Weekend What to Watch: Breaking Bad Finale, Good Wife, Homeland and 13 (!) Other Premieres

saturday-night-live-season-premiereOn TV this weekend: Tina Fey ushers in Saturday Night Live‘s new season, Breaking Bad cooks its very last batch, and The Good Wife, Homeland, Once Upon a Time and 12 other shows premiere. All told, here are 21 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28

Noon — 6pm Homeland marathon (Showtime) | Revisit the first six episodes of Season 2 here, and the others on Sunday starting at noon.

8 pm The Cheating Pact (Lifetime) | Three high school students convince a shy classmate to take the college entrance test for them, only to become suspects in her murder shortly after the exam.

9 pm Hell On Wheels (AMC) | Riders attack Cheyenne, and General Grant’s deadline approaches.

9 pm The White Queen (Starz) | Paranoia and fear threaten Anne Neville’s family in a deadly way.

10 pm 48 Hours (CBS) | Season 27 premiere: The program reports on the 1980 “Sweetheart Murders.”

11:30 pm Saturday Night Live (NBC) | Season 39 premiere: Beloved alum Tina Fey hosts, Arcade Fire performs. Will we be lucky enough to see Tina behind the Weekend Update desk? (Watch her promo.)

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29Breaking Bad Series Finale

8 pm The Amazing Race (CBS) | Season 23 premiere: The teams are off and running (literally) to their first destination: Iquique, Chile. (Check out the cast.)

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | Season 3 premiere: Very vicious mermaids and Peter Pan threaten those traveling to Neverland to find Henry. (Note: The recap special Journey to Neverland airs at 7 pm.) (Read in-depth preview.)

8 pm The Simpsons (Fox) | Season 25 premiere: Lisa suspects Homer may have been “turned” when he returns from a nuclear plant operators convention. Saturday Night Live‘s Kristen Wiig guest-voices a Homeland-esque FBI agent. (Check out this circus-centric artwork for Fox’s Animation Domination slate.)

8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers (Fox) | Season 4 premiere: On a camping adventure, Bob, Linda and the kids face the perils of nature… and Bob’s intestines. (Shouldn’t have touched those strange berries, Bob!)

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!

9 pm Breaking Bad (AMC) | Series finale: “The story concludes.” Yes, that is really all we can give you. (Note: The finale runs 75 minutes, followed immediately afterward by an hour-long Talking Bad.

9 pm Homeland (Showtime) | Season 3 premiere: With Brody still at large, Saul plots Episode 302a (morally sketchy) counterstrike, Carrie gets grilled by a Senate committee and Jessica deals with the fallout.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Season 5 premiere: Alicia works to prevent the execution of a convicted murderer while also plotting her exit from the firm with Cary. (Get scoop.)

9 pm Revenge (ABC) | Season 3 premiere: The return of Victoria’s long-lost son (Smallville‘s Justin Hartley) complicates the Grayson family. (Watch the stars dish on set!)

9 pm Family Guy (Fox) | Season 12 premiere: Peter is convinced that a restaurant placemat is a treasure map, spurring a Quahog-wide scavenger hunt. Lea Thompson, Yvette Nicole Brown guest-voice.

9:30 pm American Dad (Fox) | Season 9 premiere: Steve and Snot turn to the CIA’s cloning machine to churn out two dates for the high school prom.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

10 pm Betrayal (ABC) | Series premiere: Married Sara (Hannah Ware) has an affair with an attorney (Stuart Townsend), only to learn her husband (Chris Johnson) will be facing off against him in a big murder case.

10 pm Masters of Sex (Showtime) | Series premiere: Dr. William Masters (Michael Sheen, Frost/Nixon) and his assistant Virginia Johnson (Lizzy Caplan) study human sexuality. (See an exclusive first look.)

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Season 6 premiere: Jane and Lisbon continue their secret mission of narrowing down the list of Red John suspects. (Get scoop and and more scoop.)

10 pm Eastbound & Down (HBO) | Season 4 premiere: Children’s Hospital‘s Ken Marino joins the comedy’s final season as Guy Young, a middle-aged athlete who loves to party.

10 pm Hello Ladies (HBO) | Series premiere: Web designer Stuart Pritchard (Stephen Merchant, Life’s Too Short) lands himself on the guest list to the opening night of a posh nightclub.

1. Moo Juice says:

Breaking Bad
    Talking Bad… maybe
    Homeland
    The Good Wife
    Revenge
    Bob’s Burgers
    Hello Ladies… maybe
    and SNL

• M3rc Nate says:

Talking Bad “Maybe”? You know it has like the whole cast while they are at that finale screening in the cemetery? I dont get how someone could skip that.

2. Sara says:

Yay! This TV addict is happy again:
    Breaking Bad, Talking Bad, Revenge, Mentalist, Homeland, Good Wife & Amazing Race

3. Maryann says:

SATURDAY
    Cedar Cove
    Hell on Wheels

SUNDAY
    Once Upon a Time
    Revenge
    The Mentalist
    Betrayal

4. iMember says:

Once Upon a Time and REVENGEEE! Got my red sharpie all ready to go. I really gotta watch Breaking Bad on Netflix sometime.

5. Season 39 premiere of SNL (hope this season is going to be even better than Season 38). Also, the series finale of Breaking Bad and the Season Three premiere of Homeland (two of the best TV dramas I’ve ever seen).

