Dancing With the Stars Week 4 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

Corbin Bleu DWTSAn emotional farewell and a mix of ballroom styles highlighted Week 4 of Dancing With the Stars, but the real buzz-factor centered around beloved ex-pro and two-time Mirrorball champ Julianne Hough (filling in for Len Goodman) taking the hot seat as Season 17 guest judge..

Let’s high-kick right to the highlights:

DANCE OF THE NIGHT: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Valentin Chmerkovskiy dazzled with their Argentine Tango, while Amber Riley & Derek Hough’s tango was electrifying, too. That said, the most memorable dance of the night had to be…

Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff: It’s Week 4, and the shirts started hitting the ballroom floor! Following Brant Daugherty’s pec-enriched performance, Corbin also shed his shirt mid-dance, but he lit up the ballroom (not to mention the judges) with a “smoldering” performance (according to Carrie Ann) that left Bruno (“The pure essence of Paso Doble…an incredibly powerful performance”) and Julianne (“You’re so…ahhhh!”) drooling onto their paddles. A trio of 9s sealed the deal. Let the shirtless games begin!

RUNNERS-UP: Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke… Anyone else raise their eyebrows and perk up their ears when the usual fluff-filled rehearsal clip quickly devolved into a total, highly-entertaining gripe-fest? Cheryl blamed her inner beast (“I’ve been carrying you for the last six weeks… I’m tired and I’m f-%&$& PMS-ing!”) on that time of the month, while Jack practically accused her of wanting to committ ballroom adultery (“Do you want me to get on the judges tables and dance around like Corbin?”). The bickering couple earned a respectable 24 for their energetic Quick Step, but I give them a trio of 10s for bitchery!

And now for the moment of truth, tonight’s results:

FINAL THREE COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi & Sasha Farber
Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus

FINAL TWO COUPLES LEFT “IN JEOPARDY”
Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus

ELIMINATED
Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus

“It has been absolutely wonderful, completely unique — like nothing else in the world,” said a vibrant, gracious Valerie, before adding “it was an opportunity to me to carry a massage…that whatever challenge…keep on keeping on!” And in perhaps the best departure statement ever, Val said: “It’s really a great thing to get out and dance!

And with that, it’s your turn. Which couple should have really gone home tonight? How did you like Julianne as a guest judge? And did you miss Len? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (28)

• Len wasn’t there?

Comment by Jefrey Roseff – October 7, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Strictly Come Dancing (the original UK version of DWTS) is filming now as well. Len & Bruno are also judges on that show. A few season ago they started giving Len a week off here and there when he has dual filming schedules for health reasons .

Comment by Meg – October 7, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was Valerie carrying a massage?

Comment by Wayne Tunks – October 7, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she was thought to be terminal but she miraculously recovered.

Comment by Cynthia – October 8, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Valerie Harper has brain cancer. As someone who has spent the last 18 + years working in Oncology and seeing patients fight brain cancer, you are never cured. Cancer can go into remission, but that is not a cure. Valerie has terminal brain cancer, that doesn’t mean she is going to die immediately etc. She should be praised for not letting her disease rule her life and being an inspiration to all who battle this disease. As for your comment Cynthia, I hope you don’t work in healthcare, because your comment was really insensitive and rude.

Comment by JDS – October 8, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Sigh* I’m not surprised, really, but still, shame to see them go. Valerie’s positive attitude was wonderful, and I feel bad for Tristan! Hopefully next season can work out better for him in terms of staying on longer. Ah, well.
    Do have to agree with the dance highlights of this week as well.

Comment by Angela – October 7, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else notice that almost every time the camera panned to Leah Remini during audience shots she had a really bored/disgusted look on her face? I loved Amber & Derek’s dance, that girl can really work it.

Comment by Jessica – October 7, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I noticed this too. She looked really peeved when Julianne was giving good reviews for Derek and Amber’s tango (which was really fantastic especially considering Amber’s knee injury). I don’t get why Leah’s mad though, it’s not like she didn’t do well too.

Comment by Heather – October 7, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I get the feeling that she just isn’t really enjoying it. How that’s possible with Tony as her partner, I don’t know. He just seems so positive!

Comment by Buffy0531 – October 8, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe she was tired of the plants too.

Comment by Lily L – October 8, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup – I noticed it too. And I also thought she was putting off bored/ disgusted DURING her dance routine. I didn’t at all get whatever Carrie Ann said about her facial expressions being intense and seductive. Hummm.

Comment by annehedonia13 – October 8, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely the right dancing pair were eliminated

Comment by TheFactsR – October 7, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how Tristan said something about how forming a bond sometimes is more important than winning. The admiration and respect they have for each other was very touching.

I’m not a usual viewer of the show but I’m having so much fun watching Bill Engvall. Again, he and Emma have a wonderful partnership.

