What to Watch Monday: Hart of Dixie and Beast Return, Soap Star Goes Broke, Blacklist and More

hart-of-dixie-s3-premiereOn TV this Monday: Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast return to the CW, soaps siren Nadia Bjorlin gets catty on 2 Broke Girls and The Blacklist cracks the code. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

VIDEO | Bones Baddie Pelant Pays [Spoiler] a Startling Visit

8 pm Hart of Dixie (CW) | Season 3 premiere: After spending the summer in New York City, Zoe is ready to make her move more permanent. Meanwhile, Dexter’s Josh Cooke begins a recurring run as another New Yorker who relocates to Bluebell. (Get scoop from Bluebell’s Golden Boy.)

8 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | Sibling rivalry alert: Two-time champion Julianne Hough will guest-judge the remaining dancers, including big bro Derek.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!

9 pm Sleepy Hollow (Fox) | While on the hunt for her estranged sister, Abbie and Ichabod discover more about the evil they are facing — including its name. (Psst, did you hear about Season 2?)

9 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Days of Our Lives’ Nadia Bjorlin guest-stars as a model looking for her lost cat –and Max and Caroline know juuuust where it is. (We Are Men, by the bye, has a dog-centric storyline at 8pm. Is it me, or is CBS a bit animal-friendly tonight?)

9 pm Beauty and the Beast (CW) | (New time slot!) Season 2 premiere: Months after Vincent was taken, Catherine is reunited with him… but not in the way she planned. (Read our in-depth preview.)

9 pm Valentine Road (HBO) | This gripping documentary chronicles the tragic murder of 15-year-old Lawrence “Larry” King, who had just begun exploring his gender identity before his death in 2008.

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Justin Long (New Girl) guest-stars as a recent divorcé who woos Christy.

PREVIEW | Castle Worlds Collide – Writer Teases ‘Big Episode’ for Beckett

10 pm The Blacklist (NBC) | Arrow’s Chin Han guest-stars as a high-ranking Chinese spy, who Red claims has hired him to help decode a classified CIA transmission. Meanwhile, Liz continues to be way too trusting of all the men in her life. (But did you hear the good news?)

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Ellen is busy, busy, busy — boldly gaining intel on Duncan’s family while also having to convince President Kincaid not to drop her as his surgeon.

10 pm Dream School (Sundance Channel) | Series premiere: Food Revolution’s Jamie Oliver and rapper 50 Cent produce this six-part series, which gives 15 troubled students the chance to overcome their failures alongside mentors like CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien and musician Swizz Beatz.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (62)

• HoD, BatB and 2 Broke Girls <3

Comment by Andre – October 7, 2013 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hostages for me.
      Love that Ellen looked into Duncan’s life as well.

Comment by Leo – October 7, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s my lineup too.

Comment by Brandy – October 7, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES!!!! It will be Pelants last ep EVER!!! Tune in and Rejoice fans!!!

Comment by lucy – October 7, 2013 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only show on my radar tonight is Bones. The end of Pelant. Finally!

Comment by Bridget – October 7, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for me, stopped watching Castle after I found the premiere episode boring. Good night to catch up on The Shield

Comment by Sara – October 7, 2013 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same as every Monday since 97 when I was 9, 25 now. WWE Raw. Will download Bones, Castle, Blacklist and HIMYM.

Comment by echox860 – October 7, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should check out this week’s Castle, it is a lot more like the classic NY screwball romcom episodes than the opening two were.

Comment by Apples – October 7, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Bones
    DVR: Hart of Dixie and Blacklist :)

Comment by Elyse – October 7, 2013 04:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fan of Bones and Blacklist, but not Castle? You should check it out!

Comment by Christina – October 7, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie!!!

Comment by livvy – October 7, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones! I really do hope this is the end of Pelant! Can’t stand this uber villain that’s so untouchable, it’s impossible to believe.

Comment by SK – October 7, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Bones!!!!!!!! Then 2 broke girls then mom.

