Fox Renews Sleepy Hollow For Second Season

Sleepy Hollow Season 2Now Sleepy Hollow‘s Ichabod has to get some new clothes — after all, he’s going to be around for at least another year.

In the fall’s first renewal, Fox on Thursday picked up its new supernatural hit for a 13-episode second season.

RELATEDSleepy Hollow Books Fringe‘s John Noble for Power(s)ful Recurring Role

The drama’s premiere episode grabbed a total audience of 10.1 million and scored a 3.5 rating in the demo, making it Fox’s best fall debut since 2006′s Standoff. (Wait, 2006 was seven years ago… and Abbie and Ichabod are on a seven-year quest to take down the Headless Horseman and other agents of darkness… Did anyone else just get the chills?)

The renewal means Fox will forego a back nine for Sleepy Hollow and stick to its original, cable-like, 13-episode-per-season plan.

Are you psyched to spend another season in the Hollow? Sound off in the comments!

1. JC says:

Ha ha wow. I’m so glad I don’t have a career in TV predictions. :) I was sure based on the trailer that this would be the first drama cancellation of the season, and instead it’s the first renewal. Congrats to those who voted for it though.

• Lisa London says:

When I watched all the new trailers over the summer, I was so sure I would dislike this show even though I’m a big sci-fi, Fringe, X-Files and co fan and I used to live in the next town (bring on the Tappan Zee Bridge jokes). I was happily surprised! The show is entertaining, the leads have good chemistry and it does keep you on your toes. Looking forward to more now!

2. Pati says:

that was fast, I love the show!!!

3. Ryan says:

Shorter seasons doesn’t mean there aren’t any filler story lines. Look at homeland and I hear Dexter had some.

4. sladewilson says:

Well I’m happy. Grade A show – cast, writing, the whole deal. Plus I like the 13 episode arcs – tighter, do what you gotta do and gives another show a shot. Plus more Abby and Ichabod can’t be a bad thing at all. Good deal, FOX.

5. Babygate says:

Good news. So far, it’s better than The Following. The two leads have great chemistry and the writing is solid. The question is whether or not they can keep the momentum. Hopefully.

6. Badpenny says:

The show had 2 options: up it to a full 22 episodes or renew it for another 13. In the long run the renewal is a cheaper choice, as they can always cancel before the season 2 13 episodes are all filmed next year if something goes haywire.

7. JeffDJ says:

Great news! This is by far my fave new show of the season.

8. bobbi says:

great news. love that John Nobel will be in some scenes. Speaking of African American female leads, there is also Kerry Washington on Scandal.

9. Cate Amos says:

Now I can rest easy knowing that Fox won’t be giving the axe to I show I really look forward to seeing each week. Here’s hoping it lasts a long time.

10. Very happy news and not at all shocking…although with only a 13 episode order the decision isn’t as early as most would assume.

11. Meh says:

Totally agree about updating his clothes. They are becoming a bit of a distraction as I was thinking Monday…are they like not paying him? Please give him modern clothes. Well excited for the 2nd season.

12. Sean C. says:

It’s interesting to see a broadcast network trying a more cable-like show length. I wouldn’t have automatically placed “Sleepy Hollow” as the sort of show that would be a major proving ground for that approach, since so far it’s been more in the manner of a fantasy procedural so far, but perhaps that will change as we get more into the setting.

So far it’s got strong main characters and good visuals; the plotting could use a bit more oomph, but there’s room to work on that. “The X-Files” and (especially) “Fringe” took a while to figure everything out.

13. This show is awesome. Icabod is very easy on the eyes and love his accent. My friend’s sister the producer and I am happy for her. I was told I HAD to watch it, but I am glad I did because I am truly hooked on it. Good writing. BTW it is filmed in So Carolina.

14. greysfan says:

I knew it would be the first show to be picked up. It pleasantly surprised me and i’m loving it. Its great Monday night viewing. There are so many good new shows this season so far. The Blacklist, Shield, Sleepy Hollow, The Crazy Ones, The MJ Fox Show plus there is still a lot more i think to come in the coming days and weeks like Once in Wonderland, Sean Saves the World, The Originals (tonight), The Tomorrow People and Dracula and these are just the fall shows. Intelligence and The 100 looks great too for Midseason. Beats last seasons floptactular.

15. Miss Priss says:

I’m loving the Ren-Fair get up and especially the hair, wig and all. Icky is a Action Byron complete with poet shirt and sword skilz.

Don’t change his clothes, just have him stumble across a certain puffy shirt warehouse in Queens. Ask for Constanza.

16. JaKe says:

I’m really enjoying this show especially the chemistry and banter between the two lead characters. Glad to see it’s going to be around for awhile.

