Covert Affairs Renewed for Season 5

Covert Affairs Season 5I spy more Covert Affairs in USA Network’s future.

The cabler has renewed the globe-trotting drama for a 16-episode fifth season, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Covert Affairs Bosses Preview Annie;s ‘Darker Life,’ Surprising Allies and More

The show’s fourth season resumes on Oct. 17.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Affairs‘ pickup.

1. Moneca says:

Great news! I love Covert Affairs! I was also really excited to see that they were filming near my area the other day! Sadly, I didn’t see any familiar faces.

• NOmeth17 says:

For me, I’ve religiously watched covert affairs since it’s first season as a mid-break between burn notice and white collar. I was more impressed with season 3, looking forward to season 4.

2. Gwen says:

Good! More opportunities to see Eyal! We enjoy everyone in the cast, but especially Oded Fehr’s character. I just hope they don’t extend the Henry Wilcox character into the 5th season.

3. joterri says:

please keep Annie and Auggie as Friends not as a couple.. Boring!!!!!! She is sexier with Eyal!

4. John says:

Woo Hoo!

Good show. Can’t wait for it to start back up for the winter half. (just a couple of weeks?)

5. Quinn Mallory says:

Not a huge fan of the tonal change this past season, but it was still entertaining. Glad to hear there will be more beyond this season.

6. Michelle says:

Excellent news. Hopefully that means we’ll see more Eyal/Oded Fehr in season 5.

7. Amy says:

Very happy with news. And I agree with all those who call for more Eyal. I could never have too much Oded Fehr on my screen. ;)

8. Roger Canada says:

Bleh, I not even sure I want to see the end of season 4.

9. Dorothy Burns says:

any news on Haven? Thank you

10. Eliza says:

Yay. And I join others in saying… more Eyal/Oded Fehr!! He really is one of the best characters on the show. And I love any & all Annie/Eyal scenes!

11. Zoe says:

Yessss! This is great news!

12. Mel says:

Would much have preferred a Common Law renewal.

13. A says:

Yeye! But also make Eyal a series regular please!

14. Jon says:

Please, no more of Annie and Auggie as a couple. It was painful to watch. Show needs to lighten up a little, bring back Annie’s sister. More case of the week episodes rather than long story arcs.

• Kristina says:

Totally disagree with all of that.

• Mary Maloney says:

I like Auggie and Annie as a couple. And please, bring back Annie’s sister. It’s nice to bring family into Annie’s solitary life.

• Tookie Clothespin says:

Disagree with your assessment of Annie and Auggie as a couple. Could not agree more with the rest. I still enjoyed the episodes over the summer but Covert Affairs used to be the show that I raced home to watch. But, this season I found myself watching it after I had watched everything else on my DVR.

• Doug H says:

This season was even better… Love the high adventure… Have to see how I like the dark-haired Annie..

• Babygate says:

Totally agree. Their relationship is not fun to watch. And it constantly puts Annie in a situation where she has to choose. And agreed about the sister. I was disappointed when she got so little air time the first couple of seasons and then when they decided to write her out. And really agree that the serialized nature of the show this season is making it harder to follow and less enjoyable. They should go back to shorter arcs. When shows that are this plot-heavy get serialized it becomes more difficult to follow the thread and easier to switch the channel.

• HAP says:

Totally disagree. As the show progressed it got grittier and more compelling. It’s a much better show now than when it started. You want domestic relationships, then watch Parenthood.

15. Estee Thomas says:

I love this show but honestly it’s getting a tad tiresome this season…i’m kinda surprised it got picked up.

16. JM says:

I am so sick of the Henry Wilcox absurd storyline. Calder is annoying as well. As much as I like the locales and the spyjinks, the show is getting a bit tiresome for me.

• Babygate says:

Yes! Henry Wilcox has been around for way too long and that Calder character is the worst. From the first episode he was on I just wanted to stop watching. And now they’re probably going to turn him into a good guy which will change my opinion not one bit. I’m hoping he’s just around for this season. I used to watch live. Now I DVR and it may be days before I actually watch it,

• Marc says:

Henry Wilcox is like the Christopher Pelant ubiquitous caricature of a villain from Bones. Adding to that is the fact that these awful one-note baddies are always fifty steps ahead of the good guys, who NEVER win. This Henry Wilcox rigmarole should have been wrapped up in three episodes tops.