Comment by TV God – October 7, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle!

Comment by Astrid – October 7, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh?
    I’m not from the US but I already watched Beauty & The Beast 2×01… don’t know how that’s possible… *lol* Anways… I’m definitely gonna watch BONES tomorrow :D

Comment by Kat – October 7, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m going to assume you’re in Canada, where we get the BATB episode a day earlier this season then they do in the US

Comment by Newo – October 7, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones – definitely watching this live
    The Blacklist
    Sleepy Hollow
    Castle
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Voice

Comment by greysfan – October 7, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really confused with my TV guide program, (TWC) it’s showing NFL (jets vs. falcons) in the 8pm slot on the CW for Monday. I hope this is a mistake and HOD & BATB are airing tonite.

Comment by logar – October 7, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. My DVR has Hart of Dixie scheduled tor Saturday and Football (ugh) tonight. Boo. But, it has the new Vampire Diaries scheduled Sunday, so that’s cool :)

Comment by MDEP – October 7, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For most of us in the NY area BATB are is on the 12th-football tonight. Heard great things about Beauty and the Beast, sounds like a reboot in many ways. Excited to see it.

Comment by Dickens (@DickensHall) – October 7, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched the premier of Beauty & the Beast. It’s totally different from last year. It’s awesome. You should all watch it!

Comment by Ina – October 7, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched the premiere as well and it is definitely different in a good way. People should definitely tune in and give it a chance.

Comment by Autumn – October 7, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I think Thurs nights CW shows are pre-emptied with football in NY also. Does anyone know when we will get to see them…Internet!!!

Comment by Sparky – October 7, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle Always

Comment by Donna Gail Park (@DparkGail) – October 7, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle?

Comment by John – October 7, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE!!!

Comment by CC – October 7, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, the sneak peek looked great, happy to be back at the 12th with Espo and Ryan.

Comment by Apples – October 7, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally Hart of Dixie is back. I think it can bounce back on Mondays to high 1 millions like it did in season 1 and at least .6 to . 8 demo.

Comment by Fernando – October 7, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, isn’t tonight’s episode of Bones the end of the Pelant saga?! How was this not included on the list? I’ll definitely be tuning in for that.

Comment by Matt C. – October 7, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing! This is the end of a 2-season serial killer arc. How is this not included? I’m for sure watching that tonight.

Comment by Bridget – October 7, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of dixie bye himym 2bg castle

Comment by ollie – October 7, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dixie, Sleepy Hollow and Blacklist: Mondays are my TV trifecta!

Comment by TobyG. – October 7, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Castle Monday!!! =)

Comment by Lea – October 7, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls,Hart of Dixie,Beauty & the Beast

Comment by Brandy – October 7, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m super excited about HOD. It’s just such a fun show to watch!

Comment by Mr. Sunshine – October 7, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in Ontario, Canada and we were lucky enough to already get to see the new episode of Castle which was top notch and classic Castle!!!! Also, got to watch the season premiere of BATB as it also airs one day early here and I have to say the on-screen chemistry between Jay Ryan and Kristin Kreuk is HOT HOT HOT!!!! If you’re a fan of both shows you won’t be disappointed!!

Comment by Tracey – October 7, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS
    HIMYM
    The Blacklist
    Hostages

Comment by Eric7740 – October 7, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, Beauty and the Beast and Castle, will DVR Sleepy Hollow, will DVR BATB too just to watch it over and over!

Comment by Kristen Daly – October 7, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, The Voice, and The Blacklist. watch Hart Of Dixie’s season premiere online tomorrow.

Comment by Joey – October 7, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh man, what a night of tv: Hart of Dixie, Blacklist, 2 Broke Girls, Mom, Sleepy Hollow, and Hostages.
    Thankgoodness Castle and Beauty and the Beast air on Sundays here in Canada!