17. Leah says:

Great news! I was hoping this show would get picked up for a full season, so it being renewed for a second season (even though the seasons will only be 13 episodes) is wonderful. I know people are complaining that it means we’ll have to wait longer for new episodes, but I think it’s better for a show to go a full season without too many weird hiatuses. This show is creepy and weird in a really fun way, and the leads are fantastic. I have been wondering about Ichabod’s clothing though…wouldn’t it be a little…musty after being buried for so long? Surely the characters could find some historical costumes or something for him to wear instead.

18. lori jones says:

I was born & raised in sleepy hollow & I could barely watch 2 episodes. And Im not by myself alot of people that live there don’t like it. First of all why they could’nt shoot some scenes in our beautiful village , how can they use our name but not any of our real scenery. We are known for our headless horseman I think I’ve only seen him once. Whats up with that !!!!!!

• Huskygrl says:

Clearly you have not actually been watching the show we are discussing. (It’s on Fox on Monday nights) because the horseman has featured quite prominently in each episode. Not to mention every lead in, preview, etc. and if they did film it in your town, you and all your peeps would just complain because they disrupted life and blocked traffic too much. Maybe you can just be grateful that it is sure to increase the tourist interest in your burg.

• Lisa London says:

Lori, I hear what you’re saying but I think Huskygrl has a point. Shooting a TV show on location is extremely disruptive to said-location. Also, shows are really shot where they are set – Toronto stands in for New York all the time for instance (see Suits) and it still works.

19. Babybop says:

Wow, okay. Hope it stays good and doesn’t get too cocky…

20. Lorraine says:

Disappointed that after a few meager episodes, it’s been replaced by The World Series! urghghgh. Frustration. Hopefully they can bring it back sooner than Fall 2014

21. Tbex22 says:

I love the show Sleepy Hollow and I’m glad that they are renewing it for a second season of awesomeness.

22. Bekah says:

Does anyone think that Ichy and Abie will actually end up going out? cause they seem to really care about each other.

23. Tom says:

I love this show, it’s much better than some of the stupid reality shows that are on

24. Samuel says:

Wow, can’t believe that they started today with the beheading of the Masonic Order, S.H. Has managed to keep my attention surprisingly. If they keep the suspense going this way the second season will be sure to be a hit. But I do have one question, if the horseman head is off, how did he learn to use automatic weapons? It’s a good show nonetheless and I like the story plot, but the cop that likes Abby is really starting to annoy me.

25. Benjamin Lau says:

Thank you FOX8 for another 13 episode season of a fantastic, and enchanting show. I love the show so much that I truly hope it makes it past just a second season, I seriously can’t get enough Sleepy Hollow. Thanks again, keep up the great work. Everything about this show appeals to me!

26. Theresa says:

I think it’s great that they are renewing SH but I also think its shoddy that they are only doing a 13 episode season. It’s more of 2/3 of a season. This isn’t cable, it’s prime time and shows typically run from Sept./October to May/June on prime channels. A nice marketing ploy to keep public interest up and not have to strain the finances of NBC, but pretty cruddy for dedicated viewers. So from February until next Sept viewers should what….watch reruns repeatedly? There aren’t any new shows to take its place and its tough to jump into another series now that its 2/3 of the way done. Oh, and since their contract was renewed under the same episode numbers I guess we should do it again next year. I’m thinking this might be a show that is better on the dvr than in real time so I can watch a show that actually commits a WHOLE season to their viewers and doesn’t leave them in the lurch mid way. BAD DECISION making on their part. Love the show but I hate the games they play for ratings.

27. Nadege says:

I love this show! So glad it’s renewed for another season.

28. Kristy says:

Sleepy Hollow returns!!!!! I am so excited! This is one of my favorites! I a so tired of execs canceling good shows! I love that fox has decided to go with the 13 week format too. It seems like other networks are going mini series Mad! Why invest in a mini series? If I wanted to do that I would go to the theater:)

Thanks for the update! I am excited to see what happens next:)

29. DJ Jones says:

Let’s be real for a moment. Show business is BUSINESS. If they can make a quality show for 13 episodes and ratings DON’T drop too far for the reruns, the producers double or triple their ad revenue….

30. Lois says:

I think SH is a great show. It was especially fun to watch because it was filmed in my hometown. It was so strange to see our Old court house and city hall, which they used for their police department etc. Gastonia, N.C. about 20 miles from Charlotte. The other scenes are from New Port, N.C. and Wilmington. I think it has great plot, and I’ve never seen Icabod Crane look so good. Not sure if I spelled that right.

31. devil says:

Again only 13 episodes…? sucks

32. moni g says:

Fringe was my all time favorite now sleepy hollow is my new favorite. Cant waiit…..

33. Randy Warren says:

I thought the premise of the show “Intelligence” was interesting.With shows like “Castle” on ABC and “The Blacklist” on NBC,CBS should have moved the program to either a different time or day.

34. glenda wilkin says:

I love the show and hope to see it in 2014 season

35. Linda Hawkins says:

yea my friends and family are very happy about this. we love the show