Exclusive Bones Video: Relive Pelant's Reign of Terror Ahead of Monday's Explosive Climax

Get More: Exclusive, First Look, Video

The serial menace known as Pelant returns to Bones on Monday (8/7c, Fox) to continue his terror campaign against longtime muse Brennan, and we’ve got an exclusive first look at what could be the Big Bad’s swan song.

RELATED | Bones Bosses Preview New Season 9 Villain

While the following clip package primarily serves to remind the viewer of the hell and havoc Pelant has wrought over the past two years, things get very spoilery in the final 10 seconds.

Let’s just say Pelant pays Brennan a visit at work to drop off a little present.

PHOTO | Bones Wedding First Look: Here Comes the Bride!

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you think Pelant’s war on Booth and Brennan is about to come to and end? And, if so, does this have you worried that the worst is yet to come?

Tags: ,

Comments (76)

• Looks like it’s going to be an intense ride. I can’t wait to see it !!

Comment by 206episodesofBones – October 3, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa! That was intense!! So ready for Pelant to be gone. Looking forward to Monday night!

Comment by Dee – October 3, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so disappointed in the Pelant storyline on Bones. It’s so unrealistic and over the top. Why do good shows ruin themselves with story arcs that continue forever. They should just stick to what they do best. Solve a murder in one hour.

Comment by Reno Ferris – October 7, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t remember hating a villain as much as I do Pelant. It makes me wonder if this actor has typecast himself forever.

Comment by Jovi – October 3, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andrew Leeds is on Twitter and seems a like a lovely bloke. He replies to the Bones fans who tweet him too which is sweet.

Comment by 206episodesofBones – October 3, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sure he’s a splendid fellow, but will the Pelant image color people’s view of him in future roles? i hope not, but it’s happened to others in the past.

Comment by Jovi – October 3, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bones isn’t exactly some HIT show. Yes it’s popular, but a reccuring guest star isn’t going to get typecast from it.

Comment by Josh – October 3, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • really? its one of the most popular shows on TV, not sure where you’ve been. but pelant deserves what he gets he is the best villian of any TV show.

Comment by blah – October 3, 2013 12:58 PM PDT
          • You do realize it’s in reruns on cable and seen all over the world, right?

Comment by Jovi – October 3, 2013 01:44 PM PDT
    • I absolutely agree – - He has earned himself
      a worse end than the “gravedigger”!!!

Comment by denbev522yahoo.com – October 4, 2013 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but as much as I want this Pelant arc over, it turns into a stalker story? Seriously? So Pelant lubs her so much, he frames her for murder and yells ‘assault, arrest her’ when she slapped him. Come on now……..just freaking glad it over or soon wil be.

Comment by Ali – October 3, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad it will be over soon. I wonder who will be the one to finally kill him. I hope it’s Booth. Out of the recurring “baddies”, I enjoyed the Gravedigger episodes the most.

Comment by Betty – October 3, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoyed the Gormogon episodes. But everyone, seems to forget that the intense episodes is what keeps us tuning in!!!!! Love me some Bones :)

Comment by Kimberly Blanchett Christopher – October 5, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They lost me on this serial killer arc when they turned him into a super evil comic book villain. So glad this is the end of him.

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so tired of him already. This is the third season he has been a part of and he’s not even that interesting of a villain. I have no idea why they’re drawing this out for so long. If he’s not gone soon, I may have to stop watching Bones.

Comment by Chris – October 3, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could not agree more. I already avoid the episodes that feature Pelant. The whole thing has become completely ridiculous. He needs to go away NOW.

Comment by Jenks – October 3, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I told my husband that I’m done with any and all Pelant episodes. He’s just too cartoonish and unreal.

Comment by kandijay – October 3, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I’m hoping for is that after Pelant gets what’s coming to him, Hodges and Angela get their money back.

