Glee Video: Get a First Look at Next Week's Emotional Farewell to Finn Hudson

Get More: First Look, Video

On Thursday, Fox released the first footage from next week’s Glee tribute to Finn Hudson, and it’s easy to see why executive producer described shooting the episode as incredibly difficult.”

RELATED | Glee’s Finn Tribute: Set List Revealed

The promo, which aired immediately after this week’s prom-themed installment, shows McKinley High (past and present) coming together to mourn their fallen friend.

“What you will see in the episode is what really happened,” Murphy shared with reporters early Thursday. “Almost everything in that episode is from the first take of every performance… because the actors and the crew had a really hard time shooting it. Everyone went into it with a lot of love.”

Press PLAY below to watch the preview for “The Quarterback.”

Comments (54)

• this content is currently unavailable

Comment by Bob – October 3, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s OK. All you missed was a TV show exploiting a young mans death.

Comment by Eurisko – October 4, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s going to be a fitting tribute to one of the most important characters on the show. Hardly exploitative at all.

Comment by Paul – October 4, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • well you haven’t seen it Paul. Do you work for FOX?

Comment by Eurisko – October 5, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Do YOU work for Fox, Eurisko? Have YOU seen it?

He was the MAIN male lead on the show. They HAVE to address his death.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – October 9, 2013 08:57 AM PDT
  • I refuse to watch this episode. I’m too young to drown in my own tears.

Comment by 80s – October 3, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep, crying already…it’s going to be hard to watch…

Comment by angelblue1772 – October 3, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t planning on watching, but I know I couldn’t even try now- the promo almost made me tear up. The whole thing is so sad!

Comment by Melanie – October 3, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The promo made me cry I don’t know how I am going to get through this episode

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If that 30 second promo is any indication, next weeks episode is going to require at least 50 boxes of Kleenex. Holy moly.

Comment by Ann – October 3, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know I saw Kurt and Rach and just started to cry……I can not imagine how I am going to do the hour show -

Comment by Kimberly J – October 4, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fox or the Glee producers probably approached a variety of tissue manufacturers with the opportunity to do commericals for this very special hour…I can see their pitch now “it’s the perfect tie-in people will actually need your product DURING the show!!. “

Comment by huh – October 4, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That promo made me cry already. You could hear Lea Michele’s voice trembling while singing.

Comment by Beth – October 3, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zach and Brooke (signatures on the card on the locker)….obviously a reference to Zach Woodlee and Brooke Lipton, the Glee choreographers.

Comment by Kat – October 3, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Lea Michele singing those couple lines of that song with her voice all sad and heartbroken made me burst into tears. This episode is going to be so rough.

Comment by Shannon – October 3, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I felt the same way several of you felt about the promo. Hearing Rachel singing that song sent chills down my spine and I had to fight back tears. I truly hope Corey is finally at peace and surrounded by love.

Comment by Tori – October 3, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have not watched Glee since the end of season 2 (but have kept up in recaps.) I stopped watching because that feeling Glee gave me–and all the residual feelings from the plot lines that came along with it–was gone.
      I have chills after watching that trailer. To me personally, that is a testament to the memorial they are giving Cory.

Comment by Lily – October 4, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh goodness, it is going to be a rough episode. I don’t have cable, and I honestly don’t think I will be able to watch this around other people…so I will have to figure something out…

Comment by ZisforZombie – October 3, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh wow. I was never a fan of Finn and Rachel… but this nearly brought me to tears. I can’t imagine how hard this must have been for the cast, especially for Lea. Hearing her voice during that song was just heartbreaking. I’ll be sure and buy some Kleenex boxes for next week. :(

Comment by Alex H. – October 3, 2013 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so, quinn fabray, finn’s ex and a vital part of his life, is absent; while these insignifact new cast members get to say goodbye to him? sheesh. ryan murphy’s stratospheric ego and his refusal to invite dianna agron back to bid finn farewell has made this ep irrelevant to me. as a fan, i’ve already said good bye to my fave glee character in my own way.

Comment by dog is my hero – October 3, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not the new kids fault that Quinn wasn’t invited back. Marley was close to Finn so why shouldn’t she get a chance to say goodbye? He was a mentor for the new kids.

Comment by annn – October 3, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What is it with the Quinn fans? They are always seriously intense and I don’t get it for a character who was never really good.

Comment by Molly – October 3, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah, more vitriol. People full of hate need to learn how to let it go.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – October 4, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ryan already said he wrote in only the characters on contract obviously Dianna and Heather are no longer on contract.

Comment by Alice – October 4, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Wipes eyes* Wow.
    Yeah, I’m gonna be a goner next week, no question.

Comment by Angela – October 3, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is going to be a tough one already have chills

Comment by kate – October 3, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt in his jacket just killed me. I am crying already, next week is going to be rough for us gleeks.

Comment by Angel – October 3, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even support this show anymore and this promo made me tear up. He was so young… It’s such a shame.

Comment by Babybop – October 3, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow. i cant stop crying. dont want this to happen! :(

Comment by j – October 3, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the song and lea is amazing on just this bit. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like to hear her sing the rest of it. The lines ‘I’ve known it from the moment that we met, No doubt in my mind where you belong’ sums up the type of relationship they planned for the characters. It’ll be hard to listen to hear the song on my shuffle stream and not remember the images from the promo.

Comment by amelia rose – October 3, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welp, I’m sobbing.

Comment by Sara – October 3, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No wonder Ryan talked of Lea being very involved with the episode, would have felt even more exploitive without knowing that. Do feel like I’m intruding on her grief hearing those few lines.

