Glee Video: Get a First Look at Next Week's Emotional Farewell to Finn Hudson

On Thursday, Fox released the first footage from next week’s Glee tribute to Finn Hudson, and it’s easy to see why executive producer described shooting the episode as incredibly difficult.”

RELATED | Glee’s Finn Tribute: Set List Revealed

The promo, which aired immediately after this week’s prom-themed installment, shows McKinley High (past and present) coming together to mourn their fallen friend.

“What you will see in the episode is what really happened,” Murphy shared with reporters early Thursday. “Almost everything in that episode is from the first take of every performance… because the actors and the crew had a really hard time shooting it. Everyone went into it with a lot of love.”

Press PLAY below to watch the preview for “The Quarterback.”

1. Bob says:

this content is currently unavailable

2. 80s says:

I refuse to watch this episode. I’m too young to drown in my own tears.

3. Yep, crying already…it’s going to be hard to watch…

4. Melanie says:

I wasn’t planning on watching, but I know I couldn’t even try now- the promo almost made me tear up. The whole thing is so sad!

5. Lisa says:

The promo made me cry I don’t know how I am going to get through this episode

6. Ann says:

If that 30 second promo is any indication, next weeks episode is going to require at least 50 boxes of Kleenex. Holy moly.

• Kimberly J says:

I know I saw Kurt and Rach and just started to cry……I can not imagine how I am going to do the hour show -

• huh says:

Fox or the Glee producers probably approached a variety of tissue manufacturers with the opportunity to do commericals for this very special hour…I can see their pitch now “it’s the perfect tie-in people will actually need your product DURING the show!!. “

7. Beth says:

That promo made me cry already. You could hear Lea Michele’s voice trembling while singing.

8. Kat says:

Zach and Brooke (signatures on the card on the locker)….obviously a reference to Zach Woodlee and Brooke Lipton, the Glee choreographers.

9. Shannon says:

Just Lea Michele singing those couple lines of that song with her voice all sad and heartbroken made me burst into tears. This episode is going to be so rough.

10. Tori says:

I felt the same way several of you felt about the promo. Hearing Rachel singing that song sent chills down my spine and I had to fight back tears. I truly hope Corey is finally at peace and surrounded by love.

• Lily says:

I have not watched Glee since the end of season 2 (but have kept up in recaps.) I stopped watching because that feeling Glee gave me–and all the residual feelings from the plot lines that came along with it–was gone.
      I have chills after watching that trailer. To me personally, that is a testament to the memorial they are giving Cory.

11. ZisforZombie says:

Oh goodness, it is going to be a rough episode. I don’t have cable, and I honestly don’t think I will be able to watch this around other people…so I will have to figure something out…

12. Alex H. says:

Oh wow. I was never a fan of Finn and Rachel… but this nearly brought me to tears. I can’t imagine how hard this must have been for the cast, especially for Lea. Hearing her voice during that song was just heartbreaking. I’ll be sure and buy some Kleenex boxes for next week. :(

13. dog is my hero says:

so, quinn fabray, finn’s ex and a vital part of his life, is absent; while these insignifact new cast members get to say goodbye to him? sheesh. ryan murphy’s stratospheric ego and his refusal to invite dianna agron back to bid finn farewell has made this ep irrelevant to me. as a fan, i’ve already said good bye to my fave glee character in my own way.

• annn says:

It’s not the new kids fault that Quinn wasn’t invited back. Marley was close to Finn so why shouldn’t she get a chance to say goodbye? He was a mentor for the new kids.

• Molly says:

What is it with the Quinn fans? They are always seriously intense and I don’t get it for a character who was never really good.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

Ah, more vitriol. People full of hate need to learn how to let it go.

• Alice says:

Ryan already said he wrote in only the characters on contract obviously Dianna and Heather are no longer on contract.

14. Angela says:

*Wipes eyes* Wow.
    Yeah, I’m gonna be a goner next week, no question.

15. kate says:

this is going to be a tough one already have chills

16. Angel says:

Kurt in his jacket just killed me. I am crying already, next week is going to be rough for us gleeks.

17. Babybop says:

I don’t even support this show anymore and this promo made me tear up. He was so young… It’s such a shame.

18. j says:

wow. i cant stop crying. dont want this to happen! :(

19. amelia rose says:

I love the song and lea is amazing on just this bit. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like to hear her sing the rest of it. The lines ‘I’ve known it from the moment that we met, No doubt in my mind where you belong’ sums up the type of relationship they planned for the characters. It’ll be hard to listen to hear the song on my shuffle stream and not remember the images from the promo.

20. Sara says:

Welp, I’m sobbing.

21. Jay says:

No wonder Ryan talked of Lea being very involved with the episode, would have felt even more exploitive without knowing that. Do feel like I’m intruding on her grief hearing those few lines.

22. Omar says:

Lea’s voice… Beautiful promo.

23. Elena says:

i dont even watch the show but this the most saddest promo. i am just tearing up just by watching this.