Comment by Steve F. – October 3, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you there. At least, some of the money back since I’m sure he used a lot of it for those surveillance cameras and such. Also, can’t wait for this Pelant story arc to be over. As most everyone said, he has become a super villain that seems to be untouchable. Just too cartoonish. I do hate Pelant.

Comment by SK – October 4, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So………….let me get this straight…..Pelant was in love with Brennan, and that’s why he took Hodgins money, and convinced amazingly some girl to go shoot Sweets, and rearrange a spine (remember how he wasintroduced as a serial killer?) into a code that he knew Hodgins could figure out, and frame Brennan with murder.
    OMG. What we have here, is a MAJOR failure of getting a serial killer into their “thing”. Who the h_ll story boards these long term arcs in that writers room????
    Seems pretty obvious now that because the fan base doesn’t care about this serial killer because he simply is mythical in his powers – they made up his reasons for all his butchering of human bodies and ………………umm , it’s because he loved Brennan.
    This HAS to go down in TV history as he biggest joke of a serial killer arc-
    it went no where, and finishes lamely compared to his mythical powers.

No offense to Andrew Leeds- if the character was written better in a true “Stalker” fashion, he would have been scary as hell. (and btw, his focus would have first been Booth)

Comment by Jasper777 – October 3, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually NO ONE knows what the motivate of Pelant is yet, you are just ranting and raving over FAN SPECULATION based on a few seconds clips…simmer down….get a coffee…go write fanfic…take an internet break…sounds like you are over invested in make believe…geesh.

Comment by anon – October 3, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Go write fanfic???????. hahahahahahaha
        How about the so called producers and writers of a television show earn thier pay and write a serial killer arc that doesn’t produce 95% negativity in comment sections by fans who care enough to ask that the insanity of the plot line end?

But thanks for the humor anyways.

Comment by Jasper777 – October 3, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Haha, could not agree more.

Comment by Marc – October 3, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you’re drawing conclusions about the show based on the amount of negativity in comments sections, and the best you can come up with is that people don’t like the Pelant story line, you’re probably not reading many of them. The comments are always weighted heavily in the hate direction, regardless of topic. Based solely on what gets posted here (and in a few similar places), people hated season five (the split after the 100th ep), season six (Hannah, then the pregnancy), season seven (mostly how Brennan treated Booth, but also, some spent the entire season complaining that B&B as a couple was boring) and season eight (Pelant). Looking just at the comments, no one actually likes anything about the show and it should have ended years ago. Fortunately for fans, there’s not much of a link between comments on blogs and the audience as a whole, at least based on ratings.

Comment by rynogeny – October 3, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You are probably right, but… I am a big fun, I watch Bones as an alkoholic drinks, as much as I can, and I HATE Pelant’s story. Even with Gormogon, or Epps or the serie as all, it was closer to reality. And Pelant spying with “alarm clock”? Come on… and Hodgins’ money went where- I belive all money from accounts go to hell but estates? No papers only digital copies? No paper bank statements? You go to the bank “My money disappear!, where is it or I sue the bank!” Recall the end. I simplify just to show it is so far from reality right now to annoy a lot of fans. And I think for Pelant there is bigger then usual amount of anger then “normal” rate of haters.

Comment by ankiris – October 4, 2013 06:19 AM PDT
          • I wasn’t making an argument for a lot of fans liking the Pelant arc, necessarily, only that opinions posted in comment sections are an unreliable indicator because they’re nearly always weighted toward negativity. As someone very active in a forum for the show, while I see complaints about Pelant, I still haven’t seen the level of what can only be called rage that erupted in season six. All of that aside, I do get why the Pelant doesn’t work for a lot of people. I’ve had some problems with it myself, but resolved them by choosing to see the story as outside their norm, i.e., more of a superhero/supervillain story. I’m not saying that works for everyone (it clearly doesn’t) but it allows me to enjoy it.