6. MariaD says:

Saw the sneak preview of Masters of Sex. It is fantastic. Liz Caplan is wonderful, and the actor who plays Master’s wife is an unsung hero in her portrayal as well. Homeland is a must watch for me, and oh my, so is The Good Wife. Thank goodness for the multiple showings on Showtime programming. It is sad that Once was at one time “must watch” for me, but I am not sure I will return this season. It is no longer the compelling series it once was for me. I might check it out on VOD, and then determine if I will be back.

7. Kim R says:

The Good Wife & The Mentalist. (Already saw Homeland). :)

8. Simon Jester says:

Homeland marathon (now that I have Showtime)
    Last Tango in Halifax
    Once Upon a Time
    BREAKING BAD (!!!!)
    Boardwalk Empire

9. EJ says:

SNL-if Tina Fey doesn’t play Sarab Palin I’ll be very sad. I’m curious to see the new cast members, particularly the AT&T guy.

10. Eric7740 says:

Once Upon a Time
    The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season Finale!!!
    Masters of Sex
    Amazing Race (maybe)
    Hello Ladies (maybe)

11. joey says:

SNL, Breaking Bad, and Talking Bad.

12. K. says:

I’ll be watching OAUT, Revenge and The Mentalist. Dvr Homeland.

13. Pati says:

So many things to watch

Once upon a time, revenge, betrayal and homeland for me

14. erin says:

Tonight SNL, tomorrow The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad, Revenge, Masters of Sex, Hello Ladies.

15. Bonnie says:

I have lost interest in most of these and have no interest in the new ones. Bring back Army Wives! Pan Am! Bun Heads! The Lying Game! Deception! And I could go on and on over the good ones that I have got interested in and then they are removed! Except for Army Wives, those I listed, we’re not even on very long. I do not find I want to even get invested in the new shows until I see if they are going to last past one season!

• I agree about the shows leaving, you just get interested; and their gone. at least revenge is still with us,;betrayal was very good; but gone now. I can’t wait for the tomorrow people, I hope it around for a while. and I hope they bring grim back;; sandy

16. jolene says:

Is homeland running season 3 without breaks? Because here in Belgium it’s starting next week. And it’s always the same song, we start really soon, the US takes a break, and then we are too close and we start repeating. It’s maddening. I wanna know if I have to bother with the Belgian network.

17. Andy says:

OUAT, Revenge, and The Mentalist

18. Brandy says:

Once Upon a Time

19. Babygate says:

OUAT, Revenge, The Good Wife. Next week add: Drop Dead Diva and Witches of Eastend. Week after that, Walking Dead. Sundays are the biggest TV days for me. Thank you DVR.

20. Jake says:

Breaking bad and revenge and then the good wife. I hate homeland but gotta say this is one tough time period for tv dramas

21. brycealexander says:

All I watch on Sundays anymore is Bob’s Burgers. Not interested in hyped-up non-network shows or any of the dry stuff ABC and CBS have to offer. It’s a shame. Sundays used to be great for me.

22. maggie says:

Foyle’s War on Masterpiece Mystery (PBS)

23. Francine says:

Guess I’m the only one excited for Eastbound and Down…

24. Leondre says:

Why do the cable networks schedule so many of their shows on SUNDAY?

The Simpsons
    Once Upon a Time
    Revenge
    Homeland

25. Jake says:

Can cbs please move the good wife back to Tuesdays and put person of interest on Sundays

26. AshleyRae says:

BREAKING BAD SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. bobbie says:

At least they didn’t call it “the johnsons of sex”.
    Watching: once, good, revenge, breaking bad

28. DanielleZ says:

Breaking Bad followed by Masters of Sex because the other 3 shows I watch airing at 9:00 pm on Sunday (Boardwalk Empire, Homeland and The Good Wife) won’t be available on demand until Monday.

• Moo Juice says:

Breaking Bad is 75 minutes. So unless you’re timeshifting you’ll be tuning into mos late.

• DanielleZ says:

Thanks for the reminder. The Masters of Sex pilot has been available on Showtime all week. I’m watching it now. I have to admit that it’s not doing a lot for me. I’m beginning to think everyone thinks its the greatest thing since sliced bread because of the sex. There had better be more to it than what I’ve seen the first 30 minutes if I’m going to stick with it.

29. madbengalsfan85 says:

New England @ Atlanta

30. ollie says:

Ouat revenge good wife

31. roderk says:

I would look once upon a time and revenge.
    Breaking Bad and Homland, I never craves. I look but do not fail me to miss.
    The mentalist, the endless story about Red John pushed me to wait until the end to see all of a sudden during a marathon. At every time, it is going to experience the identity of Red John at the end of the season. It is as endless as the revelation of the identity of the mother in HIMYM (but we know after nearly eight seasons)

32. Steve says:

Breaking Bad
    Homeland
    Boardwalk Empire
    Low Winter Sun
    Once Upon A Time
    The Good Wife
    Revenge
    The Mentalist Betrayal
    Watched the Masters of Sex early preview yesterday on the Audience Network. My Directv Genie is working hard tonight.

33. Jimmy says:

Let’s be real… Breaking Bad will get a monstrous amount of viewers and the highest rating for the night, nothing can beat Walter White and Co.’s farewell episode, it’ll be amazing.

34. Britta Unfiltered says:

It was quite a day for shows. It was a good thing I finally had my POS DVR box replaced last month, because it got a major workout tonight. I think I missed about three shows due to scheduling conflicts too.