Comment by liz – October 7, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIVE:
    Beauty and the Beast
    Blacklist
    ONLINE:
    Sleepy Hollow
    Dancing With the Stars

Comment by Maryann – October 7, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! Forgot about Castle! Will also likely catch up on that and on Hostages later! (I’m traveling and can’t watch much tv — have not started the season on these two yet.)

Comment by Maryann – October 7, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: HIMYM, The Blacklist
    Online: Sleepy Hollow, We Are Men

Comment by Stu – October 7, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sleepy Hollow, BATB, Hostages, The Blacklist

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 7, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast aired last night in Canada, didn’t realize it was ahead of the US airdate.

Comment by dude – October 7, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • himym,, bones, dwts and Castle!

Comment by Mary – October 7, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blacklist. Happy to hear the news about the series getting a full season pick up by NBC.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 7, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight is all about HoD and BATB for me. Can’t wait till the premieres!

Comment by Jared – October 7, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blacklist, Bones, Castle, DWTS, Hostages, Beauty and the Beast, Sleepy Hollow. All on DVR schedule.

Comment by Daisy Day – October 7, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For people in the NYC Metro area, Cablevision is not airing Hart of Dixie or BATB. Football is on instead! Like there isn’t enough football for people to watch all weekend and during the week on other stations?? Ugh.

I’ve been looking forward to the premiere of Hart of Dixie since its finale in May; it’s my favorite show. Very disappointed in Cablevision. Both shows will air on Saturday night. The Vampire Diaries is also affected this week. That episode will air on Sunday night.

Comment by MP – October 7, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not only Cablevision. I think anyone that’s in the NY Metro area and gets CW on WPIX 11 is stuck with football. I’ve got Fios and have the same thing.

I agree! There’s enough football. Bring on the nuttiest(in the best way possible) town since Stars Hollow.

Who do we complain to? Can’t they just watch on ESPN or some other sports channel?

Comment by angelcake – October 7, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I considered calling Cablevision to complain today, but didn’t get around to it. They also don’t have Twitter or Facebook, which is probably smart on their part because cable companies are not very well liked, in general. That’s interesting about Fios being affected, too. Thanks for letting me know. Did you look at Fios’ Thursday schedule to see if Vampire Diaries was affected? I really hope this is a one and done type of thing and the rest of the season won’t be interrupted by football again. I agree with you about the ESPN thing. It’s unfair to pre-empt the CW schedule like that, especially during premiere week.

Comment by MP – October 7, 2013 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, Bones, Bones! Blacklist, Castle, Sleepy Hollow

Comment by bobbie – October 7, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones (#killpelant)

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 7, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already saw Castle – airs on Sunday in Canada – great episode, loved the ending. Mondays are all about HIMYM, will also catch 2 Broke Girls, Mom and Bones.

Comment by tara17 – October 7, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8:00-HOD, DWTS

9:00-Sleepy Hollow, Mom

10:00-The Blacklist

Gonna have to watch 2BG and the second hour of DWTS on my DVR.

Comment by Kissan – October 7, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I notice We Are Men is on your shortlist of programs to watch but not in the main article. Since I consider this one of the worst new shows of the season, despite Tony Shalhoub’s presence, I’m wondering how it made the short list.

Comment by opus – October 7, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Castle
    DVR: Hart of Dixie
    OnDemand/Hulu: DWTS, The Voice

Comment by cjinsd – October 7, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely nothing against Canada, but I do not understand why US made shows, playing on US networks, get to air first in Canada. In the case of Castle, I realize that both Fillion and Katic are Canadian. Seems like a lame reason.

Comment by HAP – October 7, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WWE Raw…. Dvr HIMYM and Sleepy Hollow

Comment by Jose TV Reviews – October 7, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast
    Sleepy Hollow
    Blacklist

Comment by Maryann – October 7, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey there I am so happy I found your web site,
    I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Diigg for
    something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say mwny thanks for a remarkable poet and
    a all round thrilloing blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent
    job.

Comment by high pr back links – October 28, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post