What to Watch Monday: We Are Men Debuts, Not- So-Sleepy Hollow, Hostages Heats Up and More

we-are-men-premiereOn TV this Monday: CBS’ other Men makes their first move, the Sandman enters Sleepy Hollow, Bones feels the burn and The Blacklist targets an assassin. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Bones (Fox) | The team investigates the murder of Jamie Delcampo, whose remains were found in a burnt-out car; Sweets takes a hiatus. (Watch an exclusive clip.)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Barney and Robin squeeze in some alone time before their relatives arrive for the wedding. (Get behind-the-scenes scoop from Ted’s “kids”.)

8 pm iHeartRadio Music Festival (CW) | Two-night special presentation: Performers include Katy Perry (of course), Elton John, Muse and special guest Robin Thicke. (I’m deeply sorry that “Blurred Lines” is now stuck in your head for the rest of the day.) Night Two of the festival will air on Tuesday at 8 pm.

8 pm Dancing With the Stars (ABC) | The 11 remaining couples take on Hollywood Night, a theme that I don’t entirely understand.

8:30 pm We Are Men (CBS) | Series premiere: After getting left at the altar, Carter (Mayne Street’s Christopher Nicholas Smith) moves into a short-term apartment complex, where three experienced Casanovas (Monk’s Tony Shalhoub, House’s Kal Penn and Crossing Jordan’s Jerry O’Connell) teach him the art of being a bachelor.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!

9 pm Sleepy Hollow (Fox) | When the dream-infiltrating Sandman sets his sights on Abbie, she is forced to face her past — and her institutionalized sister, Jenny (recurring guest star Lyndie Greenwood, Nikita).

9:30 pm Mom (CBS) | Bonnie and Christy put aside their differences to handle a family crisis.

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

10 pm Hostages (CBS) | Duncan informs Ellen that her little time-buying ploy will cost her a family member’s life; One Tree Hill’s Hilarie Burton starts a recurring run as Brian’s assistant (and maybe a little more than his assistant, ifyoucatchmydrift). Read preview.

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Beckett races against time to find a stolen toxin capable of killing tens of thousands of people — including Castle, who was exposed to the substance. (Get scoop from Stana Katic and Lisa Edelstein.)

10 pm The Blacklist (NBC) | Red and Liz get suspicious of an assassin called The Freelancer, and try to prevent his next victim (guest star Isabella Rossellini, Blue Velvet) from getting killed. (Get scoop.)

COMING NEXT MONDAY: The CW’s Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast return.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (33)

• THE BLACKLIST. Starting to feel like I’m getting hooked on this James Spader led series.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 30, 2013 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m already hooked on The Blacklist! ;) James Spader is incredible in it. It’s that and Sleepy Hollow for me tonight.

Comment by Ava – September 30, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, Bones and 2 Broke Girls are on my radar tonight.

Comment by Justin – September 30, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Blacklist and HIMYM for me..

Comment by JJ – September 30, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We Are Men debuted Sunday night in Canada, on Global. It has good potential, I believe. A bit typical I suppose, but a decent watch.. none-the-less.

Comment by Jason – September 30, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones

Comment by SK – September 30, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Himym, sleepy hollow and the blacklist. Might get into Mom if sleepy is too scary.

Comment by shuayb – September 30, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones and Castle

Comment by kim – September 30, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hooked on Sleepy Hollow! Its like Grimm but so much better lol. Looking forward to Abby’s sister becoming more involved in the plot.
    Also Blacklist, Hostages, 2 Broke Girls, Mom and Castle. Monday’s are crazy.

Comment by liz – September 30, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Himym 2bg castle

Comment by ollie – September 30, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sleepy, Castle The Black List DVR. Great Monday for tv! :P

Comment by tahina – September 30, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4 on the list for me tonight. Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Castle & Blacklist.

My money is on Spader being daddy.

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – September 30, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, some of The Voice and The Blacklist.

Comment by Joey – September 30, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones/HIMYM
    Sleepy Hollow
    The Blacklist/Castle

Comment by mandy – September 30, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle!!!

Comment by Lupe – September 30, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dancing With the Stars
    Sleepy Hollow
    The Blacklist

Comment by Maryann – September 30, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Sleepy Hollow. I really hope it doesn’t get too scary, though. I find American Horror Story completely unwatchable, and I just hope it does not drift too far in that direction.

Comment by Maryann – September 30, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • himym, dwts, castle for me.

Comment by Mary – September 30, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls, Mom, Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, Hostages, We Are Men

Comment by King – September 30, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, We Are Men (Because of Tony Shalhoub), 2 Broke Girls, Hostages, Castle, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist.

Comment by Andy – September 30, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 broke Girls

Comment by Brandy – September 30, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the pilot for We Are Men on demand and it was incredibly awful. I am amazed Tony Shalhoub agreed to part of this trashy show.

Comment by opus – September 30, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls is a total waste of time. It’s smutty, not funny. Blacklist, Bones, Hostages, Sleepy Hollow, HIMYM, Castle, all fine shows. I hope We Are Men is good; great cast.

Comment by David – September 30, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WE ARE MEN looks absolutely awful…

Comment by Mark-allen Thomas – September 30, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live: Bones
    DVR: DWTS & Castle

Comment by Sarah – September 30, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, Mom (which I surprisingly enjoyed), We Are Men (because I’m in love with Kal Penn…), Sleepy Hollow. I would watch The Blacklist, but I barely have time for the other TV shows I watch. If only college didn’t get in the way of my TV watching…

Comment by Babybop – September 30, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, DVR Sleepy Hollow as I watch MNF

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 30, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch: HIMYM, Dancing, Sleepy, Castle
    DVR: iheart, Hostages (I still haven’t seen the premiere so it will stay on the DVR until I make a decision either way), The Blacklist (Not a bad show a little weird a little predictable and I still love my Castle too much to watch this live)

I will say this I watched the We are Men premiere on demand It’s actually pretty good I will have to see where it goes.

Comment by Mika02 – September 30, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really enjoying Sleepy Hollow. I am surprised by how much I like it, Blacklist is good but I just hate James Spader. But he is perfect for this type of role (he killed the Office for me)! Anyone think that the agent and Red are NOT father and daughter?

Comment by KateDFW – September 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t, but that’s just because it seems too obvious. If the writers get lazy, who knows, they could make him her dad!
      I like Sleepy Hollow too!

Comment by Jay – October 1, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, Sleepy Hollow and Castle

Comment by Jose – September 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hostages, DVR’s Blacklist, Castle
    Mom.
    Any word on Hell on Wheels?

Comment by Mary Morris – September 30, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Busy night for me:
    HIMYM
    Mom
    DWTS
    The Blacklist
    Sleepy Hollow

And next week I get to squeeze Hart of Dixie into that line up.

Comment by G – September 30, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post