist. Happy to hear the news about the series getting a full season pick up by NBC.

32. Jared says:

Tonight is all about HoD and BATB for me. Can’t wait till the premieres!

33. Daisy Day says:

The Blacklist, Bones, Castle, DWTS, Hostages, Beauty and the Beast, Sleepy Hollow. All on DVR schedule.

34. MP says:

For people in the NYC Metro area, Cablevision is not airing Hart of Dixie or BATB. Football is on instead! Like there isn’t enough football for people to watch all weekend and during the week on other stations?? Ugh.

I’ve been looking forward to the premiere of Hart of Dixie since its finale in May; it’s my favorite show. Very disappointed in Cablevision. Both shows will air on Saturday night. The Vampire Diaries is also affected this week. That episode will air on Sunday night.

• angelcake says:

Not only Cablevision. I think anyone that’s in the NY Metro area and gets CW on WPIX 11 is stuck with football. I’ve got Fios and have the same thing.

I agree! There’s enough football. Bring on the nuttiest(in the best way possible) town since Stars Hollow.

Who do we complain to? Can’t they just watch on ESPN or some other sports channel?

• MP says:

I considered calling Cablevision to complain today, but didn’t get around to it. They also don’t have Twitter or Facebook, which is probably smart on their part because cable companies are not very well liked, in general. That’s interesting about Fios being affected, too. Thanks for letting me know. Did you look at Fios’ Thursday schedule to see if Vampire Diaries was affected? I really hope this is a one and done type of thing and the rest of the season won’t be interrupted by football again. I agree with you about the ESPN thing. It’s unfair to pre-empt the CW schedule like that, especially during premiere week.

35. bobbie says:

Bones, Bones, Bones! Blacklist, Castle, Sleepy Hollow

36. madbengalsfan85 says:

Bones (#killpelant)

37. tara17 says:

Already saw Castle – airs on Sunday in Canada – great episode, loved the ending. Mondays are all about HIMYM, will also catch 2 Broke Girls, Mom and Bones.

38. Kissan says:

8:00-HOD, DWTS

9:00-Sleepy Hollow, Mom

10:00-The Blacklist

Gonna have to watch 2BG and the second hour of DWTS on my DVR.

39. opus says:

I notice We Are Men is on your shortlist of programs to watch but not in the main article. Since I consider this one of the worst new shows of the season, despite Tony Shalhoub’s presence, I’m wondering how it made the short list.

40. cjinsd says:

Live: Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Castle
    DVR: Hart of Dixie
    OnDemand/Hulu: DWTS, The Voice

41. HAP says:

Absolutely nothing against Canada, but I do not understand why US made shows, playing on US networks, get to air first in Canada. In the case of Castle, I realize that both Fillion and Katic are Canadian. Seems like a lame reason.

42. WWE Raw…. Dvr HIMYM and Sleepy Hollow

43. Maryann says:

Beauty and the Beast
    Sleepy Hollow
    Blacklist

44. Hey there I am so happy I found your web site,
    I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Diigg for
    something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say mwny thanks for a remarkable poet and
    a all round thrilloing blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent
    job.