Comment by rynogeny – October 4, 2013 06:51 PM PDT
    • i know i’m replying to you but this is meant for every1 who thinks he’s in love with brennan…he’s not ln love with her…he’s playing a game because he;s a gamer. everythings a game for him. he messed equally with booth and brennan earlier coz he saw them as the 2 people who were worthy of playing his game. and in his head, he had these assumed rules that that meant he wouldnt hurt them and they wouldnt hurt him. he feels like he has a special connection with b&b, and he says this in the trailer above, ie. that the feels closer to them.. remember, pelant is psychotic which means he’s out of touch with reality.wat he sees as reality is that everythings a game, and the game has rules.booth breaks those rules by shooting him. pelants vision of the world, i.e his reality, is now crumbled. his whole reasoning behind his actions is hit cause booths action of shooting him doesnt fit in with it. so he creates an alternate reality of being obsessed with brennan. he basically cuts booth out of his reality, and builds a story around brennan. by cutting booth out of his story,he is retaining only his attachment to brennan. his new reality involves an obsession with brennan. he is NOT in love with her, jus obsessed with her… ders a big difference. he wants her, but not in a romantic way…he jus wants to have her, like posessing a thing. if it was booth in brennans place, he would hav wanted booth. not in a gay way…he jus wants to command the attention of the players of his game. and now brennan is the only player left in a way…also, if you remember, sweets tells booth that pelant may get upset by the engagement and thats just what happened. but it happened for 2 reasons. first, it drew attention away from his game. 2nd, it dint fit in with his new reality of ‘having’ brennan. d only reason he now wants to replace booth is coz booth is the biggest threat to him ‘having’ brennan… now that ive explained everything, that all being said, i tink, in the end, when his game is over, he does intend to kill brennan, which is why he chose the reality of being obsessed with her and wanting her to accept him as a replacement. he knows, at the back of his mind, that she wont accept him, which will justify him killing her. for him, thats the end of the game.

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oy vey! Just die already Pelant! Die!!! And please make sure that Hodgens gets his money back. He’s just about the most uninteresting villain on primetime TV, even when they made him this ubiquitous evil doer, worse still, he’s now obsessed with Brennan? Die already Pelant! Die!!

Comment by Marc – October 3, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please let the joke of a villain die so Bones and Booth can settle down. replace Hodges money..It has take 3 times with this and is still around. kill him off gives Boned the gun she will do it or Mac if not Booth.

Comment by Charlean Bradford – October 3, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Before Pelant is done could he please swing over to CBS and kill Amy Farrah Fowler? I’ll chip in if he wants $$.

Comment by Jovi – October 3, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahaha… i luv ur comment

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst serial killer ever. So now he’s just a crazy stalker instead of the political terrorist he started out as? As for the next big bad he sounds like just another Pelant. They need to stop trying to come up with foes that are “bigger” and “badder”. That was the issue with Pelant. His powers weren’t believable and he comes off as a comic book villain. Their most successful serial killer story was Howard Epps, who while formidable, was human and fallible. He didn’t have ridiculous power or knowledge over the team. They need to go back to that kind of big bad.

Comment by ravenclawwit (@ravenclawwit) – October 3, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Epps was scary and he really rattled our heroes not with superheroes, but by using intelligence and hitting them where it hurts..

Comment by Josh – October 3, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on this. The best villain in Bones history was Epps! The more they stretch this Pellant arc the worst it gets.

Comment by Pat – October 3, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it would come to an end. I am so tired of seeing Pelant. Move on and create another super villain. He needs to die in season 9. As much as I love Bones. I don’t know if I can go through another season of him. They had Taffeda, they killed her off. Now lets kill Pelant off.

Comment by Danielle – October 3, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they will be ending this arc. I really hate Pelant and it is very unnerving to watch the episodes with him.

Comment by Janice – October 3, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, as bad as Pelant is, I don’t think anything can be as bad as finding out that Zach was the apprentice of the carnivore. :(

Comment by Christina – October 3, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope he is gone……He is way to creepy.