17. Sparky says:

Has Suits officially been renewed yet – Tvlines renewal page is saying it could go either way, which sounds crazy as it is the highest rated of their shows

18. Babygate says:

This is good but I’m surprised. The ratings are pretty low for such an expensive show. They probably want a last season to wrap things up.

• Doug H says:

They probably get huge overseas sales of the show… Because of the locations.. The actors are also not that costly..

19. dregari says:

Thrilled looking foward to her darker side

20. greysfan says:

Awesome news. I love Covert Affairs and more Annie Walker the better. In saying this i too am sick of this Henry Wilcox storyline. I really hope they put it to rest by the end of the season i really do because lets face it, he’s past his used by date on this show if you ask me.

21. john says:

I enjoy watching piper and the show is wriitten real well Ilove the show.

22. Ram510 says:

USA must not have any better choice than to renew this show. It’s sad because USA used to be on top

23. NotBri says:

This is good news. Covert Affairs is one of my favorite shows.

24. Tyler says:

Can’t wait for this show to return! Love all the new twists and turns! Keep up the awesome episodes!!!!

25. Yip says:

This show needs better writers. Annie – a trained super spy, leaving behind Teo Braga’s fingerprints on a missile launcher? Being forced off the road by another spy when having a bigger, better car and being an admitted superior driver herself. I drive better than that and I’m a really average driver.
    Also why choose a German actor to play a Danish inspector on location in Denmark? It makes no sense. If it was filmed in the US I could understand, but on location? But that would still be okay if it weren’t for all the plot holes. It seems as if the writers have found something that they think is great (Henry Wilcox), but to stretch it out as long as possible, they are willing to do bad writing and not the least care that Annie seems to be devolving into a dumb blonde.It was never a believable show, but it was somewhat entertaining with at times fresh ideas, but the how has also devolved into lazy writing.

26. Chris says:

I hate Henry Wilcox, Annie & Auggie but keep it together make a great couple to Eyal is a big brother to Annie, that come always bring his help

27. Darlene says:

Sick of this season’s stale and overdone storyline. Go back to the feel of the first two seasons or go off the air. Super Spy Annue is laughable and the writers are brain dead. Last show we watch off the dvr and very possibly a “no-show” in our home very soon.

28. barbara says:

i think the show good just hope they don’t drag on her rogue business too long want to see her back in dc with auggie. henry will probably be around as long as redjohn on mentalist and pelant on bones this does drag these shows down. its okay to have villians but get rid of them quickly. and i sure hope suits not canceled its a good show

• Svenska says:

UGH! What happened to the spy/action show? It has turned into a soap opera, particularly due to the insipid Auggie/Annie “romance”. Please get it right this year. And definitely more Eyal. He makes it so much better.

29. Mike Haines says:

Did you know that Henry Wilcox was responsible for the sinking of the Titanic and was one of the shooters of the President in 1963? If I have to keep tuning in every week to resume the chase of Henry Wilcox, I wont make it through the season. What dirvel. Just going place to place to capture poor Henry. I guess the writers really enjoy a vacation because they dont have to come up with something original, but how does Steven Kay put up with such mediocracy. the first series of episodes were great. At least you got Arthur and Joan doing
    something besides closeups – they actually fired a weapon and killed those Hit Men.

30. elizabeth lauer says:

This comment is marvelously funny and spot-on. (It is rumored, by the way, that Henry Wilcox, in his palmier days, was actually Jean Lafitte—that is, before he went from rogue to dastardly.) All the one-note villains in television series—since Wo Fat and before—who slog through episode after episode (is this lazy plotting/writing? works for me) are unremittingly tedious, -a, -um. The only substantial, even interesting one on the present-day horizon is Elementary’s Moriarty. I hope this character is used sparingly. Editorial note: there’s a typo—it should be “drivel”; and there’s an apostrophe in “won’t.”

31. Kristi'An says:

Please bring back Simon!! Annie and Simon make such a great couple

32. Maddalena says:

I watch the series only when there’s Eyal involved so please, make him regular in the 5th season! ODED FEHR in each episode!!!

33. Jerry Arntzen says:

I love this show. I have been watching it since it started and I have enjoyed the old and the new.

34. Kim says:

Totally agree with all the Eyal comments….make him a regular. He’s the main reason I watch the show, by far my favourite character!!!