Exclusive

Exclusive: Good Wife's 100th Ep Pits Will vs. Alicia in a Nasty (and Personal) 'Courtroom Battle'

Invitation to an InquestThe Good Wife is taking Will and Alicia to hell in Episode 100 — and they may not come back.

The milestone hour, slated to air later this fall, will find Alicia (by then at the helm of Florrick Agos & Assoc.) going head-to-head with her ex-lover/onetime colleague in court — and it’s going to get ugly (possibly even uglier than this).

VIDEO | Good Wife First Look: Will Flips Out on Alicia

“There’s going to be a whole act where they use what they know about each other from their love affair in a courtroom battle,” reveals Good Wife cocreator Robert King. “They’re going to basically undercut each other every step of the way.”

King adds that the episode will include “some wonderful flashbacks” to Alicia and Will’s brief romance, “and then you’ll see how they use” those memories against each other in court.

RELATED | Good Wife Boss Tackles the Kalinda Question

So, what’s the case that triggers the War of the Roses-worthy brawl?

King isn’t saying, but here’s a whopper of a clue: This is the episode that marks the return of Fringe‘s John Noble as Alicia’s late client Matthew Ashbaugh.

1. Sarah says:

Can’t wait. So looking forward to this season and the new dynamic.

2. Tav says:

So glad even though Alicia ultimately left L/G to get away from the temptation of Will, the love triangle has still followed her. Even though a new firm offers fresh opportunities/plots, the triangle is forever. The triangle is Illuminati. All hail The Triangle.

3. Lauren says:

This is going to hurt. Please don’t leave Will and Alicia in a bad place and have Josh Charles leave. That would ruin the show for me.

• Karen says:

Totally agree! Their romance has been essential to the show, that’s what got us to like the show in the first place, why would they want to destroy it. Alicia and Will belong to each other.

4. Cat says:

Why can’t they get Will and Alicia together? Maybe Josh Charles would stay if he got to be the leading man? Alicia with Peter doesn’t even make sense!

• Lily says:

Well, Josh IS the leading man of the show, Peter is just a recurring character.

• Bob says:

It’s called t-e-n-s-i-o-n. You put the two of them together, BAM!, no more tension, no more good story lines. You guys are too romantic about it all. Stop trying to put everyone together in a happy, romantic relationship on all the TV shows. Life doesn’t work that way, why should TV?

5. Lori says:

I know! The showrunners are such idiots! Everyone wants Alicia with Will and they keep putting her with Peter which sucks!

• Natalie says:

I don’t want Will and Alicia…. in fact I’d prefer for Alicia to stay alone. She doesn’t deserve Will or Peter. And I don’t even like Will.

• Eric says:

I’d love to know who all these people are. Lol Honestly, this new arc they are doing is 100 times more interesting than a Will/Alicia relationship. So I actually think the writers are pretty smart. This season is awesome so far and it only looks like it’s going to get better. As for Alicia and relationships, I’d rather her just be alone… But it looks as though that’s not going to happen. I don’t mind Peter so much anymore, but I still would rather Alicia dump him for good and just be on her own for awhile.

6. Chris says:

Because…if Alicia and Will get together…there’s no drama–no show. If a forbidden or impossible romance is teased in the pilot of ANY show…you know it’s gonna carry through the majority of the run of the series. (ie Friends, Bones, X-Files) Once couples get together on shows, the couple gets boring. Why do you think they always get people together in shows like Grey’s Anatomy…to break them up.

• Nancy says:

Really? Because Meredith and Derek have been together on Greys for going on what? 5 years now? And they are not boring. And they have not broken up either. A couple does not have to be boring. And I recall hearing that the two main characters on bones are getting married as well as on Castle. Friends was different. It was in a different era. Fans are tired of the will they won’t they crap. It loses viewers

7. Sam says:

I’m not loving this twist. I want will and Alicia together.

8. Lily says:

I’m so glad the 100th episode will be centered around Will and Alicia and the new dynamic of their relationship. It’s gonna be great to see Will go against Alicia and not pining over her all the time. I think Will will get a good storyline this year, I think Josh will stay. People can say whatever they want but the success of the show is not only because of Alicia, but also mostly because of Will and also Kalinda.

9. lauren says:

I would be fine with Will and Alicia having conflict if I knew Josh Charles was sticking around. I’m just worried he’ll leave and we’ll have no proper Willicia being together. But really looking forward to this season, looks very dramatic!

10. Lucy says:

I had no doubt they were turning even that “potentially” exciting plot into a willicia fest. I give up.

11. nikki says:

Boo! Willicia sucks. I am so tired of this. This “triangle” will end up killing the show. It’s becoming a “Revenge”-like soap opera without the awesomeness of Nolan.

12. Pat says:

Booooring! Season 5 and the main thing is still Willicia. Can they find another way to give Josh Charles something to do? And can they explore that Cary and Alicia partnership since it’s Alicia AND Cary who are forming that new firm? It seems that plot just involves Diane, Will and Alicia, while Cary is just relegated to the usual background indeterminate role. We didn’t get one decent spoiler about him since last summer. Boooo.