Comment by Jay – October 3, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea’s voice… Beautiful promo.

Comment by Omar – October 3, 2013 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont even watch the show but this the most saddest promo. i am just tearing up just by watching this.

Comment by Elena – October 3, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The promo has made me cry. I dont know how i can face next week. Probably 3 boxes of kleenex will help me past this. ;-(

Comment by Marley – October 4, 2013 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Marley – October 4, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I can watch next week episode. I’ve never liked Rachel as a character on the show, but to know that Lea has lost the love of her life breaks my heart. They’re not acting, those are real emotions. I won’t be able to handle it.

Comment by Neicey – October 4, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow how powerful will next week’s episode be!! I get teary eyed just thinking of this promo. Finn’s mother is scheduled to make an appearance in this episode. I am going to lose it when she and Burt are on the screen. Romy is such a good actress and i know she is going to be bringing her A game in this episode. Hopefully Corey is finding peace in the afterlife, something he probably rarely got in his earthly life. RIP “Finn”…you will be remembered.

Comment by Evie LePelley – October 4, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this happening??? seems fame does have its price; a reluctancy to ask for help for fear of being found out,shame at not living up to fans expectations etc etc .. how many more will this happen to before they realise they ARE only human & seek help instead of toughing it out?? too many have passed alone.

Comment by Anne – October 4, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cried like a baby watching this last night on youtube… I know I didn’t meet Cory in real life and I get that Finn is a fictional character. But he was so good on making me (and I’m guessing lots of other fans) feel like I’ve known him all my life that the idea of his absence actually hurts.

Comment by Tinemi – October 4, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt smelling Finn’s jacket and Rachel into Willian arms, i can’t handle that.
    Plus i learned yesterday that the notes on Finn’s locker were written by the crew and cast of Glee, the one from Zach and Brooke finished to break me.

Comment by Marlislash Gabs – October 4, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got a bit emotional watching the promo video. It’s gonna be an emotional episode. I’ll miss Cory and his character Finn on the show.

Comment by Joey – October 4, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode is airing on my birthday. My have to wait a day to watch this so my birthday isn’t sad. RIP Cory.

Comment by Kerri – October 4, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in the promo, there is a message from Zack Brooke,.. could be coreographers Zack Woodley and Brooke Lipton. Also I cry when I see Lea and Finn’s Picture instead of the former old lady glee director. This will be the most emotional episode of Glee history

Comment by Fernanda – October 4, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when i heard about cory’s death i felt sad but i didnt know him so it wasnt a big deal to me. but i’ve know the character finn for 5 years s o i just know this episode is gonna be an emotional mess for me.

Comment by sari – October 4, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible loss of a man in his prime who was ruled by his addictions. If he knew how much pain and sorrow his drug use caused to his family, friends and the millions of young people who looked up to him as a role model, would he have tried a little harder to get clean? I guess that answer we will never know.

Comment by Mel – October 4, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be so impossible to watch; I have two unopened boxes of tissues just in case. When Glee premiered in fall 2009, I was a sophomore in high school, the same age as Kurt, Rachel, Finn, and most of the major characters. I was a junior when they were. I was a senior when they were. I graduated and started college with them. I wasn’t a very social person, and these “kids” became like my friends. To lose one now…it’s just not the right time. RIP Cory

Comment by LeahKittyS – October 4, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hearing Rachel sing that in the promo gave me cold chills. I can’t even imagine how hard it was for them to film such a heart breaking episode. Im glad there giving that character a proper send off.

Comment by jackie – October 4, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox doesn’t care about Glee! They renewed it through season 6, and are just making more episodes because they have to. Mark my words: THERE WILL NOT BE A 7TH SEASON.

Comment by Zach – October 4, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meh. I used to love this show, and Finn was my favorite character. I just have a hard time celebrating an actor who flushed his life in the toilet with drugs and alcohol. To me, the only appropriate way to make the best of his death would be for Finn do die of the same cause as Cory died, so that people can more clearly see the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol.
    The show has really gone downhill, and it’s obvious that it won’t be around much longer. It used to be a fun and quirky show, and it just lost its way and became a total soap opera and very preachy.

Comment by Dave – October 6, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bravo Glee for not backing down off the truth. You could have made it all sugar sweet, but you are going to go the brave way. Drugs ruin youth, and affects everyone in their life. The classic definition of exploit is use. Use this true horrible story. It will save many youths from going down that unfortunate road. It’s not for ratings (they have that now), its for closure.

I love Cory, but I can be mad at him. What a waste! But addiction does not discriminate. Addiction is forever, even when clean. We never use drugs to get addicted, we all have something inside us that says, “this is great, but I’ll only do it sometimes”. I’m happy I never flirted with drugs. Truthfully I smoked a ton of weed, but nothing chemical. It made me lazy, and lonely. Bad, but not as bad as death.

This story needs to be told, and recently TV has upped their game in writing, and presentation. It’s not all frosted spoon fed crap. Friends die of addictions we never knew they had. It can kill you. This is what you will do to your friends if you OD, and die. Done tastefully, and frankly, this show will save lives. If you can take that away from a senseless death, that is something.

Comment by Mark Hayden – October 6, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode is going to be very hard to watch through tears.

Comment by Marilyn A. Bridges Henninger – October 9, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This going to a beautiful Tribute Cory it really sucks without him we really missed him we will always love him

Comment by Lizbeth Guiterrez – October 9, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea Michele singing my all time favourite song, in memory of her on-and-off-screen boyfriend? I’m terrified.

Comment by SG – October 9, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post