Comment by Deena – October 7, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldnt see the show because it was pre-empted but Im sick of DWTS plants that are worse than anything a singing show has brought us. You cant have PROFESSIONAL dancers competing against true amateurs. Corbin Bleu is a PRO DANCER. He was in 3 Disney musicals where he performed multiple dance numbers AND he did a Broadway musical. Same with AMBER on GLEE> She dances to choreographed numbers on that show. Saw a rerun yesterday in syndication and she was dancing constantly. Berkley is a dancer too. Its just not right or what the show is about to put people like that against someone like Snooki (who maybe dances for fun) or Valerie Harper or the BIll Nyes of the world (or the former Wendy Williams, Kate Gosselins, Nancy Grace). The show is supposed to be about a journey but each year we get plants who are professoinal dancers. Its not a real competition. And the new voting format sucks. I know they had to do something when the show went 1x a week but combining this weeks judges votes with last weeks audience votes doesnt seem fair. Youre not judging on the same routine

Comment by David – October 7, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree! I prefer watching the “fish out of water” learn to let loose and improve than the experienced dancers that are just learning a new routine.

Comment by Denise – October 8, 2013 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It is more exciting to me to see people improve and work their way into the top. I’m personally tired of not only the “plants”, but the same people getting the “plants”. I remember when Lance Bass was on. He had two left feet. But Lacey brought him to top 3. I’d love for Tristan to get a good partner too. And Juliana Hough being a judge…kind of a conflict of interest no matter what she professed.

Comment by Lily L – October 8, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been a dancer for a good portion of my life, specializing in hip hop and later contemporary. However, the few times I’ve attempted to do true latin and ballroom dances, it was like I’d never had any dance experience in my life. It’s extremely difficult to get a hang on, there are a lot of specific beats and intricate movements that takes years to learn. Yes, previous training helps you pick up choreography a bit faster, as well as the terminology, but it does little else when you don’t know the actual style. Sometimes it actually makes it harder for you to pick up how the style is supposed to be because you’re so set in the ways of your other styles. There are a lot of different nuances to all of the different styles. Amber’s not a professional dancer – she’s stated that when it came to having to make a financial choice between choosing singing or dancing lessons as a kid, she chose singing. Glee helped her learn choreography and access her natural rhythm, yes, but none of these people are actually “professional dancers”. The only ones that are are the actual professional dancers. When you look at Elizabeth, you can tell her training isn’t helping her. Because she’s long limbed, her dance style is better suited as ballet/pointe dancer. There are a lot of disadvantages for the so called “plants” that you consider “professional” dancers. Throwing the term professional around for people that have had dance lessons in between their actual careers instead of actually being a full out professional dancers like Derek Hough is a gross exaggeration.

Comment by Ley – October 8, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Respectfully disagree with you. As in totally and completely disagree. I was a dancer and a dance teacher, ballet and contemporary, and that kind of dance training makes picking up any other type of dance style including ballroom much easier than for someone who has had no training. I’m not going to get into a the technical details of having a strong core, knowing how to find your center, extensions and such, but when a person is familiar with how to control their body and movements learning a new discipline is much easier than if you have none of those skills.

Comment by Lee – October 9, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Corbin & Amber competing against those with no prior dance training is unfair which makes the whole “voting” process a joke!

Comment by Dave – October 8, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amber and Derek did a awsome tango dance they should have gotten all 10s across the judges. Im supporting them all the way. TEAM ROUOHGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Tia thomas – October 8, 2013 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I fell asleep but I will truly miss Valerie and the joy she had about just dancing. She wasn’t taking it too serious but was enjoying herself and trying hard. I thought I’d get into this season more but if I miss it, it’s no big deal. I read the recap and I’m good. I’m glad Bill Engvall is doing pretty good. Brant should have left his shirt on. He’s not that built…Corbin looked way better without the shirt. Julianne would be a great replacement for Bruno. He’s just beyond ridiculous now.

Comment by GS – October 8, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brant is beautiful with or without his shirt on. Corbin is no attractive at all, he looks dirty. Just my opinion.

Comment by Beth Ann – October 8, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Saved By the Bell fan from long ago, I was expecting Elizabeth Berkeley’s “I’m so excited” (in the taped piece) to be followed with “I’m so … scared!”

Comment by NJMark – October 8, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So glad I’m not the only one that had that thought!

Comment by Jennifer – October 8, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!! Haha!!! :^D

Comment by phredd! – October 8, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s nice to see this season in DWTS that in the last three eliminations, the three weakest dancers went home. That’s not always the case.

Comment by dude – October 8, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who just can’t connect with any of this season’s “stars”?

Comment by Ginger Snap – October 8, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused about last week was Christina really the bottom 2 because I thought they have been doing the not necessarily bottom– I only say it because she was bothered by being at the bottom

Comment by Jake – October 8, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post