ABC Cancels Lucky 7 After Only 2 Episodes, Scandal Encores to Fill Tuesday Void

Lucky 7 Cancelled ABCABC’s Lucky 7 has earned the unlucky distinction of being the first cancellation of the 2013-2014 TV season.

Effective immediately, the network is pulling the lottery-themed drama off the air. Scandal encores will take over its Tuesday-at-10 pm timeslot beginning next week.

PHOTOS | Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Images on 45 Returning Favorites

In its second outing this week, the show lost 50 percent of its paltry opening-week audience, sinking to a (what are the odds?!) .7 demo rating.

According to sources, production on the series will be shut down as early as next week.

Thoughts? Did you win your office pool? Were you one of the few people watching (and enjoying) the show?

1. soapie0 says:

Well, I lost! I thought “We Are Men” would be the first cancellation of fall. Tony Shaloub is fantastic – I can’t believe he signed onto such a sinking ship as “Men…”

2. It’s got to tell you something when the trailer doesn’t even pull you in.

3. Looks like I was wrong. I was pegging the Rebel Wilson show to get cancelled first. I gave it 2 weeks. I didn’t think about guessing for Lucky 7. I might have won.

4. frellmedead7 says:

Hilarious that this got cancelled after two episodes, considering how ABC put a fake news story about lottery winners on 20/20 just to advertise for this show.

5. roy says:

i actually thought agents of shield would get cancelled first….

6. Nero the TVFiddler says:

Each year when the first new show of the fall season gets canceled, I always think, “of course, why didn’t I think of that.” But I missed again – in our office pool, I had originally picked FOX’s Friday comedy, ‘Enlisted’, but when that got pushed back to winter, I picked NBC’s ‘Welcome to the Family.’
    Oh well, next time. This time, we all pitched in here at the office and put money towards a dinner for two, so a free dinner for my colleague ‘Code Boy’ here in the office. A happy man, he was dancing in the isle way all Friday afternoon at the news of [un]Lucky 7.
    I guess the next question that we’ll ask – what will ABC place (long term) into this Tuesday 10 pm slot? I like the idea of moving Wonderland into the 9pm slot. I’ll add to that – move Revenge into the 10pm slot, and have a Tuesday lineup of SHIELD, Wonderland and Revenge. ABC needs to shake things up – the Sunday night lineup looks tired already.
    ABC has hour long dramas on the shelf – Resurrection (slotted for 10pm Sunday, I believe?) to replace Betrayal, Killer Women and Mind Games. Maybe roll the dice on Killer Women at 9pm Sunday (?) In any case, I’d move Revenge to Tuesday, and put new life into that Sunday lineup – maybe help re-charge Revenge as well.

7. Britta Unfiltered says:

I think that Maggie Lawson show is next to go, though I have no idea what its ratings have been like. I watched the first two episodes, and I didn’t think it was very good. Just my opinion.

8. Tina says:

Very Disappointed this show was cancelled. I watched SHIELD, The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife and at 9 when it was time for Lucky 7….nothing. I was very upset.

9. Molly says:

My husband and I really liked the show, “Lucky 7″. It was just beginning to get into the story l

10. DENISE says:

I LOVED LUCKY 7!!!! BRING IT BACK!!! YOU CAN’T LEAVE FANS HANGING LIKE THAT!!!

11. Jennifer says:

Sadly, all of the shows I become interested in get cancelled. I’m tired of being subjected to endless hours of the same shows! Much like NBCs Deception, I’m disappointed to see Lucky 7 taken off the air. I’ve been looking for it to come on for two weeks now.

12. strawberry says:

I really was looking forward to seeing something with REAL PEOPLE with real struggles. I am so tired of the reality shows, dance shows, and the singing shows. I was so looking forward to this show going far, but ABC didn’t give it a chance.

13. Shirley says:

Looked forward to seeing Lucky 7 and was waiting for the 3rd episode. I thought it was different, unlike the many reality shows which I just hate. Wish there were more good shows on TV where the writing, story line, plots, and cast members are all interesting. There should be some shows for the over 50 crowd on the regular networks. I always have to go to cable to look for something worth watching. Glad to see Arsenio back on:-)