24. Marley says:

The promo has made me cry. I dont know how i can face next week. Probably 3 boxes of kleenex will help me past this. ;-(

25. Marley says:

26. Neicey says:

I don’t think I can watch next week episode. I’ve never liked Rachel as a character on the show, but to know that Lea has lost the love of her life breaks my heart. They’re not acting, those are real emotions. I won’t be able to handle it.

27. Evie LePelley says:

wow how powerful will next week’s episode be!! I get teary eyed just thinking of this promo. Finn’s mother is scheduled to make an appearance in this episode. I am going to lose it when she and Burt are on the screen. Romy is such a good actress and i know she is going to be bringing her A game in this episode. Hopefully Corey is finding peace in the afterlife, something he probably rarely got in his earthly life. RIP “Finn”…you will be remembered.

28. Anne says:

Why is this happening??? seems fame does have its price; a reluctancy to ask for help for fear of being found out,shame at not living up to fans expectations etc etc .. how many more will this happen to before they realise they ARE only human & seek help instead of toughing it out?? too many have passed alone.

29. Tinemi says:

I cried like a baby watching this last night on youtube… I know I didn’t meet Cory in real life and I get that Finn is a fictional character. But he was so good on making me (and I’m guessing lots of other fans) feel like I’ve known him all my life that the idea of his absence actually hurts.

30. Kurt smelling Finn’s jacket and Rachel into Willian arms, i can’t handle that.
    Plus i learned yesterday that the notes on Finn’s locker were written by the crew and cast of Glee, the one from Zach and Brooke finished to break me.

31. Joey says:

Got a bit emotional watching the promo video. It’s gonna be an emotional episode. I’ll miss Cory and his character Finn on the show.

32. Kerri says:

This episode is airing on my birthday. My have to wait a day to watch this so my birthday isn’t sad. RIP Cory.

33. Fernanda says:

in the promo, there is a message from Zack Brooke,.. could be coreographers Zack Woodley and Brooke Lipton. Also I cry when I see Lea and Finn’s Picture instead of the former old lady glee director. This will be the most emotional episode of Glee history

34. sari says:

when i heard about cory’s death i felt sad but i didnt know him so it wasnt a big deal to me. but i’ve know the character finn for 5 years s o i just know this episode is gonna be an emotional mess for me.

35. Mel says:

Terrible loss of a man in his prime who was ruled by his addictions. If he knew how much pain and sorrow his drug use caused to his family, friends and the millions of young people who looked up to him as a role model, would he have tried a little harder to get clean? I guess that answer we will never know.

36. LeahKittyS says:

This is going to be so impossible to watch; I have two unopened boxes of tissues just in case. When Glee premiered in fall 2009, I was a sophomore in high school, the same age as Kurt, Rachel, Finn, and most of the major characters. I was a junior when they were. I was a senior when they were. I graduated and started college with them. I wasn’t a very social person, and these “kids” became like my friends. To lose one now…it’s just not the right time. RIP Cory

37. jackie says:

Hearing Rachel sing that in the promo gave me cold chills. I can’t even imagine how hard it was for them to film such a heart breaking episode. Im glad there giving that character a proper send off.

38. Zach says:

Fox doesn’t care about Glee! They renewed it through season 6, and are just making more episodes because they have to. Mark my words: THERE WILL NOT BE A 7TH SEASON.

39. Dave says:

Meh. I used to love this show, and Finn was my favorite character. I just have a hard time celebrating an actor who flushed his life in the toilet with drugs and alcohol. To me, the only appropriate way to make the best of his death would be for Finn do die of the same cause as Cory died, so that people can more clearly see the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol.
    The show has really gone downhill, and it’s obvious that it won’t be around much longer. It used to be a fun and quirky show, and it just lost its way and became a total soap opera and very preachy.

40. Mark Hayden says:

Bravo Glee for not backing down off the truth. You could have made it all sugar sweet, but you are going to go the brave way. Drugs ruin youth, and affects everyone in their life. The classic definition of exploit is use. Use this true horrible story. It will save many youths from going down that unfortunate road. It’s not for ratings (they have that now), its for closure.

I love Cory, but I can be mad at him. What a waste! But addiction does not discriminate. Addiction is forever, even when clean. We never use drugs to get addicted, we all have something inside us that says, “this is great, but I’ll only do it sometimes”. I’m happy I never flirted with drugs. Truthfully I smoked a ton of weed, but nothing chemical. It made me lazy, and lonely. Bad, but not as bad as death.

This story needs to be told, and recently TV has upped their game in writing, and presentation. It’s not all frosted spoon fed crap. Friends die of addictions we never knew they had. It can kill you. This is what you will do to your friends if you OD, and die. Done tastefully, and frankly, this show will save lives. If you can take that away from a senseless death, that is something.

41. This episode is going to be very hard to watch through tears.

42. Lizbeth Guiterrez says:

This going to a beautiful Tribute Cory it really sucks without him we really missed him we will always love him

43. SG says:

Lea Michele singing my all time favourite song, in memory of her on-and-off-screen boyfriend? I’m terrified.