13. allie g. says:

what you guys don’t understand is: the writers don’t have another way. they can’t end the triangle because there are so many people rooting for alicia and will get together, as people rooting for peter. if they actually do end the triangle and alicia is resolute to be with peter, what will the show be about? seriously, the original plot was about marriage and all the complications that a public infidelity causes in a woman that drop everything to be at home taking care of their children. we saw alicia evolving to the silly politician wife to the bad ass lawyer that she is now. in the midterm, will was her saver. she stabbed him in the back, she is a human being, of course she will feel guilty and sad. of course she have feelings for him. if you don’t like will, you at least have to admit that he is good for her. you can see this in his eyes! he put her in a pedestal. and suddenly she is doing the worst things: lying in his face, took big clients from the firm, staying in peter’s side (will knows that he stole the elections). there are so mixed feelings! you can’t just say: oh, come on, just drop the triangle and show more kalinda! i love kalinda, but she, from the begining of the show, was willica! sorry for that! :)

14. S. says:

Wow. I’m so looking forward to this. The clip with him throwing the papers off of her desk and the desk actually moving too was so memorable. I just hope that they can patch things up eventually.

15. Nancy says:

Will just wants to get in her pants. He is no good for her. Please. Give me a break. Peter didn’t do anything. He had NO knowledge of those votes. Nobody did except the guy who did it. The writers SAID the triangle was over but yet they keep shoving it in our faces. NOBODY likes WIll and Alicia. They are boring as dry toast. They are not even SHOWING her trying to work on her marriage. So I don’t know what the writers are even doing.

16. Bev Grasso says:

If Alicia continues with Will, they will have to change the title of the show from “The Good Wife” to “:the Good Slut”. Will needs a life from Alicia, he needs to move on. Find him a decent partner Cary and Kalinda are great and we don’t see enough of them. Alicia belongs with Peter or I will not contiue to watch. Will was there when Alicia was vulnerable, but that is not the case now and the threesome is beginning to get boooooring.

• nanrad says:

You can’t be serious? lol

• James Butler says:

I have to agree with Bev Grasso. Whatever Will did for Alicia at the beginning was for selfish reasons and the will/Alicia fans cannot see that will is a total manipulator, narcissistic and ruining Alicia’s attempt marriage. Don’t you think there is a reason she didn’t divorce Peter and vowed to renew her vows? Those of you who can’t see Peter is a better man for Alicia then will really hasn’t been seeing the story and just enjoy sordid behavior of a wife who cheats. It’s about time Alicia finds her backbone and fight for her self respect and regain her “Moral Integrity.”

• Nanrad says:

She still got a job right? And he never “punished” her for not returning his feelings or forced her to do anything she didn’t want to do. And how has he manipulated her? Or even attempted to ruin Alicia’s marriage? lol. Alicia and Peter aren’t even working on their marriage for Will to ruin it and I believe Peter ruined his own marriage. How is Peter the better man? And he cheated on Alicia with at least 18 hookers.

17. barbara says:

luv the good wife but why alicia with peter is not good choice think she can do alot better than will also. i think cary better than both of them. is it just me but i think diane has got more annoying than ever

18. Nice weblog right here! Also your site so much
    up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink on your host?
    I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

19. G_ashley23 says:

THE GOOD WIFE is the best show on television. WILL AND ALICIA are a major part of this. That scene when they talk about sex in 5×05… I died. Josh Charles cannot leave after this season, would be such a loss to the show. Whether people admit it or not, Julianna and Josh electric connection has maintained viewers from season 1. Scenes of passionate love or passionate hate, either make incredible television. I don’t understand people who think Will is a scumbag and that Alicia should be with Peter.

Will has shown clear love and proffessional respect for Alicia since day dot, and will feel betrayed on so many levels once he finds out she’s leaving. Chris Noth is a cool actor, and yes Peter has tried to be a better person and family man over the seasons which I respect, but he and Alicia have no spark. No real passionate connection that gets you excited. I don’t hate Peter at all, but so much of what has spurred Alicia’s actions over the past year is her realisation that she cannot get Will out of her head. And I guess she believes leaving the firm is the only possible way to get over him and give her marriage a chance, try uphold the “good wife” image.

I love seeing WIll and Alicia together in whatever capacity, and this season is so electrifying so far that I cannot wait to see what happens next. Bravo TGW.

20. Jake says:

Why is there all this talk of josh charles leaving? I hope not. This storyline is killing me because I’m not sue the damage can be repaired

21. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well
    written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

22. Carolyn says:

Did I miss something??? I don’t remember any articles about Josh Charles leaving the show? I would miss him somewhat, but I do think he’s become very manipulative and vicious since Alicia left Lockhart/Gardner. He could try to be supportive of her, and realize she’s only trying to better herself, and try to save her marriage. Even Will confirmed to Peter that he and Alicia had an affair, although I do think Peter knew that in Season 3 when he had to seal the grand jury transcript. He fired Wendy Scott Key when he realized she had put Alicia on the stand!