Comment by Fred Field (@GrampaFredF) – October 3, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dumbest story line ever. Fail.

Comment by elle – October 3, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan needs to finish what Booth started… Its time for Palant to join the Gravedigger and Gormogon.

Comment by Alexis – October 3, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been skipping the Pelant episodes since last season. You don’t miss anything by skipping them.I usually pull out Episode 100 and watch it in Pelant’s place. Now THAT was a worthy Bones episode!

Comment by Georgia Madman – October 3, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am SO READY for him to be gone and this story to be OVER! The story with Pelant became overwhelming and to be honest the one story I started to dislike on Bones. They dragged this villain out TOO LONG! Be gone Pelant!!

Comment by Yeemama – October 3, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has been such a directionless story line, and Pelant is the most obnoxious Big Bad so far. They should have killed him off last season. I watched a couple of first season episodes the other day and it just made me depressed that the show has gone so far downhill in the later seasons, both in the writing and in Emily’s portrayal Brennan who has completely lost all her edge and adopted that annoying long vowel speaking cadence (which I am guessing is more a problem with direction than acting, trying too hard to play up the aspie tendencies which worked much better when it was subtle) which makes her a much less interesting character than she originally was. Oh to snap my fingers back to the glory of season 2.

Comment by Andie – October 3, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want to relive Bone’s worst villain…Seriously, such a MAJOR mistake on the writers’ part which has had a negative impact on the series, which I think and hope it could recover from.

Comment by Josh – October 3, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else ever notice that the name on the uniform of the soldier who came to talk to Booth about returning to Afghanistan said Pelant? This was a few seasons ago, can’t remember the episode…

Comment by Amanda – October 3, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • … the character wasn’t the Pelant character. It was just the name on the guys uniform…

Comment by Amanda – October 3, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes but maybe, just maybe he is some relative of Pelant and that’s where the revenge thing is coming from. But totally agree the Pelant storyline is rediculous. If Brennan (an FBI agent) wanted Pelant dead it would be done easily. He does have the training after all and has special ops people that could do it for him so he wouldn’t be implicted.

Comment by Diana – October 3, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You mean Booth.. He is the FBI agent… Brennan works at the Jeffersonian.

Comment by Michelle – October 4, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I did notice too. It was the finale of Season 5. It was the Army guy who asked Booth to come back to the service. They all used Brodsky’s name too. She was the Russian diamond dealer in the Bond in the Boot or the Boot in the Bond :)

Comment by Stella – October 4, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope this is the last show with him or mention of him. It got too out of hand and drawn out.
    time to get a new story or end the show, the writers are grasping now.

Comment by michael – October 3, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bones, but I DVR all the episodes just so that I can fast forward through all the scenes with Pelant. He should have died last year. Booth needs to have the pleasure of killing him, just make sure Jack gets his money back.

Comment by Lynn Cohen – October 3, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I get is is – this content is currently unavailable – grrrrrr

Comment by Victoria Adams – October 3, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • check it out on youtube… bones season 9 episode 4 trailer#447

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How do you know that this will be the end of pelant?? Monday night might shock us all and turn out that something bad happens to brennan and not pelant…kinda scares me…cause i love this show sooooo much…but, you never..you should atleast be prepared for the worse…this episode could go to separate ways

Comment by Renee Groom – October 3, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • comicon spoilers says that pelant will die this season and booth and bones will get married this season ;)

Comment by Kimberly Blanchett Christopher – October 5, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it dint say pelant would die, jus that the issue would be resolved so that b&b can get married

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Pelant is dead then Booth & Brennan can get married!

Comment by Wendy – October 3, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very much rooting for the demise of Pelant. It’s a good thing! Especially when it appears it will be at the hands of Brennan with a possible assist from Booth? B&B are a great team/couple/partnership/lovers!! Monday looks exciting!

Comment by Lois – October 3, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so sick of him! he has to killed!

Comment by diana – October 3, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be a very Intense episode and very good. Can’t wait to get rid of Pelant

Comment by Boneslover0513 – October 3, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know he did not just set at bomb!

Comment by DeDe – October 3, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not a bomb…but der is an explosion later in the episode, which pelant sets off, and it knocks brennan down, mayb even unconscious.. check out t.j. thyne’s interview for this episode on youtube… d scene is there

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • which episode was it that Hodge’s lost his money? I missed that one and would like to watch it. Thanks

Comment by Debbie – October 3, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am tired of Pelant, can’t they just get rid of him already. I hope Bones kicks his ass like she would have in the old days!

Comment by Mary – October 3, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Allot of you should just stop calling yourself fans and just stop watching the show!
    I agree Pelant should have been killed long ago, Max told Booth that Pelant needs killing… Booth should have blown his head off instead of half his face..
    But allot of you people are missing allot of good episodes cause you don’t want to watch Pelant, which means you missed Bones proposing to Booth with jerky!
    You guys are missing the fact that Bones is learning how to be more human and yet she’s still a genius…
    She is learning to think with her heart as well as her brain…
    Pelant needs to be killed in the worst way possible, Brennan had mentioned a few times she could commit the perfect murder and get away with it.. She needs to do that with Pelant!

Comment by Michelle – October 4, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn I can’t watch the video, won’t play in Australia :(

Comment by Madeleine – October 4, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • check it out on youtube.bones season 9 episode 4.trailer #447

Comment by lisa – October 5, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think I have disliked a character more than Pelant. First I think the three season they have been after him is far too long when the character is as visible as Pelant has been! I know the Gravedigger was longer but she wasn’t in our face. I know he is a bad guy but saying to Booth you made it personal was a stupid line, HE made it personal going after Bones, going after Hodgins and Angela, going after Booth! And I agree, the writers turned him too comic bookie, I mean, really, Booth’s super sniper shot should have been his end! I really can’t wait for him to die, hopefully on Monday!

Comment by Samantha – October 4, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How dare any of u say bones is stupid or it should have been cancelled years ago. A lot of people love this show and u are just trolling. Bones is the best show on earth and nothing is going to change my mind. Not even pelant. Capeesh

Comment by Anne smith – October 4, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think everyone agrees that the Pelant story line has been drawn out long enough and it is time for him to go. But where i dont agree is this, the intensity is what keeps us tuning in. They need to bring another bad guy in that is more believable. Not one who has “eyes” everywhere, but is none the less hard to catch, remember Taffit, Epps etc. Fans take the good with bad, if not….. change the channel!

Comment by Kimberly Blanchett Christopher – October 5, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This pelant storyline gone on too long as bad as redjohn on mentalist. He needs to die so he can’t come back

Comment by barbara – October 7, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched episode 4 where Pelant died. I would have felt much better if they’d
    have shown Booth or Brennan making sure he is dead. Half expected to see Pelant
    walking up behind Booth and Brennan as Booth proposed to her.

Comment by Di – October 8, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so tired of the Pelant plot too! I mean they have been dragging it out in like forever, and I really don’t find it either amusing or realistic. First Pelant controlles Booth, so the show can stay status quo, and now suddenly Bones doesn’t want Pekant dead, cause he’s soooo fascinating and a great asset in catching other killers. Never mind he just sadistically killed off the guy, who saved her boyfriend?!?
    One of the things I used to love about the show was the realism and dynamics, but I find myself preferring The Mentalist, Castle, Elementary AND Criminal MInds over Bones. Something that has never happened before!

Comment by Helle Benzon – October 9, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok here’s my comment. Why didn’t Hart and Stephen let Booth give Brennan an engagement ring. He bought one for Hanna and she refused the proposal and he’s always Loved Bones so where’s her ring??????? She deserves one. Also are they gonna exchange ring at the wedding? I hope so

Comment by Lindsay D. Peterson (@peterson1280) – October 10, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post